Only cowards need guns

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2927 Feb 5, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>But that's not what your fearless leader of the NRA suggested - they want armed, trained police guarding each and every school in America. Or did you forget about that?

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-12-21...
Again, you try to force some form of affiliation between me and the NRA. You repeating that lie, isn't going to make it fact. As I've already told you, I am not a NRA member.

Just because the same method worked for Obama in the presidential debates, doesn't mean it will work for you here.

Location hidden

#2928 Feb 5, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Just remove the gun free zone. Churches were gun free zones in Texas until they had a mass shooting at a church. Now no ones knows if someone with a CCL is armed in church. My bet is they are. The result was no more mass shootings
Precisely.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#2929 Feb 5, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Again. Show where anyone has said Obama is banning all guns? It's been pointed out repeatedly that nobody is saying that. Yet you continue to spread that lie.
The point being made is that limiting or undermining is infringing.
I'm not - that was my point.

All the pro-gunners saying, "You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hands."

The NRA has blossomed it into an anti-gun war. Fat chance anything will get through Congress, let alone a simple change to background checks.

See the way propaganda gets out of hand?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#2930 Feb 5, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you try to force some form of affiliation between me and the NRA. You repeating that lie, isn't going to make it fact. As I've already told you, I am not a NRA member.
Just because the same method worked for Obama in the presidential debates, doesn't mean it will work for you here.
Dude - don't get all misty-eyed with me. You side with them, take it like the man you lead everyone on here to believe you are. I could really care less if you are or you aren't a NRA member - the bottom line is, the pro-gun lobby said that's what they want, not me.

Location hidden

#2931 Feb 5, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>It won't cost a dime, huh? Who's going to teach them to shoot? Whos going to teach Mrs. Radcliff, age 61, an English teacher for 35 years to suddenly strap on a Glock and be prepared to shoot the lights out of a AR-15-weilding intruder (without shooting any students in the process) like John Wayne?

I gaurantee you that the teacher's unions around America aren't simply going to automatically vote in CAC for their rank and file just because the NRA says its a great idea. Heck, they are already giving up their pentions up here - no you want them to be security too?

LMFGDAO...get a clue, dude.
Lmao! What a stretch. That would be on the teacher's dime if it cost anything at all. I'm willing to bet instructors would line up to give free instruction to teachers that want to learn gun safety and operation.
The CCL would be at the teacher's expense, but I bet they will still line up to get the permit.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#2932 Feb 5, 2013
mil69....

note she only posted a particle ...

Department of Veterans Affairs. By far the most extensive study of veteran suicides ever conducted, the report, issued Friday, examined suicide data from 1999 to 2010.

But note: that comparison was based on the prior suicide data, so today’s comparison would be even more extreme. Here’s hoping the new campaign of public awareness and new efforts to investigate veteran suicide will result in greater access to mental health services for all veterans.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#2933 Feb 5, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao! What a stretch. That would be on the teacher's dime if it cost anything at all. I'm willing to bet instructors would line up to give free instruction to teachers that want to learn gun safety and operation.
The CCL would be at the teacher's expense, but I bet they will still line up to get the permit.
Actually, you need to get more than just your standard education on the educator. Most, if not all, teachers nowadays are union. That kind of program would need to pass the rank and file. It's hard enough to find qualified teachers nowadays, let alone teachers that are willing to also carry a firearm in class.

Bottom line is that's a bet you would lose.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2934 Feb 5, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
It really is sad when you think about all the asshats that dodged the draft back in the 60's like your disillusioned leader of the NRA. It's also really sad that you weren't there to shine my boots after arming round-the-clock sorties back in '69. To use the Constitution and flaunt them as your rights without taking responsibility for those rights is so Taliban of you.
And to think I defended the rights and freedoms of turds such as yourself is a shame - a damn shame.
I strongly suggest that if what you post is true, you forgot your military oath, just as Obama to uphold the constitution of the united states. So were you a fraud then or a fraud now?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#2935 Feb 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>I strongly suggest that if what you post is true, you forgot your military oath, just as Obama to uphold the constitution of the united states. So were you a fraud then or a fraud now?
I forgot nothing - my military oath to service ceased the day I was honorably discharged after two tours.

