Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs

May 6, 2014 Full story: Cape Breton Post 1,084

Global warming is rapidly turning America into a stormy and dangerous place, with rising seas and disasters costing citizens from flood-stricken Florida to the wildfire-ravaged West, according to a new U.S. federal scientific report.

Read more

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#106 May 7, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
\
In fact, the NCA’s report, compiled by hundreds of scientists, largely agreed with a United Nations study attributing climate change to human activities.
a study showed that immigrants produce 4 times more co2 in the u.s. than they would in their own country of origin.

are you going to support building a wall now, son?

hard choices and bad outcomes will come from this hoax! those poor immigrants just wanted a better life. alas.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#107 May 7, 2014
The effects of climate change on Earth can be seen clearly in photos taken by satellites in space, and those images are vital tools in protecting our home planet, NASA chief Charles Bolden wrote today (May 6).

Bolden's comments, which were released on his NASA blog, followed the release of the Third U.S. National Climate Assessment report today by the White House. According to the report, the fallout from human-induced climate change will result in more extreme weather events, longer and hotter summers and other extreme regional effects. Some of those effects, like more frequent wildfires and coastal flooding, are visible from space.

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#108 May 7, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Where's the evidence?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new s/article-2415191/And-global-C OOLING-Return-Arctic-ice-cap-g rows-29-year.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-w...

here you go, shug.

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#109 May 7, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
You demean people who had more science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc than you ever had. Your simple questions were answered there, but you avoided those classes, even in your U-knee-ver-city. Of course, scientists with 10-16 years more training in science & mathematics than you got, you don' listen to.
are you claiming to be more educated than me, you mean little bird killer?!?!

funny thing....your posts are always of the juvenile sandbox variety.

for someone who claims to be smart....why are your repetitive posts always so stupid?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#110 May 7, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>a study showed that immigrants produce 4 times more co2 in the u.s. than they would in their own country of origin.
are you going to support building a wall now, son?
hard choices and bad outcomes will come from this hoax! those poor immigrants just wanted a better life. alas.
And 4 times more cancer.. How is that for better life?

P.S. My evidence is for the Japanese immigrants.
litesong

Everett, WA

#111 May 7, 2014
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
antarctic ice caps aren't melting.....arctic ice grew last year, too!
Of course, recent antarctic ice caps are less than what they were.
https://www.skepticalscience.com/antarctica-g...

As for 2013 Arctic sea ice, sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars squawked that sea ice increased by 50%.... even 60%. Later, sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars reduced that amount to 30%. None of their numbers were correct. Even at the worst of sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars' assertions that an ice age was started(an AGW deniar lie of 10 years), proper comparisons, showed only a 15% increase. By the end of 2013, the Arctic sea ice was only 1% greater. Presently, Arctic sea ice VOLUME is 1% less than normal for this decade.
/////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" knows all this. But, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" is a sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liar continues to stonewall.

"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" earns its name, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully".
litesong

Everett, WA

#112 May 7, 2014
are you claiming to be more educated than me....
I have far more science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, calculus than you have, which you have admitted by omission, you have no U-knee-ver-city levels of such.

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#113 May 7, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
The effects of climate change on Earth can be seen clearly in photos taken by satellites in space, and those images are vital tools in protecting our home planet, NASA chief Charles Bolden wrote today (May 6).
Bolden's comments, which were released on his NASA blog, followed the release of the Third U.S. National Climate Assessment report today by the White House. According to the report, the fallout from human-induced climate change will result in more extreme weather events, longer and hotter summers and other extreme regional effects. Some of those effects, like more frequent wildfires and coastal flooding, are visible from space.
LOL

this charles bolden?

litesong

Everett, WA

#114 May 7, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new s/article-2415191/And-global-C OOLING-Return-Arctic-ice-cap-g rows-29-year.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-w...
here you go, shug.
As for 2013 Arctic sea ice, sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars squawked that sea ice increased by 50%.... even 60%. Later, sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars reduced that amount to 30%. None of their numbers were correct. Even at the worst of sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars' assertions that an ice age was started(an AGW deniar lie of 10 years), proper comparisons, showed only a 15% increase. By the end of 2013, the Arctic sea ice was only 1% greater. Presently, Arctic sea ice VOLUME is 1% less than normal for this decade.
/////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" knows all this. But, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" is a sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liar continues to stonewall.

"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" earns its name, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully".

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#115 May 7, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, recent antarctic ice caps are less than what they were.
https://www.skepticalscience.com/antarctica-g...
i see why you're so uninformed. skepticalscience? really?

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/arc...

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#116 May 7, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
I have far more science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, calculus than you have, which you have admitted by omission, you have no U-knee-ver-city levels of such.
you have a kweer way of proving that bogus claim, son!

LMAO@U, idiot!

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#117 May 7, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>And 4 times more cancer.. How is that for better life?
P.S. My evidence is for the Japanese immigrants.
lol

face it, son, you really hate america. why don't you go somewhere else?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#118 May 7, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
LoL.
Up in smoke, or under water? You doofuses sure are confused.
Well, at least you realize there's more than one of me. You're outnumbered. Be grateful.
litesong

Everett, WA

#119 May 7, 2014
for someone who claims to be smart....why are your repetitive posts always so stupid?
I repeat the accurate truth that sounds stupid, because the accurate descriptions of sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars, show their stupidity.

