3,181 - 3,200 of 7,306 Comments Last updated Feb 25, 2014

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#3338 Feb 11, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
All government buildings are gun free zones. That's how!
You are just on fire today aren't you?
Lmao! Again!
Dr. Clueless:

The shooter never made it past the security checkpoint.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/three-peopl...

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Level 4

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3339 Feb 11, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, it was an analogy.

I don't know you and even if I did, I now know more than I care to about you.

Your concerns about government control are ancient. Smoking was banned at the local level years ago in many US cities, towns and counties.

Do you know why smoking was banned in public places? The answer may surprise you.
Do you consider the interior of a restaurant on private property to be public?

It doesn't matter when a government oversteps bounds. Yesterday, today or tomorrow.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#3341 Feb 11, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you consider the interior of a restaurant on private property to be public?
It doesn't matter when a government oversteps bounds. Yesterday, today or tomorrow.
Actually, smoking was banned in any public buildings that anyone under the age of 18 had access to. Bars and clubs followed suit.

The only exception to the law is private clubs that have exclusive memberships. The local VAW Post is a good example - although they may choose to adopt a non-smoking rule regardless of the law, since it is a private club.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3342 Feb 11, 2013
Great White Snark wrote:
<quoted text>Smoking was banned in bars during the Bush era. Whats your point?
Does it matter when?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#3343 Feb 11, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it matter when?
His/her point was - government played little if any part in banning smoking. Voters chose to ratify non-smoking regulations on a ballot. The most recent smoking ban, as of 2012, is North Dakota's statewide smoking ban, which was ratified by voters on November 6, 2012.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3344 Feb 11, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>His/her point was - government played little if any part in banning smoking. Voters chose to ratify non-smoking regulations on a ballot. The most recent smoking ban, as of 2012, is North Dakota's statewide smoking ban, which was ratified by voters on November 6, 2012.
So you choose to use a single state rather than address the issue. But while we're on that. If I own a building containing a restaurant do voters have the authority to ban smoking on my private property. Just because you like an outcome doesn't mean it's just

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3345 Feb 11, 2013
Shakalaka wrote:
<quoted text>
No for phone sex... you want the number?
Not hardly pookie, maybe you should call the STD hot line.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#3346 Feb 11, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
So you choose to use a single state rather than address the issue. But while we're on that. If I own a building containing a restaurant do voters have the authority to ban smoking on my private property. Just because you like an outcome doesn't mean it's just
So it isn't government afterall, huh? Now you're anti-voter? I've got news for you - voters do determine what you can and can't do - well normally. And as such, it pretty much proves my point.

Actually, you have to go back a little earlier than than a smoking ban - voters probably voted to allow a business district in their town. And if you do not cater to the majority - your customer base - you won't be in business for that long anyways. I know plenty of business owners - and the ones that have done quite well generally cater to their majority customers. In a bar, 10-15 pissed off smokers aren't going to make or break your bottom line - but 300-400 non-smokers will.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#3347 Feb 11, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't matter when a government oversteps bounds. Yesterday, today or tomorrow.
Although Congress has not attempted to enact a general nationwide federal smoking ban in workplaces, several federal regulations do concern indoor smoking. Effective April 1998, smoking is banned by the United States Department of Transportation on all commercial passenger flights in the United States, and/or by American air carriers. This was long after Delta Air Lines had banned smoking on all of its flights. On August 9, 1997, President Bill Clinton issued Executive Order 13058, banning smoking in all interior spaces owned, rented, or leased by the Executive Branch of the Federal Government, as well as in any outdoor areas under executive branch control near air intake ducts.

You're private business is covered by the town or city in which you choose to do business. Local anti-smoking bans are normally voted for and ratified by the voters - not federal government.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#3348 Feb 11, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
To place all the blame on bush for the economic problem indicates lack of understanding.
And what sort of understanding is it to blame it all on Obama? Obama's only been in office for 4 years - Bush was in for 8. Bush was in office "before" Obama, hence Bush's shit DOES affect today (Obama's term) but Obama cannot be any blame on Bush's situation.
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>Where have I claimed any of your remaining bullshit?
I replied directly to this post ...
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone dislikes Obama they must be racist?
Are these not your words?

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3349 Feb 11, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>So it isn't government afterall, huh? Now you're anti-voter? I've got news for you - voters do determine what you can and can't do - well normally. And as such, it pretty much proves my point.

Actually, you have to go back a little earlier than than a smoking ban - voters probably voted to allow a business district in their town. And if you do not cater to the majority - your customer base - you won't be in business for that long anyways. I know plenty of business owners - and the ones that have done quite well generally cater to their majority customers. In a bar, 10-15 pissed off smokers aren't going to make or break your bottom line - but 300-400 non-smokers will.
I addressed your example. If the voters voted not to allow the eating of burgers in your home would that suit you?

