“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#3514 Feb 15, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck with that one.
May I suggest a course in Political Science? Don't worry though - you'll have plenty of time to complete it since we won't see an honest politician in our lifetime, or the next, as far as that's concerned.
What makes you think that I have not already had courses in political science.
I know it is a pipe dream, but that is what I would like to see nevertheless.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#3516 Feb 15, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think that I have not already had courses in political science.
I know it is a pipe dream, but that is what I would like to see nevertheless.
People have been dreaming of that since Jesus was a fetus. The best you can ever hope for and vote for is the lessor of two evils. Make the most of what you have right now instead of worrying about what you "might" lose.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#3517 Feb 15, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you ASSUME (and you know what happens when you assume), that I am a republican. I would classify the non voting apathetic Americans as members of no party, since they cannot be bothered to vote.
If only three people would've voted Obama would've still won. 126 million voters are still a lot of people.
He-Man

Chicago, IL

#3519 Feb 15, 2013
Agreed. With my trusty sword and the power of Grey Skull, evil will be vanquished.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#3520 Feb 15, 2013
Stuges wrote:
Why can't gun owners step up with their hands and fight like men? Cowards.
....;because,a woman who averages about 110lbs [soaking wet];and,a senior citizen who is frail,don't stand a chance against a male attacker,averaging 250lbs,6'0". Even a chimpanzee can figure this one out!

Level 8

USA

#3521 Feb 15, 2013
Great White Snark wrote:
<quoted text>Once I start seeing respect given to the President from the losing party, then and only then will I believe there is hope. As it is now, the sour grapes syndrome that hovers over the republican party whereby they do everythng possible to make life a living hell, including working up you rabble rousers, things won't get better. What the hell ever happened to professionalism? The pettiness and sniping is just ridiculous. These are our leaders that say these outlandish things?
Yeah, unfortunately, it has been going on since we had our first elections and it has gotten progressively worse with each election.
It's just too bad we can't roust all of them out and start over .

Level 8

USA

#3522 Feb 15, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
People have been dreaming of that since Jesus was a fetus. The best you can ever hope for and vote for is the lessor of two evils. Make the most of what you have right now instead of worrying about what you "might" lose.
Agreed, that is a truly sad commentary on the state of politics in this country. Especially when the lesser of two evils is still incredibly bad.

Level 8

USA

#3523 Feb 15, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
If only three people would've voted Obama would've still won. 126 million voters are still a lot of people.
With only 57%(Bipartisan Research Center and Center for the Study of the American Electorate)of the voting age population voting in the last election, the apathetic ones could have made a major difference.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#3525 Feb 15, 2013
STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>....;because,a woman who averages about 110lbs [soaking wet];and,a senior citizen who is frail,don't stand a chance against a male attacker,averaging 250lbs,6'0". Even a chimpanzee can figure this one out!
What about midgets with guns? I mean, let's say - oh I don't know, 14 circus midgets break into your house with, oh...I don't know - say a 75 mm cannon. They wheel it into your living room and take out your Xbox and Call of Duty 2 cyber-assault rifle with the first shot. Then let's say all you have is a bottle of seltzer and a bike horn to fight back with. What about that? I mean it could happen, right? I bet you wish you still had that Duck Hunting cyber-pistol, huh?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#3526 Feb 15, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
With only 57%(Bipartisan Research Center and Center for the Study of the American Electorate)of the voting age population voting in the last election, the apathetic ones could have made a major difference.
There you go with that "could of" statement again. Come on man, they've been complaining about what could of happened had everyone showed up since Lincoln was president. Quite frankly, I think 43% of the population was just sick and tired of seeing campaign commercials all over the place. I mean, November is football season - f*ck voting.

Level 8

USA

#3527 Feb 15, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go with that "could of" statement again. Come on man, they've been complaining about what could of happened had everyone showed up since Lincoln was president. Quite frankly, I think 43% of the population was just sick and tired of seeing campaign commercials all over the place. I mean, November is football season - f*ck voting.
Well, with that attitude, I say if you don't vote, then you have absolutely no right whatsoever to complain about anything a politician says or does. So, get off your soap box and clam up. accept what comes due to apathy at the polls.

