Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3725 Feb 19, 2013
Great White Snark wrote:
<quoted text>I say there are too many idiots that have guns, even more now since they think Obammy is going to outlaw them, meaning more and more silly accidents will happen.
There will be more guns if the temperature of the earth goes up or goes down, if the Yankees win the pennant or don't, if the stock market goes up or it goes down.

There are 275 million in the USA now and we can be sure that another 32,000 will be dead in 2013 because of them, and another 32,000 dead in 2014.

And we can be sure the more there are, the faster the number will go up.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3726 Feb 19, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
There will be more guns if the temperature of the earth goes up or goes down, if the Yankees win the pennant or don't, if the stock market goes up or it goes down.
There are 275 million in the USA now and we can be sure that another 32,000 will be dead in 2013 because of them, and another 32,000 dead in 2014.
And we can be sure the more there are, the faster the number will go up.
More guns mean less crime. Where you have no concealed carry you have high crime rates because only criminals have guns

“'" Always Thinking '"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#3727 Feb 19, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are millions of firearms in Chicago.
So we know before you post another line, you are a m/f c/s liar.
But we knew that already.
Again 'i'm just the messenger.ROTFLMGDFAO-who said that!??
and what "area" is that?

“'" Always Thinking '"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#3728 Feb 19, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So we know before you post another line, you are a m/f c/s liar.
But we knew that already.
Just the messenger: Who said ROTFLMGDMFAO?
What "area" was that?
Geno

United States

#3729 Feb 19, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>

Wipe your chin.
Why, did you jizz on me again? You naughty boy!
Problem is

United States

#3730 Feb 19, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the crooks and "law enforcement" have them, and sometimes it's difficult to tell which is which. That's the problem with letting liberals run (read: ruin) things.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#3731 Feb 19, 2013
Great White Snark wrote:
Oscar Pistorius shot his model GF Reeva Steenkamp thinking she was an intruder. Yep, we need more people with guns that don't have the slightest clue how to use them and get spooked by their own family members when they enter their home.
At least this was his defense.
Before you react within, I am not a religious person. Not even close.
Now, with that out of the way.

I was reading a few posts the other day. Am not sure about the article, but someone in the posts recommended reading Mathew Ch. 24.
So, I did. It states to be armed to protect your home.

If you read this, you will see the Blade Runner's account of what happened. I deeply and truly believe him:
http://world.time.com/2013/02/19/oscar-pistor...

Before you think I am clueless. I know a bit about guns, about being shot at by a raged filled husband and having on a gun on my person at the time.

When someone is going to shot someone in rage, they have a nasty need to look them in the eyes.

I feel for Oscar. He is truly innocent.

Now...if you want to speak about fools and guns. Let us speak of this:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/20/us/shooting...

Is not so much the guns, is society. We can remove as many guns as can be done. There are plenty more. Am sure is a phenomenal amount, all sizes, shapes and kinds....with matching bullets.

Do some research and you will find around 1996 on babies born to crack mothers converged on middle schools. We have them as well as the ritalin, adderall and anti-depressed youth running around.

There have always been guns. More accessible than today for most of us. We had drugs as well. This wasn't happening. Not on this large of a scale.

We need to keep our guns.(I do not have one) We need to educate ourselves about what walks amongst* us.

Horse out of gate, ass of fire, no water on site. We are really to far beyond our own hope.

It's all about the ride now.
Have a plan.

*among

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#3732 Feb 19, 2013
shot=shoot

Level 5

Location hidden

#3733 Feb 19, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
More guns mean less crime.
Funny how in this universe more guns means more crime and that is why the USa has so much crime.

And more guns will mean more women and children will die at the hands of the worthless cowards who bought the guns "for protection" and turn them on the family.

Level 5

Location hidden

#3734 Feb 19, 2013
Geno wrote:
<quoted text>Why, did you jizz on me again? You naughty boy!
As long as you are receiving, honey.

Level 5

Location hidden

#3735 Feb 19, 2013
DC tells it like it is wrote:
If you read this, you will see the Blade Runner's account of what happened. I deeply and truly believe him:
Do you have some money?

I have some beach property, gosh, I can let it go for a song.

Send me a check and I'll send you the title.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/02/19/art...

Level 5

Location hidden

#3736 Feb 19, 2013
DC tells it like it is wrote:
We need to keep our guns.
I sure Nancy Lanza insisted she needed to keep her guns- the assault weapons and the automatic handguns.

She had to protect herself from the government taking over...

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#3737 Feb 19, 2013
So much for the stereotype that only macho, brutish men own guns, so that they can turn them on their poor defenseless spouses.

