RED Georgia: 13.4
RED Kentucky: 13.1
RED Oklahoma: 13.1
RED Missouri: 12.3
RED Idaho: 12.3
BLUE Indiana: 11.7
Would be nice to add the #1 area:

1. Washington, D.C.
The nation's capital is also the capital of gun deaths. There were 24.5 firearm-related deaths per 100,000 people in Washington, D.C.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-204_162-10010004-...

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#4080 Feb 28, 2013
P.S. Washington is clueless as to what colour they are. Red, Blue, Chartreuse....

Listen, when did this damn country (cuntry) get so damn freakin' divided?

When is the next civil war?

Amazing how everyone has become such dipsheep!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#4081 Feb 28, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Highest gun fatalities, top twenty

RED Alaska: 20
RED Louisiana: 19.5
RED Wyoming: 18.8
RED Arizona: 18
Tie Nevada: 17.3
RED Mississippi: 17.3
Blue New Mexico: 16.6
RED Arkansas: 16.3
RED Alabama: 16.2
RED Tennessee: 15.4
RED West Virginia: 14.7
RED Montana: 14.5
RED South Carolina: 13.8
RED North Carolina: 13.6
RED Georgia: 13.4
RED Kentucky: 13.1
RED Oklahoma: 13.1
RED Missouri: 12.3
RED Idaho: 12.3
BLUE Indiana: 11.7
State your source.
Here's mine: http://m.theatlanticcities.com/neighborhoods/...

Now, that's deaths by gun per 100,000. That's very general. It's easy to say this state has a Republican Governor, or votes this way or that way. To be accurate, you must look deeper. How many large cities does the State have? How does the big city gun death rate compare to the rural areas? A State with a smaller population will generally have a higher per 100,000 ratio of gun deaths. Did the State recently elect a Republican Governor? It may have been Democrat for decades until recently. Even with a Republican Governor, the large cities generally are Democrat ruled. How many hunting accidents occur in a given State? How many suicides happen in a given State? Why do so many suicides occur in a given state? Is it the Democrat induced loss of jobs? How many gangs exist in a given State? That usually is directly proportional to how many big cities exist in a given State. How many of those gun related deaths were justifiable homicides or self defense related? How many of the shooting deaths were committed with stolen or illegal guns?

Try again! You failed miserably. You basically attempted the equivalent of providing basketball statistics for a baseball discussion.

Location hidden

#4082 Feb 28, 2013
DC tells it like it is wrote:
P.S. Washington is clueless as to what colour they are. Red, Blue, Chartreuse....

That's a fisherman! Only fishermen know what color chartreuse is.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#4083 Feb 28, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
The pizza man may have saved his own life by not just being a victim.
"May have", huh?

The postman could be carrying a bazooka to blow in your front door. If you shoot him as he walks up the pavement you "may be saving your own life by not just being a victim."

I should have shot that kid with the hockey stick the other day in town. You never know if he was thinking about hitting me with it.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#4084 Feb 28, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
How much?
your entire welfare check and your food stamps for a year

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#4085 Feb 28, 2013
DC tells it like it is wrote:
from DC huh .........

Washinton DC (district of Columbia) isn't in a state. it is it's own district. a long time ago when the states were fighting over who would have the capitol they decided to make a seperate place for Washington so that no state could claim it.

Voting rights of citizens in the District of Columbia differ from the rights of citizens in each of the 50 U.S. states. The United States Constitution grants each state voting representation in both houses of the United States Congress. As the U.S. capital, the District of Columbia is a special federal district, not a state, and therefore does not have voting representation in the Congress. The Constitution grants the Congress exclusive jurisdiction over the District in "all cases whatsoever."

In the United States House of Representatives, the District is represented by a delegate, who is not allowed to vote on the House floor but can vote on procedural matters and in congressional committees.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#4086 Feb 28, 2013
CERTAINLY WASN'T A COWARD:

ORANGE CITY, Fla.(AP)— Police arrested a central Florida man who shot at the car of a fleeing shoplifting suspect in a Walmart parking lot.

Orange City police say Jose Manuel Martinez was charged with aggravated assault and shooting into an occupied vehicle on Wednesday.

Martinez told police he joined the chase. And when he couldn't stop Mckee, he pulled a 9 mm handgun and shot four times at the vehicle, saying he wanted to "mark the car" for police. Martinez has a concealed weapons permit.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah the second ad at work

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#4087 Feb 28, 2013
Texas Man Takes on 3 Home Intruders With a Rifle — Find Out What Happened

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/28/te...

When Randy Magdeleno arrived home Wednesday morning, he found three burglary suspects running around his Houston home. It was a terrifying situation, he said, but thankfully he had his gun to protect him.

The problem was, the .22LR bolt-action rifle was unloaded. But the burglars didn’t know that.

