Only cowards need guns

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3360 Feb 11, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
the point is, if one wants to commit suicide, they are going to do it.
Stupid idiotic nonsense.

Having a gun makes suicide immediate and available, particularly to those cowards who want to take out their families at the same time.

Level 5

Location hidden

#3361 Feb 11, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, Obama voters.
Oh, poor Dumbo and his aliases:

Obama = 332
Teabaggers = losers.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Level 4

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3362 Feb 12, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're turning into Brian.
What's the difference of endangering someone on the open road via drunk driving or exposing them to second hand smoke? Either way the victim will die.
I actually love the warmth of a government that takes responsibility for the idiots that don't have any sense of responsibility.
The difference is on the road the victim of DUI is random and doesnít have a choice. If someone *chooses* to eat at a restaurant which allows smoking theyíve done so voluntarily. You want to control what others do on private property.

A victim will die? Donít you mean a victim may acquire cancer? My parents smoked heavily. My health is good as is the health of my five brothers and sisters. Using your view, we all should be dead by now.

Your comment you love the government takes responsibility for idiots that donít take responsibility is revealing and why I brought burgers into the debate. Many people donít take responsibility for the food they eat. Should the government regulate the food they may serve at home to make them responsible?

Once again, the government has no place regulating a perfectly legal act on private property.

Hereís one to consider, how do you justify seatbelt laws?

You just love having the government make decisions for you.

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Hoosilly

#3363 Feb 12, 2013
YEW! "U" Ol'geezer!
ROTFLMAO X 2!

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3365 Feb 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid idiotic nonsense.
Having a gun makes suicide immediate and available, particularly to those cowards who want to take out their families at the same time.
I can think of many ways suicide is immediate and available without firearms.

Look at suicide rates. The top rate in the world belongs to South Korea with 31 per 100,000. Japan is generally used to illustrate high suicide rate at 22 per 100,000. The US has a suicide rate of less than half that of Japan.

Both Japan and South Korea have very low gun ownership rates due to strict gun control laws.

Most common methods of suicide in South Korea is poisoning and hanging. Japan common methods include jumping in front of trains, hanging and overdosing on medication.

You may find this interesting
As a result, many are imitating the tactics of Japan's railway operators, who charge the families of people who jump in front of a train around Y6 million (£46,114) for interrupting services Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asi...

How suicide committed is limited only by what is available. Take away guns and there are so many methods available.

The reasons for suicide are many. Cowardice wouldnít be an accurate descriptor. Severe depression or despair would be the most common reasons.

Your opinion is wrong. You take the position it takes firearms to make suicide available.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#3366 Feb 12, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is on the road the victim of DUI is random and doesnít have a choice. If someone *chooses* to eat at a restaurant which allows smoking theyíve done so voluntarily. You want to control what others do on private property.
A victim will die? Donít you mean a victim may acquire cancer? My parents smoked heavily. My health is good as is the health of my five brothers and sisters. Using your view, we all should be dead by now.
Your comment you love the government takes responsibility for idiots that donít take responsibility is revealing and why I brought burgers into the debate. Many people donít take responsibility for the food they eat. Should the government regulate the food they may serve at home to make them responsible?
Once again, the government has no place regulating a perfectly legal act on private property.
You just love having the government make decisions for you.
Actually, seat nbelts have been proven to save lives, not take them. Making them mandatory on all cars is what has helped reduce deaths year after year. They've made serious crashes more survivable. You need to stop asking baited questions to which you already know the correct answer to. Enforcing seat belt laws is a quandry - one on which I'm on the fence on. It's just like health care insurance. People want the option to choose not to have health insurance - which is highly irresponsible, IMHO. People that don't have health insurance is a big part of why we're paying so much in health care costs now. The same goes for the decision not to wear seat belts - it helps to drive the cost of auto insurance up. It's truly amazing to think that half the population of this country has a "ya'll watch this" mentality.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#3367 Feb 12, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Deflecting once again I see. What's your point?
Imagine if the security checkpoint had not been there.
Are you implying that police are not allowed to carry firearms in a gun free zone? They are. Like gun advocates have been saying all along, we can't rely exclusively on police protection to defend our lives. The two dead women can attest to that. What would have happened if it were not a gun free zone?
So now your definition of "deflecting" is stating and proving facts?

