Only cowards need guns

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#3776 Feb 20, 2013
Yes, Guns Kill, But How Often Are They Used in Self-Defense?

http://townhall.com/columnists/larryelder/201...

About the tragedy in Aurora, Colo., rapper/actor Ice-T made more sense -- and has a better understanding of the Second Amendment -- than gun-control proponents.

Asked by a London news anchor about America's gun culture, Ice-T said: "Well, I'd give up my gun when everybody does. Doesn't that make sense?... If there were guns here, would you want to be the only person without one?"

Anchor Krishnan Guru-Murthy, Channel 4 News: "So do you carry guns routinely at home?"

Ice-T: "Yeah, it's legal in the United States. It's part of our Constitution. You know, the right to bear arms is because that's the last form of defense against tyranny. Not to hunt. It's to protect yourself from the police."

Anchor: "And do you see any link between that and these sorts of (Aurora-type) incidents?"

Ice-T: "No. Nah. Not really. You know what I'm saying, if somebody wants to kill people, you know, they don't need a gun to do it."

Anchor: "It makes it easier, though, doesn't it?"

Ice-T: "Not really. You can strap explosives on your body. They do that all the time."

Anchor: "So when there's the inevitable backlash of the anti-gun lobby, as a result of this instance, as there always is--"

Ice-T: "Well, that's not going to change anything.... The United States is based on guns."

Security experts say a determined killer, willing to give up his own life, cannot be stopped. The odds, however, can be shifted in favor of the victims and would-be victims. How?........

Level 8

USA

#3777 Feb 20, 2013
Disarming the Myths Promoted By the Gun Control Lobby

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2012/02...

As much as gun control advocates might wish otherwise, their attacks are running out of ammo. With private firearm ownership at an all-time high and violent crime rates plunging, none of the scary scenarios they advanced have materialized. Abuse of responsibility by armed citizens is rare, while successful defensive interventions against assaults on their lives and property are relatively commonplace......

Level 8

USA

#3778 Feb 20, 2013
Operation Self Defense

Because self-defense is a basic human right...

...and people need to know the truth about how many people use firearms to legally defend life, liberty and property.

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/opsd/

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Level 4

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3781 Feb 21, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always seen what you mean, but - and here is the bigger than life but - if your business is open to the public, and I mean anybody (meaning it is not a private club), then it is subject to laws and regulations - normally local. Like if you owned a restaurant, I would guess that the health department would be in once every 30 days to conduct an inspection. Afterall, unless you're serving rat burgers - those rat turds behind the fridge probably would warrant a citation. Also, my guess is that the fire marshall (re: department) would want to do a 90-day inspection of your fire protection systems. Lastly, and this is the biggie, if you choose to be selective in who you admit to your restaurant - be it based on race, creed or color, well I don't have to tell you what may happen next. See, the public - you, me, the other guy - we all want to make sure that we're not taking our family out to a rat-infested, matchstick pile of hay that only serves white heterosexual males.
But, you desire to regulate a perfectly legal act on that private property. Then you compare to health and fire code violations. And are adding race. If smoking were illegal then the comparison would be fair.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3782 Feb 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid moop: I don't care if you smoke or not, it doesn't have a single thing to do with what I said. Maybe if your boyfriend didn't have his fingers stuck in your ears and his belt buckle bouncing off your forehead ,you could better concentrate.
Again, you bring your sexual fetishes into the discussion. I donít think anyone on the thread cars what you and your boyfriend do.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3783 Feb 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what planet you are on, but here on earth, there is a LONG list of things business have to do in order to open the doors to the public, and the list in the USA is longer than most other counties in this universe.
Iím very aware of the long list of things required to open any business. Everything from door knob style to height of sinks to size of parking spaces. Government interference is extreme.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3785 Feb 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Coffee shop has a sign outside: maximum occupancy = 100 persons.
Business owner decides he doesn't need to obey that- allow in only skinny people- and says he has room for 150.
What's wrong with that?
That would leave your lazy ass outside.
sunnyday

Naugatuck, CT

#3786 Feb 21, 2013
I support the second amendment.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#3787 Feb 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I passed Size 10 1/2 in eith grade, buttercup.
HAHAHAHAHAH.
Wipe your chin.
eith grade?

