|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been here since 08 and I have spent time all over topix, from offbeat to top stories, to Little League and many many more. I have created my own threads dealing with diverse subjects. I have spent time in many virtual bars and on trivial threads.I don't have a problem with the overwhelming majority of posters that I interact with, same goes for the RW. I am very easy going, but do not tolerate bullies and IMHO you are a bully. If you can't get someone to see things your way with logic, you resort to personal attacks, hate pejoratives, slurs of all kinds and cruel cutting remarks that you like to think are amusing.
Do you cry as much in real life as you do on here?

Ok, touche'...

I have also been a member since '08 - as a matter of fact I have you by one whole month. I also post on other forums and threads - big deal. You are a phony and a hypocritical troll.

"If you can't get someone to see things your way with logic, you resort to personal attacks, hate pejoratives, slurs of all kinds and cruel cutting remarks that you like to think are amusing."

That ironically describes you to a tee. You couldn't get a better description of RedneckHippie if you looking in the mirror.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Great White Snark wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, because all the gun nuts went out and bought arsenals and gobbled up all the ammo "fearing Obammy is takin away their rights" I carry concealed. Way too many people have guns that shouldn't and Im talking about card carrying members of the NRA.
Remind me on Monday to float a couple props your way.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, touche'...
I have also been a member since '08 - as a matter of fact I have you by one whole month. I also post on other forums and threads - big deal. You are a phony and a hypocritical troll.
"If you can't get someone to see things your way with logic, you resort to personal attacks, hate pejoratives, slurs of all kinds and cruel cutting remarks that you like to think are amusing."
That ironically describes you to a tee. You couldn't get a better description of RedneckHippie if you looking in the mirror.
Except, I only resort to those things after I have been attacked in like manner. Until then, I pride myself on being civil. That's not to say that I am perfect, in fact, the last time I tried to walk on water, I d@mn near drowned.

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Great White Snark wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, because all the gun nuts went out and bought arsenals and gobbled up all the ammo "fearing Obammy is takin away their rights" I carry concealed. Way too many people have guns that shouldn't and Im talking about card carrying members of the NRA.
Would those people include the helpless old man, or weak child, or unprotected female. Like I said, they need and deserve an equalizer, just as much as you and I.

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Hoozie wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a phony and a hypocritical troll.
That ironically describes you to a tee. You couldn't get a better description if you were looking in the mirror.
I guess that pretty much says it all.

“"Do what thou will."”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

What a stupid thread.. how many people have guns?? And ur gonna call them all cowards?? Good way to get shot.. and of course we need guns. Bcuz the people who commit crimes aren't going to say "well since they're illegal I better use a golf club instead." They're already breaking the law, their not worried about it.. and if one of them comes in my home, I'm blastin him.. not gonna try n deflect his bullets with my golf club.. I'm at least goin out on my shield in my own home.. this is the world we live in now.. it's not about the guns, it's the mental health aspect that has been ignored and the no background checks at gun shows that needs reform, not the actual weapons possessed by law abiding citizens..

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Great White Snark wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, too many of the wrong people have equalizers now. Man you're a broken record.
Just so I can be sure, you consider old people, defenseless children and small, weak women to be "the wrong people". Just answer the question

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Great White Snark wrote:
<quoted text>Old defenseless teetering seniors and young children shouldn't carry a gun anymore than the nuts that already do. They're not the best candidates. Ever hear of a senior's drivers license being taken away? He's incapable of driving safely. The same applies to his gun. I surely don't want 10 year olds armed either as some on the far right have suggested.
Good lord.
Lots of peoples drivers licenses are taken away. Most of them that are taken have nothing to do with age.
BATFE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Great White Snark wrote:
<quoted text>One time at band camp.....
??????????
^^^ COWARD ^^^

Here's your gun. Please, don't hurt yourself with it. But if you do, oh well. We're currently busy running guns into Mexico, so we'll take your call in the order in which it came.
BATFE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Maybe...
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

BATFE wrote:
Maybe...
and by the time they arrive at the hospital...we now have a pre-existing condition on our hands.

OBAMACARE TO THE RESCUE! LOL LOL LOL

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
Like I said, they need and deserve an equalizer, just as much as you and I.
Yet 800 women are shot to death by their husbands/boyfriends.

So much for that, eh?

