Federal report: Warming is disrupting...

Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs

There are 1084 comments on the Cape Breton Post story from May 6, 2014, titled Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs. In it, Cape Breton Post reports that:

Global warming is rapidly turning America into a stormy and dangerous place, with rising seas and disasters costing citizens from flood-stricken Florida to the wildfire-ravaged West, according to a new U.S. federal scientific report.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cape Breton Post.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#668 May 16, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Ten years ago & presently, sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars have said the Earth is in an ice age, no estimate, science or mathematics, given.
Sadly for my liking, the Earth is heading toward an ice age.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#669 May 16, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.warwickhughes.com/icecore/
let your science catch up, son
i doubt you'll change your position, though, since your position has nothing to do with science, does it?
You will never catch up with any science due to your lack of science understanding, LOL.

Stop throwing around nonense as science.
Survey Sez

Owensboro, KY

#670 May 16, 2014
Global warming is making the Greenland ice cap begin to melt. If this happens rapidly, the meltwater, which is fresh, will flow into the North Atlantic and dilute the salty equatorial water. This will make it less dense and stop it from sinking. It could stop the Gulf Stream completely.

If this happened, winters in Britain could be up to 5 degrees colder. It would have a severe effect on agriculture, the economy, and wildlife in the UK.

At the same time, the Earth as a whole would continue to suffer from global warming, which could reduce the effects of localised cooling in the North Atlantic, but may not stop them completely.

The study of past climate shows that the Gulf Stream has stopped several times in the past, causing rapid climate change.

At the end of the last ice age, the melting ice disrupted the ocean currents in the North Atlantic and caused a drop in temperature of almost 5 degrees. Even though the rest of the planet was warming up, the North Atlantic region remained in a cold period for 1300 years.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#671 May 16, 2014
Jack Smith - No Nonense | Facebook

Your No-Nonense Guide To Investing In Stocks.

Sheaffer No Nonense Calligraphy Set- Right Hand Onl

Pingram.me - tag:nonense

Nonense..: Android Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

“BET DAP”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#672 May 16, 2014
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
Ten years ago & presently, sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars have said the Earth is in an ice age, no estimate, science or mathematics, given.
//////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" gushed:
Link, please....
//////////
litesong wrote:
That's how authoritative sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars are. AGW denier liars have few of their own kind who read their posts.
translation....you made the shyt up.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#673 May 16, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You will never catch up with any science due to your lack of science understanding, LOL.
Stop throwing around nonense as science.
apparently i understand science much better than you, son.
you don't even seem to have a grasp on your pseudoscience....let alone real science.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#674 May 16, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Jack Smith - No Nonense | Facebook
Your No-Nonense Guide To Investing In Stocks.
Sheaffer No Nonense Calligraphy Set- Right Hand Onl
Pingram.me - tag:nonense
Nonense..: Android Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
are you and litethong having another friday night meth slumber party again?!

LOL

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#675 May 16, 2014
Survey Sez wrote:
Global warming is making the Greenland ice cap begin to melt. If this happens rapidly, the meltwater, which is fresh, will flow into the North Atlantic and dilute the salty equatorial water. This will make it less dense and stop it from sinking. It could stop the Gulf Stream completely.
If this happened, winters in Britain could be up to 5 degrees colder. It would have a severe effect on agriculture, the economy, and wildlife in the UK.
At the same time, the Earth as a whole would continue to suffer from global warming, which could reduce the effects of localised cooling in the North Atlantic, but may not stop them completely.
The study of past climate shows that the Gulf Stream has stopped several times in the past, causing rapid climate change.
At the end of the last ice age, the melting ice disrupted the ocean currents in the North Atlantic and caused a drop in temperature of almost 5 degrees. Even though the rest of the planet was warming up, the North Atlantic region remained in a cold period for 1300 years.
proof that co2 mitigation is a futile concept.
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

#676 May 16, 2014
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I do my own research. And you would do a historical search you would find that out of season tornadoes and snowstorms are not uncommon
No, you don't do research. Someone who does research doesn't think it's called "global change."

What you do is half listen uncomprehendingly to Fox or Rush L. for confirmation of what you want to believe.

Unseasonal or bizarre storms are but one aspect of climate change. I was merely trying to explain why it's called "climate change" rather than "global warming," the latter of which you may still call it accurately.

There is no question the onset of the various seasons is changing from year to year. That is not in the historical record, not recently, not at the current pace...in case you ever actually look at the historical record.
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

#677 May 16, 2014
DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the flying F do you think Mars is?
Also, how do you know how long anything on Earth took.
You do realize they have found Mammoth flash frozen solid with grass in their stomachs ...whilst buried under some of the melting glaciers.
You Creationists are so deranged.

Mars is not experiencing climate change to anywhere near the extent or at the pace that earth is. It's not solar. And you only mention (lie about) one nearby planet, anyway.

