“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Level 4

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3824 Feb 22, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually my point was - for the last time - if you are open to the general public, you are bound to certain laws and regulations. They are set up that way to protect the general public. It's called the law - regardless of whether you own the business or not. Shooting a gun is a perfectly legal act - on a gun range - but not in a restaurant. Having sex with your girlfriend in your house is legal (assuming she's 18 or over)- having sex in a restaurant is not. It's all about location, location, location.
You seem to accept all laws and regulations as just. They’re not.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3825 Feb 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Horrible.
Why not loosen the regs a bit, sure, you have the occasional fire but what the heck?
At least 233 people were killed.... More than 230 people died and more than 120 were injured early ... Hundreds dead in Brazil nightclub fire
Are you afraid we’re running out of people?

In your mind security is more important than freedom. You believe more laws and regulations contribute to security.

Let’s ban fires and nobody will ever die in a fire again. Good luck with that.

Poor little weasel.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3826 Feb 22, 2013
DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
I try real hard not to mention video games. I deeply believe they've a had a huge hand in the way the youth are being desensitize.
I still think meds are really really ...really bad for our children.
I also realize Wiki isn't fact, but will point this out. Is out there:
"The massacre sparked debate over gun control laws, the availability of firearms within the United States and gun violence involving youths. Much discussion also centered on the nature of high school cliques, subcultures and bullying, in addition to the influence of violent movies and video games in American society. The shooting resulted in an increased emphasis on school security, and a moral panic aimed at goth culture, social outcasts, gun culture, the use of pharmaceutical anti-depressants by teenagers, teenage Internet use[1] and violent video games."
milwaukee, do you have children? Have you raised children?
Have you worked with children? How much do you know about children?
How so? Video games are not reality and someone mentally healthy understands that.

Our society today is safer than any other time in history. Even so, many are constantly whining about not being safe.

There is one major difference between now and previous time in history. Our access to information in unprecedented. That tends to skew our view by making it appear we’re at greater risk.

On children today we shield them from failure. We tend to manage their lives with structure. We’re over protective and don’t allow them to experience life by trial and error. I feel bad for the children, they’re missing so much.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3828 Feb 22, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
When criminals face armed resistance from citizens.
HAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

CATO....

Do let me know when you can figure out how to hide 32,000 dead every year.

Or if you can PROVE that there are 6,800 "defense uses" in any one day.

Here's a thought: Show us all just one hundred defense uses yesterday.

Level 5

Location hidden

#3829 Feb 22, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you afraid we’re running out of people?
What a shame we are running out of you, dear.

So what is your point if you don't care about fatalities- 32,000 a year- if you are going to insist wars that kill 100 million are also okay since there are 8 billion people on earth?

Level 5

Location hidden

#3831 Feb 22, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<
In your mind security is more important than freedom.
You do speak well for yourself yet you presume to try to speak for your betters?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Look, you stupid MOOP: if you want to live someplace with your own rules, you are going to have to buy an island and kick everyone else off because nobody is going to put up with you and your cr@p.

The easiest way to understand why there are clean indoor air acts is to travel from one airport to another, from one airport that bans smoking to another where they allow the "freedom" of a minority to stink up the building, to befoul the air with the cancerous fumes.

“You think so?”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#3832 Feb 22, 2013
Why is it the progressive liberals that steal guns then go and kill movie goers and children in school,there has never been a conservative NRA member??? > Ft Hood Shooter - Registered Democrat- Muslim > Columbine Shooters - Too young to vote- both families were registered democrats and progressive liberals > Virginia Tech Shooter- Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff. Registered Democrat > Colorado Theater Shooter - Registered Democrat, staff worker on the Obama campaign, occupy wall street participant, progressive liberal > Connecticut School Shooter- Registered Democrat, hated Christians > A common thread is that all of these shooters were progressive liberal democrats. Interesting...isn't it? > I WAS THINKING, MAYBE WE SHOULD JUST MAKE IT ILLEGAL FOR DEMOCRATS TO BUY GUNS

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3833 Feb 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a shame we are running out of you, dear.
So what is your point if you don't care about fatalities- 32,000 a year- if you are going to insist wars that kill 100 million are also okay since there are 8 billion people on earth?
Which war killed 100 million?