Yeah, I bet you did, Jethro.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#3788 Feb 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
There aren't 330 million Americans alive, you pencil-dicked DOPE!
HAHAHAHAAHAH!
You start off with a lie, let us know when you are going to stop lying and we can start over.
Maybe you should go back to "eith" grade.

http://geography.about.com/od/obtainpopulatio...

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#3789 Feb 21, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
You're using a single case of a man shot dead to support your "no guns are dangerous" theme?
In a land WITH guns:
But you're crazy if you think I'm going to name each and every one of the kindergarten, primary school, high school, college, university, post office, church, shopping mall, cinema, traffic jam, drive-by, and "for the insurance money" murder and mass murder that has gone down the pike in the U.S. to prove the point.
I understand what you are saying. I am saying, we've always had guns in America. We did not always have mass shootings. Not like this, and not for any reason.

No need to list anything. I've a list from the first mass shooting on. Once again, I am saying, most of the mass shooters are on meds and some are from upper middle class families.

What I would like to see, is people thinking about the fact that we are drugging our children, and letting them run pretty much under their own steam. Nothing good will ever come of this. As you can see.

Once again. We will not be able to take guns from all Americans. Only the good ones. Once that happens, guns will end up in the worst of hands. Only.

As said, I do not own a gun, due to the fact, I own a very bad temper. I know better. Whereas others do not, nor do others care, or their guns would not end up in the hands of their children which are shooting them point blank in the face.

And yes, I did use a single case of gun use in the UK. As you, I could line this thread with knife murders over there to prove humans kill one another regardless the weapon.

Again, it takes two to have one killed.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#3792 Feb 21, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
But, you desire to regulate a perfectly legal act on that private property. Then you compare to health and fire code violations. And are adding race. If smoking were illegal then the comparison would be fair.
Actually my point was - for the last time - if you are open to the general public, you are bound to certain laws and regulations. They are set up that way to protect the general public. It's called the law - regardless of whether you own the business or not. Shooting a gun is a perfectly legal act - on a gun range - but not in a restaurant. Having sex with your girlfriend in your house is legal (assuming she's 18 or over)- having sex in a restaurant is not. It's all about location, location, location.

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#3793 Feb 21, 2013

“Crude, Rude, and Lewd!”

Level 7

Sayonara Falls.

#3794 Feb 21, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.
As has been said (though not yet has it sunk in) there are the 2 main points of the argument:
1). Guns themselves.
2). Those who own/use them.
As has also been pointed out there are countries with guns yet without the mass murder mayhem.
So. AMERICANS ought not to have guns. Is that not clear? There are concrete reasons why Americans ought not to own guns but neither the U.S. government nor the everyday American wants to rectify the situation.
The bottom line is obvious ........
If you do not want to give your countrymen equal rights and opportunities, a proper education, civil justices for everyone, employment with fair wages, and respect then you'll just have to remove the guns from society. That's the choice.
No, it is not obvious, and you have failed to prove that point. Mass murder occurs all the time in many countries, using different weapons. It's society that needs to be educated. We have become so desensitized that murder and death mean nothing to these troubled young kids. Mainstreaming them has not been an answer, but a whole problem in itself.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#3795 Feb 21, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.
As has been said (though not yet has it sunk in) there are the 2 main points of the argument:
1). Guns themselves.
2). Those who own/use them.
As has also been pointed out there are countries with guns yet without the mass murder mayhem.
So. AMERICANS ought not to have guns. Is that not clear? There are concrete reasons why Americans ought not to own guns but neither the U.S. government nor the everyday American wants to rectify the situation.
The bottom line is obvious ........
If you do not want to give your countrymen equal rights and opportunities, a proper education, civil justices for everyone, employment with fair wages, and respect then you'll just have to remove the guns from society. That's the choice.
Actually from my understanding of the latest news, we need to get rid of SUV's. More so, the drivers of said SUVs:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/roll...