Scientists have this thing called "an education." They can come up with an idea of how fast the climate changed in the past by using "evidence," including tree rings, geological formations, core samples from ice.

You seem to be saying in your bizarre aside that a previous ice age arrived within the space of an hour - your mammoth ate some grass and was quick frozen before he could digest it. Nutty. Insane. Not even the kooky science repository the buybull says that ice ages came in an hour.

If your mammoth existed at all what would explain that would be: mammoth eats, falls into mud or dies of natural causes. Was preserved by its surroundings, which could have included ice.(Grass and ice are not necessarily mutually exclusive.)

But to explain things like this to people who think the earth is under 10000 years old is like having a mollusk prepare your taxes.
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

#678 May 16, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm betting it sends it's
You literally have nothing to say. Just your racism, baiting, homophobia, misogyny, insults, evasion.

Meaning you're a veritable tee baggrz think tank.
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

#679 May 16, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>There has not been "an event" in one hundred years
That's because you're a disingenuous ideologue who can't tell "weather" from "climate," "blip" from "trend."

By the way, did you mention if you think the earth is more than 10000 years old?

Careful, if you say "yes" you might have all the fundies condemn you to hell.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#680 May 17, 2014
Please explain how In the 1980's the same scientists, with basically the same historical records,that declared that the earth was cooling off and was headed straight into an ice age, can do a complete 360 and state that the earth is heating up and not cooling off?

So what we have here is a credibility issue here. And what is the credibility factor of scientists who historically by their own admission, have a track record of reliability of 0%?

What is historically the margin of error here?...100%...and you want me
without question to accept this as a gospel truth?...give me a break...lol

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#681 May 17, 2014
Latter Day Taints wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you don't do research. Someone who does research doesn't think it's called "global change."
What you do is half listen uncomprehendingly to Fox or Rush L. for confirmation of what you want to believe.
Unseasonal or bizarre storms are but one aspect of climate change. I was merely trying to explain why it's called "climate change" rather than "global warming," the latter of which you may still call it accurately.
There is no question the onset of the various seasons is changing from year to year. That is not in the historical record, not recently, not at the current pace...in case you ever actually look at the historical record.
I assumed that you would have had the comprehension skills to know I was referring to the climate in reference to global change, since climate is the topic at hand...my bad.geez.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#683 May 17, 2014
Latter Day Taints wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you're a disingenuous ideologue who can't tell "weather" from "climate," "blip" from "trend."
By the way, did you mention if you think the earth is more than 10000 years old?
Careful, if you say "yes" you might have all the fundies condemn you to hell.
I'M an ideologue....when you call anyone with a different viewpoint than yours a t-bagger, son?? LMAO@U

you asked me before how old the planet was....i respnded that it was over 4.5 bln years old. do you suffer from stml?? LOL

speaking of not knowing the difference between climate and weather.....i bet you're one of the kooks who claims proof of agw everytime a tornado touches down.

bwaaahahhahahahhaaa

move along runt....you're not qualified to participate in this debate, son.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#684 May 17, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>are you and litethong having another friday night meth slumber party again?!
LOL
No, not at all but the wrong company to gossip about. The correct one is U with dc, LOL.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#685 May 17, 2014
xxxooxxx wrote:
Please explain how In the 1980's the same scientists, with basically the same historical records,that declared that the earth was cooling off and was headed straight into an ice age, can do a complete 360 and state that the earth is heating up and not cooling off?
So what we have here is a credibility issue here. And what is the credibility factor of scientists who historically by their own admission, have a track record of reliability of 0%?
What is historically the margin of error here?...100%...and you want me
without question to accept this as a gospel truth?...give me a break...lol
WRONG.

Where have you been since the 80s? Science has progressed since then with new analysis and results. read up your IPCC.com .

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#686 May 17, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>No, not at all but the wrong company to gossip about. The correct one is U with dc, LOL.
hey, giggles, who the hell is dc?

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#687 May 17, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG.
Where have you been since the 80s? Science has progressed since then with new analysis and results. read up your IPCC.com .
the results are wrong 97.4% of the time.
litesong

Everett, WA

#688 May 17, 2014
xxxooxxx wrote:
In the 1980's.....scientists..... declared that the earth was cooling off...... we have here is a credibility issue.....
In the 70's & 80's, seven papers were written about global cooling. At the same time, 44 science papers were published in Science Journals about global warming.

The credibility issue is sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars believing a wrongful, minority position from 30-40 years ago, & not the much stronger AGW science, today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How's your weather today? (Mar '12) 6 min Crazy Jae 5,519
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min Crazy Jae 169,147
The Letter B (Jun '09) 10 min andet1987 5,350
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 25 min Old Sam 19,506
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 26 min Old Sam 9,450
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 27 min Old Sam 5,103
Last two letters into two new words... 27 min andet1987 318
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 51 min andet1987 591
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Crainologist 43,331
More from around the web