Branford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

I don't need any guns! I'm sure the police will protect me. And just in case the Authorities are monitoring this site......I don't have any weopons and I like the president....so don't worry about me.....go get those bad guys! Keep me safe!

“What did you expect? ”

Level 4

Since: Oct 10

Didn't even notice, did you?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>There is a bid difference between a 22 and an AR15 or AK47.
There's also a "BID" or big difference between knowing what you're trying to speak to.

An AK will take a M16 round a M16 will not take an AK round. That's where "head-shot" came from. Take weapon and kill his unit.

Either way, their all able to kill you.

BTW - So can hammers.
60s chic

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

With a round of firearm, someone could take down a number of people in just seconds/minutes. A hammer could possibly take 2 people at the most, after which others would very likely jump him and take him down. Most would try to overpower someone wielding a hammer or knife, but a firearm, I don't think so. Assault weapons should be banned and removed from the general public.

“What did you expect? ”

Level 4

Since: Oct 10

Didn't even notice, did you?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

60s chic wrote:
With a round of firearm, someone could take down a number of people in just seconds/minutes. A hammer could possibly take 2 people at the most, after which others would very likely jump him and take him down. Most would try to overpower someone wielding a hammer or knife, but a firearm, I don't think so. Assault weapons should be banned and removed from the general public.
Okay, first I have to ask. Which ghetto of Allentown center do you live.

I don't go there without being armed, I stay in Bethlehem.

I could take a hammer to your town and beat people all day and then review it on YouTube before I get back to my hotel.

Grow up, step off your porch and look around the block. Not everyday is the 4th of July when the sun sets.

Thanks for playing. Oh, EBT cards won't get recharged until Wednesday.
Dozerman

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text>
I am NOT Somali!
Somali or not when you use the name African it is the whole country you represent. just as when we say we are Americans not just Texans,Iowans and so forth we represent what we call ourselves
Dozerman

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
You may want to sit down here, I agree with you, to a point. You don't need a 30 round magazine for hunting, if you do then you need to find another sport. The .223 round however can and does be used by hunters. The magazine capacity and the military look are all that separate the AR15 from other .223 hunting rifles. As far as the ability to kill people quickly remember that the VA Tech shooter killed more people with two pistols, a Glock17 9mm and a Walther .22.
you also look to the hunting regulations here if you hunt with an AR15 .233 you are only allowed 5 rounds and they cannot be in the receiver until in the field
Dozerman

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Some Nutjob wrote:
<quoted text>
There's also a "BID" or big difference between knowing what you're trying to speak to.
An AK will take a M16 round a M16 will not take an AK round. That's where "head-shot" came from. Take weapon and kill his unit.
Either way, their all able to kill you.
BTW - So can hammers.
You are a nut job neither an AK NOR M16 will fire each others round the ak being 7.62x39 m16 being5.56x45 even the russian 5.56x.39 will n
Will an m16 round fire from an ak47?
Firearms Questions
Answers.com > Wiki Answers > Categories > Hobbies & Collectibles > Firearms
Best Answer
No. There are AK variants which fire the 5.56x45 round (common to the M16), such as the AK101, Type 84, Rk 62.76, Kbs. wz. 1996 Beryl, etc., but the AK47 and AKM fire a 7.62x39 cartridge. The two cartridges are not interchangeable, nor even close to it.
Related Answers:

Will a AK47 fire a M16 round?

no AK-47 is chambered for 7.62x39mm..... just AK-101 and AK-102 can fire with M-16 round (5.56x45mm)
Can an ak47 fire a 5.56mm round?

mistakenly referred to as an AK-47) fire the 7.62x39 cartridge.

Related Answers:

What rounds doses the m16 fire?

The M16 assault rifle is chambered for the 5.56x45mm NATO cartridge. Most can also fire
What type of round does an AK-47 fire?

the cartridge is a .30 caliber round. it is called the 7.62 x 39 a descendant of the ak-47
Which fires more accurately ak-47 or m16?

Dozerman

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

sorry i double posted

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Rolling Meadows, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

There's around 300 million guns in this country yet you never hear about citizens stopping these murder sprees. Mostly they're shooting kids that look 'suspicious'- their own or someone else's returning from a store. And they're talking on Topix about what they 'can' or 'will' do...

