Federal report: Warming is disrupting...

Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs

There are 1084 comments on the Cape Breton Post story from May 6, 2014, titled Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs. In it, Cape Breton Post reports that:

Global warming is rapidly turning America into a stormy and dangerous place, with rising seas and disasters costing citizens from flood-stricken Florida to the wildfire-ravaged West, according to a new U.S. federal scientific report.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cape Breton Post.

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#126 May 7, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>lol
face it, son, you really hate america. why don't you go somewhere else?
No, but you do. So beat it. Kiss the dust of Mexico.

See my previous post.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#127 May 7, 2014
Christsharia Law wrote:
<quoted text>
You need a basic, third grade education.
It's not Gore. It's every qualified scientist on the globe.
But I don't think you're a troll. I think you're genuinely uneducated and genuinely driven by anti rationality.
No thanks. I have no desire to regress from my current level of education. You're proof-positive that getting kicked out of the third grade and failing to receive your GED leads to a life of following and not being able to think for yourself.

“Taste great in milk!”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

#128 May 7, 2014
Commander Bunny wrote:
"Man" is just a tiny little flea on this dirtclod.
It's true, there's a whole hell of a lot more bunnies than humans.

“Taste great in milk!”

Level 9

#129 May 7, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars,.
Huh?, is that non-pro/anti-con, or what?

“BET DAP”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#130 May 7, 2014
Commander Bunny wrote:
"Man" is just a tiny little flea on this dirtclod.
LOL
Exactly!
To put it in another perspective....the U.S. represents only 1.9% of the total surface area on Earth. With that said.....we're supposed to believe that in about 100 years time we've caused global catastrophes and climate upheaval to a planet that has endured much worse over vastly longer time periods and has evolved and changed constantly for over 4.5 billion years!!!
The hubris of alarmists is pretty alarming, don't you think?

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#131 May 7, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
As for 2013 Arctic sea ice, sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars squawked that sea ice increased by 50%.... even 60%. Later, sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars reduced that amount to 30%. None of their numbers were correct. Even at the worst of sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars' assertions that an ice age was started(an AGW deniar lie of 10 years), proper comparisons, showed only a 15% increase. By the end of 2013, the Arctic sea ice was only 1% greater. Presently, Arctic sea ice VOLUME is 1% less than normal for this decade.
/////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" knows all this. But, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" is a sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liar continues to stonewall.
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" earns its name, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully".
You religious nuts sure do get angry when others decline to follow your brand of religion. You guys make Middle East Muslims appear to be sane.

“Taste great in milk!”

Level 9

#132 May 7, 2014
Well, I'm bored, gotta start y burn-pile ,before the libs ban that completely.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#133 May 7, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>So vacate this land that you hate so much!
I personally love my country, son!

I wouldn't change a thing!

Why do you try?

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#134 May 7, 2014
Adrian Godsafe MSc wrote:
One of the main interest points about the mode change has been the sudden drop in frequency of large Caribbean hurricanes. For the record the Katrina event (that ended the bush presidency) occurred in climate mode#2 Remember that one? it was one of number of large caribbean hurricanes in that year.
Some loony alarmist claimed on this thread or another that Obama's report claimed increased hurricanes over the last 5 decades due to AGW. The reality is that since the 1850's the U.S. has had 288 hurricanes that hit land and caused damage. That averages out to be 18 per decade. Since the 1950's we have averaged only 16 per decade.

Is the additional co2 helping??

:-D
More study

Tacoma, WA

#135 May 7, 2014
Christsharia Law wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're incorrect and dissembling.
There is no controversy in the qualified scientific community that the climate change is human caused.
We (educated persons) know this because similar warmings are not happening on nearby planets. It's not solar.
The current climate changes are happening far, far faster than any of the previous ones which took place absent human inputs. The current changes are dissimilar.
You are ignorant and lying and proud of it.
WOW!!!!!!

You really are a piece of shit. Aren't you? You demean those that deny climate change and those that acknowledge it. At least you're an equal opportunity piece of shit. Good luck convincing anyone that climate change is real and that man has a part in causing it with that attitude.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#136 May 7, 2014
Commander Bunny wrote:
"Man-made" global warming.....hahahaha
That's pretty funny.
No, it's really machine made. You're a contributor.
Survey Sez

Owensboro, KY

#137 May 7, 2014
Science Channel

People produce a great deal of carbon dioxide (CO2) from many different sources, and most of this CO2 ends up in the atmosphere. As of 2002, for example, there were 531 million cars worldwide [source: World Watch]. Each of those cars, on average, produces 20 pounds of carbon dioxide for every gallon of gas it consumes [source: United States Dept. of Energy]. A great deal of our electricity is generated by coal-fired power plants as well, and they are are some of the worst polluters.