Level 8

USA

#3528 Feb 15, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
What about midgets with guns? I mean, let's say - oh I don't know, 14 circus midgets break into your house with, oh...I don't know - say a 75 mm cannon. They wheel it into your living room and take out your Xbox and Call of Duty 2 cyber-assault rifle with the first shot. Then let's say all you have is a bottle of seltzer and a bike horn to fight back with. What about that? I mean it could happen, right? I bet you wish you still had that Duck Hunting cyber-pistol, huh?
You truly are pathetic and your sarcasm is a waste of time. All men were not created equal, Sam Colt helps to even up the playing field.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#3529 Feb 15, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
You truly are pathetic and your sarcasm is a waste of time. All men were not created equal, Sam Colt helps to even up the playing field.
I was right - not only do you not have a sense of humor, you do squeek when you walk.

You do realize that cyber-guns scare the living crap out of everyone.
Krypteia

Haywards Heath, UK

#3531 Feb 15, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, with that attitude, I say if you don't vote, then you have absolutely no right whatsoever to complain about anything a politician says or does. So, get off your soap box and clam up. accept what comes due to apathy at the polls.
I agree with you to the point where if you don't vote don't bitch but if your lot are like the odious treacherous thieving scum we have in Westminster it puts you off because they're all the same..
Now if someone like Guy Fawkes was alive today...lol

Level 8

USA

#3532 Feb 15, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was right - not only do you not have a sense of humor, you do squeek when you walk.
You do realize that cyber-guns scare the living crap out of everyone.
I have a great sense of humor, but bullying a person for their beliefs is not humorous, only pathetic.

Level 8

USA

#3533 Feb 15, 2013
Great White Snark wrote:
<quoted text>Hence my earlier statement. I buy guns and pack not for fear of the government taking them away but fear for guys like you that think all issues can be taken care of with a slug.
So now you profess to know how i handle every day situations. Yes I own a gun, but no I have never had the need to use it to make a point. Or to protect myself or my loved ones. Although, I would not hesitate to do so,if my loved ones needed my protection.

Level 8

USA

#3534 Feb 15, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you to the point where if you don't vote don't bitch but if your lot are like the odious treacherous thieving scum we have in Westminster it puts you off because they're all the same..
Now if someone like Guy Fawkes was alive today...lol
I would be hard pressed to make a distinction between your scallawags and ours. Methinks they are made from the same mold.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#3535 Feb 15, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a great sense of humor, but bullying a person for their beliefs is not humorous, only pathetic.
This is a public forum - drilled down to a sub-forum called Offbeat. This whole forum has been this way for better than 5 years. If you don't sport thick skin here, you do not belong here. May I suggest "cutting your teeth" and honing your skills in another, subject-specific forum. You take sh*t way too seriously man. Relax your sphincter - you'll end up giving yourself a heart attack.

Level 8

USA

#3537 Feb 15, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a public forum - drilled down to a sub-forum called Offbeat. This whole forum has been this way for better than 5 years. If you don't sport thick skin here, you do not belong here. May I suggest "cutting your teeth" and honing your skills in another, subject-specific forum. You take sh*t way too seriously man. Relax your sphincter - you'll end up giving yourself a heart attack.
I have been here since 08 and I have spent time all over topix, from offbeat to top stories, to Little League and many many more. I have created my own threads dealing with diverse subjects. I have spent time in many virtual bars and on trivial threads.I don't have a problem with the overwhelming majority of posters that I interact with, same goes for the RW. I am very easy going, but do not tolerate bullies and IMHO you are a bully. If you can't get someone to see things your way with logic, you resort to personal attacks, hate pejoratives, slurs of all kinds and cruel cutting remarks that you like to think are amusing. You are immune to error, or so you think, you refuse to admit that you might actually be wrong about some one or something. And you can't abide the thought that someone will stand up to you.

Level 8

USA

#3538 Feb 15, 2013
Great White Snark wrote:
<quoted text>You're the one spouting off about Sam Colt. That sounds like something I heard on a Bonanza episode.
Made in reference to the 80 year old man, or the child, or the 90 pound female who needs an equalizer against the predators of this world. Or is it only okay for manly men like you to possess an equalizer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min Captn Morgan 25,709
Mountain Lion Spotted in Backyard 5 min wichita-rick 8
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 6 min Princess Hey 314
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 7 min Dr Wu 236
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 8 min CJ Rocker 11,621
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min Blitzking 132,662
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 13 min Sarah 7,581
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 14 min wichita-rick 152,494
Is it possible to....... 58 min Dr Wu 576
More from around the web