Federal report: Warming is disrupting...

Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs

There are 1084 comments on the Cape Breton Post story from May 6, 2014, titled Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs. In it, Cape Breton Post reports that:

Global warming is rapidly turning America into a stormy and dangerous place, with rising seas and disasters costing citizens from flood-stricken Florida to the wildfire-ravaged West, according to a new U.S. federal scientific report.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cape Breton Post.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#709 May 17, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Global.
Global climate change.
[The globe is our world.]
World's climate is changing due to fossil fuel burning.
[This is the first ever man-made global climate change.in the universe 's history.]
the whole big ole rock gives you room for error, huh, son??

you'll still lose, fuquestick.

haa haa haa

you'll wake up someday and wonder why, how, and where you wasted your life. the true horror of it all is that the GOP (which is the alarmist anti-christ) will be in power of the white house or the senate.

sux to be a blind ideologue.

learn to think for yourself, smegma-man.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#710 May 17, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Were/are you in Australia?
Did you do x's and o's before?
are you litetong's female alter ego?
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#711 May 17, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>are you like......11?
A person who posts the stuff you do should not be asking a question like that one.

Here, see for yourself:

"It's as if Toto is explaining to Dorothy why she should hang onto the house while it was in tornado foreclosure..Bwahahahahahahaha .."
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#712 May 17, 2014
justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
Who care what you think, You.?
You're a know nothing Birther and a bigot. You climate deniers and homophobes (usually the same group, along with fundies and anti vaccine people,) are outliers from educated society now.

Which means you'll realize it about six years hence.
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#713 May 17, 2014
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Climate change? What is that? I always thought the climate was always changing.
It's been explained multiple times here, for starters.

Right wingers merely have a studied, proud dislike of information and rationality.

Unfortunately, it's not clear that climate change deniers are on the whole an older demographic, as homophobes are, so their climate change denial will probably be harder to overcome.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#714 May 17, 2014
Pat Robertson s Fatwass wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a know nothing Birther and a bigot. You climate deniers and homophobes (usually the same group, along with fundies and anti vaccine people,) are outliers from educated society now.
LOL..and in six years you'll be still hearing..

Like now..

Bwahahahahahahahah..

what a simple little brainwashed mind you have..good dog...good dog...It must be really lonely to be in youth and hanging out on some insignificant little web site pushing your lame agenda on a Saturday night...LOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOL..

Time to punch the clown & call it a night huh..??

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Formerly From Kenya

#715 May 17, 2014
Ohhhhh WAIT..!!!

Let's all go over to the GAY football players thready and see how you're doing there....I'm sure you had to 'Check' in just to clear the board & get in your last rhetorical chants..

Michael Sam is my shepherd I shall not want.
He maketh me to bend down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his teams sake..

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#716 May 17, 2014
<quoted text>
A person who posts the stuff you do should not be asking a question like that one.
Here, see for yourself:
"It's as if Toto is explaining to Dorothy why she should hang onto the house while it was in tornado foreclosure..Bwahahahahahahaha .."
you already used that line today, son.

are you having trouble with thinking of something original? did you like that comment and steal it from someone else?

haa haa haa

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#717 May 17, 2014
<quoted text>
i gotta a hunch your 6 year prediction will end up like most climate change forecasts.....grossly overstated. in basic terms....incorrect.

lol

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#718 May 17, 2014
<quoted text>
It's been explained multiple times here, for starters.
Right wingers merely have a studied, proud dislike of information and rationality.
Unfortunately, it's not clear that climate change deniers are on the whole an older demographic, as homophobes are, so their climate change denial will probably be harder to overcome.
you are a 'ute', after all, it seems! don't worry, son, you might grow out of it.
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#719 May 17, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i gotta a hunch your 6 year prediction will end up like most climate change forecasts.....grossly overstated. in basic terms....incorrect.
lol
Well, it's true that the truly, gleefully ignorant may never figure it out. They'll just die off from the population. So you may have a point that my six year prediction is too flattering to the ignoramuses.

But whatever, the climate change denial is going to hang on in force longer than the homophobia will, even though for now there's substantial overlap between the two cohorts.

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Hoosierville

#720 May 18, 2014
Director of New Mega-Monster Movie “Godzilla” Pushes Global Warming Fright Agenda

Gareth Edwards, the director of the new monster-budget “Godzilla” flick, recently told an interviewer that “humanity has abused its position in the world” and that he sought to make viewers feel that “we’ve been asking for this.”

The message-driven Mr. Edwards continued to clarify his point of view, telling another website that Godzilla is a god, protecting mankind against and/or punishing mankind for, climate change.