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

60s chic wrote:
All guns are assault weapons. A ruger ranch rifle was not covered by the last assault weapons ban because it didn't have a bayonet lug nor a pistol grip. While the semi auto AR worked the same way but was an assault weapon unless you remove the bayonet lug. The shooting in Conn. was done with a weapon that was bought legally in the State which bans Assault weapons

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Dozerman wrote:
<quoted text>You are a nut job neither an AK NOR M16 will fire each others round the ak being 7.62x39 m16 being5.56x45 even the russian 5.56x.39 will n
Will an m16 round fire from an ak47?
Firearms Questions
Answers.com > Wiki Answers > Categories > Hobbies & Collectibles > Firearms
Best Answer
No. There are AK variants which fire the 5.56x45 round (common to the M16), such as the AK101, Type 84, Rk 62.76, Kbs. wz. 1996 Beryl, etc., but the AK47 and AKM fire a 7.62x39 cartridge. The two cartridges are not interchangeable, nor even close to it.
Related Answers:
Will a AK47 fire a M16 round?
no AK-47 is chambered for 7.62x39mm..... just AK-101 and AK-102 can fire with M-16 round (5.56x45mm)
Related Answers:
What rounds doses the m16 fire?
The M16 assault rifle is chambered for the 5.56x45mm NATO cartridge. Most can also fire
What type of round does an AK-47 fire?
the cartridge is a .30 caliber round. it is called the 7.62 x 39 a descendant of the ak-47
Which fires more accurately ak-47 or m16?
Even the Nato round and the .223 have a slight difference but they can both be fired in the same rifle

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Ferrerman wrote:
There's around 300 million guns in this country yet you never hear about citizens stopping these murder sprees. Mostly they're shooting kids that look 'suspicious'- their own or someone else's returning from a store. And they're talking on Topix about what they 'can' or 'will' do...
That is because these spree take place in gun free zones. School shooting have been stopped. A vice principle went to his car and got a gun and stopped the shooter

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Rolling Meadows, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>That is because these spree take place in gun free zones. School shooting have been stopped. A vice principle went to his car and got a gun and stopped the shooter
You've already been corrected on that, Crain. The kid was out of ammo, done shooting, and leaving the scene. Why do you always forget that part?

How come the guy with the CCW didn't stop the shooter at the Gabby Giffords incident? It was in Arizona- the entire state is a Free Fire Zone.

Crain, this is so simple! Our gun nuts CANNOT defend us from other gun nuts! Chances are that one of them that *might* would instead admire or critique the shooters choice of weapons before actually doing anything to stop the situation.

Gun free zones stymieing people? There's 'speed limits' on our roads so, no one ever speeds, right?

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>You've already been corrected on that, Crain. The kid was out of ammo, done shooting, and leaving the scene. Why do you always forget that part?
How come the guy with the CCW didn't stop the shooter at the Gabby Giffords incident? It was in Arizona- the entire state is a Free Fire Zone.
Crain, this is so simple! Our gun nuts CANNOT defend us from other gun nuts! Chances are that one of them that *might* would instead admire or critique the shooters choice of weapons before actually doing anything to stop the situation.
Gun free zones stymieing people? There's 'speed limits' on our roads so, no one ever speeds, right?
I don't carry where it is illegal. I follow the law. A person with a permit can not stop a killing but he can reduce the number of people killed.No mass killings at gun shows

“Brains are wonderful,”

Level 5

Since: May 10

I wish everyone had one.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

A gun is a great equalizer.

A man approached my car while I was stuck at an overpass traffic light.
What did he want, why was he coming to my car? Could it be maybe he was planning some mischief? Lucky me, I'll never know because once I made it known that I had a gun, he quickly backed up and walked the other way.

One of my co-workers was opening the store just 2 days ago and a half naked man dragging a chain was trying to smash the doors of our store. My co-worker was terrified and she wasn't armed. She hid under a desk until police arrived.
She was so scared and the minutes dragged until the man left and broke into another store. She didn't know he had left the scene. She was traumatized over the whole incident.
A gun is a great equalizer, I think every law abiding citizen should carry.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hwere are a few examples you seem to overlook

The December 16 Movie Theater Shooting You Didn't Hear About. The story was covered locally, but seeing as it happened just one day after the Sandyhook massacre in Connecticut, you would think it would have gotten more airplay in the MSM. Don't stories like this one play right into their anti-gun hands? No not this one.

Here's Why Someone Would Need To Own An 'Assault' Rifle. The left keeps asking why anyone needs an "assault" rifle. Here's one reason in 2010, a Texas teen used a rifle similar to the one used in Newtown to defend his younger sister and himself from home invaders.