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3834 Feb 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do speak well for yourself yet you presume to try to speak for your betters?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Look, you stupid MOOP: if you want to live someplace with your own rules, you are going to have to buy an island and kick everyone else off because nobody is going to put up with you and your cr@p.
The easiest way to understand why there are clean indoor air acts is to travel from one airport to another, from one airport that bans smoking to another where they allow the "freedom" of a minority to stink up the building, to befoul the air with the cancerous fumes.
Have you ever had a single coherent thought? How are airports now involved?

“Crude, Rude, and Lewd!”

Level 7

Since: Jun 08

Sayonara Falls.

#3835 Feb 22, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obvious and statistics prove it.
<quoted text>
I think you're losing sight of the point. Did the Nazis, the Rwandans, the Serbs murder more than the L-O-N-G list of mass-murdering American civilians? Yes. But that's not what we're talking about, is it. Or are you trying to compare the military machinery of a few nations with American civilians who murder for their own personal agenda/pleasure?
<quoted text>
I already said that.
<quoted text>
That's not the point at all. "Desensitization" is not the problem. "Troubled" is the problem. The American system is rotten and it lies at the bottom of the "troubled" American citizenry.
You're missing the point about the Nazis. The point is, after guns were confiscated from the citizens they had no way to defend themselves against the tyranny. Nazis murdered millions of people who were left defenseless.
Take away a citizen's guns and there is no one to stand between him and the tyranny of a criminal bent on getting his way, a tyrannical government rounding up scapegoats, or a deranged person strolling into a theater or school.

Another point is if you ban citizens from having weapons, they will be sold on the black market...only to the people you're trying to prevent from having them. Can you really count on a policeman presence in every single place a mass shooting could occur? Banning guns will not stop them from being sold and you will still have the problem of mass shootings, only with no potential of a private citizen being able to stop such a person.

“Crude, Rude, and Lewd!”

Level 7

Since: Jun 08

Sayonara Falls.

#3836 Feb 22, 2013
There is something to be said for the overmedicated theory. Ritalin was invented in 1948 but it wasn't until the 90's that it was heavily prescribed for ADHD children, teens, and adults. Some doctors have become greatly concerned that it is being overprescribed. It has been shown to increase aggression in adults and in some kids. I'm not saying it's a definite cause, but the rise of prescriptions of ritalin seem to coincide with the rise of violent video games and also with these mass shootings. There probably needs to be a study on this if there already isn't one.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#3838 Feb 22, 2013
What Are the Best and Worst States for Second Amendment Fans?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/22/wh...

Level 8

USA

#3839 Feb 22, 2013
Family fights back when 3 gunmen storm their home; one intruder shot

http://www.khou.com/news/local/21-year-old-pr...

HOUSTON –A 21-year-old man sprang into action to protect his family Thursday night when three suspects barged into their northwest Harris County home.

The young man was home with his mother and father in the 3900 block of Brook Garden when the armed men forced their way into the house around 8 p.m., according to Harris County Sheriff’s deputies.

The family was in the middle of baking a cake, when there was a knock at the door.

“I see a young boy and I think it is a friend of my son so I open it a little bit,” the father explained.“These guys push and out comes two more, they push me on the ground.”

Level 8

USA

#3840 Feb 22, 2013
Joe Biden's Shotgun Advice Could Land Jill Biden in Jail

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/02/2...

Vice President Joe Biden might want to have a talk with his son, Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, before he makes another public statement about guns.

In a Facebook "chat" Tuesday, the vice president said that he had advised his wife, Jill, to fire a shotgun in the air from their Delaware home's porch if she was concerned for her safety.

"I said,'Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here, walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,'" Biden said.

"You don't need an AR-15—it's harder to aim," he added, "it's harder to use, and in fact you don't need 30 rounds to protect yourself. Buy a shotgun! Buy a shotgun!"

However, Delaware law would likely make his suggestion illegal—unless the shots were fired in self-defense in a truly life-threatening situation.

A sergeant with the Wilmington, Del., police department explained to U.S. News that city residents are not allowed to fire guns on their property.

The sergeant, who preferred not to be identified, said that Wilmington residents are also not allowed to shoot trespassers. "On your property you can't just shoot someone," he said. "You have to really feel that your life is being threatened."

Defense attorney John Garey—a former Delaware deputy attorney general—agreed, and added that several criminal charges might result if Jill Biden took her husband's advice.

"In Delaware you have to be in fear of your life to use deadly force," Garey said. "There's nothing based on his scenario alone" indicating a reason to fear imminent death, he noted.

