Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs

May 6, 2014 Full story: Cape Breton Post 1,084

Global warming is rapidly turning America into a stormy and dangerous place, with rising seas and disasters costing citizens from flood-stricken Florida to the wildfire-ravaged West, according to a new U.S. federal scientific report.

Full Story

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#730 May 19, 2014
Wow..PA ..this is really disheartening..you basically justy sucked today on this one....perhaps you are losing the passion..takes a lot of energy to keep up and actually have ....well, you know...facts..

Never mind, I'm just busting your ball..

you obviously are not in control here cause I already told ya about the birther thing and that I don't believe in God and yet you keep going back to those statements...lol...

time to retire PA..you just are not going to be good enough..
Now, there was this troll, called itself Noah ( and about any other word it could think of as it got banned again and again )...now that troll was good...really good !!..you..just a parrot with the same old gibberish, day after day..
litesong

Everett, WA

#731 May 19, 2014
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" gushed:
what is this gibberish?
//////////
"Pope Benedickt" wrote:
Birthers and Creationists need constant hand holding. Even when being taught to weave baskets.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Oh.....oh.....oh. "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" can help! "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" has 2 degrees. One may be in basket weaving, with a possible second degree in basket selling.

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#732 May 19, 2014
Pope Benedickt wrote:
<quoted text>
Far from being clever, your post shows you literally cannot understand information.
....but i'm a quick study on bullshyterz.

look, dude, you're not going to gain any traction by claiming you're smarter than others you disagree with. in fact, it makes you look silly.

try to learn....don't buy into the political hype.....think for yourself. there's no reason for you to be in a tizzy fit!!

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2014/05...

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#733 May 19, 2014
litesong wrote:
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" gushed:
what is this gibberish?
//////////
"Pope Benedickt" wrote:
Birthers and Creationists need constant hand holding. Even when being taught to weave baskets.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Oh.....oh.....oh. "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" can help! "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" has 2 degrees. One may be in basket weaving, with a possible second degree in basket selling.
the dog pecker gnat is back!!!!

how many innocent birds did you kill today with your pellet gun, sicko? btw.....do your environmental buttbuddies know you do that? and don't lie that the audubon society praised you for it either. that's the biggest pile of camel dung you've ever thrown on the forum.

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#734 May 19, 2014
Pope Benedickt wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationist, I enjoy no-content, right wing trolls.
btw, boy....why is it my job to teach you? why do you demand from other posters what you've never done? is your idea of content dismissing everyone on the thread with a different view as being religious?
are you as retarded as litethong?
you don't seem any brighter from where i stand, son.
Pope Benedickt

Philadelphia, PA

#735 May 19, 2014
justaguess wrote:
cause I already told ya about the birther thing and that I don't believe in God
Naturally that Birther denial is not plausible based on your mini bio line.

And as I explained before, if you don't believe in gawd or that the earth is under 10000 years old then your compadres in science denial will tell you that you're going to go to hell.

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#736 May 19, 2014
Pope Benedickt wrote:
<quoted text>
And as I explained before, if you don't believe in gawd or that the earth is under 10000 years old then your compadres in science denial will tell you that you're going to go to hell.
this isn't "just a guess", but most everyone here isn't in it for approval or friendships, son.

please don't tell me that's why you're here!!!
Pope Benedickt

Philadelphia, PA

#737 May 19, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>this isn't "just a guess", but most everyone here isn't in it for approval or friendships, son.
please don't tell me that's why you're here!!!
Oh, but you already know, Cletus. I'm here because I don't like anti rational, religious freeeks and other right wing spawn.

But as I explained they're your allies.(Except they think you're going to hell. Allies apart from that.)

Who said anything about friends? They think you're going to burn for all eternity, and that is not a reference to climate change, "son."

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#739 May 20, 2014
Pope Benedickt wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on my mini bio line..??...LOLOLOL..

So, you agree that I am New & Improved too..???

From now on your new Topix Tau Chi name will be Flounder !
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#740 May 20, 2014
justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on my mini bio line..??...LOLOLOL..
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son!" ~ Dean Vernon Wormer

hahaha
Survey Sez

Owensboro, KY

#741 May 20, 2014
A team of scientists from the UK Centre for Polar Observation and Modelling, led by researchers at the University of Leeds, have produced the first complete assessment of Antarctic ice sheet elevation change.