LMFGDAO!!!

The only thing I'm "implying" is that you're an idiot.

If it had not been a gun free zone with no security, the outcome would've been much worse. The shooter tried to shoot into the security glass. If it had not been there there would've been more casualties.

And it was your clueless NRA leader that suggested "armed police" at each and every school in America after Sandy Hook. So obviously he thinks that police protection is value-added.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Level 2

Location hidden

#3368 Feb 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, poor Dumbo and his aliases:
Obama = 332
Teabaggers = losers.
BIDEN: We're counting on 'legitimate media' for gun control effort...Code: MSM and MEDIA MATTERS
Force Majeure

Sweden

#3369 Feb 12, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Is everyone that dislikes Obama racist?
"Everyone" is you? You are a victim of misunderstanding your own words.

Level 5

Location hidden

#3370 Feb 12, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
Dead children thrown through the front windshield of a car.

au contraire

Level 2

Location hidden

#3371 Feb 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my, another moronic statement......we have to have a law to keep them from going through the windshield.........if they make it out of the womb alive due to abortions. You maggots are a hoot.

Level 5

Location hidden

#3372 Feb 12, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>BIDEN: We're counting on 'legitimate media' for gun control effort.
Americans support.

Obama = won
Teabaggers = losers

Level 5

Location hidden

#3373 Feb 12, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
The top rate in the world belongs to South Korea with 31 per 100,000. Japan is generally used to illustrate high suicide rate at 22 per 100,000. The US has a suicide rate of less than half that of Japan.
apples oranges.

firearms = suicides where there would otherwise be none.

Clean the brains off the wall of a friend and get back to me.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3374 Feb 12, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>So now your definition of "deflecting" is stating and proving facts?

LMFGDAO!!!

The only thing I'm "implying" is that you're an idiot.

If it had not been a gun free zone with no security, the outcome would've been much worse. The shooter tried to shoot into the security glass. If it had not been there there would've been more casualties.

And it was your clueless NRA leader that suggested "armed police" at each and every school in America after Sandy Hook. So obviously he thinks that police protection is value-added.
When those facts have absolutely nothing to do with the statement you are debating, yes!
Does the fact the shooter didn't get past the security checkpoint change the fact that a courtroom is a gun free zone? Does it change that two women still lost their lives?
Did I not say,"imagine if the security checkpoint was not there?
You speak of things you do not know and call me the idiot! Lmao. Prove that it would have been worse if it was not a gun free zone! Would he have had the opportunity to shoot through the security glass if there were CCP holders in the room with him? You can't say yes with certainty.
Again, despite repeatedly saying I have no affiliation with the NRA, including membership, you insist on claiming I do. As I pointed out before, just because repeating debunked lies over and over worked for Obama in debate, doesn't mean it's going to work for you here. My solution has always been to allow concealed carry by teachers and school officials if they choose to. Your response was that unions wouldn't allow it. Is all this coming back to you?
There's several states allowing concealed carry by teachers now, by the way.

au contraire

Level 2

Location hidden

#3375 Feb 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans support.
Obama = won
Teabaggers = losers
2008, Obama promised North Korea would not have nuclear program.

N. KOREA NUKE TEST: Country Closer to Missile Capability, Experts Say

UN Council Pledges Further Action Obama Calls Test 'Highly Provocative'......course he said the same about Larry Sinclair.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#3376 Feb 12, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
When those facts have absolutely nothing to do with the statement you are debating, yes!
Does the fact the shooter didn't get past the security checkpoint change the fact that a courtroom is a gun free zone? Does it change that two women still lost their lives?
Did I not say,"imagine if the security checkpoint was not there?
You speak of things you do not know and call me the idiot! Lmao. Prove that it would have been worse if it was not a gun free zone! Would he have had the opportunity to shoot through the security glass if there were CCP holders in the room with him? You can't say yes with certainty.
Again, despite repeatedly saying I have no affiliation with the NRA, including membership, you insist on claiming I do. As I pointed out before, just because repeating debunked lies over and over worked for Obama in debate, doesn't mean it's going to work for you here. My solution has always been to allow concealed carry by teachers and school officials if they choose to. Your response was that unions wouldn't allow it. Is all this coming back to you?
There's several states allowing concealed carry by teachers now, by the way.
There's 2 minutes of my life I'll never get back again.

