“Are We Having Fun Yet???”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

If Not, Why Not!!!

#189 Dec 30, 2012
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Each "news" outlet has its own personal agenda, promulgated by the owners. They will only "report" on things that advance their agenda.
True.
There are however, cases that are hyped over and over again in a national forum while other crimes that are just as bad/sad are not reported nationally, only locally or regionally.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#190 Dec 30, 2012
Tiger Lilly wrote:
<quoted text>
It's even worse than that.
Ever wonder how and why the meida picks certain stories to report while others die a nationaly unreported death.....
I agree, but have you had a chance to catch the new ad, they are calling it #26 Acts of Kindness...I hope it is catchy enough to make a memory for those with short attention spans..

http://www.savvysugar.com/26-Acts-Kindness-Ca...

Level 1

Since: Apr 11

Syracuse, NY

#191 Dec 30, 2012
i agree if you are gonna pick a fight use your fists not a gun i am gun owner and i believe only in using them if some scum sucker is trying to rob me or breaking into my place got a nice little sign saying gun and owner lives here lol but i believe people who bring weapons to fights are low life scums with nothing to show for

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#192 Dec 30, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>I am saying that only a weapon used by the military can be a true assault weapons because it is full auto and not a semi-auto. Assault weapon is just a term used by a politician based on look and not function. That old Henry rifle performs the same as a modern semi-auto except it is lever and not blowback that brings a new round to the chamber. That old Henry has a magazine that hold more than 10 rounds
Not a fan of the 1st Amendment, are you Crain? Trying to limit speech, eh? I'll defend your right to obfuscate (don't worry, it's nothing dirty) but, you're the last person who should make any 'rulings' on the English language. Why is everything a purported loophole with you people?

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#193 Dec 30, 2012
justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you may 'finally' be getting it..
stay on target...
Maybe one day you'll 'get' sarcasm?

“Are We Having Fun Yet???”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

If Not, Why Not!!!

#194 Dec 30, 2012
justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, but have you had a chance to catch the new ad, they are calling it #26 Acts of Kindness...I hope it is catchy enough to make a memory for those with short attention spans..
http://www.savvysugar.com/26-Acts-Kindness-Ca...
I am certainly not saying that Sandy Hook shouldn't have been a nationally covered story.

Just wanted to get that "out there".

No, had not seen that ad and it's a great idea.

There is something called ramdom acts of kindness that Oprah used to talk about. That is something we can all do everyday.
Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#196 Dec 30, 2012
Hey!!!! Where did my little Chia Pet go to??

seems he is lost....

Ill check the Topix lost n found sock dept...

Dont let me interupt the ontopic convo....

carry on soldiers!!!!

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#197 Dec 30, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe one day you'll 'get' sarcasm?
Maybe one day you'll get something...anything..

Truly a day of days might that be..

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

is not the way to pay old ones

#198 Dec 30, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks:) Was that from the police reports?
Coroner said all the rounds were .223

“What did you expect? ”

Level 4

Since: Oct 10

Didn't even notice, did you?

#199 Dec 30, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Not a fan of the 1st Amendment, are you Crain? Trying to limit speech, eh? I'll defend your right to obfuscate (don't worry, it's nothing dirty) but, you're the last person who should make any 'rulings' on the English language. Why is everything a purported loophole with you people?
Typical obamha rumpswab Ferrerman is.

Nothing to see here, try msnbc, I hear there's some guy with a thrill running up his leg and never read berry's books.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#200 Dec 30, 2012
60s chic wrote:
<quoted text>Just imagine if welfare were taken from the very people who depend on it for survival. It would be sheer chaos and anarchy. Then we'd all have something to really worry about. Everyone bitches about people on welfare, but most are not spongers; many are victims of the economy and lack of jobs. The elite wealthiest of our society could care less about any repercussions from an ailing economy. They live in their walled up mansions away from the maddening crowd. As for you, me and the rest of the commoners; we're on our own.
I disagree. The majority are sponges. Yes there are some that need the help. Most are too lazy to get a job they think is beneath them. Their question is this, "why work for the same money I can sit on my ass and collect?
It's hard to blame them. I blame the democrats that made it possible, and lucrative.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#201 Dec 30, 2012
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
Coroner said all the rounds were .223
Chicago had 500 murders this year and some of the toughest gun laws around. I guess just having criminals armed doesn't lower murder but increases it :(

