Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs

May 6, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Cape Breton Post

Global warming is rapidly turning America into a stormy and dangerous place, with rising seas and disasters costing citizens from flood-stricken Florida to the wildfire-ravaged West, according to a new U.S. federal scientific report.

Comments (Page 32)

Showing posts 621 - 640 of1,082
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would have bothered to looked into the long term fluctuation of the solar cycles in correlation with global warning...but your political truths are no concern of mine...the only rubbish here is your political BS.
Making things up again.

There are not similar, significant effects on nearby planets. It's not solar.

The current effects are happening in the span of a century. Previous changes in climate took thousands of years. Your largely hallucinated solar cycles did not speed up in this way.

Greenhouse gas emissions did.
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
What is all this
We know segregationist theocrats are not going to "cotton" to science.
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

xxxooxxx wrote:
I had to laugh when they changed the name to "global change" from "global warming"...(like the weather never changed before)...
Of course now with the term "global change" they're cover any which way it goes.(lol)
You're confused right from your false premise again.

It's "climate change," not "global change."

You really have no idea about anything.

Of course global warming occurs differently in different places on the globe. It might cause an (historically) out of season tornado or snowstorm within an overall warming trend. "Climate change" reflects this.

Everyone knows this. They even know the correct phrase. What is your excuse?
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Judged:

Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
It's going to end before we can destroy it ourselves anyway, God is still in control.
Saving the planet from climate change is ‘beyond our ability
You sound like one of the muslim mullah end times clergy. By your logic about gawd being in control and there's therefore no need to worry we shouldn't bother controlling the illicit trade in nuclear materials. If gawd wants a dirty nuke to go off it will. If gawd doesn't want that it won't. Why worry?

Naturally the climate effects are human mediated. That means they can be re mediated by humans. But you can't make arguments like this to people who are so far removed from a basic education or basic logic.

By the way, are vaccines more dangerous than polio?

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Judged:

Latter Day Taints wrote:
<quoted text>
Making things up again.
The current effects are happening in the span of a century. Previous changes in climate took thousands of years. Your largely hallucinated solar cycles did not speed up in this way.
You are a freaking blithering idiot. I, myself put a post in here with an article about other planets in our solar system heating up. This has been going on for some time.

You do not read much, I take it. You seem to be happy just being spoon fed.

Crack a book open, or shut your mouth. You have totally removed all doubt when it comes to you.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Judged:

Latter Day Taints wrote:
<quoted text>
Making things up again.
Here you go, and it has pictures just in case you have trouble with the words :
http://consciouslifenews.com/solar-system-cli...
Latter Day Taints

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Judged:

DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a freaking blithering idiot. I, myself put a post in here with an article about other planets in our solar system heating up.
It is denier, junk nonsense that other planets near earth are showing the same changes as is the earth.

Whether planets are or are not _warming_ is not the point. It's whether planets nearby to earth are warming _to a similar_ extent.

Also, you earlier post about oceans having risen and fallen in the past shows the usual, complete, willful misunderstanding of the issue. Those previous warmings and coolings took millennia even to show the beginning of changes, not one century.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Judged:

Latter Day Taints wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confused right from your false premise again.
It's "climate change," not "global change."
You really have no idea about anything.
Of course global warming occurs differently in different places on the globe. It might cause an (historically) out of season tornado or snowstorm within an overall warming trend. "Climate change" reflects this.
Everyone knows this. They even know the correct phrase. What is your excuse?
Global Climate Change...Like I said, I don't pay much attention catch phases made up to appease...I do my own research. And you would do a historical search you would find that out of season tornadoes and snowstorms are not uncommon long before the industrial revolution. but whatever, I see you just want to propagate a political truth not based on true scientific data.
I really dont like to argue with people that have a hidden agenda...it serves no purpose.Gaday.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
You are a freaking blithering idiot. I, myself put a post in here with an article about other planets in our solar system heating up. This has been going on for some time.
You do not read much, I take it. You seem to be happy just being spoon fed.
Crack a book open, or shut your mouth. You have totally removed all doubt when it comes to you.
Comparing that thing to blithering idiots is an insult to blithering idiots. LoL.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Judged:

Latter Day Taints wrote:
<quoted text>
It is denier, junk nonsense that other planets near earth are showing the same changes as is the earth.
Whether planets are or are not _warming_ is not the point. It's whether planets nearby to earth are warming _to a similar_ extent.
Also, you earlier post about oceans having risen and fallen in the past shows the usual, complete, willful misunderstanding of the issue. Those previous warmings and coolings took millennia even to show the beginning of changes, not one century.
Where in the flying F do you think Mars is?