Now, about people in other countries. How quickly we forget:
http://articles.cnn.com/2011-07-22/world/norw...

If society would only take the meds away and make for better education and have someone ....oh...I don't know...like a mother to raise children....things may become better.

At the moment, is a total tailspin. Like the war on drugs. Make it hard for folk to abuse drugs and they form whole armies to bring drugs to the table.

Take guns away, and you will have shootings out of control.

Is wrong to say "no". Doesn't work.
Teaching a child from the womb forward. That helps. And that is the ticket.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#3796 Feb 21, 2013
this is off topic a bit, but is so interesting:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57570443/...

I still believe with all my heart Oscar is innocent.

And nothing about me or my beliefs are/is easy going.
I tend to be so dogmatic, I growl. And bite, hard.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#3797 Feb 21, 2013
DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>If society would only take the meds away and make for better education and have someone ....oh...I don't know...like a mother to raise children....things may become better.
Never saw the movie Psycho, huh?

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

#3798 Feb 21, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never saw the movie Psycho, huh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7Apk1X2sEOQXX
Yes, the original one when I was 8 years old. Saw it when it came out.

You're making a point like I did with the UK. One movie? Really?

How about Heathers? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heathers

That would be about when things started to get dark....er.

There was not one thing comic about the movie Heathers. It put Psycho to shame.

Think Columbine. Nothing like a upper middle class pissed off teenage in a trench coat, huh? Oh yeah...and on meds. Let us never forget the meds our children are being stuffed with to not give a flying crap about a damn thing...least of all, life.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#3799 Feb 21, 2013
DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the original one when I was 8 years old. Saw it when it came out.
You're making a point like I did with the UK. One movie? Really?
How about Heathers? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heathers
That would be about when things started to get dark....er.
There was not one thing comic about the movie Heathers. It put Psycho to shame.
Think Columbine. Nothing like a upper middle class pissed off teenage in a trench coat, huh? Oh yeah...and on meds. Let us never forget the meds our children are being stuffed with to not give a flying crap about a damn thing...least of all, life.
I enjoy the way the phrase, "on meds" is thrown around nowadays in the wake of the recent mass shootings. There are "good meds" out there, contrary to popular belief. The NRA would love it if we could just figure out a way to blame all of this "on meds."

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3800 Feb 21, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
http://www.pulpless.com/gunclo ck/noframedex.html
According to the National Self Defense Survey conducted by Florida State University criminologists in 1994
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck Kleck, kelk kleck kleck kleck !

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

What is particularly HILARIOUS about these "studies- put aside for a second Kleck has done surveys from GUN SUBSCRIPTIONS and then multipled them out to the US population- is GUN GNUTTERS decide they don't have to do the MATH for these "self-defense" "uses" (and a use is anytime someone claims he/she was nervous and grabbed his gun and looked out a window):

2.5 million would be close to 7,000 times a day, and close to 300 times an hour.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAAH!

Guess how many police reports are filed?

Guess how many of these incidents are recorded in the local newspaper?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Geno's Confessions - Part III 18 min Ohio Sam aka F_R_E_D 3
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 22 min Ohio Sam aka F_R_E_D 222,177
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 31 min Ohio Sam aka F_R_E_D 76,856
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 37 min Ohio Sam aka F_R_E_D 5,514
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 40 min Lewis 83,957
Last Post Wins II (Nov '09) 46 min tiger_-_dad 4,918
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 50 min SweLL GirL 17,354
Cyber Friendships real or not? (Nov '11) 1 hr Goku Black 1,297
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr Geno 25,443
More from around the web