PAINESVILLE, Ohio — Mary Ann Froebe stood feet apart with knees slightly bent and aimed the .22-caliber Ruger semiautomatic.
Multimedia
Slide Show
Rising Voice of Gun Ownership Is Female
Related

Giffords Eases Steadily Into New Life, and Cause (February 10, 2013)
Times Topic: Guns and Gun Control

National Twitter Logo.
Connect With Us on Twitter

Follow @NYTNational for breaking news and headlines.

Twitter List: Reporters and Editors
Enlarge This Image
Michael F. McElroy for The New York Times

Mary Lang instructing Tamara Wysocki during Breakfast and Bullets, an event held by A Girl and a Gun Women’s Shooting League in Painesville, Ohio. More Photos »
Enlarge This Image
Michael F. McElroy for The New York Times

Terri Herbert favors background checks on private sales. More Photos »

“You’ve got some adrenaline running through you right now,” said Esther Beris, the coordinator of the northeastern Ohio chapter of A Girl and a Gun Women’s Shooting League.“It’s O.K., just relax.”

Ms. Froebe, 42, a small-business owner who described herself as a “virgin gun shooter,” concentrated and pulled the trigger.“It was awesome,” she said, her face flushed, after emptying the 10-round magazine.“The sense of control, of being in charge of me.”

In the debate over firearms regulations, the voices of gun owners have largely been those of men. But at firing ranges across the country, a growing number of women are learning to use firearms and honing their skills.

Women’s participation in shooting sports has surged over the last decade, increasing by 51.5 percent for target shooting from 2001 to 2011, to just over 5 million women, and by 41.8 percent for hunting, according to the National Sporting Goods Association.

Gun sales to women have risen in concert. In a survey last year by the National Shooting Sports Foundation, 73 percent of gun dealers said the number of female customers had gone up in 2011, as had a majority of retailers surveyed in the two previous years.

Manufacturers have increasingly geared advertising toward women, marketing special firearms models with smaller frames, custom colors (pink is a favorite), and accessories like the “concealed carry”“salmon kiss” leather handbag offered by Cobra Firearms or the leopard shooting gloves and Bullet Rosette jewelry sold by Sweet Shot (“Look cute while you shoot!” is the company’s motto).

Women’s shooting clubs have also proliferated — not just in small towns like Painesville, but also in Atlanta, Houston, even Manhattan, where a women’s gun club meets regularly at a firing range in Chelsea, a neighborhood better known for art galleries.

On a recent Friday, Ms. Froebe and eight other women attended the Painesville shooting league’s inaugural Breakfast and Bullets gathering at Perkins Family Restaurant for brunch and then moved on to Atwell’s Shooting Range. There, Ms. Beris taught them how to hold and load a handgun safely and then coached them on the range.

Though they may share a fierce belief in the Second Amendment with their male counterparts, female gun owners often learn to shoot for different reasons, their interest in and proficiency with firearms not just a hobby or a means for self-defense, but a statement of independence and personal power.

Tina Wilson-Cohen, a former Secret Service agent who founded She Can Shoot, a women’s league with 10 chapters and 3,000 members across the country, said 90 percent of women who joined did so because “they’ve been a victim at one point of their life, of stalking or date rape or domestic violence, or they have just felt so vulnerable, and they want to feel competent and like they can protect themselves.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/11/us/rising-v...

Level 8

USA

#3738 Feb 19, 2013
Pop quiz: Name one accessory that grandmothers, moms, girls, wealthy socialites, middle-class females and low-income women might be likely to own — and cherish — all across America.

If you answered “a gun,” you’d be correct.

Based on polling research and gun-sale statistics, an estimated 15 million to 20 million women in the United States own their own firearms. Dozens of those heat-packing women are documented in “Chicks with Guns,” a new book by photographer Lindsay McCrum that is sure to challenge almost anyone’s assumptions about gun ownership.

“Their numbers are really high but their profile is actually really low,” said McCrum, who spent three and a half years capturing artistic and arresting portraits of women with their weapons of choice.

“I was so surprised by the variety and breadth and diversity of these women,” McCrum said.“There are so many stereotypes about guns, mostly derived from popular culture, but the reality is so much more complex and varied than you can imagine.”

Greta, the young woman pictured on the cover of "Chicks with Guns," received her first gun as an infant and completed a hunter’s safety course to earn her lifetime hunting license before her 10th birthday.

“Chicks with Guns” reveals just how true that is. The book features nearly 80 portraits and captions in which women describe the role of guns in their lives in their own words. It quickly becomes apparent that rich women, poor women, young women, old women, athletic women, sedentary women and a fair number of confident girls possess guns for reasons that are peculiarly their own.