San Jose police: Valentine's Day argument led to murder-suicide
By Mark Gomez

SAN JOSE -- A Valentine's Day argument between a 29-year-old man and his 22-year-old ex-girlfriend ended in a murder-suicide Thursday when he fatally shot her and then turned the gun on himself, according to San Jose police.

As of early Friday afternoon, San Jose police had not identified the man or woman. However, police did say the man and woman had been romantically involved before ending the relationship about one month ago, according to Sgt. Jason Dwyer.

The shooting happened inside a bedroom of a Bermuda Avenue home, police said. The man and woman both lived at the home, though in separate rooms, according to police.

Dwyer said the man and woman began a romantic relationship about six months ago.

Police were called to the house at 4:21 p.m. Thursday when a resident when a third person who lives inside the house heard the shots, ran upstairs and found the two bodies.

That person ran across the street and told a neighbor, who called police, Dwyer said.

Dwyer said the man and woman had an argument before the shooting

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

deafbychoice wrote:
They're already breaking the law, their not worried about it.. and if one of them comes in my home, I'm blastin him..
By far: most murders are committed by family or immediate friends.

Most typically: many kills his wife or girlfriend.

Happens on average to three women every day.

Your golf club story: not so much.

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Great White Snark wrote:
<quoted text>Old defenseless teetering seniors and young children shouldn't carry a gun anymore than the nuts that already do. They're not the best candidates. Ever hear of a senior's drivers license being taken away? He's incapable of driving safely. The same applies to his gun. I surely don't want 10 year olds armed either as some on the far right have suggested.
Good lord.
So, in your world, a 12, 13 or 14 year old child with training would not be allowed access to firearms. It's a good thing that the law allows them access, since children of that age have defended themselves and their families successfully.
So, in your world, the useless old folks would just be sent out to pasture and left to die. Some day you will be old, if you are lucky to live so long and then the youth will strip you of your dignity and leave you defenseless. I hope you enjoy it.

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I too can post multiple stories to bolster my argument
There are 154 defensive gun use stories involving women.

On April 29, 2010, two Colorado residents used pistols to deal with an intruder. Avi Manges grabbed her.38-caliber revolver when she heard an intruder.“I hollered,‘Who’s there? I’ve got a gun.’” The intruder fled after seeing her and her pistol. The intruder actually attempted to enter a nearby dwelling, where he was confronted and then detained by another pistol-wielding homeowner.

In February 2010 an Albuquerque New Mexico woman called 911 to report a break-in attempt and while she was on the phone to police, two men forced their way into the house. She shot one of them in the head.

On June 9, 2009, Marty Impastato reacted to a home invasion in Southern Illinois. She confronted an acquaintance who gained entry through an unlocked window and was rifling through the “safe where the family keeps jewelry and prescription drugs.” Impastato shot the intruder.

It is difficult to say whether the relatively sparse population of armed females represents news media selection bias or simply the disparity between women and men on gun ownership. Women represent a more attractive target to male criminals, either because they are on average smaller and weaker or because the criminal is looking for a rape victim.

There are 25 news stories where rapists discovered that the victim was able to fight back. Take the case of a Charlotte, North Carolina, woman who, after being raped, disarmed her attacker and then held him for the police. It was later found that the perpetrator had “an extensive criminal history, dating back 20 years, and many of the offenses involved sexual conduct with children.”

Sometimes a gun prevents a rape from happening again. On October 31, 2008, a Missouri woman shot and killed Ronnie W.Preyer, 47,“a registered sex offender who had broken into her home early one morning with the intention of raping her a second time.”

Shockingly, when it comes to resisting sexual assault, resources are few and effective armed resistance is not considered an option by certain law enforcement agencies. Instead, the Illinois State Police advise victims to claim they have AIDS, forcibly inducing vomiting, or fighting back with nail files or keys. The city of Davis, California, suggests mace or whistles, but also recommends urinating or defecating.

Consequently, females should become a special focus for self-defense advocates, teaching not just the means and methods, but the mindset to resist an assailant. If more rapists expected their would-be targets to resist with force, a reduction in the rate of such crimes would seem inevitable.

HOW ABOUT THE DEFENSELESS CHILDREN:

Another category is minors—those under 18 years of age. There are 21 reports where minors used a gun in self-defense or to defend family members. In November2008 a 16-year-old boy shot his mother’s ex-husband on the front lawn in Kansas City, Missouri. The woman had divorced him two years before because of abuse.“But at 2:30a.m., he suddenly barged into her home. She said he pulled out a knife and dragged her into the front yard, and that was when she said her son grabbed a gun from the house and pulled the trigger, hitting his ex-stepfather in the stomach.”