Repeating, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" earns its name, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully".

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Level 3

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#120 May 7, 2014
Instigator wrote:
"...the average man in the street, a sensible chap who by now can smell the signs of an oversold environmental campaign from miles away, is beginning to suspect that it is politics rather than science which is driving the issue."
And then continues with this:
"Science changed dramatically in the 1970s, when the reward structure in the profession began to revolve around the acquisition of massive amounts of taxpayer funding that was external to the normal budgets of the universities and federal laboratories. In climate science, this meant portraying the issue in dire terms, often in alliance with environmental advocacy organizations. Predictably, scientists (and their institutions) became addicted to the wealth, fame, and travel in the front of the airplane:
"A new and rewarding research lifestyle emerged which involved the giving of advice to all types and levels of government, the broadcasting of unchallengeable opinion to the general public, and easy justification for attendance at international conferences -- this last in some luxury by normal scientific experience, and at a frequency previously unheard of."
Every incentive reinforced this behavior, as the self-selected community of climate boffins now began to speak for both science and in the service of drastic regulatory policies. In the measured tones of the remarkably lucid and precise writer that he is, Paltridge explains how the corner got painted:
"The trap was fully sprung when many of the world's major national academies of science (such as the Royal Society in the UK, the National Academy of Sciences in the USA and the Australian Academy of Science) persuaded themselves to issue reports giving support to the conclusions of the IPCC [the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change]. The reports were touted as national assessments that were supposedly independent of the IPCC and of each other, but of necessity were compiled with the assistance of, and in some cases at the behest of, many of the scientists involved in the IPCC international machinations. In effect, the academies, which are the most prestigious of the institutions of science, formally nailed their colors to the mast of the politically correct.
Since that time three or four years ago, there has been no comfortable way for the scientific community to raise the specter of serious uncertainty about the forecasts of climatic disaster."
Michaels closing quote from the Paltridge article is this:
"In the light of all this, we have at least to consider the possibility that the scientific establishment behind the global warming issue has been drawn into the trap of seriously overstating the climate problem -- or, what is much the same thing, of seriously understating the uncertainties associated with the climate problem -- in its effort to promote the cause. It is a particularly nasty trap in the context of science, because it risks destroying, perhaps for centuries to come, the unique and hard-won reputation for honesty which is the basis of society's respect for scientific endeavor."
Garth Paltridge
More about the author of this quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garth_Paltridge
I Like that one.

Just about sums up the thread...

Have a nice day: Ag

“I'll paint any car,”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

For $99.99

#121 May 7, 2014
"Man-made" global warming.....hahahaha

That's pretty funny.

“I'll paint any car,”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

For $99.99

#122 May 7, 2014
"Man" is just a tiny little flea on this dirtclod.

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#123 May 7, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat the accurate truth that sounds stupid, because the accurate descriptions of sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars, show their stupidity.
Repeating, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" earns its name, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully".
lol....so you're now stupidly excusing your stupidity with a stupid lie.

hoooray....you just got the stupid trifecta in one post!

what a complete dumbazz your mom squeezed out!!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#124 May 7, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
this charles bolden?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0QtRIOSzxEUXX
So vacate this land that you hate so much!

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Level 3

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#125 May 7, 2014
Out of interest: we are still in Climate mode#3

Has not changed since april 2012 (was mode#2 before then).

One of the main interest points about the mode change has been the sudden drop in frequency of large Caribbean hurricanes. For the record the Katrina event (that ended the bush presidency) occurred in climate mode#2 Remember that one? it was one of number of large caribbean hurricanes in that year.

The other main interest point has been the prevalence of high pressure cells over the Can-Am region as a result of skew of the polar vortex (N. & S hemisphere) toward the antipodes of the Asia-pacific hot pool. Gets a mite hot in summer & a mite cold in winter (dry in both cases).

Good news for the USA in particular is that the weather evens out to belt type as the Earth warms up while still in mode#3. Rate of warming in mode#3 however is slower than predicted models (mode#2) as it is more efficient @ distributing heat.

Still have the 2nd peak of the solar max to go through before a solar min cooling event (assuming a large volcano does not do the biz first), so will be heating up the argumentative winged molluscs (genus unknown) for several (expect 4 or 5) more years.

Will still hear the same old arguments by then.

ps: for the newbies... I Got my bloody stupid nickname thanks to the UK Labour party whom wanted exploitable graduate debt @ all costs including silly name calling where debt was not present. It was to facilitate removal from the milkround in my M.Sc subject of petroleum geology while I was still in university passing my exams (I found out about it layter with a 100% blacklist & political blockade preventing all employment.
I am one of the few with a silly nickname still left alive.

Have a nice day: Ag

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christian Metal Hangout (Nov '10) 4 min Wolftracks 6
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min wichita-rick 159,949
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 11 min Princess Hey 78,572
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min Chimney1 155,196
Add 2 Letters to Complete a Word 14 min andet1987 415
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 16 min Princess Hey 4,618
3 Word Sentence (each word, one syllable only) 20 min Tonk 101 322
Poll Can single Men be friends with Married Women? (Jun '12) 23 min Beautiful Black M... 251
Word Association (Jun '10) 32 min Mega Monster 27,013
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 40 min David0407 8,237
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 3 hr NinaRocks 18,025
More from around the web