Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
EVERGREEN, Colo.(CBS4)– A Colorado woman shot a gun for the first time in her life after she found her family dog under attack by a mountain lion.
Wife Shot by Mistress Waits 48 Minutes for Ambulance After 911 Call
Nov. 19

The last words that Patti Godfrey heard before her husband's mistress started shooting at her were "I'll see you in hell."

That was just the start of a story that ended with two dead bodies, and a staggering 48-minute 911 call — the longest 48 minutes of Godfrey's life.

Karen Brand, a woman who had been Glenn Godfrey's mistress, was angry that he had ended the affair to get back together with his wife after the two had been separated. She hid in the Godfrey home, then jumped into view, shooting Glenn Godfrey and Patti before turning the gun on herself.

Patti Godfrey survived the attack and was able to call 911. But because of a computer glitch, it took dispatchers nearly an hour to find her as she lay bleeding from multiple gun shot wounds, nearly dead in her Eagle River, Alaska, home.

Godfrey had been shot four times with a .44-caliber Magnum handgun with hollowpoint bullets, designed to fragment. In spite of her injuries, and her long wait for help, Godfrey survived.

Her son, Gerad Godfrey, told Good Morning America that his mother has already been through two surgeries to repair the damage.

"She has a bullet fragment in her hip and her colon has to be replaced," he said.

Classic Love Triangle

The tragedy that took place on Aug. 3 began with a classic love triangle. Glenn Godfrey was 53, the just-retired "top cop" of Alaska's State Troopers. He had been married to his wife, Patti, for 35 years.

Glenn's mistress was Karen Brand, who was 20 years his junior, and a vice president of Alaska's Chamber of Commerce. She was angered by the break-up of their love affair, which Glenn had later told Patti about.

Police believe that Brand broke into the Godfrey home several days before the murders and took Glenn Godfrey's gun from its case. On the day of the killings, she had left a message on the Godfreys' machine, suggesting that their relationship was still continuing and that Patti "not be kept in the dark any longer."

She was hiding in the closet when the couple got home and heard the message.

Patti Godfrey had never even seen "the other woman" until she stepped out of hiding from a closet in their home, and began shooting. First Brand shot Glenn in the head, then she pumped four bullets into Patti — nearly severing her arm.

Brand was screaming at Patti Godfrey, according to her son, Gerad Godfrey.

"If I can't have him, none of us can," Brand told Patti Godfrey. "We'll all burn in hell."

After shooting Patti, she headed downstairs and shot herself.

Patti Godfrey managed to call 911. A dispatcher responded, saying "911. What's the emergency?"

"I've been shot, please … Please hurry," Godfrey said. "She just shot herself, I believe."

Praying Over the Phone

Waiting for help she thought was just minutes away, Godfrey prayed aloud into the phone. "I'm begging. Oh God. Save Glenn's life. Save Glenn's life," she said. "Lord Jesus, please help us. Save Glenn's life. Give us another chance. Lord Jesus."

Glenn Godfrey was already dead, and Patti seemed close. One bullet had ripped through her stomach, another through her leg. One nearly severed her right arm.

"Please my stomach's hurting," she said into the phone. "Please, please, please, I'm begging you. Oh, God, I can't hold on much longer."

Though Godfrey had given her address, dispatchers took information from their computers and emergency workers were sent to the wrong location. Ignoring protocol, the dispatchers had never asked for directions to her home.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
MIAMI (CBS4)– Police say two career criminals burglarized
(Newser)– A 9-year-old Minnesota boy was killed during a series of apparently random shootings last night. An assailant terrorized a residential area for about 30 minutes, walking down the middle of the street shooting at passing cars, the Pioneer Press reports. Nhan Lap Tran, 34, was arrested in the shootings, which took place in an area around his parents' home, where neighbors say he either lives or visits often. At least four cars were shot in a radius of several blocks; the dead boy's mother and another motorist were also injured.

"He was just walking diagonally down the middle of the street. Then he turned toward me and just started firing," says one witness. "He was just walking, not even running. It was crazy." The boy's mother pulled her minivan, with the back window and both rear tires shot out, into a nearby grocery store parking lot for help; her son had been shot in the head and died later at a hospital. She was shot in the arm. A third victim, a 68-year-old woman, was hit in the finger and leg and had to have her finger amputated. Her vehicle was hit by six rounds. "My three sisters were in the car; they just yelled,'Go!'" says the woman's granddaughter. The victim pulled into a nearby parking lot and a man who stopped to help also saw his tires shot out.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
72-year-old great-grandmother holds men at gunpoint
5 accidentally shot at gun shows in North Carolina, Ohio, Indiana
By Vignesh Ramachandran, Staff Writer, NBC News

Five people were wounded in accidents at gun shows in North Carolina, Ohio and Indiana on Saturday, according to authorities.