Some of these incidents are more dramatic, but hopefully less traumatic to the defender. A Baton Rouge, Louisiana, boy who was left home alone with his sister shot an intruder who tried to kick in the door of their apartment. The 10-year-old retrieved his mother’s gun from a closet, and shot Roderick Porter, who was, by then, inside.

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
These stories are not meant to suggest children can or should be armed, but they do show that minors often do possess the mental faculties to identify a threat and when presented the means and ability to neutralize that threat to do so. Along with minors using guns in self-defense, we also tracked defensive gun uses where the criminals were minors. At least 141 instances involved at least one criminal identified as being under 18 years old.

Armed Seniors

One of the points often made in public debates about gun ownership is that even if you are young and strong and are able to protect yourself from an unarmed attacker you may not be able to do so after you pass the age of 65. Consequently, the data set tracks defensive gun uses by the elderly with 201 such incidents. In May 2010 an elderly Pennsylvania couple held a burglar at gunpoint outside their Stroudsburg home. Devin Tyler Ayala, 24, forced entry into the home, which set off a burglar alarm. The 68-year-old wife screamed, and the 74-year-old husband came downstairs with a gun, and was able to hold Ayala for the police.

In March 2010 Stephen Pritchett attacked an 82-year-old woman in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Pritchett approached the woman and said,“This is your day. You are too old to be alive anyway.” He then “grabbed her cane and started beating her.” At that point, she drew a handgun and fired at Pritchett. She did not hit him, but unsurprisingly, the gunshot drew attention to her problem, bringing employees and then police.

Many critics question increasing the availability of firearms for students, citing students’ proclivity towards vice and rebellion once they reach the newfound independence of a college environment. This concern reflects a view that approaches stereotyping and prejudice, casting students as irresponsible by nature. The same charges are often leveled by the same critics opposing the carrying of arms altogether, yet their dire predictions seldom come true. The age requirement for ownership and the concealed carry of handguns remains the same regardless of education, yet in order to monitor their frequency, the authors began tracking the occurrence of legally armed college students engaging in acts of defensive gun use off campus. There were a total of 14 stories.

For example, a September 19, 2005, story from the Macon, Georgia, Telegraph reports how a Mercer University law student shot and killed a man who broke into his home. A student from Orem, Utah, possessed a concealed carry permit and was forced to fire on an attacking pit bull in 2007. The animal survived the shooting and, at the shooter’s behest, the animal was not euthanized. And in August 2008 a student in Hilton Head, South Carolina, displayed a pistol toward off a road rage driver wielding a baseball bat.

http://www.pointblankrange.com/2012/03/who-de...

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Great White Snark wrote:
<quoted text>A 12, 13 or 14 year old hunting alongside his father is acceptable. Access without supervision? Absolutely not. This isn't 1865.
You keep putting words in my mouth and changing up the discussion. Who said seniors were useless? If they're not able to drive due to an inability to make accurate and quick decisions, then the same applies to them handling a gun. It's simple common sense.
WELCOME TO MY WORLD. LOL
So, who would be the arbiter of who is too old to use a weapon and who is too young. I have posted a few stories of children who accessed the family guns and protected the family from predators. Without access, who knows how the situation would have trned out.
Maria

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
By far: most murders are committed by family or immediate friends.
Most typically: many kills his wife or girlfriend.
Happens on average to three women every day.
Your golf club story: not so much.
Is that ribbon around your neck for pedophile of the year buttwipe ?
JustMe

Puyallup, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

How Many People Have Been Killed by Guns Since Newtown?

1851 gun deaths or more since Newtown

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...
Maria

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

How many are attibuted to gangs and career criminals that break the law and get guns unlawfully ?

Any idea how many lives are saved per yr. in the U.S. because of guns ?

Never reported, but it's estimated at roughly 2 1/2 million.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

118 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
First contacts on offbeat (May '12) 6 min Dr_Dirty 756
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min wichita-rick 141,357
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 min HOG_ the Hand of God 112,885
blame it on....??? (Aug '13) 13 min Dr_Dirty 17
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 13 min CJ Rocker 25,611
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 24 min ghost 15,080
What do you admire most about a person? (Dec '12) 29 min _Word_Woman_ 239
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 1 hr Maverick 808 15,622
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 34,966