USA Huh

Chicago, IL

#232 Dec 31, 2012
60s chic wrote:
With a round of firearm, someone could take down a number of people in just seconds/minutes. A hammer could possibly take 2 people at the most, after which others would very likely jump him and take him down. Most would try to overpower someone wielding a hammer or knife, but a firearm, I don't think so. Assault weapons should be banned and removed from the general public.
And Tim Mcveigh proved that with some fertilizer and gas you can take down a building in seconds.
And in 2001 19 people proved that you could take box cutters and take over 4 airplanes.
And in 2003 a man with a car proved that in seconds you could kill 9 people by plowing over them.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#233 Dec 31, 2012
Though Xmas is over, I still was expecting links.

:(

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#234 Dec 31, 2012
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
Waffle House Robber Killed By Concealed Carry Permit Holder. I hate to see a kid throw his life away, literally, for whatever could be stolen from a Waffle House, but when you start pointing guns at people and robbing them, you forfeit your right to take in oxygen. This is especially true if there is someone with a gun pointed at you.
Retired SC Highway Patrol trooper shoots, kills home intruder in Bluffton. A retired S.C. Highway Patrol trooper shot and killed an intruder after a struggle in his Bluffton home early Wednesday [11/14/2012], according to the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office. Former trooper Lt. William "Chuck" Wise was attacked by a man attempting to break into his Palmetto Bluff Road home at 2:15 a.m. when Wise fired several shots, striking and killing him, investigators say. The body of 39-year-old Paul Edward Rowell was found in the main entryway, the Sheriff's Office said.
Homeowner fatally shot attacker, another suspect flees, police say. A Palm Beach Gardens man was found dead in front of a Holly Hill home Friday night [11/16/2012], and investigators say he is one two suspects that tried to rob the house.
12-Year-Old Defends Herself with Gun. This past Wednesday [10/17/2012] a young 12-year old girl in Bryan County, Oklahoma was able to protect her life when an intruder kicked in her back door and entered her house. Frantically, she called her mother who advised her to grab their household gun, hide in the closet, and call 911. The intruder made his way through the house, and as he was opening the door of the closet, the young girl shot him through the closet door. The intruder left the house and the girl was found unharmed. The police arrived and took the man into custody.
'I aimed right for his heart'. A 92-year-old war veteran who shot dead an intruder at his home says he has only one regret that he didn't shoot the alleged burglar's accomplices. Earl Jones from Boone County, Kentucky, killed Lloyd (Adam) Maxwell after the intruder broke into his home at 2am on Monday [9/2/2012] with two accomplices.
Armed bystander stops stabbing outside school. A woman is in critical condition after she was stabbed outside her child's school Tuesday morning.[...] Police say a bystander who happened to be a concealed handgun license holder pulled his weapon and ordered [Roberto] Barron to drop the knife.
Another Old [Man] Steps In To Save A Life. This time in Early, Texas. This was remarkably good shooting by the hero. He must practice a lot. If not for his interference others would have died.
65-year-old woman thwarts robbery on jewellery store. Five armed men who attempted to rob a jewellery store were left scrambling for the door when a 65-year-old woman opened fire on them. The handgun-wielding thieves, clad in hoodies, were forced to flee Continental Jewelry in Garden Grove, California, after the woman chased after them last week.
What Gun Haters Don't Want You to Know. The other side of the gun rights argument is that guns save lives. A 65 year-old female jewelry store owner singlehandedly chased off five masked thugs who were robbing her Greenwich store. She fired two shots in the air as she ran after them. They were knocking into each other trying to get out the door.
Thanks for the post . In Dallas we had a burglar lock his self in the bathroom and call 911 to come and get him so he wouldn't be shot by the home owner :)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#235 Dec 31, 2012
USA Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
And Tim Mcveigh proved that with some fertilizer and gas you can take down a building in seconds.
And in 2001 19 people proved that you could take box cutters and take over 4 airplanes.
And in 2003 a man with a car proved that in seconds you could kill 9 people by plowing over them.
And after OKC bombing they want to control fertilizer.Simple minds with simple solutions that do no good just like the Clinton gun ban
Liberty Warrior

Hammonton, NJ

#236 Dec 31, 2012
60s chic wrote:
<quoted text>
We're talking about the leader of our country. If we can't protect the POTUS, then no one is really safe and that means no one. The Sandy Hook massacre and others similar to it is a horrific tragedy. Everyone realizes that. It's crucial and vital for schools to have better methods and procedures to alerting staff and emergency personnel as quickly as possible if an emergency should arise. Mental health in this country can not and should not be ignored either. You get what you give. Do nothing, and we all suffer the consequences.
POTUS is replaceable, our children aren't.

Level 5

Since: Oct 12

Western * U*S*A*

#237 Dec 31, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>And after OKC bombing they want to control fertilizer.Simple minds with simple solutions that do no good just like the Clinton gun ban
I totally agree!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#238 Dec 31, 2012
Tell me when wrote:
<quoted text>Not really, I can put 25 rounds in my ruger 22
I can put 50 in mine.

