Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs

May 6, 2014 Full story: Cape Breton Post 1,084

Global warming is rapidly turning America into a stormy and dangerous place, with rising seas and disasters costing citizens from flood-stricken Florida to the wildfire-ravaged West, according to a new U.S. federal scientific report.

Full Story

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#166 May 7, 2014
Mechanic wrote:
<quoted text>
My question wasn't posed to you.
tell that dumbazz that this forum is 2 days old. the only solution for spaced blues is an overdose of opium.

what a chicken little government reliant idiot.
Mechanic

Pelican, LA

#167 May 7, 2014
Christsharia Law wrote:
<quoted text>
We were discussing the ignorant and anti rational and anti scientific denial of human caused climate change we see from know nothing tee baggrz and fundies.
Whether or how to deal with the problem of carbon emissions is a different matter.
Or did you just admit that the only reason you deny human mediated climate change is because the remedies look difficult under our current system? Is that why you tried to switch your argument?
BTW, educated people, the ones who know the earth is more than 10000 years old, the ones who understand the quite simple mechanism around co2, have been having discussions about how to address the problem. It's you anti rational deniers who block all _those_ discussions by lyingly maintaining there is no problem at all.
So the answer to your non question question is that first we have to deal with all the filth who are in purposeful denial, claiming the "science isn't clear." It is clear. They just don't like the implications of the science being perfectly clear. As your non question question so aptly, if inadvertently, shows.
Obviously your reply demonstrates that you have no solution and can't handle question.
Nuff Said, waste of my time, I'll even be gracious enough to let your have the last reply.

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#168 May 7, 2014
Christsharia Law wrote:
<quoted text>
No cretin, I was correcting your basic misunderstanding/troll.
There are effects now.
That does not mean, as you posted, that there are not going to be future effects also.
Every qualified scientist accepts the basic mechanism. There are supplied ranges of possible, future effects. Everyone knows this. Everyone with half a brain knows what a trend is, what kinds of things might mitigate or worsen that trend, and roughly what sorts of results we would see from each scenario.
Again, this is how knowledge and science work - people are interested in predictive ideas.
okay....i submit!!!!

you have to be right.

tomorrow i'm going to a staff meeting at my business down the interstate about 40 miles. i'll ride my bike. when i get there....i'll tell them that i'm two hours late because it is all for progress, okay?

do you people have any grasp of what you expect rational people to believe.

there has been NO experimental test on co2 mitigation! co2 is a very minor trace gas. man's contribution has been even smaller from that total.

your problem, son, is that you can tell lies to get votes....but you have to deal with folks who deal with facts to get legislation to your bullshyt.

bullshyt!!!!!!!we need to fine the cows!!!

lol

idiot.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#169 May 7, 2014
Mechanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww this is not your private forum, right?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#170 May 7, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>tell that dumbazz that this forum is 2 days old. the only solution for spaced blues is an overdose of opium.
BWAHAHA you replied to it.

WOW it's gonna get you, next!

Go back to bed. Not a good day for you.
Mechanic

Pelican, LA

#171 May 7, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>tell that dumbazz that this forum is 2 days old. the only solution for spaced blues is an overdose of opium.
Awe man, I should have know better than to even ask the question. It just amazes me the some people "cannot' support their position with reasonable solutions and then all they are left with is mud slinging..
Mechanic

Pelican, LA

#172 May 7, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Aww this is not your private forum, right?
Still no solution??
More study

