Help Desk

United States

#3423 Feb 13, 2013
Art Of Posting Well wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Getting a reaction like that speaks for itself.
By definition, posting well does not mean sticking 4x4x8 pieces of pressure treated lumber up your butt, no matter how much you enjoy it. Glad we could help. And no, we don't remove splinters.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3424 Feb 13, 2013
Art Of Posting Well wrote:
<quoted text>You make the word progressive sound like it's a bad thing.
The word was progressives as in progressivism not progressive.

Progressivism in the United States is a broadly based reform movement that reached its height early in the 20th century and is generally considered to be middle class and reformist in nature. It arose as a response to the vast changes brought by modernization, such as the growth of large corporations and railroads, and fears of corruption in American politics. In the 21st century, progressives continue to embrace concepts such as environmentalism and social justice.[1] Social progressivism, the view that governmental practices ought to be adjusted as society evolves, forms the ideological basis for many American progressives.

One historian defined progressivism as the "political movement that addresses ideas, impulses, and issues stemming from modernization of American society. Emerging at the end of the nineteenth century, it established much of the tone of American politics throughout the first half of the century."[2]

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3425 Feb 13, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>The word was progressives as in progressivism not progressive.

Progressivism in the United States is a broadly based reform movement that reached its height early in the 20th century and is generally considered to be middle class and reformist in nature. It arose as a response to the vast changes brought by modernization, such as the growth of large corporations and railroads, and fears of corruption in American politics. In the 21st century, progressives continue to embrace concepts such as environmentalism and social justice.[1] Social progressivism, the view that governmental practices ought to be adjusted as society evolves, forms the ideological basis for many American progressives.

One historian defined progressivism as the "political movement that addresses ideas, impulses, and issues stemming from modernization of American society. Emerging at the end of the nineteenth century, it established much of the tone of American politics throughout the first half of the century."[2]
Sorry, that was from WIKI definitions.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#3426 Feb 13, 2013
back on topic

Armed Citizen in TX Stops Shooting Spree and Saves Cop by Making 50+ Yard Shot With a Pistol

http://gunssavelives.net/self-defense/armed-c... #

This is a pretty amazing story. An armed private citizen assisted a police officer who was pinned down by the gunfire of a madman who had just killed 3 people and could have killed many more. Amazingly the concerned citizen, Vic Stacy, did so by taking a shot of 50+ yards using only a pistol.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#3428 Feb 13, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go putting words in my mouth again. Typical of you and liberal progressives in general. Show where I said anything about speed limits. That's pretty pathetic!
I corrected you on a misstatement about private vs public property. I was and am correct on that point.
You adding to my statement or adding your interpretation to my statement, so you have something to criticize, does not make my original statement wrong.
I would say nice try, but its such a redundant move for you, it's not.
Is it possible to write 100+ words and not say something?

Why, yes - yes it is possible.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3429 Feb 13, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
back on topic

Armed Citizen in TX Stops Shooting Spree and Saves Cop by Making 50+ Yard Shot With a Pistol

http://gunssavelives.net/self-defense/armed-c... #

This is a pretty amazing story. An armed private citizen assisted a police officer who was pinned down by the gunfire of a madman who had just killed 3 people and could have killed many more. Amazingly the concerned citizen, Vic Stacy, did so by taking a shot of 50+ yards using only a pistol.
The liberals will ignore this post like the plague!
Kudos to Vic! We need more people with the "not on my watch" attitude!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3430 Feb 13, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>Is it possible to write 100+ words and not say something?