“…through our abuse of nature, we inadvertently bring [these monsters] back to the world.” Not only did we cause this to happen, he continued,“we deserved it.”

In a Newsbusters.com look at the movie that opens today (Friday, May 16), writer Sean Long tells us that quite a few reviewers have pointed to the radical environmental themes or suggestions that romp and stomp loudly through the film.

…including the Latin Times’s Phillip Martinez who called “Godzilla” a “life lesson on how man has ‘tarnished’ nature.” In addition, USA Today’s Claudia Puig described Godzilla as “nature’s imposing defense weapon” against “the arrogance of humans,” and Wired Magazine’s Angela Watercutter portrayed the monster as “a physical form for human fears that we’ve run roughshod over the Earth.”

Still, I must confess, I will go see the movie with my son…because it just looks cool!

BTW, Director Gareth Edwards was also behind the 2005 production “End Day“, a rather depressing docudrama that depicts various doomsday scenarios.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#722 May 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Well, it's true that the truly, gleefully ignorant may never figure it out. They'll just die off from the population. So you may have a point that my six year prediction is too flattering to the ignoramuses.
But whatever, the climate change denial is going to hang on in force longer than the homophobia will, even though for now there's substantial overlap between the two cohorts.
what is this gibberish? were you drunk when you posted this?

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Formerly From Kenya

#723 May 18, 2014
Geee, another federal prediction report..Shouldn't it have the disclaimer pasted on the front page..ya know something like
"We have to pass carbon taxing before we can know what this report says"

Time to show em the historical documents !

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Pope Benedickt

Philadelphia, PA

#724 May 19, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>what is this gibberish? were you drunk when you posted this?
It was perfectly clear but I realize Birthers and Creationists need constant hand holding. Even when being taught to weave baskets.

You can chart homophobia's virtual demise in the US, because we know the homophobes are concentrated in the older, less well educated and more "uber" religious parts of the population.(I made the mistake of using the big word, "demographics." My bad.)

Climate change denial - a phenomenon utterly unique to the United States - is not going to be so easy to overcome. It doesn't have the same age skew, and there's powerful, rich forces pushing it.

However, I am sure that climate change deniers in the aggregate tend to be under educated as with homophobes. I just don't know if anyone has done the polling on this, specifically.
Pope Benedickt

Philadelphia, PA

#725 May 19, 2014
justaguess wrote:
Geee
Hey Birther, why do you deny being a Birther? Worried people might realize you're a loon?

Hey, are vaccines more dangerous than the diseases? You sure the earth is more than 10000 years old? And about that Creationism....

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#726 May 19, 2014
Pope Benedickt wrote:
<quoted text>
It was perfectly clear but I realize Birthers and Creationists need constant hand holding. Even when being taught to weave baskets.
You can chart homophobia's virtual demise in the US, because we know the homophobes are concentrated in the older, less well educated and more "uber" religious parts of the population.(I made the mistake of using the big word, "demographics." My bad.)
Climate change denial - a phenomenon utterly unique to the United States - is not going to be so easy to overcome. It doesn't have the same age skew, and there's powerful, rich forces pushing it.
However, I am sure that climate change deniers in the aggregate tend to be under educated as with homophobes. I just don't know if anyone has done the polling on this, specifically.
in other words.....you don't realize how stupid your opinions are because nobody bothered to poll your idiocy and let you in on the joke.
Pope Benedickt

Philadelphia, PA

#727 May 19, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>in other words....
Creationist, I enjoy no-content, right wing trolls.

You should all like the point I have made so clearly twice now: Your precious climate change denial is not going to pass away as easily as will homophobia.

Mor ons should be pleased.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#728 May 19, 2014
Pope Benedickt wrote:
<quoted text>

Mor ons should be pleased.
i'm glad you're happy.
Pope Benedickt

Philadelphia, PA

#729 May 19, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i'm glad you're happy.
Far from being clever, your post shows you literally cannot understand information.

I am annoyed that climate change denial is going to hang on, because as with asbestos and tobacco the anti rational information is well funded and coordinated, and because right wing freeeks are uneducated, particularly when it comes to science. When it comes to science they usually reach for their buybulls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association (Jun '10) 3 min Mega Monster 30,838
Word association (Jun '07) 6 min Mega Monster 4,783
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 59 min Sharlene45 194,059
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr DanFromSmithville 200,939
Word Association (Mar '10) 1 hr Mega Monster 20,624
News Miniature wall appears around Trump's Hollywood... 2 hr wichita-rick 12
One Word (Jan '09) 2 hr Mega Monster 16,590
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 2 hr Knock off purse s... 7,777
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 4 hr streetglidehoney 8,405
News 10 weird and crazy sex facts you may not know 7 hr Jack 3