Seattle, WA

#173 May 7, 2014
Christsharia Law wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey cretin, you ignored the content in favor of whining.
The effects are human caused, unlike the changes from the Ice Ages.
I explained why. Can you remember? Can your hom skool teechur help you?
The current changes are taking place at a pace far, far faster than any previous, naturally occurring changes. That means human activity is driving them. The changes aren't like previous changes.
These changes are not seen on planets in our solar system. That means it's human activity.
Still too complex for rubes?
Hey dip shit, if you had read my post, you'd have noticed where I acknowledged that mankind is "exacerbating" the problem. But that doesn't mean anything to you does it? Continue your troll shit for brains. Btw, it's "home school". You'd know that if you had at least a third grade education.
You're not worth the effort.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#174 May 7, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously:
1) There is credible evidence to suggest that IPCC data regarding "climate change" is not only wrong, but is intentionally misleading.
2) Even without that evidence, climatologists who argue for global warming shot themselves in the foot long ago by claiming that global warming will result in more frequent hurricanes and more powerful hurricanes will hit the U.S. The exact opposite has happened.
3) The fact that the "97%" of scientists pushing their "theory" can't decide on whether we are experience global warming or climate change is enough to cast doubt on their studies...
I could go on.
As far as what kind of evicence could make me a believer? Show me some "climate change". Thus far, despite all of the hype and misleading stories (such as the one leading to this thread), I have yet to see any "weird" or "unusual" weather . Everything that the IPCC and media is pushing as "weird" or "unusual" is anything but weird or unusual. It is nothing I haven't seen many times throughout my life.
Thanks for answering. You are indeed a tough nut to crack. Here are a few facts:

- The global sea level rose in the last century. In the last decade, the rate is almost double that of the last century.

- The earth has warmed since 1880. Surface temperatures continue to increase.

- The oceans are warming, absorbing much of this increased heat.

- There is a decrease in mass of ice sheets in Greenland and the Antarctic.

- Arctic sea ice has declined rapidly over the last several decades.

- Glaciers are retreating almost everywhere, including the Alps, Himalayas, Andes, Rockies, Alaska, Africa.
Indeed I have witnessed this first hand.

- Record high temperatures in the U.S. have been increasing, while low temperatures have become less frequent.

- Humans have been emitting more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, one result being an increase in the acidity of the surface of ocean waters.

Global warming is real, and has already reached dangerous levels. The human contribution is undeniable. There is no conspiracy. The data are not some concoction for profit reasons.
This has to stop being a partisan issue. We had all better get together on this one and do what we can to buy more time. The planet is burning up and we're throwing more logs in the fire.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#175 May 7, 2014
Mechanic wrote:
This is some beautiful spring with the lovely sound of crickets chirping.
Crickets don't chirp. You do.
litesong

Everett, WA

#176 May 7, 2014
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
please please please keep posting?!?!
Other sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars have said the same thing. Most are long gone. I'm here to show how many sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars are also sleazy slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs AND alleged &/or proud threateners.

"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully", new to toxic topix AGW forums, was soon found to be a sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liar, who was also a sleazy slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig.

"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" earns its name, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully".
Christsharia Law

Philadelphia, PA

#178 May 7, 2014
Mechanic wrote:
This is some beautiful spring with the lovely sound of crickets chirping.
Hey old drunk, you avoided the content because you are anti rational.

You apparently mixed up "not knowing what to do about climate change" with "there's no such thing as climate change."

In fact you deniers' fears about the former fuel your claims regarding the latter. It's never been about science or understanding or fact - it's only been about ideology. That's what your little switcheroo there demonstrates.
Christsharia Law

Philadelphia, PA

#179 May 7, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>then....what are the effects now? i want facts....not your useless opinion!!
you claimed there would be future effects!!!
Both the current and various, future scenarios are laid out in the report you claim to have read. The current effects are even laid out in the headline.

You are anti rational is all.

And yes, every qualified scientist knows human derived co2 emissions are having and will have effects. At best among qualified scientists there are about two who think there is an over reaction to these effects. That's all. There are no qualified debunkers remaining. Just mouthbreathing Fox viewers who are bigoted and ignorant and self satisfied.
Christsharia Law

Philadelphia, PA

#180 May 7, 2014
Mechanic wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a question you posed, gasbag, because if you don't think there's ongoing climate change then you don't need to proceed to what to do about it.

Because you (claim to) think that there are no such changes.

You screwed up in a blatantly illogical way, true to form.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#181 May 7, 2014
Mechanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no solution??
You.. talking to me?

WOW.. no memory.
Christsharia Law

Philadelphia, PA

#182 May 7, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>you have to be right
Of course it's correct that your purposeful confusion that current effects means there couldn't also be future ones is nutty.