Three in the Head. I carried a gun in New York City for more than a decade back when there were thousands of murders a year and the Bronx led the nation in killings. On at least four occasions, that gun saved my life, and in a couple of instances, the lives of people who were with me at the time.

Intruder fatally shot after breaking into Glen Burnie business, police say. Anne Arundel County police are investigating a report that an employee in a coin shop in Glen Burnie shot and killed an intruder Tuesday morning [12/25/2012].

Police: Man defends himself, kills robbery suspect. Police in Atlanta say a man was defending himself when he shot and killed a suspected robber on Christmas Eve.

When assault weapons saved Koreatown. This year marked the 20th anniversary of the Los Angeles riots, sparked by the acquittal of four Los Angeles Police Department officers accused of beating the now-deceased Rodney King. During the five days, mobs around Los Angeles looted stores, burnt 3,767 buildings, caused more than $1 billion in property damage, and led to the deaths of more than 50 people and left another 4,000 injured. A story that has been forgotten since then is that of the brave storeowners in Koreatown who fended off mobs with handguns, rifles and assault weapons.

Ohio crime victims fire back in 2 shooting incidents. In separate incidents less than 12 hours apart, crime victims fought back by shooting robbers Sunday [12/9/2012] and early Monday, killing one suspect and injuring three. In both cases, the crime victims were not hurt.

Robbery Suspect Shot and Killed in Triple Shooting. Two robbery victims turn the tables on the man who tried to rob them. The victims, a man and woman were shot, but in the end its the robber who didn't make it out alive.

Attempted Battle Creek robber shot in head. A clerk at a Battle Creek convenience store wasn't about to be robbed. The 28-year-old man running the register at Liberty Mart Convenience store shot the attempted thief in the head when the suspect pulled a knife and demanded money.

Cafe manager fends off robbers. The manager at an Internet sweepstakes busines fired twice at robbers early this morning and chased them from the business, police reported.

Neighbor handcuffs, detains would-be-burglars at gunpoint. Many neighbors said this has brought them even closer. "You have all this stuff that happens in the neighborhoods in Houston, where people are getting shot and killed and raped and murdered. We're not having it," said neighbor Suzanne Lumus.

Big Lake men subdue serial burglar. A bail-jumping burglar may be feeling lucky at the possibility of spending the next several decades in jail after an armed confrontation that nearly left him shot. Joshua Beaty, 25, was in the process of robbing the Big Lake area home of James Conner Oct. 26 when Conner and a couple of his friends caught Beaty in the act.

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Here are a few more Fruit vendor grateful after customer shoots gunman. A South Florida fruit vendor is speaking out with words of gratitude for a customer who stepped in after someone tried to mug him. Blood stains and crime scene tape remain on the sidewalk marking the spot of the near-fatal confrontation that occurred Tuesday afternoon [11/27/2012].

Retired Marine Shoots Home Intruder During Break-In. If you're a thief, there are a couple of warning signs that you should watch out for. A dog bowl and a leash in the front yard would tip you off that you're probably going to get bitten. A sign that reads, "Trespassers will be shot!" is pretty self-explanatory. The home of 77-year-old Lloyd McCarty is similarly filled with warning signs.

Home Invader Shot in Boardman, Ohio. Officers said one of the suspects, Keemoni Harris, 22, of Campbell, and the homeowner, James Truman Sr., exchanged gunfire, firing about five shots. Truman wasn't hit, but officials said Harris went to the hospital with three non-life threatening gun shot wounds.

Man Shoots Intruder in Santa Maria. An unidentified intruder was shot Sunday evening [12/9/2012] in Santa Maria when he knocked on a homeowner's door and brandished a gun.

Santa Maria man recovering in hospital after shooting. Police say when the homeowner answered the door, the man outside threatened the him with a gun. Police say the homeowner also had a gun and shot the man at the door several times.

Owasso homeowner shoots, kills intruder. An investigation is underway after an Owasso homeowner shoots and kills a man that Owasso Police say was breaking into his home.
[Atrocious grammar in original.]

Mass Killings Stopped by Armed Citizens. There are several documented cases where armed citizens have stopped mass attacks by gunmen. Let me list a few: The Pearl, Mississippi school shooting was stopped by the vice principal Joel Myrick with a Colt .45, The Appalachian School shooting was stopped by two students with handguns. Both of the above incidents were stopped by the armed citizens threatening the shooter without firing.

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Specific cases:

The December 16 Movie Theater Shooting You Didn't Hear About. The story was covered locally, but seeing as it happened just one day after the Sandyhook massacre in Connecticut, you would think it would have gotten more airplay in the MSM. Don't stories like this one play right into their anti-gun hands? No not this one.