I,(NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

It says defend, not uphold - seems to me you're the one that needs a refresher course.

au contraire

Level 2

Location hidden

#2936 Feb 5, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not - that was my point.
All the pro-gunners saying, "You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hands."
The NRA has blossomed it into an anti-gun war. Fat chance anything will get through Congress, let alone a simple change to background checks.
See the way propaganda gets out of hand?
Enlisted Oath: I,___, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the president of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#2937 Feb 5, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
In Texas we now have 4 school districts where teachers with CCL can carry and most ranges are giving free or reduced price CCL training for teachers

“Cat got your tongue?”

Level 7

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2938 Feb 5, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Nance...I corrected myself in another thread. USA Today reported 8 per day on Friday - I Googled the story today and saw 22.
That is a shame.
Cool... it's such an important issue I wanted to be sure the correct info was posted. Oh.. it is such a shame. For everyone of those suicides there are at least 25 other people directly effected. I've seen the figure of 18 a day. Maybe USA Today committed a typo. Glad you caught it.

Regards, N

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#2939 Feb 5, 2013
to defend is to uphold ...
I upheld my honor
I defend my honor

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#2940 Feb 5, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>In Texas we now have 4 school districts where teachers with CCL can carry and most ranges are giving free or reduced price CCL training for teachers
but it isn't for school defense but the purpose the right to carry for that purpose , don't cloud the issues

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#2941 Feb 5, 2013
re-tract that one horse town can for school defense .. nearest police is 30 miles away

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#2942 Feb 5, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>In Texas we now have 4 school districts where teachers with CCL can carry and most ranges are giving free or reduced price CCL training for teachers
Perhaps ya'll should take the guns away and give them a couple pencils:

State Education Rankings: Texas SAT Scores

Critical Reading SAT Score: 486 (Ranking 46)

Math SAT Score: 506 (Ranking 38)

Writing SAT Score: 475 (Ranking 47)

Total SAT Score: 1467 (Ranking 45)

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#2943 Feb 5, 2013
tallyho wrote:
to defend is to uphold ...
I upheld my honor
I defend my honor
I realize that Tally - my point was that I was charged with upholding the Constitution. That ended the day my "employment" with the government ended.

“Cat got your tongue?”

Level 7

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2944 Feb 5, 2013
tallyho wrote:
mil69....
note she only posted a particle ...
Department of Veterans Affairs. By far the most extensive study of veteran suicides ever conducted, the report, issued Friday, examined suicide data from 1999 to 2010.
But note: that comparison was based on the prior suicide data, so today’s comparison would be even more extreme. Here’s hoping the new campaign of public awareness and new efforts to investigate veteran suicide will result in greater access to mental health services for all veterans.
Note to Tally...YOU STILL DON'T GET IT. I posted the headline and the first sentence or two from the article. THE I PROVIDED THE WEB SITE so M69 and any other poster, who felt inclined, could check out the article for themselves. Gawd.. you're so busy trying to attack me you've, once again, made a total fool out of yourself.

You really should stay away from the alcohol and Vicodin.

BTW.. YOUR "The Last True Liberal" phoney TPX ID was just too obvious. I also suggest you fine tune your auto response program. Your posts, in many cases, aren't making sense.

;-D

au contraire

Level 2

Location hidden

#2945 Feb 5, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
Leave it to Texas to lead the way.

au contraire

Level 2

Location hidden

#2946 Feb 5, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot nothing - my military oath to service ceased the day I was honorably discharged after two tours.
I,(NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
It says defend, not uphold - seems to me you're the one that needs a refresher course.
Oh, so your were only a patriot for 4 years. Convenient. Most of us was for life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association. (Nov '10) 3 min Dont_You_Dare 19,322
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min DanFromSmithville 201,605
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 5 min andet1987 59,572
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 6 min Dont_You_Dare 18,471
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 8 min andet1987 44,383
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 9 min Princess Hey 13,508
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 11 min 8541 MARINE 58,092
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 26 min Sharlene45 194,478
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 52 min Dman 7,845
TRUMP, Donald (Jun '15) 1 hr andet1987 192