Only cowards need guns

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3800 Feb 21, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
http://www.pulpless.com/gunclo ck/noframedex.html
According to the National Self Defense Survey conducted by Florida State University criminologists in 1994
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck !

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

What is particularly HILARIOUS about these "studies- put aside for a second Kleck has done surveys from GUN SUBSCRIPTIONS and then multipled them out to the US population- is GUN GNUTTERS decide they don't have to do the MATH for these "self-defense" "uses" (and a use is anytime someone claims he/she was nervous and grabbed his gun and looked out a window):

2.5 million would be close to 7,000 times a day, and close to 300 times an hour.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAAH!

Guess how many police reports are filed?

Guess how many of these incidents are recorded in the local newspaper?

Level 5

Location hidden

#3801 Feb 21, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
eith grade?
Yeah, I bet you did, Jethro.
Lag, honey.

You want to go toe to toe, darling?

Level 5

Location hidden

#3802 Feb 21, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you bring your sexual fetishes into the discussion.
Again: don't dish it out if you are going to cry like a 39 year old queen who got a run in her stocking when it gets tossed in your face.

Level 5

Location hidden

#3803 Feb 21, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
Government interference is extreme.
Horrible.

Why not loosen the regs a bit, sure, you have the occasional fire but what the heck?

At least 233 people were killed.... More than 230 people died and more than 120 were injured early ... Hundreds dead in Brazil nightclub fire

Level 5

Location hidden

#3804 Feb 21, 2013
DC tells it like it is wrote:
Let us never forget the meds our children are being stuffed with to not give a flying crap about a damn thing...least of all, life.
You watch too many movies, honey.

Level 5

Location hidden

#3805 Feb 21, 2013
DC tells it like it is wrote:
I still believe with all my heart Oscar is innocent.
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!

The best you can hope for is criminally negligent homicide: let's pretend he didn't know it was his girlfriend.

Let's ignore all the evidence SA has produced so far...

Let's go with his story: that he heard a noise in the bathroom and shot through the m/f door at someone he thought was at least a human being.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#3806 Feb 21, 2013
http://www.conservapedia.com/Gun_control

Gun control laws restrict the purchase or ownership of guns, even though guns are typically acquired for defensive and/or sporting purposes. Studies show that more gun ownership results in less crime, but liberals push gun control because it increases the dependency of voters on government for protection. The political effect of gun control is to shift voters leftward, and hence the primary supporters of gun control are the liberal media and leftist politicians.[1] In the United Kingdom, which already has the strictest gun control in Europe, leftists demand control over 120,000 deactivated guns, even though their activation and use constitute only 0.04% of all gun offenses there. But leftists want gun control because fewer guns means greater dependency on government.[2]

Level 8

USA

#3807 Feb 21, 2013
Searching For Hard Data On Guns And Violence

http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewherper/201...

The terrible, terrible tragedy in Newtown, Conn., has ignited a national discussion about gun control. My immediate response is to seek out data — what do we know, what can we know. Many of the questions that are being asked about guns and violence — do more guns mean more deaths? more massacres? do guns prevent crime — should be answerable by good science. This is a first look at some studies and data points that I have found that provide some factual traction in the debates that are going on. In this post, I’m going to try to at focus on sharing data and research and evaluating its strengths and biases, without drawing too many of my own conclusions.

Level 8

USA

#3808 Feb 21, 2013
http://www.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs...

When criminals face armed resistance from citizens

The ostensible purpose of gun control legis
-
lation is to reduce firearm deaths and injuries.
The restriction of access to firearms will make
criminals unable to use guns to shoot people.
Gun control laws will also reduce the number of
accidental shootings. Those are the desired ef
-
fects, at least in theory. It is important, however,
for conscientious policymakers to consider not
only the stated goals of gun control regulations,
but the actual results that they produce.
What would be the effect of depriving ordi
-
nary, law-abiding citizens from keeping arms
for self-defense? One result seems certain: the
law-abiding would be at a distinct disadvantage
should criminals acquire guns from under
-
ground markets. After all, it is simply not possi
-
ble for police officers to get to every scene where
they are urgently needed.

Level 8

USA

#3809 Feb 21, 2013
This research is based upon the most recent available data in 2010. Facts from earlier years are cited based upon availability and relevance, not to slant results by singling out specific years that are different from others. Likewise, data associated with the effects of gun control laws in various geographical areas represent random, demographically diverse places in which such data is available.

Many aspects of the gun control issue are best measured and sometimes can only be measured through surveys,[1] but the accuracy of such surveys depends upon respondents providing truthful answers to questions that are sometimes controversial and potentially incriminating.[2] Thus, Just Facts uses such data critically, citing the best-designed surveys we find, detailing their inner workings in our footnotes, and using the most cautious plausible interpretations of the results.

http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

Particularly, when statistics are involved, the determination of what constitutes a credible fact (and what does not) can contain elements of personal subjectivity. It is our mission to minimize subjective information and to provide highly factual content. Therefore, we are taking the additional step of providing readers with four examples to illustrate the type of material that was excluded because it did not meet Just Facts' Standards of Credibility.

Level 8

USA

#3810 Feb 21, 2013
Will Banning Guns Stop Homicides? Stats from England and Australia Show…

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/12/28/wi...

