Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3565 Feb 16, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
I have posted a few stories of children who accessed the family guns and protected the family from predators.
Yes, it may happen every other year or so.

The only thing I have to post are the murders of wives that happen every single day, and the dozens of children who are shot accidentally by their brothers or friends because of some stupid m/f Dick who left the gun unlocked.

Sheriff: Man shot, killed wife during domestic dispute
Posted: Feb 12, 2013 7:27 AM PST Updated: Feb 12, 2013 8:43 AM PST
LANCASTER COUNTY, SC (WIS)-

A Kershaw man is in jail after investigators say he shot and killed his wife during a domestic argument late Monday night.

Joseph Daniel Hilton, 62, called 911 to report that he had shot his wife just before midnight, according to Lancaster County Sheriff Barry Faile.

When deputies arrived to the couple's home at 8992 Old Jefferson Hwy., Hilton surrendered himself in the front yard, Faile said.

Deputies then located Deborah Faile Hilton, 59, deceased inside the home. Hilton appeared to have a single gunshot wound, Faile said.

According to the sheriff, the investigation thus far has shown that Hilton shot his wife one time following an argument. No one else was present at the time of incident, Faile said.

Joseph Hilton has been charged with murder and was incarcerated at the Lancaster County Detention Center awaiting a bond hearing.

Level 5

Location hidden

#3566 Feb 16, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
In May 2010 an elderly Pennsylvania
Three years ago.

Do see the story above of someone who was 62(?) who shot his wife dead... a couple days ago.

A man killing his wife/girlfriend with a gun happens three times a day.

A woman living with a man who has a firearm has to understand the real risk is not from someone breaking into the house.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#3567 Feb 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it may happen every other year or so.
The only thing I have to post are the murders of wives that happen every single day, and the dozens of children who are shot accidentally by their brothers or friends because of some stupid m/f Dick who left the gun unlocked.
Sheriff: Man shot, killed wife during domestic dispute
Posted: Feb 12, 2013 7:27 AM PST Updated: Feb 12, 2013 8:43 AM PST
LANCASTER COUNTY, SC (WIS)-
A Kershaw man is in jail after investigators say he shot and killed his wife during a domestic argument late Monday night.
Joseph Daniel Hilton, 62, called 911 to report that he had shot his wife just before midnight, according to Lancaster County Sheriff Barry Faile.
When deputies arrived to the couple's home at 8992 Old Jefferson Hwy., Hilton surrendered himself in the front yard, Faile said.
Deputies then located Deborah Faile Hilton, 59, deceased inside the home. Hilton appeared to have a single gunshot wound, Faile said.
According to the sheriff, the investigation thus far has shown that Hilton shot his wife one time following an argument. No one else was present at the time of incident, Faile said.
Joseph Hilton has been charged with murder and was incarcerated at the Lancaster County Detention Center awaiting a bond hearing.
So, your stand is, because there are a few irresponsible or criminal gun owners, lets take them from everybody.
Lets take that into other arenas. There are irresponsible and criminal owners of motor vehicles, so in order to prevent the irresponsible and criminal owners of motor vehicles, lets take them from everybody.
There are irresponsible and criminal parents, so because there are irresponsible and criminal parents, lets remove all children from all parents.
There are irresponsible and criminal law enforcement officers, so lets eliminate all law enforcement officers.
There are irresponsible and criminal reporters, so lets ban all reporters.

The irresponsible and criminal element that own and use firearms should be dealt with. The overwhelming majority of gun owners are mature, responsible adults, to remove their means of personal defense because of the few is not only irresponsible, it is criminal.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#3568 Feb 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Three years ago.
Do see the story above of someone who was 62(?) who shot his wife dead... a couple days ago.
A man killing his wife/girlfriend with a gun happens three times a day.
A woman living with a man who has a firearm has to understand the real risk is not from someone breaking into the house.
So, you are saying that ALL women who live in a home where there is a gun are in danger of being murdered by the gun owner. For every incident of wrongful use of a gun, there are equal incidents of the lawful use of a gun to protect someone, whether it be a man, a woman, a child or the elderly

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3572 Feb 16, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
No. We are all in agreement that the police are the only ones carrying guns who are not cowards.
The police are the ones who put the tape around the body of the unarmed

Level 5

Location hidden

#3574 Feb 16, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
So, your stand is, because there are a few irresponsible or criminal gun owners, lets take them from everybody..
Why don't you show everyone where I said we should take guns away from everybody?