Level 8

USA

#3841 Feb 22, 2013
Police: Car burglar stopped by a gun-toting businessman

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/Poli...

BAKERSFIELD, Calif.(KBAK/KBFX)— A man was caught red-handed trying to break into a car by a businessman with a gun.

Police say it happened Monday afternoon in front of a business on Chester Avenue at 5th Street.

The business owner who spotted the alleged burglar confronted him and held him at gunpoint until police arrived. Lt. Don Kreuger said the suspect was taken into custody and would be booked on vehicle burglary charges.

The businessman was detained briefly while police investigated the incident and then released.

Level 8

USA

#3842 Feb 22, 2013
Proposal: No permit needed to carry concealed weapon in Utah

http://www.ksl.com/...

SALT LAKE CITY — Permits wouldn't be necessary for most people to carry concealed weapons in Utah if a state lawmaker gets his way.

Rep. John Mathis, R-Vernal, is sponsoring H.B. 76, which allows essentially any law-abiding citizen over the age of 21 in the state to carry a gun, openly or concealed.

Utah would effectively become a "constitutional carry" state if the measure is approved. That term refers to a state where carrying a concealed weapon isn't restricted by law.

It's unclear whether the bill can clear the Utah Legislature.

Level 8

USA

#3843 Feb 22, 2013
intruder shot by Loganville mother out of hospital

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/alleged-in...

By Christian Boone

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Paul Ali Slater, shot five times at close range in an incident that attracted national attention, survived when few thought he would.

“I haven’t met anyone who isn’t surprised to find out he’s still kicking,” Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman said.

But instead of celebrating his release from Gwinnett Medical Center after more than a month in recovery, Slater finds himself incarcerated. He’s facing three counts of aggravated assault and burglary charges for allegedly forcing his way into the home of a Loganville mother, who hid with her 9-year-old twins in an attic crawlspace as Slater gained entry with a crowbar.

When Slater, 32, discovered their hiding place, the unidentified woman, who’s emerged as a hero to gun rights advocates, responded by firing five bullets into the Long Island native.

Level 8

USA

#3844 Feb 22, 2013
NY Prosecutors to press case against retired special forces soldier in high capacity magazine case

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/02/ny-prose...

I previously reported on the case brought against retired and injured special forces soldier, Nathan Haddad, Injured special forces soldier arrested in upstate NY for possession of high capacity ammunition magazines

Nathan is a decorated soldier who has been recognized for his community service in helping other veterans.

Nathan was charged with 5 felony counts for possession of empty 30-bullet magazines.

Nathan had a court appearance today. I have confirmed that prosecutors insist on pursuing criminal charges, offering Nathan the opportunity to plead guilty to 5 Class A Misdemeanors. The plea would not result in jail time, but would result in Nathan having a criminal record which would cause him to lose his civilian job with the Department of Defense.

Level 8

USA

#3845 Feb 22, 2013
What The Hell is Going on in Colorado?‘Use Pens for Defense’,‘Pee on Yourself’,‘Women Can’t be Trusted with Guns’

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/what-the-hell-i...

OK.

This is getting a bit ridiculous.

What the hell is going on in Colorado that public officials there are making the most assinine comments ever this month?

And yes, that is the Colorado flag flying upside down, because you guys are in distress whether you know it or not.

As many know, the state where the Aurora theatre shooting took place has been involved in a debate on gun control and it looks like the state is poised to pass at least some kind of new gun control measures in the coming days.

That is disappointing because I remember visiting Colorado when I was younger, and everyone outside of Denver seemed to be very friendly, pro-gun and intelligent.

In the past couple of weeks we have heard some of the most ridiculous arguments I have ever heard come from public officials.

Level 8

USA

#3846 Feb 22, 2013
Doublestar Will No Longer Sell Weapons to Law Enforcement in States Where Citizens Cannot Own the Same Weapons

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 6 min mountain ashe trees 26,168
Obama Impersonator 10 min Roy 4
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 10 min Dog 29,568
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 11 min Texas 3,598
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 14 min Tonight I will be... 3,922
True or False Game 14 min Vector aka Victor... 639
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 16 min Hoosier Hillbilly 54,917
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 53 min Roy 149,657
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 2 hr Michael 46,093
Reports: Google fined $2,000 for catching woman... 3 hr wichita-rick 4
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 hr -Lea- 22,553

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE