Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#333 Jan 2, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>A gun won't shoot you unless some idiot decides to pull the trigger. Stop blaming the object. Blame the real cause....the PERSON using the object.
Poor misunderstood guns- our most persecuted citizens, according to Okidoakie who straps on one of these poor citizens every day because people from the BIG CITY of Evansville are looking to ransack his trailer.

Has the USSC ruled that guns are people too, my friend? Why do you people defend guns as if they were living, breathing citizens, abused by a mere handful of people? How's that work?

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#335 Jan 2, 2013
African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text> how come I keep reading news of people getting shot all the time! THE PROBLEM HERE IS EVERYBODY OWNING GUNS IN THE US. VERY RELAXED GUN CONTROL LAWS. That is the problem. After the school shootings in the US, now everybody is calling for "gun control!" Why "gun control" when you can ban guns?! Why allow EVERYBODY INCLUDING A MENTALLY Messed up Adam Lanza own a gun? Why are people owning automatic weapons? Is that the safety guns provide? Those innocent people who have been shot, did their right to own guns protect them?
EXCEPT!!!!!!
Your hyperbole is way off base. We do not allow the mentally ill to own or possess guns. The shooter in Connecticut(I refuse to use his name)did not legally own the weapons he used. He STOLE them from his mother. Only criminals use AUTOMATIC weapons. They are not legal to possess by the American civilian population.
Guns cannot be BANNED in America. We have the protection of our founding documents. The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution. They tried to ban alcoholic beverages in this country and it was a complete clusterf@ck. So, banning the possession and use of guns to American civilians would end up the same.

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Kenya, E.Africa.

#336 Jan 2, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>A gun won't shoot you unless some idiot
decides to pull the trigger. Stop blaming the object. Blame the real
cause....the PERSON using the object.
I beg to differ! Eliminate the gun and cases of gun related murders and gun related violence will greatly reduce.

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Kenya, E.Africa.

#337 Jan 2, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Very few people own full auto guns
and the people who do are responsible. People often confuse semi=auto
and full auto.Don't believe what you see in movies
Why are you all against a life free of guns? is it so unsafe in the US?

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#338 Jan 2, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
EXCEPT!!!!!!
Your hyperbole is way off base. We do not allow the mentally ill to own or possess guns. The shooter in Connecticut(I refuse to use his name)did not legally own the weapons he used. He STOLE them from his mother. Only criminals use AUTOMATIC weapons. They are not legal to possess by the American civilian population.
Guns cannot be BANNED in America. We have the protection of our founding documents. The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution. They tried to ban alcoholic beverages in this country and it was a complete clusterf@ck. So, banning the possession and use of guns to American civilians would end up the same.
You can own a full auto. Get a class 3 license and pay the tax. Full auto is very seldom used in a crime even though the movies would make you think otherwise.

Location hidden

#339 Jan 2, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Very few people own full auto guns and the people who do are responsible. People often confuse semi=auto and full auto.Don't believe what you see in movies
What part of "...shall not be infringed..." are you letting them beotchslap you with????!!

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#340 Jan 2, 2013
African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text> Why are you all against a life free of guns? is it so unsafe in the US?
There is no way to eliminate guns. The criminals will always have them because they don't obey the law. I don't want only criminals to be armed. I carry a gun every day. I have a permit and it is for my protection. You never know when you might be in the middle of an armed robbery. All I want is a chance to defend my life. You never need a gun unless you need one real bad. Many of the women I work with carry. One woman killed a man who was attacking her
Taffy

Euless, TX

#341 Jan 2, 2013
African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you all against a life free of guns? is it so unsafe in the US?
I think you need to walk the walk before you talk the talk, so with you advising America and not living here is kind of a joke. Especially since most of your input and info is from American television. Focus on your country, something you might know about and could do some good.

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Kenya, E.Africa.

#342 Jan 2, 2013
judging by the comments I'm getting, the American people are in agreement with the govt on issues concerning guns and gun policies in the US.
Hoof Arted wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confusing government and people. Are you in agreement with your political leaders?
I don't know of anyone who wants to experience another random shooting of any type, much less in a school.
You're confusing our political leaders with the people.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#343 Jan 2, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>You can own a full auto. Get a class 3 license and pay the tax. Full auto is very seldom used in a crime even though the movies would make you think otherwise.
Thanks, I forgot about that one small segment of the population.