Why, yes - yes it is possible.
You are correct, you liberals do it all the time! Politicians especially!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#3431 Feb 13, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
back on topic
Armed Citizen in TX Stops Shooting Spree and Saves Cop by Making 50+ Yard Shot With a Pistol
http://gunssavelives.net/self-defense/armed-c... #
This is a pretty amazing story. An armed private citizen assisted a police officer who was pinned down by the gunfire of a madman who had just killed 3 people and could have killed many more. Amazingly the concerned citizen, Vic Stacy, did so by taking a shot of 50+ yards using only a pistol.
That was one remarkable shot - no, really - it was only one remarkable shot.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#3432 Feb 13, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it possible to write 100+ words and not say something?
Why, yes - yes it is possible.
YEAH IT IS, YOU DO IT ALL OVER TOPIX
bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahaha

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#3433 Feb 13, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
The liberals will ignore this post like the plague!
Kudos to Vic! We need more people with the "not on my watch" attitude!
Yeah, don't confuse them with facts, they already have their minds made up.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#3434 Feb 13, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
YEAH IT IS, YOU DO IT ALL OVER TOPIX
bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahaha
Really?

LMFGDAO...says the King of Spin.

Find anymore fences around schools lately?

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3435 Feb 13, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
The word was progressives as in progressivism not progressive.
Progressivism in the United States is a broadly based reform movement that reached its height early in the 20th century and is generally considered to be middle class and reformist in nature. It arose as a response to the vast changes brought by modernization, such as the growth of large corporations and railroads, and fears of corruption in American politics. In the 21st century, progressives continue to embrace concepts such as environmentalism and social justice.[1] Social progressivism, the view that governmental practices ought to be adjusted as society evolves, forms the ideological basis for many American progressives.
One historian defined progressivism as the "political movement that addresses ideas, impulses, and issues stemming from modernization of American society. Emerging at the end of the nineteenth century, it established much of the tone of American politics throughout the first half of the century."[2]
I don't see much progress in Socialism

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#3436 Feb 13, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
LMFGDAO...says the King of Spin.
Find anymore fences around schools lately?
Yeah, I even gave you the links, since we all know you like links sooo much. Of course, since they showed the fences around the entire perimeter of the school, you just ignored it. You found one picture that did not show the fence, but a cursory glance at my link and a virtual walk around the campus showed it to be cropped in such a way as to not show the existing fence. Any more links you want me to provide.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3437 Feb 13, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
The liberals will ignore this post like the plague!
Kudos to Vic! We need more people with the "not on my watch" attitude!
I sure couldn't make that shot with my .380 but I could with my .357 with a 6 inch barrel :)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3438 Feb 13, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, don't confuse them with facts, they already have their minds made up.
Precisely!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3439 Feb 13, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see much progress in Socialism
Ya think? Lol. You would think it would be that easy for everyone to see. Apparently, however, liberal progressives block facts like a goalie blocks a score.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3440 Feb 13, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I sure couldn't make that shot with my .380 but I could with my .357 with a 6 inch barrel :)
Yeah, flatter trajectory is a big help. If one knows the ballistic information for their round of choice, and is a good judge of distance, any caliber is usable.
The concern with the .380 would be energy retention at 50+ yards. The muzzle energy is only 180 - 342 foot pounds depending on bullet weight and powder type and charge.
Surprisingly, the average .380 will be only 1.5" high at 50 yards. It's the lack of energy that would result in precise shot placement being a must.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#3441 Feb 13, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
This research is based upon the most recent available data in 2010.
Stop trying to side-track the subject, RedButt.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#3442 Feb 13, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I even gave you the links, since we all know you like links sooo much. Of course, since they showed the fences around the entire perimeter of the school, you just ignored it. You found one picture that did not show the fence, but a cursory glance at my link and a virtual walk around the campus showed it to be cropped in such a way as to not show the existing fence. Any more links you want me to provide.
Yeah, ALL the pictures were cropped in such a way.

***rolling eyes***

“\\\ Always Thinking ///”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#3443 Feb 13, 2013
Where there's a will there's away:
Make your own 30 round clip.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/02/13/print-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 2 min mr goodwrench 4,541
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Blitzking 143,170
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 6 min SLY WEST 4,423
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 10 min Jennifer Renee 8,927
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 14 min wichita-rick 155,523
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 17 min SLY WEST 4,641
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 18 min Bill 13,742
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 29 min modhippie1 857
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 34 min Shaddup 38,574
Are You a MEAN Person ? 43 min SLY WEST 56
did tally have a stroke 2 hr A noted observer 27
More from around the web