You never did read the whole story of the shooting, did you? Had the partition and the security line not been there, more people would have been shot. The two women he did shoot and kill were shot outside the gun free zone of the courthouse.

Most teachers are in a union nowadays - in order to arm them it must pass the rank and file first. Regardless of whether or not they are given the go ahead to carry firearms, it would have to be ratified first.

You have not proven it would've been any better had it not been a gun free zone. The guy killed his ex-wife as a result of a bitter custody battle - the gun free zone never played a part in this shooting.

http://news.yahoo.com/del-police-continue-pro...
Force Majeure

Sweden

#3377 Feb 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Also adults in the back seat breaking the drivers neck in a panic stop.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans support.
Obama = won
Teabaggers = losers
Sounds like an improvement to me. At least America's got a chance.
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>2008, Obama promised North Korea would not have nuclear program.
Bush promised that Irak had thousands of WMD's. So far Obama's inaccuracy hasn't cost a single life. How many have died "SO FAR" because of Bush's invasion and occupation of Irak?
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's 2 minutes of my life I'll never get back again.
HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3378 Feb 12, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, seat nbelts have been proven to save lives, not take them. Making them mandatory on all cars is what has helped reduce deaths year after year. They've made serious crashes more survivable. You need to stop asking baited questions to which you already know the correct answer to. Enforcing seat belt laws is a quandry - one on which I'm on the fence on. It's just like health care insurance. People want the option to choose not to have health insurance - which is highly irresponsible, IMHO. People that don't have health insurance is a big part of why we're paying so much in health care costs now. The same goes for the decision not to wear seat belts - it helps to drive the cost of auto insurance up. It's truly amazing to think that half the population of this country has a "ya'll watch this" mentality.
I didnít say they took lives, now did I? The point is, does the government have the right to require you to use them? Itís your life, your decision.

This is your difficulty. You view result as justification to government intrusion rather than leave the consequences of bad decision to the people. In the case of seatbelts youíre not completely sure where that should be.

I ask the baited questions to force you to carefully reconsider the positions youíve taken on government intrusion.

Now apply this to the smoking in a restaurant on private property. If the owner wants to be inviting to smokers and non-smokers he/she will have to make accommodations for both. If the owner chooses to shun the non-smokers by allowing smoking through the entire establishment that too should be his/her decision.

At the same time, if the restaurant is leasing the building then the owner of the building should be able to deny smoking on his property. Itís not the role of government to control a legal action on private property.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3379 Feb 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
How often does that happen? I remember when most cars didnít have seatbelts. We didnít have dead children lying all over the place.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3380 Feb 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
apples oranges.
firearms = suicides where there would otherwise be none.
Clean the brains off the wall of a friend and get back to me.
I didnít think it were possible to be as ignorant as you. Iíve clearly shown substantially higher suicide rates in nations with nearly no firearms in the hands of civilians.

Despite that you firmly believe if we donít have firearms we wouldnít have the suicides we have today. How do you manage that conclusion? Someone intent on ending their life will find a way with or without firearms.

Do you ever get out of your trailer to explore the world first hand or do you simply watch it on television. You surely have no real life experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 13 min Zom13 5,880
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 13 min UnderstandPeople 6,671
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 23 min Subduction Zone 187,573
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 44 min SLY WEST 181,746
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 47 min UnderstandPeople 31,306
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Grace fallen 54,282
**** Anything Blue **** 1 hr Denny 435
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 1 hr Mega Monster 2,097
7 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter 6 hr andet1987 734
More from around the web