When you factor in other sources of CO2, such as cow manure and cleared forests,the U.S. Department of Energy estimates that humans are responsible each year for emitting nearly 6 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#138 May 7, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks. I have no desire to regress from my current level of education. You're proof-positive that getting kicked out of the third grade and failing to receive your GED leads to a life of following and not being able to think for yourself.
Dragoon, I'm going to ask you a couple of serious questions. No insults or putdowns. Could you explain your reasoning for denying the existence of man-made global warming? Surely, you are aware that virtually every qualified climatologist says it is real. Do you honestly believe that all these scientists are in on some sort of conspiracy? What kind of evidence could make you a believer?
litesong

Everett, WA

#139 May 7, 2014
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
.so you're now stu.....
As a group, sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars have less science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in their poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas, even including U-knee-ver-city grad-U-ated "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully".

"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" earns its name, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully".
litesong

Everett, WA

#140 May 7, 2014
litesong wrote:
As for 2013 Arctic sea ice, sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars squawked that sea ice increased by 50%.... even 60%. Later, sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars reduced that amount to 30%. None of their numbers were correct. Even at the worst of sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars' assertions that an ice age was started(an AGW deniar lie of 10 years), proper comparisons, showed only a 15% increase. By the end of 2013, the Arctic sea ice was only 1% greater. Presently, Arctic sea ice VOLUME is 1% less than normal for this decade.
/////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" knows all this. But, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" is a sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liar continues to stonewall.
/////////
"drag its goony face" fluffed:
You religious nuts sure do get.....
/////////
litesong wrote:
Glad "drag its goony face" doesn't believe:

/////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" knows all this. But, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" is a sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liar, who continues to stonewall.

I ain't its teacher, & from whom it failed to learn, the first go around. "drag its goony face" can't be smarter than its lack of science, chemistry, astronomy, physics & pre-calc in a poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-ploomaa, would truly indicate.
litesong

Everett, WA

#141 May 7, 2014
Correction: DEE-ploomaa should be DEE-plooomaa.
litesong

Everett, WA

#142 May 7, 2014
more AGW denier liar study wrote:
You demean those that deny climate change.....
Sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars have less science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in their poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas & should be demeaned.
litesong

Everett, WA

#143 May 7, 2014
Survey Sez wrote:
Science Channel
People produce a great deal of carbon dioxide (CO2) from many different sources, and most of this CO2 ends up in the atmosphere. As of 2002, for example, there were 531 million cars worldwide [source: World Watch]. Each of those cars, on average, produces 20 pounds of carbon dioxide for every gallon of gas it consumes [source: United States Dept. of Energy]. A great deal of our electricity is generated by coal-fired power plants as well, and they are are some of the worst polluters.
When you factor in other sources of CO2, such as cow manure and cleared forests,the U.S. Department of Energy estimates that humans are responsible each year for emitting nearly 6 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide.
Good posting! Including emissions to get fuel to gas stations, vehicle emissions become ~ 28-29 lbs per gallon.

Also, the DOE is probably referring to U.S. emissions of CO2. World-wide, a rate of 3.5+ trillion tons of CO2 per century are produced.
Mechanic

Marthaville, LA

#144 May 7, 2014
Well I can do my part and roof my house with solar panels from Solyndra,,,,
oh, wait a minute,,,
Never mind!!!
Mechanic

Marthaville, LA

#145 May 7, 2014
Or maybe I could buy one of those new Tesla electric cars,,
oh, wait a minute,,,
it costs more than I paid for my house..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Song Title Game (Jul '10) 4 min Judy 123 15,976
Word Association (Mar '10) 5 min SweLL GirL 22,708
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 6 min Bovenzi13 2,954
Play "end of the name"... (Jun '15) 12 min Princess Hey 3,057
Name something that gets past around (Feb '14) 17 min Judy 123 1,000
Who don't you trust on offbeat ? (Sep '12) 18 min Princess Hey 55
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 20 min Princess Hey 150,485
What's one thing you appreciate in your life? 21 min Judy 123 579
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 34 min Judy 123 224,544
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr Ferrerman 29,100