Also, how do you know how long anything on Earth took.
You do realize they have found Mammoth flash frozen solid with grass in their stomachs ...whilst buried under some of the melting glaciers. Took a bit shorter of time than a century to do this. Like a few minutes, at best a day.

http://creation.com/the-extinction-of-the-woo...

Go on moron (my nerves)....speak on...all knowing....nothing at all.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Judged:

dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Comparing that thing to blithering idiots is an insult to blithering idiots. LoL.
I realize this, but was really trying my hardest to be a bit nice.

This twitwawa is clueless to planet placement.

Or, is Topix sending it's rag out to other solar systems?

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
I realize this, but was really trying my hardest to be a bit nice.
This twitwawa is clueless to planet placement.
Or, is Topix sending it's rag out to other solar systems?
I'm betting it sends it's rag out to other solar systems, because that thing is too stupid be from anywhere on Earth, even Philadelphia.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Judged:

ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
Time destroys the speculation of men, but it confirms nature.~ Cicero
One hundred plus years before Cicero, Eratothenes calculated the Earth's diameter, over-estimating it by 15%.

One hundred plus(?) years after Cicero, Ptolemy calculated the Earth's diameter, under-estimating it be 25%.

Posidonius, about the time of Cicero, calculated the Earth's diameter, with a bit lower estimate that of Eratothenes, if the modern idea of the length of a stadium(pl. stadia) is accurate.

Time can make us marvel at the intellects of minds past. Posts by sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars make us marvel at their massive egos in their rejection of science & mathematics degrees & general withdrawal from science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas.

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
One hundred plus years before Cicero, Eratothenes calculated the Earth's diameter, over-estimating it by 15%.
One hundred plus(?) years after Cicero, Ptolemy calculated the Earth's diameter, under-estimating it be 25%.
Posidonius, about the time of Cicero, calculated the Earth's diameter, with a bit lower estimate that of Eratothenes, if the modern idea of the length of a stadium(pl. stadia) is accurate.
Time can make us marvel at the intellects of minds past. Posts by sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars make us marvel at their massive egos in their rejection of science & mathematics degrees & general withdrawal from science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas.
too bad climate hoaxsters overestimate the effects of co2, huh, peon?

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Judged:

Okay, now, let us speak about over time and raising oceans.
"It's the skull of a 16-year-old girl, dubbed Naia, who some 13,000 years ago fell into a deep cave on the Yucatan Peninsula while fetching water. Since flooded by rising sea levels, the underground layer is now called the Outland Cave and is part of a vast network called the Sac Actun cave system -- one of the largest underwater cave systems ever surveyed."
Read more: http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2014/05/16/Ar...
Someone other than me, do the math.
Interesting read. If it weren't for climate change she wouldn't have ended up on this continent. Another reason the alarmists will use to decry co2 emissions. They think they can set a thermostat for 'earf'.
LOL
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Judged:

ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
overestimate the effects of co2......?
Ten years ago & presently, sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars have said the Earth is in an ice age, no estimate, science or mathematics, given.

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Judged:

Latter Day Taints wrote:
<quoted text>
Those previous warmings and coolings took millennia even to show the beginning of changes, not one century.
There has not been "an event" in one hundred years, son. Warming has been within the realm of normal variability!

Btw, have you ever heard of the Carboniferous Rainforest Collapse....the Younger Dryas...Dansgaard-Oeschger event??

Your calling others uninformed is like Al Gore calling other people 'porkers'.

“Let's X Change!!”

Level 4

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Ten years ago & presently, sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars have said the Earth is in an ice age, no estimate, science or mathematics, given.
Link, please......or rather go away, please? There are new alarmist idiots here who actually are somewhat interesting and entertaining.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Orion's Belt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting read. If it weren't for climate change she wouldn't have ended up on this continent. Another reason the alarmists will use to decry co2 emissions. They think they can set a thermostat for 'earf'.
LOL
Thanks!
If I have learned one thing in life, it is this:

" You can lead a man to knowledge, but you can't make him think."
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Judged:

litesong wrote:
//////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" gushed:
Link, please....
//////////
litesong wrote:
That's how authoritative sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars are. AGW denier liars have few of their own kind who read their posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 621 - 640 of1,082
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••