Here's Why Someone Would Need To Own An 'Assault' Rifle. The left keeps asking why anyone needs an "assault" rifle. Here's one reason in 2010, a Texas teen used a rifle similar to the one used in Newtown to defend his younger sister and himself from home invaders.

Three in the Head. I carried a gun in New York City for more than a decade back when there were thousands of murders a year and the Bronx led the nation in killings. On at least four occasions, that gun saved my life, and in a couple of instances, the lives of people who were with me at the time.

Intruder fatally shot after breaking into Glen Burnie business, police say. Anne Arundel County police are investigating a report that an employee in a coin shop in Glen Burnie shot and killed an intruder Tuesday morning [12/25/2012].

Police: Man defends himself, kills robbery suspect. Police in Atlanta say a man was defending himself when he shot and killed a suspected robber on Christmas Eve.

When assault weapons saved Koreatown. This year marked the 20th anniversary of the Los Angeles riots, sparked by the acquittal of four Los Angeles Police Department officers accused of beating the now-deceased Rodney King. During the five days, mobs around Los Angeles looted stores, burnt 3,767 buildings, caused more than $1 billion in property damage, and led to the deaths of more than 50 people and left another 4,000 injured. A story that has been forgotten since then is that of the brave storeowners in Koreatown who fended off mobs with handguns, rifles and assault weapons.

Ohio crime victims fire back in 2 shooting incidents. In separate incidents less than 12 hours apart, crime victims fought back by shooting robbers Sunday [12/9/2012] and early Monday, killing one suspect and injuring three. In both cases, the crime victims were not hurt.

Robbery Suspect Shot and Killed in Triple Shooting. Two robbery victims turn the tables on the man who tried to rob them. The victims, a man and woman were shot, but in the end its the robber who didn't make it out alive.

Attempted Battle Creek robber shot in head. A clerk at a Battle Creek convenience store wasn't about to be robbed. The 28-year-old man running the register at Liberty Mart Convenience store shot the attempted thief in the head when the suspect pulled a knife and demanded money.

Cafe manager fends off robbers. The manager at an Internet sweepstakes busines fired twice at robbers early this morning and chased them from the business, police reported.

Neighbor handcuffs, detains would-be-burglars at gunpoint. Many neighbors said this has brought them even closer. "You have all this stuff that happens in the neighborhoods in Houston, where people are getting shot and killed and raped and murdered. We're not having it," said neighbor Suzanne Lumus.

Big Lake men subdue serial burglar. A bail-jumping burglar may be feeling lucky at the possibility of spending the next several decades in jail after an armed confrontation that nearly left him shot. Joshua Beaty, 25, was in the process of robbing the Big Lake area home of James Conner Oct. 26 when Conner and a couple of his friends caught Beaty in the act.

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Homeowner shoots intruder near Mulvane. A 31-year-old burglary suspect is listed in serious but stable condition after he was shot in the chest by a homeowner in rural Mulvane [Kansas].

California Resident Shoots Home Invader. The resident heard someone remove a screen and break a kitchen window to gain access to his home, so the resident armed himself with a handgun, the sheriff's office said.

Store clerk, would-be robber trade gunshots. An attempted armed robbery went bad quickly for the gunman Friday night [12/7/2012] when a store clerk pulled out his own weapon and began blasting away.

Sheriff: Armed homeowner walks burglar outside to wait for deputies. A George County man found himself on the wrong end of a homeowner's gun after allegedly breaking into a home on Crenshaw Road Saturday night. Sheriff Dean Howell said just after midnight, dispatch received a call from a homeowner who said he was holding a burglar at gunpoint.

Woman Carrying Concealed Weapon At Nail Salon Stops Armed Robbery. Here in Mass[achusetts] where it's almost impossible for a law abiding citizen to carry a concealed weapon this story would have ended much differently.

Casper Police: Nail salon customer packs heat, gunman leaves. A gunman retreated from a Casper nail salon last week after realizing one of its customers was packing heat.[...] A witness said the man then reached into his coat pocket and began to take out a silver-colored pistol. At that moment, a woman who was getting her nails done reached into her purse and got her own firearm. Police say the man never fully raised the gun and left the building after seeing the customer had her weapon out.

