|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe as population grows we must diminish the rights of individuals to accommodate the population?
On the highways, they’re far safer today. You’re much less likely to be involved in a crash today than years ago. You must go with fatalities per million miles travelled and crashes per 100,000 to obtain accurate information comparing the time periods.
Cars are much safer today than before. With or without wearing the belt.
You still discount the right of the individual to make poor choices.
Choosing not to go out for the night and stay in doors and watch a movie is a choice. An excellent example is people want the choice of not having to have health insurance - to me that undermines the very ideals that many complain about in the first place - living without health insurance is what made health care so expensive. Complaining about things you can't do and wouldn't be doing anyways is a mute point.

Nobody's taking away your right to kill yourself or be turned down for medial care because you don't have insurance or smoke yourself silly in your own home. There are necessary evils in this world - there always have been.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe as population grows we must diminish the rights of individuals to accommodate the population?
On the highways, they’re far safer today. You’re much less likely to be involved in a crash today than years ago. You must go with fatalities per million miles travelled and crashes per 100,000 to obtain accurate information comparing the time periods.
Cars are much safer today than before. With or without wearing the belt.
You still discount the right of the individual to make poor choices.
What individuals are we talking about?

It's not about one person - with 330+ million people, it's kinda' hard, IMO, to make everyone happy with everything.

Individuals make poor choices all the time. Up here we've had a recent rash of wrong way drivers - a few have resulted in fatalites. Would you prefer that the "government" not do anything and trust that the individual would remedy the situation? I think I'd rather have a leadership that steps in and makes things just a little safer. I don't want to be taking my grandson home and come across a set of headlights coming at me with nowhere to go.
Morn-n Ol Geezer

Salem, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote: "There are necessary evils in this world - there always have been."
Would you mind namin a few, please

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Morn-n Ol Geezer wrote:
milwaukee69 wrote: "There are necessary evils in this world - there always have been."
Would you mind namin a few, please
The Depends you wear all the time.
Morn-n Ol Geezer

Salem, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

*=* I didn't think you could *=*
Don't be say'n things you can't back-up,
but (then) when did you ever-back-up
something you said?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Morn-n Ol Geezer wrote:
*=* I didn't think you could *=*
Don't be say'n things you can't back-up,
but (then) when did you ever-back-up
something you said?
Don't cry about getting your ass handed to you - you'll start gaining yourself a reputation as a whiner.
talk freely and frankly

Salem, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

That works 2 ways wrote:
http://www.ratemymotivational. com/motivationals/13775-PREPAR E-To_have_your_ass_handed_to_y ou.jpg
Mov'n on up ^^^^^^^^^^6

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

BACK ON TOPIC

http://jim.com/cowards.htm

EXCERPT FROM THE LINK

Nearly all of the gun control measures offered by Handgun Control, Inc.(HCI) and its ilk embody the same philosophy. They are founded on the belief that America's law-abiding gun owners are the source of the problem. With their unholy desire for firearms, they are creating a society awash in a sea of guns, thereby helping good boys go bad, and helping bad boys be badder. This laying of moral blame for violent crime at the feet of the law-abiding, and the implicit absolution of violent criminals for their misdeeds, naturally infuriates honest gun owners.

The files of HCI and other gun control organizations are filled with proposals to limit the availability of semiautomatic and other firearms to law-abiding citizens, and barren of proposals for apprehending and punishing violent criminals. It is ludicrous to expect that the proposals of HCI, or any gun control laws, will significantly curb crime. According to Department of Justice and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) statistics, fully 90 percent of violent crimes are committed without a handgun, and 93 percent of the guns obtained by violent criminals are not obtained through the lawful purchase and sale transactions that are the object of most gun control legislation. Furthermore, the number of violent criminals is minute in comparison to the number of firearms in America — estimated by the ATF at about 200 million, approximately one-third of which are handguns. With so abundant a supply, there will always be enough guns available for those who wish to use them for nefarious ends, no matter how complete the legal prohibitions against them, or how draconian the punishment for their acquisition or use. No, the gun control proposals of HCI and other organizations are not seriously intended as crime control. Something else is at work here.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>It's unfortunate that you live in the wrong country - I hear Afghanastan allows smoking in all public places. You should give it try. But of course second hand smoke wouldn't be the only thing you and your camel would have to worry about.
You wanted my definition of detraction? Your post here is the poster child example for it.

Your ass must be getting pretty red by now. It's been spanked enough over the past two days to warrant abuse charges.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>As a matter of fact I do - you're an idiot.
More deflection and detraction in the form of insults. What a surprise. Lmao. And the reddening continues.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>But see the same people that complain the government shouldn't get involved with personal choices are the same individuals that complain about the high cost of health care and automobile insurance. You can't have it both ways. When you are in your car and driving down the highway, you are not on private property - you are on a federal highway.

Lastly - it's not the government that sets up smoking bans - it's the voters - you, me, everyone.
I beg to differ. If one is in their vehicle on a public highway, they are in their private property. If one is walking on a public highway, they are not on private property.

People complaining about prices is not a welcome mat for government to violate rights and take freedoms.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>Choosing not to go out for the night and stay in doors and watch a movie is a choice. An excellent example is people want the choice of not having to have health insurance - to me that undermines the very ideals that many complain about in the first place - living without health insurance is what made health care so expensive. Complaining about things you can't do and wouldn't be doing anyways is a mute point.