The incident occurred around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday. Magdeleno said he heard voices as soon as he entered his home after dropping his wife off at work.

Location hidden

#4088 Feb 28, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>your entire welfare check and your food stamps for a year
Ok, so, wager nothing huh? Lets bet your welfare check or food stamps!

Name your wager big guy!

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#4089 Feb 28, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so, wager nothing huh? Lets bet your welfare check or food stamps!
Name your wager big guy!
well I have cash against your check , knowing reading isn't your forte .... a bet ... now explain

“Why not”

Level 2

Since: Feb 09

Mine

#4091 Mar 1, 2013
Mil you have to be one of the biggest idiots on here Please post a sign in front of your trailer that this is a GUN free zone just so your neighbors will make sure they don't come to your need when needed Fn loser!!!!!!!

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Level 4

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4092 Mar 1, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so slow.
If I reply to you it's because of something YOU've said. If I reply to someone else it's because of something THEY've said.
You get it now?
Slow? You can’t follow a thread.
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>You narrowed the statement I initially made.
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean just like NBC, edit quote to promote your own agenda?
Now, how exactly did NBC promote my agenda?

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4093 Mar 1, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
"Aided"? No. But we made a profit with Germany (AS ALWAYS), yes.
Germany has been part of the Hansa Company since Viking times. South Sweden, North Germany, the Platdeutsch territories, Poland, Denmark, and the Baltic countries all together were almost like an international nation onto itself and we even spoke a language that was a mixture of them so we could understand one another. Although we didn't like it, the fact that the Nazi party had taken control of Germany it was none of our business, and given the historical events that preceded it we could certainly understand how and why it happened. No, we do not understand the Holocaust however.
Having said that, we didn't specifically do business with "the Nazis". We did business with Germany as we'd been doing since long before the United Snakes was even "discovered".
I know they don't teach you very much in the United Snakes. I guess your schools think if they taught you anything with truth in it you might all begin to think for yourselves ... then you'd demand Democratic principles to be instated. But perhaps they just think that the truth is too complicated for you?
Because Sweden made a profit they couldn’t have aided the German War Machine? Really?

Because Sweden aided the Nazi’s your nation is just as guilty as Germany for the atrocities of WW-II.

“*Merry Christmas*”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#4094 Mar 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:

<quoted text>Highest gun fatalities, top twenty
(?) couldn't you have made it the top 19?
It's because of that damn bunch of hillbillys
just across the Ohio river!
Them heathens come up here cause they got kin and
then cause trouble.

DC 'i' dip 'my' sheep in sheepdip*

**Sheep dip is a liquid formulation of insecticide and fungicide which shepherds and farmers may use to protect their sheep from infestation against external parasites such as itch mite , blow-fly, ticks and lice.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4095 Mar 1, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are wrong.
Do you do know the diff between a crime (or the statistic of that crime) and being charged with that crime?.... nope you don't. You ought to know the diff .... they're in your own words, "states charges must be filed against a suspect". CHARGE - CRIME. No same ting man.
Now being charged with a crime is not the same as committing a crime. If you actually believe that you’re presuming everyone charged is guilty. A charge and a crime are not the same thing.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4096 Mar 1, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
All that for 2 pizzas and a cell phone? Come on RH, you can do better than this.
You’re being dishonest.

The pizza delivery person defended himself. He had a gun pointed at him. Would he have been shot after he gave up everything? We don’t know. Should someone with a gun being pointed at them have to wait until the criminal pulls the trigger?

Here’s the link again – read it more carefully http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news... #

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4097 Mar 1, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but it could've been better - had he just handed over his pizzas and cell phone. Let the cops pick them up.
Doesn’t always work that way. Often when victims of crime co-operate they’re assaulted or killed anyway.

Would you mandate someone wait to defend themselves until they’re assaulted or killed?

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4098 Mar 1, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Possibly" is not fact. Out of the more than 4,500 shootings in the US yesterday, how many involved someone getting killed over a pizza and a cell phone?
Think of this as your 6-sigma question of the day.
You’re correct possibly is not fact. But the fact was the delivery person’s life was in immediate danger. He had a gun pointed at him by a criminal.

His actions were appropriate.

“*Merry Christmas*”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#4099 Mar 1, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Now being charged with a crime is not the same as committing a crime. If you actually believe that you’re presuming everyone charged is guilty. A charge and a crime are not the same thing.
Tell Obama that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 4 min Word by Word 24,114
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min Commander Bunny 152,525
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 7 min 75 Scorpio 2,957
Old TV shows – what's your favorite? 10 min Listen and Speak 3
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min Gillette 132,779
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 22 min ShadyBits 1,762
What do you do IF................? 23 min Care Bear 0
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr Mega Monster 25,734
Is it possible to....... 3 hr toad4754 579
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 7 hr Princess Hey 334
More from around the web