Location hidden

#239 Dec 31, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
There's around 300 million guns in this country yet you never hear about citizens stopping these murder sprees. Mostly they're shooting kids that look 'suspicious'- their own or someone else's returning from a store. And they're talking on Topix about what they 'can' or 'will' do...
That's because the Mainstream Media doesn't report those instances.

Location hidden

#240 Dec 31, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>You've already been corrected on that, Crain. The kid was out of ammo, done shooting, and leaving the scene. Why do you always forget that part?

How come the guy with the CCW didn't stop the shooter at the Gabby Giffords incident? It was in Arizona- the entire state is a Free Fire Zone.

Crain, this is so simple! Our gun nuts CANNOT defend us from other gun nuts! Chances are that one of them that *might* would instead admire or critique the shooters choice of weapons before actually doing anything to stop the situation.

Gun free zones stymieing people? There's 'speed limits' on our roads so, no one ever speeds, right?
The guy was headed to the middle school to donut again when stopped.
JERI

Oklahoma City, OK

#241 Dec 31, 2012
When I see statements such as this one; Let me say, I bet YOU would be mighty thankful, possibly understanding of the person that used THEIR gun to SAVE YOU. YOUR statement makes me laugh. I bet You would hug, hold and praise the person that was COWARD enough to save YOUR BABY or FAMILY or FRIENDS. YOU are the coward in my opinion. You have a mouth and a right to say that YOU are BRAVE enough to say that you are one. It's nice to know that YOU, and I do know of others, that find some sort of pride saying they WILL NOT protect. With an attitude such as yours, how do you make your loved ones feel you would assist them in any type situation? Or do you even try? Nice on a keyboard, huh? Expressing yourself.

Level 5

Location hidden

#242 Dec 31, 2012
If you don't like guns and don't want private citizens to own them, then please post a sign in front of your residence saying this home is gun free.

BE PROUD ( advertising, they say, pays )
JERI

Oklahoma City, OK

#243 Dec 31, 2012
x-pitcher wrote:
If you don't like guns and don't want private citizens to own them, then please post a sign in front of your residence saying this home is gun free.
BE PROUD ( advertising, they say, pays )
Are you expecting folks to say come on in and rob,rape,or kill me. I won't stop you.

Level 5

Location hidden

#244 Dec 31, 2012
JERI wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you expecting folks to say come on in and rob,rape,or kill me. I won't stop you.
No, just say we don't have guns. Maybe they have a knife or two.

“look up and laugh”

Level 9

Since: Jun 08

guess, where

#245 Jan 1, 2013
Tiger Lilly wrote:
Because I'm a woman so I can't fight like a man.
I've never pointed a gun at any person or any animal on the face of the earth.
Using your line of reasoning each of us can make a list of what we see no need for and say, why do you need this, I don't, so you shouldn't have it....
Very true. To each his own. I don't drink but I don't say they should not make wine glasses or shot glasses. Nonsmokers don't bellyach about matches or cigarette lighters. Happy New Year

“Colleges Search Engine ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

www.schoolanduniversity.com

#246 Jan 1, 2013
Absolutely right, Cowards need guns.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#247 Jan 1, 2013
SchoolandUniversity wrote:
Absolutely right, Cowards need guns.
Fatalistic idiots rely on police..... Where should we send the flowers?
watsamattau

Pontotoc, MS

#248 Jan 1, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Fatalistic idiots rely on police..... Where should we send the flowers?
There are rural areas around here that if you called 911 it would take 20 minutes or more for help to arrive. Meanwhile you are fending off the attacker with what ,a baseball bat,or a golf club ? Hope you have a plot picked out to be planted in.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#249 Jan 1, 2013
watsamattau wrote:
<quoted text>There are rural areas around here that if you called 911 it would take 20 minutes or more for help to arrive. Meanwhile you are fending off the attacker with what ,a baseball bat,or a golf club ? Hope you have a plot picked out to be planted in.
I live in one of those remote areas. Response time,indeterminate. The law would show up just in time to haul away the loser...... I plan on it NOT being me.

Location hidden

#250 Jan 1, 2013
watsamattau wrote:
<quoted text>There are rural areas around here that if you called 911 it would take 20 minutes or more for help to arrive. Meanwhile you are fending off the attacker with what ,a baseball bat,or a golf club ? Hope you have a plot picked out to be planted in.
Wait a minute now- rural areas are bucolic little slices of wonderfulness where everyone gets along because all are armed to the teeth, walking with Jesus and united behind their love for our nation's wealthiest and their well-studied contempt for Black presidents.

So, why involve the POlice anyway?

Location hidden

#251 Jan 1, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>I live in one of those remote areas. Response time,indeterminate. The law would show up just in time to haul away the loser...... I plan on it NOT being me.
Thanks for this!^^^^

LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 4 min _hellbilly_ 194
HOW LONG can you hold YOUR SEMEN ? For men only. (Mar '12) 5 min dragoon70056 38
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min TurkanaBoy 132,374
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 10 min Fatal Attraction 25,609
*1-STATE Solution for ISRAEL says U.N. Official 11 min exclusiveYTube 1
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 13 min -CatCiao- 2,132
Strange ice pancakes appear on Scottish river 16 min -CatCiao- 8
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 24 min mr goodwrench 125
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr DILF 7,540
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr Tom2Tone 152,438
More from around the web