“I learned two main lessons while working on this book,” said McCrum, who divides her time between New York City and California when she isn’t traveling for work.“One is that on the subject of guns, nobody is neutral. And the other is that when you get outside of the blue-state cities, everybody has a gun.”

Some women in the book work in law enforcement. Some work on ranches. Some relish the thrill of hunting birds or big game. Some are accomplished competition shooters. Some are fiercely concerned about protection and self-defense. Some have guns that have been passed down in their families for generations and have become cherished heirlooms.

Some shoot because the activity is a natural outgrowth of their relationships with their fathers, husbands or brothers. Some chuckle because they’re much better shots than the men in their lives. And some delight over bringing specific guns home because the weapons make them swoon.

“I own a gold .50-cal Desert Eagle with tiger stripes, one of the largest, most powerful pistols out there,” a Minnesota resident named Theresa writes in her caption in the book.“Any girl would understand when I explain it was something I saw and HAD TO HAVE. Some women experience that feeling with clothes, some with jewelry. For me it was with a large firearm.”

In one memorable photograph in “Chicks with Guns,” Alexandra Knight, 38, of Houston, Texas, is pictured with a gun in one hand and her naked baby boy in the other.

http://www.today.com/id/44690575/site/todaysh...

Level 8

USA

#3739 Feb 19, 2013
Gun Ownership on Rise Among Women

(News Max)– Women across the country are taking to firing ranges to hone their marksmanship skills, putting an end to the days when gun ownership was almost exclusively a male-dominated domain.

According to the National Sporting Goods Association, the number of women who participate in target shooting increased 51.5 percent from 2001 to 2011 and by nearly 42 percent in the sport of hunting, reports The New York Times.

Overall, women now make up 25.8 percent of the estimated 5.1 million people who engaged in target shooting at least once in 2011, the association reports.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation this year also reported a 73 percent rise in the number of female customers at gun shops.

While the federal government does not specifically track the number of women gun owners, Peggy Tartaro, the editor of Women and Guns magazine, published by the nonprofit Second Amendment Foundation, reports the number is somewhere between 12 million and 17 million. She said gun ownership among women increased as they began to enter traditionally male-dominated professions, such as the military and law enforcement.

Gun experts say women often acquire guns and learn to use them for different reasons than men. Tina Wilson-Cohen, a former Secret Service agent who founded She Can Shoot, a women’s shooting league with 10 chapters and 3,000 members around the country, told The Times that 90 percent of members joined because they had been a victim of a stalking, date rape or domestic violence.

http://www.teaparty.org/gun-ownership-on-rise...

Level 8

USA

#3741 Feb 19, 2013
A gun ownership boom?

Posted by Aaron Blake on December 19, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Even as Americans have become more and more opposed to new gun control measures in recent years, the actual number of households owning guns has declined.

Until recently, that is.

The following chart, from the Violence Policy Center, tracks gun ownership in American households from 1973 to 2010.(The VPC is a pro-gun control interest group, but the data are from the nonpartisan General Social Survey.)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#3742 Feb 20, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is ***YOUR*** line:
"He's a HUGE reason that Chicago is not only mis-managed but unprotected. A couple of facts for you:"
Wipe your chin.
Yeah, and I've got a place for your chin, right on the end of my spit-polished, size 10-1/2 Boondocker.

So do you often have problems with facts or are you normally this ignotant?

I'm thinking the latter.

“'" Always Thinking '"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#3743 Feb 20, 2013
Damn,'i' was praying for a change.
And they say; "Old people get set in their ways"
*=* NOT US *=*

Force Majeure wrote: Conclusion: You are full of BULLSHIT.
Which is probably fact to a certain extent but
you making 2 Points with no references, websites,
or proofs of any kind except your character, and
we can see how valuable that is{?}
Tells 'us' your overflowing with "it".

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#3744 Feb 20, 2013
*ignorant
sunnyday

Naugatuck, CT

#3745 Feb 20, 2013
Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 10 min CJ Rocker 6,238
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 19 min SLY WEST 148,990
You know it's over when... (Aug '12) 20 min CJ Rocker 1,394
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 24 min Agents of Corruption 120,874
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 1 hr wichita-rick 1,886
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 1 hr beatlesinthebog 40,418
Big dawg 1 hr Princess Hey 621
Truck containing 36,000 pounds of Crisco stolen 1 hr beatlesinthebog 38
True or False Game 2 hr SLY WEST 383
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 2 hr SLY WEST 32