Location hidden

#344 Jan 2, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>There is no way to eliminate guns. The criminals will always have them because they don't obey the law. I don't want only criminals to be armed. I carry a gun every day. I have a permit and it is for my protection. You never know when you might be in the middle of an armed robbery. All I want is a chance to defend my life. You never need a gun unless you need one real bad. Many of the women I work with carry. One woman killed a man who was attacking her
It's always (when convenient...)'all or nothing' with you people.

"OH- you can't stop crazy people from using guns so, why even try?"

"Oh- taxing billionaires won't eliminate the debt so, let's tax poor people instead!"

"OH- we don't want crazy religious people running our country so lets ban Sharia Law and force Jesus back in the schools...."

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#345 Jan 2, 2013
Overheard in the office today, "Yeah, I got online and was looking for an AR. I couldn't find one for under $3,000 so I went to Cabela's to see what they had on the shelf. Holy sh*t!!! They want $5,000 for one with a cheap scope mount!!! I'll just wait till this all blows over and then buy one this summer."

"this all blows over" resulted in 20 dead children.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#346 Jan 2, 2013
African_shadows wrote:
Dumb<quoted text>
that is what I thought but you think it hides your IDs

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#347 Jan 2, 2013
African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text> Guns aren't the same as apples LOL. A bad apple won't shoot me radomly and catch me unawares :)
really ADAM may give you an argument ...lim randomly

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#348 Jan 2, 2013
African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text> I don't live in Uganda or Somalia. Why bother with them. The reason I pick America is because America is concerned with other country's affairs including mine. America pushes Africa around with their unfair economic policies. Talking about "democracy" and stuff. America even wants one presidential candidate to win in the upcoming Presidential elections in March in Kenya and not the other. America prefers Mr. Raila Odinga and not Mr. Uhuru Kenyatta. That's why I am concerned with America. They interfere with my country's political affairs, I concern myself with American affairs as well! Ban Guns America. I don't want to hear another random school shooting over there!
geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze :

In a new escalation of the conflict in the Horn of Africa country, Kenya has sent troops into Somalia to hunt down Al-Shabaab group

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#349 Jan 2, 2013
African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text> Why are you all against a life free of guns? is it so unsafe in the US?
because you may have a machete

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#350 Jan 2, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
Overheard in the office today, "Yeah, I got online and was looking for an AR. I couldn't find one for under $3,000 so I went to Cabela's to see what they had on the shelf. Holy sh*t!!! They want $5,000 for one with a cheap scope mount!!! I'll just wait till this all blows over and then buy one this summer."
"this all blows over" resulted in 20 dead children.
Someone not being armed to stop the shooter was what allowed the mass shooting. 8 million people now have concealed carry. Gun free zones attract these crazy killers
swxxxt

Rochester, PA

#351 Jan 2, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
I like Guns but Guns are neccessary in our World because someone terrible will have them.
We need Guns for protection

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#352 Jan 2, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Someone not being armed to stop the shooter was what allowed the mass shooting. 8 million people now have concealed carry. Gun free zones attract these crazy killers
It's too bad they can't develop a bullet proof vest that deflects as good as your posts.

“Brains are wonderful,”

Level 5

Since: May 10

I wish everyone had one.

#353 Jan 2, 2013
It doesn't matter what you guys continue to debate about. The fact is that it's a right to own a gun if you choose so.
Many can nanner on about the pros and cons of having guns, but until you find yourself scared chitless or threatened by someone, you may wish that you had a little back up.

People on here harping about guns and gun laws are forgetting how criminal can get them easily. I sure would hate to have my right to own a gun nixed and some jack wagon with an arrest record for robbery a mile long walking around packing.

Pot is a crime, but you can find it easily, booze was outlawed but people continued to drink. Go ahead, just try and make it harder for honest folks to carry a gun, it won't effect me one bit. I will always have a gun and I will always carry it. My jobs says no guns allowed at work .... too bad, I will never give up the ability to defend myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min SobieskiSavedEurope 134,114
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min X Crypsis X 152,801
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 19 min Enzo49 25,908
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 19 min whatimeisit 6,911
New "Drop one Word" With Famous People's Names (Oct '12) 22 min whatimeisit 449
w0rds - - a ~ 2 ~ z (Jan '13) 45 min Independent1 1,225
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr Princess Hey 138,407
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 1 hr Xstain Mullah Decree 12
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 37,764
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 3 hr toad4754 3,015