In Raleigh, N.C., authorities said three people were wounded when a loaded shotgun accidentally discharged at the Dixie Gun and Knife Show at the N.C. State Fairgrounds.

Officials say Gary Lynn Wilson, 36, was having his shotgun checked before entering the show when the incident happened. He was unzipping his 12-gauge shotgun's case when it accidentally fired birdshot pellets, hitting three people, The News & Observer in Raleigh reported. Wilson was planning on privately selling the gun at the show, according to NBC affiliate WNCN.
Advertise | AdChoices

The three victims, Janet Hoover, Linwood Hester and Jake Alderman, were hit, respectively, in the right torso, left hand and right hand, WNCN reported. They were taken to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries.

Witness Daniel Peadan told WNCN he was about to enter the building, when he heard a loud pop: "The people right there at the door, a lot of them ran ... They scattered because it was chaotic."

"This was an accidental discharge," said Brian Long, a spokesman for the North Carolina Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services, in a statement.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

This ignorant tool needs to be run out of office on a rail and then tarred and feathered.

Chicago Police Chief: Second Amendment Is A Danger To Public Safety

http://www.redstate.com/dloesch/2013/02/17/ch...

Chicago’s Chief of Police, who previously blamed ”government-sponsored racism” and Sarah Palin for Chicago’s gun violence, declared that the law-ful exercise of the Second Amendment was a threat to public safety. From the Illinois State Rifle Association:

Chicago’s embattled police superintendent dug himself deeper into a pit of controversy today by claiming that lawful firearm owners are agents of political corruption. Appearing on a Chicago Sunday morning talk show, superintendent Garry McCarthy expressed his conviction that firearm owners who lobby their elected representatives or who donate money to political campaigns are engaged in corruption that endangers public safety. McCarthy went on to express his belief that judges and legislators should rely on public opinion polls when interpreting our Constitution.

After totally dismissing the citizen’s right to redress grievances, McCarthy trained his constitutional wisdom on the 2nd Amendment. Despite recent court decisions to the contrary, McCarthy opined that the 2ndAmendment limits citizens to owning smooth-bore muskets. McCarthy went on to say that he believes that the 2nd Amendment supports mandatory liability insurance for firearm owners and the mandatory application of GPS tracking devices to civilian owned firearms.

“ Garry McCarthy ’s understanding of our Constitution barely qualifies him as a meter maid, never mind the chief of the nation’s third largest police department,” commented ISRA Executive Director Richard Pearson .“What on earth would possess McCarthy to assert that constitutional rights should be meted out based on public opinion polls? Let’s not forget that public opinion polls once opposed a woman’s right to vote while it would be a safe bet that, at one time, polls would have shown lynching as an acceptable form of justice. It has been said that our Constitution exists to protect the minority from the tyranny of the majority. McCarthy’s view of our Constitution is dangerous and unbecoming of a civil servant.”

“McCarthy needs to understand that the lawful firearm owners of this state will continue to lobby their representatives and continue to support candidates who represent their interests,” continued Pearson.“If Garry McCarthy doesn’t like that, well that’s just too bad. If McCarthy is so interested in influence peddling, he should pop into some of the gin mills ringing the Illinois Capitol and count the ruddy red noses of taxpayer-funded lobbyists for the City of Chicago.”

McCarthy’s assertion that the Founders limited arms to smooth bore muskets is demonstrably false as well.

McCarthy has previously said that Illinois “does not have strict gun laws” and that stricter laws were needed in order to adequately combat crimes committed by those illegally possessing firearms.

It’s a concerning prejudice against law-abiding citizens from an official who has the authority to arrest and give orders to fire at them.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
This ignorant tool needs to be run out of office on a rail and then tarred and feathered.
He's a HUGE reason that Chicago is not only mis-managed but unprotected. A couple of facts for you:

The handgun ban in Chicago is not new - Chicago passed its handgun ban nearly 27 years ago, on April 9, 1982. Guns are not illegal to own in Chicago - you can own one, but only if you’ve owned it since before 1982 and you register it every year with the Chicago Police Department.

At 143rd Street, on the right, sits Chuck’s Gun Shop, one of the closest places to legally buy a handgun outside Chicago’s city limits.

A trip to Chuck’s on a recent weekday morning saw nearly 30 patrons walk through the door in the space of an hour. They were there for guns. Trade-in, apply for, shop or rent – it’s all available at Chuck’s.

In 2006 Chuck’s won the Dealer Recruiter of the Year Award from the National Rifle Association for getting the most patrons to join the National Rifle Association.