No one with more than an undergrad degree takes your line that co2 can't have any causal role in the ecosystem because "it's just a trace gas." No one. Everyone understands and accepts the basic theory of greenhouse gases...even when they're funded by the fossil fuels industry and thus dispute that the consequences will be major.

Except for the sort of clowns on hate radio and Fox whom you revere. I meant no serious academic disputes this basic, basic, completely understood mechanism.
Christsharia Law

Philadelphia, PA

#183 May 7, 2014
Mechanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously your reply demonstrates that you have no solution and can't handle question.
No, cretin, your question was disingenuous in a way you can't quite figure out.

Your supposed position is that co2 does nothing.

Therefore whether anything can be done to mitigate co2 emissions should not enter into your calculations. Because whether something could be done would not,_of course_, impact whether you accept or deny that there is a climate change problem in the first place. Yet apparently it does.

Also, I mentioned - and you are well aware - that alternatives have been being explored for decades. You know this because all the financially interested halfwits and oil men have been fighting discussion or implementation of those alternatives for the same decades.
litesong

Everett, WA

#184 May 7, 2014
litesong wrote:
As for 2013 Arctic sea ice, sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars squawked that sea ice increased by 50%.... even 60%. Later, sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars reduced that amount to 30%. None of their numbers were correct. Even at the worst of sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars' assertions that an ice age was started(an AGW deniar lie of 10 years), proper comparisons, showed only a 15% increase. By the end of 2013, the Arctic sea ice was only 1% greater. Presently, Arctic sea ice VOLUME is 1% less than normal for this decade.
/////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" knows all this. But, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" is a sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liar continues to stonewall.
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" earns its name, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully".
/////////
"drag its goony face" fluffed:
You religious nuts sure do get.....
/////////
litesong wrote:
Glad "drag its goony face" doesn't believe:
As for 2013 Arctic sea ice, sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars squawked that sea ice increased by 50%.... even 60%. Later, sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars reduced that amount to 30%. None of their numbers were correct. Even at the worst of sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars' assertions that an ice age was started(an AGW deniar lie of 10 years), proper comparisons, showed only a 15% increase. By the end of 2013, the Arctic sea ice was only 1% greater. Presently, Arctic sea ice VOLUME is 1% less than normal for this decade.
/////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" knows all this. But, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" is a sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liar, who continues to stonewall.
I ain't its teacher, & from whom it failed to learn, the first go around. "drag its goony face" can't be smarter than its lack of science, chemistry, astronomy, physics & pre-calc in a poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-ploomaa, would truly indicate.
/////////
"drag its goony face" fluffed:
You really are one angry.......
//////////
litesong wrote:
"drag its goony face" has no answer for:
////////

“bar0ckalypse N0W”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#185 May 7, 2014
Pentagon Paid $150 Per Gallon for 'Green' Jet Fuel...
Christsharia Law

Philadelphia, PA

#186 May 7, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
Pentagon Paid $150 Per Gallon for 'Green' Jet Fuel...
Hey Birther, your Benghazi moniker alerts us that you will post things without understanding or caring to how you are distorting them.

The fuel you reference, which is also reported as going for $59 a gallon, is part of a "pilot" program to meet future needs at reduced cost, and with more secure sourcing (algae.)

If you had any clue you would know you are purposefully presenting this issue as though all fuel bought by the Pentagon is this fuel. But since you don't know anything we can't exactly say you're lying on purpose about it.

It's a research project.

If tee baggrz and fundies were actually upset about Pentagon fuel costs then they'd have been demanding military and thus fuel cuts in the budget for decades. They have not been. Meanwhile, whether at market prices or not, the US military remains one of the globe's largest users of fuels....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min Crazy Jae 21,355
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min replaytime 117,341
I Like..... (Mar '14) 18 min Crazy Jae 373
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 19 min wichita-rick 147,615
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 47 min Crazy Jae 1,374
Big dawg 48 min Princess Hey 588
*=* Hoosier Hillbilly *=* 52 min Princess Hey 144
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 6,370
Woman Held in Jail for Weeks Over SpaghettiOs 2 hr NOM s Waffle House 9
Official: Oklahoma beheading suspect a bit 'weird' 4 hr Streetrunner 33