Smoking is legal. If a business wants to allow that legal act on there private property then it's not up for voters to decide that

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3350 Feb 11, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>And what sort of understanding is it to blame it all on Obama? Obama's only been in office for 4 years - Bush was in for 8. Bush was in office "before" Obama, hence Bush's shit DOES affect today (Obama's term) but Obama cannot be any blame on Bush's situation.

eternal cynic wrote, "<quoted text>Where have I claimed any of your remaining bullshit?"

eternal cynic wrote, "<quoted text>
"

What does one have to do with the other. I did not blame Obama for smoking regulations.

Is everyone that dislikes Obama racist?

Fool

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3351 Feb 11, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>And what sort of understanding is it to blame it all on Obama? Obama's only been in office for 4 years - Bush was in for 8. Bush was in office "before" Obama, hence Bush's shit DOES affect today (Obama's term) but Obama cannot be any blame on Bush's situation.

eternal cynic wrote, "<quoted text>Where have I claimed any of your remaining bullshit?"

"

On the economy. If you only blame bush it means you don't understand. A lot of people are responsible. Obama hasn't done a good job handling the situation. How long is long enough not to. Lame the previous administration

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3352 Feb 11, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:

"

Sorry for the typos today posting from my iPhone

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#3353 Feb 11, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
I addressed your example. If the voters voted not to allow the eating of burgers in your home would that suit you?
Smoking is legal. If a business wants to allow that legal act on there private property then it's not up for voters to decide that
Dude, you're like chasing a herd of cats!!!

Now it's eating burgers in your own house? Wtf?

So is driving - although you can't do it drunk. I've got news for you - the voters in Coweta county voted to turn it into a "dry county" years ago. The majority was SB and they brow beat the local voters into passing it. It wasn't until just a few years ago that Coweta County actually passed a law to lift the Sunday ban on alcohol.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#3354 Feb 11, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, you're like chasing a herd of cats!!!

Now it's eating burgers in your own house? Wtf?

So is driving - although you can't do it drunk. I've got news for you - the voters in Coweta county voted to turn it into a "dry county" years ago. The majority was SB and they brow beat the local voters into passing it. It wasn't until just a few years ago that Coweta County actually passed a law to lift the Sunday ban on alcohol.
If I own a building containing a restaurant what gives the government the authority to ban smoking? If you outlaw cigarettes then its s different debate

I know about dry counties. Again it's government interference with a legal activity

Then you compare to drink driving. In that case you're endangering people on public roads. Do you believe the government has the authority to ban drink driving on a private road?

You love the warmth of protection you believe the government gives you

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3355 Feb 11, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>Dr. Clueless:

The shooter never made it past the security checkpoint.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/three-peopl...
Deflecting once again I see. What's your point?
Imagine if the security checkpoint had not been there.

Are you implying that police are not allowed to carry firearms in a gun free zone? They are. Like gun advocates have been saying all along, we can't rely exclusively on police protection to defend our lives. The two dead women can attest to that. What would have happened if it were not a gun free zone?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#3356 Feb 11, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
If I own a building containing a restaurant what gives the government the authority to ban smoking? If you outlaw cigarettes then its s different debate
I know about dry counties. Again it's government interference with a legal activity
Then you compare to drink driving. In that case you're endangering people on public roads. Do you believe the government has the authority to ban drink driving on a private road?
You love the warmth of protection you believe the government gives you
You're turning into Brian.

What's the difference of endangering someone on the open road via drunk driving or exposing them to second hand smoke? Either way the victim will die.

I actually love the warmth of a government that takes responsibility for the idiots that don't have any sense of responsibility.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3357 Feb 11, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:

"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Obama claimed going into his first term, he would turn it around in one term. Obama claimed he would be a one term president for that reason. What Bush did, had already been done. Obama knew exactly what he was inheriting. Obama's solution? Spend more than Bush, then blame Bush.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3358 Feb 11, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're turning into Brian.
What's the difference of endangering someone on the open road via drunk driving or exposing them to second hand smoke? Either way the victim will die.
I actually love the warmth of a government that takes responsibility for the idiots that don't have any sense of responsibility.
Oh, Obama voters.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Something Different 4 min Grace Nerissa 128
*=* Hoosier Hillbilly *=* 30 min Hoosier Hillbilly 42
Big dawg 41 min Big dawg 413
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 49 min the wandering girl 145,323
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 57 min the wandering girl 6,535
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 59 min the wandering girl 5,896
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 1 hr the wandering girl 17,570
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 hr Sublime1 18,605
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 6 hr Princess Hey 28,512
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 6 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,981
Fergson Police Dept. 8 hr Parden Pard 358
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••