Nobody's taking away your right to kill yourself or be turned down for medial care because you don't have insurance or smoke yourself silly in your own home. There are necessary evils in this world - there always have been.
No. Living without health insurance is NOT what made health insurance so expensive!
The government telling healthcare providers that they can not turn anyone away regardless of not having insurance is what made health insurance so expensive.
Doctors have to raise prices to cover the forced freebies. The insurance companies are the ones covering those higher prices. The insurance companies then have to raise premiums.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg to differ. If one is in their vehicle on a public highway, they are in their private property. If one is walking on a public highway, they are not on private property.
People complaining about prices is not a welcome mat for government to violate rights and take freedoms.
You can beg all you want, but you're still wrong as always.

So by your definition, you can go as fast as you want as long as you're in your property, right?

I was correct - you are an idiot.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Back to the topic at hand once again.

http://justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

EXCERPT FROM THE LINK

Introductory Notes
This research is based upon the most recent available data in 2010. Facts from earlier years are cited based upon availability and relevance, not to slant results by singling out specific years that are different from others. Likewise, data associated with the effects of gun control laws in various geographical areas represent random, demographically diverse places in which such data is available.

Many aspects of the gun control issue are best measured and sometimes can only be measured through surveys,[1] but the accuracy of such surveys depends upon respondents providing truthful answers to questions that are sometimes controversial and potentially incriminating.[2] Thus, Just Facts uses such data critically, citing the best-designed surveys we find, detailing their inner workings in our footnotes, and using the most cautious plausible interpretations of the results.

Particularly, when statistics are involved, the determination of what constitutes a credible fact (and what does not) can contain elements of personal subjectivity. It is our mission to minimize subjective information and to provide highly factual content. Therefore, we are taking the additional step of providing readers with four examples to illustrate the type of material that was excluded because it did not meet Just Facts' Standards of Credibility.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Living without health insurance is NOT what made health insurance so expensive!
The government telling healthcare providers that they can not turn anyone away regardless of not having insurance is what made health insurance so expensive.
Doctors have to raise prices to cover the forced freebies. The insurance companies are the ones covering those higher prices. The insurance companies then have to raise premiums.
Actually you just proved my point.

Hospitals typically run in the red. If it weren't for the private donations from people they would never break even at the end of the year. Hospitals can't and haven't turned anyone away - it's always been like that - well before Obamacare ever came into being. The price of hospitalization and health care has increased exponentially every year because of people not carrying even the basic of health insurance. The percentage of people (re: before Obamacare) that walked into hospitals with insurance was relatively low.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>What individuals are we talking about?

It's not about one person - with 330+ million people, it's kinda' hard, IMO, to make everyone happy with everything.

Individuals make poor choices all the time. Up here we've had a recent rash of wrong way drivers - a few have resulted in fatalites. Would you prefer that the "government" not do anything and trust that the individual would remedy the situation? I think I'd rather have a leadership that steps in and makes things just a little safer. I don't want to be taking my grandson home and come across a set of headlights coming at me with nowhere to go.
Individuals have the right to make poor choices. They have the right to suffer the consequences of those poor choices. The other 330+ million individuals have the right to not suffer consequences secondary to government taking control and telling individuals government makes better decisions for you.
Marco

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Individuals have the right to make poor choices. They have the right to suffer the consequences of those poor choices. The other 330+ million individuals have the right to not suffer consequences secondary to government taking control and telling individuals government makes better decisions for you.
You have the right to a cool bottle of Poland Springs. After that, not so much.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>You can beg all you want, but you're still wrong as always.

So by your definition, you can go as fast as you want as long as you're in your property, right?

I was correct - you are an idiot.
There you go putting words in my mouth again. Typical of you and liberal progressives in general. Show where I said anything about speed limits. That's pretty pathetic!
I corrected you on a misstatement about private vs public property. I was and am correct on that point.
You adding to my statement or adding your interpretation to my statement, so you have something to criticize, does not make my original statement wrong.

I would say nice try, but its such a redundant move for you, it's not.
Mikhail Gorbachev

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Art Of Posting Well wrote:
<quoted text>You make the word progressive sound like it's a bad thing.
It IS a bad thing, you dumb bolshevik sonofabitch!

So, when are you going to start "posting well"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually you just proved my point.

Hospitals typically run in the red. If it weren't for the private donations from people they would never break even at the end of the year. Hospitals can't and haven't turned anyone away - it's always been like that - well before Obamacare ever came into being. The price of hospitalization and health care has increased exponentially every year because of people not carrying even the basic of health insurance. The percentage of people (re: before Obamacare) that walked into hospitals with insurance was relatively low.
There you go again! You are too funny!
You say I'm an idiot, then turn around and say I'm making your point for you, then as usual, put words in my mouth.

It's very convenient for you to skip ahead to hospitals operating in the red without addressing how and why they operate in the red.
Please show where I said anything about Obsmacare being responsible for healthcare providers not being able to turn those who can't pay away! You put those words in my mouth! I said the government is responsible. I didn't say Obama, I didn't say Obamacare, I didn't say when. I simply said government was the reason.

Healthcare costs have increased every year because the population has increased every year. Healthcare costs have increased because the number of people on government handout programs have increased every year. Healthcare costs have increased every year because the number of illegal immigrants have increased every year.
I'm glad that was your point. Lmao. That's a whole new shade of crimson there!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,241 - 3,260 of7,307
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••