I know, I know: you are full of cr@p and when you are spitting it out like a spreader on the back of a tracker you don't like to be interrupted, and you probably don't it when I point out that you are a m/f c/s liar.

So do let's wait for you to show EVERYONE here where I suggested we should take guns away from everyone.

And when you find it, I'll stop posting.

Okay dear?

Deal?

And you don't post until you find it.

PS: a "few" gun owners every single day kill the wives or someone in their immediate family, every day, every single day.

Your story was close to three years old...

Level 5

Location hidden

#3575 Feb 16, 2013
Great White Snark wrote:
<quoted text>I have no statistics to back it up but I'd venture to say there are more children that access dads guns that do harm than those that save a life.
It isn't even close.

Level 5

Location hidden

#3576 Feb 16, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
For every incident of wrongful use of a gun, there are equal incidents of the lawful use of a gun to protect someone, whether it be a man, a woman, a child or the elderly
Not even close.

Now we have the numbers proffered by the NRA: that once a week someone with gun hears a noise in a bush and runs out with a firearm and shouts "who's that"? and hearing nothing... goes back in... and 'saves' four lives... there's two hundred...

COUGH.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Level 4

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3577 Feb 16, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I beg to differ - most businesses, heck that seems way to low, are open to the public. It's kind of a prerequisite for making money I think. Ever since they proved that second hand smoke is just as much dangerous as smoking itself, smoking has reduced in this country - I mean it is the main reason for smoking bans. When your freedom or habit starts to endanger the lives of other "non-participating" people, I would hope someone would step in. Whether it's the government or the voters - it's the right thing to do.
I'd like to get a smoker's opinion piece on this - we are, afterall, "non participants."
There is a difference between public place and open to the public which you fail to acknowledge. Most business while open to the public is private property. As such, they should decide if a perfectly legal act is permitted on the property or not.

If the government wants no smoking in those establishments then smoking should be banned. Until itís banned it should be allowed or disallowed according to the owner of that private property.

The smokerís piece on this will vary according to their beliefs.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3578 Feb 16, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Your decision? I suppose you think it's infraction of the rights of airline pilots who are refused a pilots license just because they have epilepsy?
<quoted text>
Your difficulty is that you can't see past your nose and you don't want to learn how to see any further than that either. If your control of an automobile is impared then you are a risk to your passengers and to all others in traffic.
<quoted text>
Children through the windscreen? It doesn't happen now that seat belts are mandatory. Strange coincidence, huh?
You fail to understand the relationship between personal rights and danger to others. Hiring an epileptic pilot greatly increases the risk to others. To compare that to smoking inside a business is an irresponsible debate.

Then you want to continue with driving while impair. Again, that greatly increases risk.

A child being ejected through the windshield was a very rare occurrence prior to mandatory seatbelt laws. More common was ejection through the side window as a result of a roll over. Itís still possible to be ejected even if properly restrained.

Also, there are cases where the seatbelt actually contributes to the fatality.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3579 Feb 16, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
You also must take into account that the stopping power of today's anti-lock brake systems are far superior to that of the old Kelsey-Hayes braking systems of the 1960's. Wearing a seatbelt nowadays keeps your behind well planted during hard braking. Seat belts are just one thing that has improved safety - proof? Just try to buy a car nowadays without them, airbags, anti-lock brakes, etc. They don't sell "farmer's specials" anymore.
Actually, you are 50% less likely to die of a serious automobile crash wearing seatbelts than if you don't. And lastly, I wouldn't drive my two-year old grandson anywhere without firmly and correctly buckling him in to his car seat.
I guess it is personal choice - and I choose to be here tomorrow.
That would go back to vehicle improvements which Iíve already stated.

OK, for sake of argument Iíll accept 50% less likely. What are you chances of being killed in an automobile accident? The annual risk is somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 in 5,000. Iím good with 1 in 2,500 odds as well.