They used measurements collected by the European Space Agency's CryoSat-2 satellite mission, which carries an altimeter specially designed for this task.

On average West Antarctica lost 134 gigatonnes of ice, East Antarctica three gigatonnes, and the Antarctic Peninsula 23 gigatonnes in each year between 2010 and 2013 - a total loss of 159 gigatonnes (159 billion metric tons) each year.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#742 May 20, 2014
Survey Sez wrote:
A team of scientists from the UK Centre for Polar Observation and Modelling, led by researchers at the University of Leeds, have produced the first complete assessment of Antarctic ice sheet elevation change.
They used measurements collected by the European Space Agency's CryoSat-2 satellite mission, which carries an altimeter specially designed for this task.
On average West Antarctica lost 134 gigatonnes of ice, East Antarctica three gigatonnes, and the Antarctic Peninsula 23 gigatonnes in each year between 2010 and 2013 - a total loss of 159 gigatonnes (159 billion metric tons) each year.
What's the cost associated with this outcome?
Survey Sez

Owensboro, KY

#743 May 20, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>What's the cost associated with this outcome?
Coastal flood damages are expected to increase significantly during the 21st century as sea levels rise and socioeconomic development increases the number of people and value of assets in the coastal floodplain.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#744 May 20, 2014
Survey Sez wrote:
<quoted text>
Coastal flood damages are expected to increase significantly during the 21st century as sea levels rise and socioeconomic development increases the number of people and value of assets in the coastal floodplain.
AND:

A major insurance company is accusing dozens of localities in Illinois of failing to prepare for severe rains and flooding in lawsuits that are the first in what could be a wave of litigation over who should be liable for the possible costs of climate change.

Farmers Insurance filed nine class actions last month against nearly 200 communities in the Chicago area. It is arguing that local governments should have known rising global temperatures would lead to heavier rains and did not do enough to fortify their sewers and stormwater drains.

QED, cost of doing business rises with losses.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#745 May 21, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Global.
Global climate change.
[The globe is our world.]
World's climate is changing due to fossil fuel burning.
[This is the first ever man-made global climate change.in the universe 's history.]
naaaa...http://www.longrangewe ather.com/global_temperatures. htm

you can pretty well correlate any relative short term weather phenomena with virtually any increased activity that happens to be rising at the time of a warming or cooling trend. You can even connect weather trends to fashion designs. That's why long term historical data of the past is so crucial to come to the correct assessment of any long term phenomena such as changing weather patterns.

Location hidden

#746 May 21, 2014

Location hidden

#747 May 21, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Global.
Global climate change.
[The globe is our world.]
World's climate is changing due to fossil fuel burning.
[This is the first ever man-made global climate change.in the universe 's history.]
Although man made activities may contribute to global climate change, the impact of the contribution is miniscule compared to the natural forces at work, such as solar flux and volcanoes.
Doh

Salt Lake City, UT

#748 May 21, 2014
Let's see if I've got this right. So far,(731 posts later), the only agreement is, everyone is a stoopid poopie head.

“bar0ckalypse N0W”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#749 May 21, 2014
POLL: 47% of Unemployed Have 'Completely Given Up' Looking for a Job...

RECORD 10,996,447 ON DISABILITY...

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#750 May 22, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
POLL: 47% of Unemployed Have 'Completely Given Up' Looking for a Job...
RECORD 10,996,447 ON DISABILITY...
The folks not working contribute less to "global warming," so do they get carbon credits? I read that the disablity payments have increased so much that the program will be out of money soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fake book titles game (Feb '10) 3 min Mechanic 4,121
What are the most memorable sayings your parent... (Sep '12) 4 min liam cul8r 305
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min CJ Rocker 147,091
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min reporterreport 116,650
30,000 post wins (May '13) 13 min Nobody 2 Special 1,773
Police: Video shows man used banana to rob store 19 min JailBroke 10
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 20 min Sublime1 20,177
I Like..... (Mar '14) 2 hr The Paisan 317
It Takes 7 Police Agencies to Break Up Wedding ... 2 hr MAYOR DYSASTER 9
Stolen Jaguar Found 46 Years Later 4 hr Pile Of Junk 6
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••