Lesson Of Sandy Hook, Clackamas Ban Gun-Free Zones. In the target-rich environment of the Clackamas Town Center two weeks before Christmas, the shooter managed to kill only two people before killing himself. A far worse tragedy was prevented when he was confronted by a hero named Nick Meli. As the shooter was having difficulty with his weapon, Meli pulled his and took aim, reluctant to fire lest an innocent bystander be hit. But he didn't have to pull the trigger: The shooter fled when confronted, ending his own life before it could be done for him. We will never know how many lives were saved by an armed citizen that day.

Clackamas Mall shooter killed himself after seeing gun carrier aiming at him. Nick Meli never shot his gun out of fear of hitting a bystander, but apparently seeing him with his gun was enough for the shooter at Clackamas Mall earlier this month to turn the gun on himself and commit suicide.

Clackamas mall shooter faced shopper with concealed weapon. Nick Meli is emotionally drained. The 22-year-old was at Clackamas Town Center with a friend and her baby when a masked man opened fire.[...] "I'm not beating myself up cause I didn't shoot him," said Meli. "I know after he saw me, I think the last shot he fired was the one he used on himself."

Virtually Unreported: CCW Holder Likely Prevented Larger Clackamas Mall Death Toll. If certain aspects of stories relating to an incident of gun violence don't fit the template, they usually doesn't get reported at all. But if such things somehow get some local exposure, they rarely escape into the broader national news environment.

Citizen With Concealed Carry Permit May Have Saved Lives During Oregon Mall Shooting. The shooting last week at the mall in Clackamas, Oregon has been overshadowed by the tragedy that unfolded Friday morning at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut. In Oregon two innocent human beings lost their lives, but perhaps the carnage would have been worse if not for Nick Meli, who has a concealed carry permit and was in the mall when the gunman opened fire.

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Waffle House Robber Killed By Concealed Carry Permit Holder. I hate to see a kid throw his life away, literally, for whatever could be stolen from a Waffle House, but when you start pointing guns at people and robbing them, you forfeit your right to take in oxygen. This is especially true if there is someone with a gun pointed at you.

Retired SC Highway Patrol trooper shoots, kills home intruder in Bluffton. A retired S.C. Highway Patrol trooper shot and killed an intruder after a struggle in his Bluffton home early Wednesday [11/14/2012], according to the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office. Former trooper Lt. William "Chuck" Wise was attacked by a man attempting to break into his Palmetto Bluff Road home at 2:15 a.m. when Wise fired several shots, striking and killing him, investigators say. The body of 39-year-old Paul Edward Rowell was found in the main entryway, the Sheriff's Office said.

Homeowner fatally shot attacker, another suspect flees, police say. A Palm Beach Gardens man was found dead in front of a Holly Hill home Friday night [11/16/2012], and investigators say he is one two suspects that tried to rob the house.

12-Year-Old Defends Herself with Gun. This past Wednesday [10/17/2012] a young 12-year old girl in Bryan County, Oklahoma was able to protect her life when an intruder kicked in her back door and entered her house. Frantically, she called her mother who advised her to grab their household gun, hide in the closet, and call 911. The intruder made his way through the house, and as he was opening the door of the closet, the young girl shot him through the closet door. The intruder left the house and the girl was found unharmed. The police arrived and took the man into custody.

'I aimed right for his heart'. A 92-year-old war veteran who shot dead an intruder at his home says he has only one regret that he didn't shoot the alleged burglar's accomplices. Earl Jones from Boone County, Kentucky, killed Lloyd (Adam) Maxwell after the intruder broke into his home at 2am on Monday [9/2/2012] with two accomplices.

Armed bystander stops stabbing outside school. A woman is in critical condition after she was stabbed outside her child's school Tuesday morning.[...] Police say a bystander who happened to be a concealed handgun license holder pulled his weapon and ordered [Roberto] Barron to drop the knife.

Another Old [Man] Steps In To Save A Life. This time in Early, Texas. This was remarkably good shooting by the hero. He must practice a lot. If not for his interference others would have died.

65-year-old woman thwarts robbery on jewellery store. Five armed men who attempted to rob a jewellery store were left scrambling for the door when a 65-year-old woman opened fire on them. The handgun-wielding thieves, clad in hoodies, were forced to flee Continental Jewelry in Garden Grove, California, after the woman chased after them last week.

What Gun Haters Don't Want You to Know. The other side of the gun rights argument is that guns save lives. A 65 year-old female jewelry store owner singlehandedly chased off five masked thugs who were robbing her Greenwich store. She fired two shots in the air as she ran after them. They were knocking into each other trying to get out the door.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 201 - 220 of7,306
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••