Employees wear handguns in hip holsters, and before they’ll let customers see or touch anything, they ask to see their Firearm Owner’s Identification card.

According to Illinois law, anyone who owns or wants to own a firearm must apply for a “gun card,” as the FOID is commonly known.
Rev. Michael Pfleger, pastor at Saint Sabina’s Catholic Church in Chicago’s Auburn Gresham neighborhood, organizes gun drives and runs the Do You Care? intervention program to teach young people ways to resolve conflicts nonviolently.

He sees the problem as largely a cultural one.
“Kids are armed with guns because it has become part of the wardrobe in America,” Pfleger said.

One of the biggest reasons you never hear of a mass shooting at a Chicago area school.

http://news.medill.northwestern.edu/chicago/n...

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Colorado gets into the fray...

http://news.yahoo.com/colo-house-passes-gun-c...

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Nothing will never keep evil people from doing evil things!
N O T H I N G !

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Nothing will never keep evil people from doing evil things!
N O T H I N G !
I agree - just ask your goats!!!

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

PS:
IMO::
Thought processes work differently for all people
but it seems to-me they're working in reverse more
these days.
Working from the front and going backwards, when
they should be studing what's behind it all!
300,000,000 people explains why there's more
violence than there once was,?maybe?
But the "MEDIA" is mostly too cause, they wear
everything down to a frenzy when there's no cause for it.
IT ALL =spelled out in one word is:

G R E E D !

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

9rivers

Charleston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

you must be British only an Idiot would Stand there and take it to the death like the redcoats. it no longer a gentlemans World it hasn't been since Gov Made gun Laws

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Nine Rivers Capital is an India centric Investment Firm with a successful track record of investing in Small and Medium enterprises (SMEs). We invest in both public and private companies.

We are ‘value seekers�&#65533 ;?and look for deep value and/ or growth at a reasonable price. We aim to deliver superior returns by investing in SMEs that have strong, defensible business franchises and visible revenue and earnings growth. We believe that the Indian economy will continue to witness robust growth in the current decade and beyond, temporary glitches notwithstanding. This environment will see many SMEs grow into large competitive businesses.

We provide more than just access to capital. We see ourselves as long-term partners of our investee companies, and use our extensive experience and network to nurture their growth so that they can unleash their full potential.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Great White Snark wrote:
Oscar Pistorius shot his model GF Reeva Steenkamp thinking she was an intruder. Yep, we need more people with guns that don't have the slightest clue how to use them and get spooked by their own family members when they enter their home.
At least this was his defense.
How did he carry her body down the stairs with those blades is what I want to know.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Abell, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Great White Snark wrote:
Oscar Pistorius shot his model GF Reeva Steenkamp thinking she was an intruder. Yep, we need more people with guns that don't have the slightest clue how to use them and get spooked by their own family members when they enter their home.
At least this was his defense.
So now you're trying to ban guns in South Africa too?

LoL.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a HUGE reason that Chicago is not only mis-managed but unprotected. A couple of facts for you
There are millions of firearms in Chicago.

So we know before you post another line, you are a m/f c/s liar.

But we knew that already.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Great White Snark wrote:
Oscar Pistorius shot his model GF Reeva Steenkamp thinking she was an intruder.
Are you in the market for some North Dakota beach front property?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are millions of firearms in Chicago.
So we know before you post another line, you are a m/f c/s liar.
But we knew that already.
Did you actually read my post or just eyeball the first quoted line from REDNECKHIPPIE?

I surmise the latter.

And, "m/f c/s liar" shows your age.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Great White Snark wrote:
<quoted text>Better yet, where is a guy like that gonna score with a chick like that? She was hot.
Maybe she was a freak for the no legged thingee.
Doctor Diagnostic

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Great White Snark wrote:
<quoted text>No, I sarcastically pointed out we need more people like this here in our country knowing full well we already have them.
The gun problem isn't just a US problem though.
no shit sherlock
theres imbeciles everywhere
i.e. take a good look in the mirror
then take a dump in the turlet
its the same inflection and reflection.
quit posting while shit faced

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you actually read my post or just eyeball the first quoted line from REDNECKHIPPIE?
This is ***YOUR*** line:

"He's a HUGE reason that Chicago is not only mis-managed but unprotected. A couple of facts for you:"

Wipe your chin.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

121 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
A six word game (Dec '08) 5 min Parden Pard 17,239
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 10 min Parden Pard 39,915
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min Subduction Zone 112,915
Name something women do better then men .... 12 min Enzo49 37
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 13 min Parden Pard 2,973
How Did You Find TOPIX? (Mar '13) 31 min Enzo49 56
First contacts on offbeat (May '12) 33 min Mister_ E 757
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Mister_ E 141,384
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr Mister_ E 15,087