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#202 Dec 30, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Chicago had 500 murders this year and some of the toughest gun laws around. I guess just having criminals armed doesn't lower murder but increases it :(
Who woulda thunk it.
LOL

Location hidden

#203 Dec 30, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>However, I am not anti-gun. I'm anti-idiots with guns. There are no good reasons to own AR15's. They are not for hunting (animals) or home defense, neither activity you would need 30 round magazines for anyway. These a-holes who think they can revolt against a tyrannical government looking to make our glorious rich people pay 3% more in taxes just aren't right in the head and shouldn't be allowed around sharp objects, let alone high-powered, semi-automatic weapons. These weapons like the Bushmaster are the choice of nuts who want to kill a lot of people, quickly. That's all they're good for. Some of the people here forget that and that 20 little bodies and 6 adults were grotesquely destroyed because that rifle and those rounds were readily available to the kid who did this. Many here- like the NRA that represents the gun-makers- are happy that the massacre took place because in their warped minds it feeds and justifies their paranoia.
You contradict yourself.
You're not anti gun, you are anti idiots with guns. Yet your solution is to take a particular type of gun away from everyone. The resounding majority of which are completely law abiding.

Location hidden

#204 Dec 30, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Either you're saying all guns should be banned because they are assault weapons or we should only use Henry's because they are the same as modern weaponry.

Or, it's 1873 on your calendar.
Thank you for displaying how closed minded you are.

Location hidden

#205 Dec 30, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Oh.

Those damn words! They scare people! Assault weapons don't scare people- WORDS SCARE PEOPLE!

Well, those words are protected by the FIRST Amendment. So, don't obfuscate...
You are correct. The first amendment does protect one's ability to mislead the sheeple with misnomers.
Level 7

Location hidden

#206 Dec 30, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Chicago had 500 murders this year and some of the toughest gun laws around. I guess just having criminals armed doesn't lower murder but increases it :(
You would think they would use this as some kind of "target" project thing.,, didnt work for Il, wont work for Nation...
but as usual,, their statistics arent widely publicised..

“What did you expect? ”

Level 4

Since: Oct 10

Didn't even notice, did you?

#208 Dec 30, 2012
So, I'm a bullet just hanging with my other 49 buddies in the container and my other two buddies, "assault style" rifle (he never says much because he's got a trigger lock" and hammer (who's a bit physco).

Unfortunately, hammer has been drinking all day and offers this up in the form of a story.

Okay, ok, okay, urp, hic, pfffft! If I took one of bullets buddies and hammered into someones head and it went off did the coroner call that death by gunshot? No.

I got away with that one so I laid low for a while. My other buddy axe was pretty impressed, but very stupid. He hooked up with this girl called Lizzy and they gave her Mother 40 whacks then gave some guy 40 too. I think his name was Dad, never met him personally. Anyway, the idiot left his mark everywhere.

So then I got to thinking, if I grabbed mister rifle and drove him into someones head the coroner could only call that gun violence. Got away with that one too. Riffle never said a word, he couldn't, he had a trigger lock.

The moral of all this is?

Always bring a hammer. Dumber by the bag.

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#209 Dec 30, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>ALL GUNS ARE ASSAULT WEAPON! Any gun can be used for good or bad. Guns that look like military weapons are not more dangerous than those that don't. A Henry rifle made in the 1870s can fire just as fast as a modern rifle and that Henry has a big magazine too
There is a bid difference between a 22 and an AR15 or AK47.
Tell me when

Rochester, MN

#210 Dec 30, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>There is a bid difference between a 22 and an AR15 or AK47.
Not really, I can put 25 rounds in my ruger 22

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min stray-cat 152,733
Myths made reality bizarre claims made for anci... 7 min Manoj Tiwari 40
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 min TurkanaBoy 133,655
7 Teens Come Home Pregnant From School Trip 33 min Joker 72
Top 5 Video Games Of All Time 1 hr Janny25hhl 1
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr Dave 25,833
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 2 hr Mega Monster 7,743
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 6 hr andet1987 2,989
More from around the web