Level 8

USA

#3811 Feb 21, 2013
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx...

Veterans receiving letters from VA prohibiting ownership of guns

Written By Constitutional Attorney Michael Connelly, J.D.

How would you feel if you received a letter from the U.S. Government informing you that because of a physical or mental condition that the government says you have it is proposing to rule that you are incompetent to handle your own financial affairs? Suppose that letter also stated that the government is going to appoint a stranger to handle your affairs for you at your expense? That would certainly be scary enough but it gets worse.

What if that letter also stated:“A determination of incompetency will prohibit you from purchasing, possessing, receiving, or transporting a firearm or ammunition. If you knowingly violate any of these prohibitions, you may be fined, imprisoned, or both pursuant to the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, Pub.L.No. 103-159, as implemented at 18, United States Code 924(a)(2).”?

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#3812 Feb 21, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
Will Banning Guns Stop Homicides? Stats from England and Australia Show…
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/12/28/wi...
Good post. Helped make my point:

Within a decade of the handgun ban and the confiscation of handguns from registered owners, crime with handguns had doubled according to British government crime reports. Gun crime, not a serious problem in the past, now is. Armed street gangs have some British police carrying guns for the first time.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#3813 Feb 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You watch too many movies, honey.
Say sweet cheeks, I don't really watch very many movies, or TV.
I read.

Maybe you are peeping in the wrong window.

Guess me again, honey bear.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#3814 Feb 21, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I enjoy the way the phrase, "on meds" is thrown around nowadays in the wake of the recent mass shootings. There are "good meds" out there, contrary to popular belief. The NRA would love it if we could just figure out a way to blame all of this "on meds."
I try real hard not to mention video games. I deeply believe they've a had a huge hand in the way the youth are being desensitize.

I still think meds are really really ...really bad for our children.

I also realize Wiki isn't fact, but will point this out. Is out there:

"The massacre sparked debate over gun control laws, the availability of firearms within the United States and gun violence involving youths. Much discussion also centered on the nature of high school cliques, subcultures and bullying, in addition to the influence of violent movies and video games in American society. The shooting resulted in an increased emphasis on school security, and a moral panic aimed at goth culture, social outcasts, gun culture, the use of pharmaceutical anti-depressants by teenagers, teenage Internet use[1] and violent video games."

milwaukee, do you have children? Have you raised children?
Have you worked with children? How much do you know about children?

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#3817 Feb 21, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a revelation from a dream you had? Where did you get such a silly notion?
It is wrong to say gun control doesn't work and you have completely ignored "the choice" I mentioned. If someone beats you on your head long enough you will finally strike back. Either he must stop beating you or you must learn how to fight. What do you recon the best choice is?
"What do you recon the best choice is?"

A very sharp object.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#3819 Feb 21, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a revelation from a dream you had? Where did you get such a silly notion?
It is wrong to say gun control doesn't work and you have completely ignored "the choice" I mentioned. If someone beats you on your head long enough you will finally strike back. Either he must stop beating you or you must learn how to fight. What do you recon the best choice is?
Read post 3812 on this thread. And then ask me another question.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#3822 Feb 21, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
The "terrible, terrible tragedy in Newtown, Conn." - and SO MANY like it, happened in the United Snakes. You cannot (in all honesty) claim that removing 100% guns from the American population will result in a few million deaths by machete simply because of what happened in Rwanda.
Sighting guns statistics in some other nation, with some other mentality, with another social order dies not (can not) apply to the U.S. Is that really not common sense?
On your avatar, seems to state you are from Sweden. From this map, your country and American yoke up even:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countrie...

America didn't even make the top five:
http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/travel/n...

American didn't make the top 20: http://www.businessinsider.com/1homicidal-cou...

Nor top 10: http://worldnews.about.com/od/crime/tp/Top-Mu...

Tongue? If you wish:

Walk up to the mirror, and start there.

Good night~

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Level 4

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3823 Feb 22, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to mention "no smoking".
I didn’t forget. I do feel sorry for people like you. You’re welcoming of the government telling you what to do. Trying making your own decisions, you might like it.

If people want to smoke that should be their choice. If a business owner wants to permit smoking inside the confines of his privately owned space that should be his choice. If you or I don’t like it we’re not required to go inside. In fact, we don’t have an inherent right to enter that business.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Level 4

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3824 Feb 22, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually my point was - for the last time - if you are open to the general public, you are bound to certain laws and regulations. They are set up that way to protect the general public. It's called the law - regardless of whether you own the business or not. Shooting a gun is a perfectly legal act - on a gun range - but not in a restaurant. Having sex with your girlfriend in your house is legal (assuming she's 18 or over)- having sex in a restaurant is not. It's all about location, location, location.
You seem to accept all laws and regulations as just. They’re not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min Broken Lance 163,094
The N-word: (Jul '14) 12 min Aiesha 382
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 21 min Broken Lance 1,849
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 23 min Broken Lance 56,916
Things that make life eaiser... 24 min Suezanne 632
News School votes for communism-themed dance dubbed ... 26 min ConchaPena ONE an... 73
letter H 27 min Suezanne 38
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 40,777
News Muslim cleric says masturbating makes your hand... 5 hr Ex Senator Santpo... 26
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 6 hr beatlesinafog 666
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 8 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 31,999
More from around the web