I seldom wear my seatbelt and chances are better than average Iím safer in my vehicle unbuckled than you are in yours restrained.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3580 Feb 16, 2013
Great White Snark wrote:
<quoted text>I have no statistics to back it up but I'd venture to say there are more children that access dads guns that do harm than those that save a life.
More kids drown in swimming pool accidents than with gun accidents. Fill in those pools. If we can save the life of one child it is worth it

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3581 Feb 16, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone allows smoking in their business, and people choose not to patronize that business, that can force the business owner to disallow smoking. That is the way it should be. Government should not be making that decision for the business owner.
Tell barefoot2626 your theory about the Golden Gate Bridge. If there's no gun involved, I don't think you're going to convince him/her/it.
Thatís exactly correct. The market will dictate if smoking is allowed or not.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3582 Feb 16, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's unfortunate that you live in the wrong country - I hear Afghanastan allows smoking in all public places. You should give it try. But of course second hand smoke wouldn't be the only thing you and your camel would have to worry about.
So by restricting the people we have more freedom than Afghanistan?

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3583 Feb 16, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
But see the same people that complain the government shouldn't get involved with personal choices are the same individuals that complain about the high cost of health care and automobile insurance. You can't have it both ways. When you are in your car and driving down the highway, you are not on private property - you are on a federal highway.
Lastly - it's not the government that sets up smoking bans - it's the voters - you, me, everyone.
Really? When Iím off the Interstate Iím on a federal highway? Imagine that.

The government has no place requiring seatbelt use. If I choose not to use it that should be my choice, not yours nor the government.

Youíre assuming itís the voters creating the bans on smoking. In most cases itís local government. Regardless, the voters should have no say in the case of smoking on private property. Weíll go back to that burger again. The voters go to the poll and ban burgers inside the homes of everyone to promote the health of people. How would you feel about that?

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3584 Feb 16, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Choosing not to go out for the night and stay in doors and watch a movie is a choice. An excellent example is people want the choice of not having to have health insurance - to me that undermines the very ideals that many complain about in the first place - living without health insurance is what made health care so expensive. Complaining about things you can't do and wouldn't be doing anyways is a mute point.
Nobody's taking away your right to kill yourself or be turned down for medial care because you don't have insurance or smoke yourself silly in your own home. There are necessary evils in this world - there always have been.
Living without health insurance is not what made it so expensive. Try again.

Nobody is taking you right away to kill yourself? Really? Try again.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3585 Feb 16, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
What individuals are we talking about?
It's not about one person - with 330+ million people, it's kinda' hard, IMO, to make everyone happy with everything.
Individuals make poor choices all the time. Up here we've had a recent rash of wrong way drivers - a few have resulted in fatalites. Would you prefer that the "government" not do anything and trust that the individual would remedy the situation? I think I'd rather have a leadership that steps in and makes things just a little safer. I don't want to be taking my grandson home and come across a set of headlights coming at me with nowhere to go.
That doesnít answer the question.

Do you believe as population grows we must diminish the rights of individuals to accommodate the population?

Comparing choices in our lives with wrong way driving?

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3586 Feb 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
People who work for a living- I understand that would not be you- have a right to be exposed to health hazards that cause (among many other things) heart attacks and cancers.
If you want to run a business in your own home and not high other human beings: smoke your lungs out. Of course, the taxpayers will have to pick up the tab, but that is the cost of *personal* liberty.
But until you learn to swallow the smoke, the rest of us don't have to put up with your filthy habit.
So, you expect not to put up with something on someone elseís private property. How very nice for you.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3587 Feb 16, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
It's simple deductive reasoning.
FIRST PROBLEM: Do cowards need guns?
1). You need a gun.
2). You are a coward.
ANSWER: Collective conclusion = YES. "Cowards need guns".
SECOND PROBLEM: Am I a coward?
1). "If I don't answer your question then I am a coward."
2). I just answered your question in the "first problem".
ANSWER: NO. I am not a coward.
Take your lap dance to the next table, Stripper.
Your ďscientific methodĒ is seriously lacking. Are you afraid of people with guns?

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3589 Feb 16, 2013
Great White Snark wrote:
<quoted text>Im glad you said this Dragoon. The difference is criminals can't steal or gain access to a pool and use it to shoot someone or assist them in a car jacking or a theft. Yeah yeah I know, your next about will be about intentional drownings.
So because the scum of society will misuse firearms all law abiding citizen should be punished.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 3 min Enzo49 3,022
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min SobieskiSavedEurope 134,302
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min -Lea- 25,985
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 8 min wichita-rick 2,194
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 9 min NotaGoth 1,749
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 9 min Old Sam 7,804
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 10 min NotaGoth 138,418
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 37 min TALLYHO 8541 37,782
Is it possible to....... 1 hr Enzo49 591
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Enzo49 152,846