Federal report: Warming is disrupting...

Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs

There are 1084 comments on the Cape Breton Post story from May 6, 2014, titled Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs. In it, Cape Breton Post reports that:

Global warming is rapidly turning America into a stormy and dangerous place, with rising seas and disasters costing citizens from flood-stricken Florida to the wildfire-ravaged West, according to a new U.S. federal scientific report.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cape Breton Post.

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#548 May 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Al Gore's Nobel prize is shared with the IPCC, hence with Professor Mann.
A certificate explains this, duh.
THE END!
Deniers don't get this simple truth. LOL.
Are you mad fundie

Philadelphia, PA

#549 May 14, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>you were given the list, son.
you were given the opportunity to discredit as many as you thought you could.
you show up after ducking and dodging just to continue with your 'punch drunk' posts.
why is that? is this all you have to offer, mullet?
did you stop with a g.e.d.?
There's no list of 31,000 names. Go look. It is a flat lie that there is a list of 31k "scientists. There's not even 31k cranks listed. Perhaps you cannot do numerals above 6,000, "the age of the earth in years [sic]." There is a truncated list...because qualified people cannot be found who dispute the greenhouse effect

There's no list of the alleged advanced degree holders, no academic area of studies, no peer reviewed work, nada, no content. Just like tee baggrz posts.

The very first name on the severely truncated, complete undocumented list is of a Creationist "biologist," who is in my opinion a member of a sick, "religious" cult. I think that's nutty.

None of this "list" stuff is up to high school standards of intellectual honesty or academic work.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#550 May 14, 2014
Are you mad fundie wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no list of 31,000 names. Go look. It is a flat lie that there is a list of 31k "scientists. There's not even 31k cranks listed. Perhaps you cannot do numerals above 6,000, "the age of the earth in years [sic]." There is a truncated list...because qualified people cannot be found who dispute the greenhouse effect
There's no list of the alleged advanced degree holders, no academic area of studies, no peer reviewed work, nada, no content. Just like tee baggrz posts.
The very first name on the severely truncated, complete undocumented list is of a Creationist "biologist," who is in my opinion a member of a sick, "religious" cult. I think that's nutty.
None of this "list" stuff is up to high school standards of intellectual honesty or academic work.
try to keep up, son.

here's the list again for the slow readers:

http://www.petitionproject.org/signers_by_las...

feel free to critique any of the signees.

lol

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#551 May 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Deniers don't get this simple truth. LOL.
you're the denier, son.

mann himself retracted his claim of being a nobel winner.

you being a fan club member of the baldheaded cheeto's eater just can't admit it.

lol

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#552 May 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Go back to Professor Mann's bio.
The IPCC consists of Professor Mann and other contributors. Al Gore is not a scientist and not part of the special people comprising the IPCC, like Professor Mann.
They are not like you, a lying idiot. Thus jealous and not funny.
it's funny that you insist on lying even though you know you've been had.

poor little dog pecker gnat, spacey.

i guess it's true.....it takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. you're no man, son. you're just a pistol whipped blowup bytch.
Are you mad fundie

Philadelphia, PA

#553 May 14, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>try to keep up, son.
here's the list again for the slow readers:
http://www.petitionproject.org/signers_by_las...
feel free to critique any of the signees.
lol
There's no 31k names. There's no list of the 9k names of advanced degree holders. There's no information there about the subset's education, area of work, published work.

I did criticize the very first guy on the list, who appears to be a complete kook. But not to people who think the earth is 6000 years old.

So you're a cretin. What else is new?

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#554 May 15, 2014
<quoted text>
There's no 31k names. There's no list of the 9k names of advanced degree holders. There's no information there about the subset's education, area of work, published work.
I did criticize the very first guy on the list, who appears to be a complete kook. But not to people who think the earth is 6000 years old.
So you're a cretin. What else is new?
are you too dense to open a link??

the names are there, son, within the post you replied, but lied, to!!

you can even NAVIGATE (understand that word) to a little green button where it says signee qualifications, son!

you're still a dumbazz....nothing new.

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#555 May 15, 2014
<quoted text>
No, you're not wondering. You're repeating nonsense which has been debunked and explained to your impaired kind many times.
One winter's weather in one spot on the globe is not "climate." It is weather. This is basic. Any second grader can understand what is a blip and what is a trend.
Previous coolings and warmings absent human greenhouse emissions took eons. The current changes are happening well within the span of a century.
You need to stop pretending you have questions. You have the opposite of questions: Dogma. Tee baggrz and fundies require remedial teaching whatever the subject: climate, vaccines, age of the earth, definition of Theory, data, causality, theocracy. They just don't get the basic definitions. Because it's suits them not to.
Oh. Well, I was wondering about the phenomenon of Mt. Pinatubo, and the 1 degree F global cooling effect that had, esecially as it was a modern times occurence and observed by many still alive today. In 1991, Mount Pinatubo in the Philippines produced ten times as much ash as Mount St. Helens and released more than 25 million tons of sulfur dioxide into the stratosphere. The resulting cloud - formed a wide band around the planet within about a month. Seems like the Earth recovered from that, although what is the long term effect of all the gases released by a volcano? After the ash settles, do those gases contribute to a warming trend? How accurate are the temperature readings going back 100 years, or further? How much have they been "adjusted" of guessed at? I don't want to see coastal cities drown in a rising sea, but sometimes it is the land sinking and building below sea level like New Orleans that is the problem. What can we do to get China to reduce emissions and the release of toxic waste? How much can we hamstring our economy with overzealous emissions standards while other countries pollute with actual toxic chemicals, not just CO2, 100x worse?

Level 8

Location hidden

#556 May 15, 2014
One crazy idea I had, was reversing desertification. Expanding desert in Africa seems like a real problem, it seems to propogate itself and become worse as it expands. With a combination of energy sources(wind, solar, tidal, hydro, nuclear, cleaner coal tech, natural gas) desalinize sea water(lower sea level?) and pump it to the interior to irrigate with intensive engineered efforts to replant the land to conserve the soil and moisture. If it was done right with a multinational effort, that place could be a breadbasket and I believe a lasting cooling/moderating effect and a carbon sink created, starving people fed and have jobs, animal habitat restored. I know, it is crazy.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#557 May 15, 2014
Naughtyrobot wrote:
One crazy idea I had, was reversing desertification. Expanding desert in Africa seems like a real problem, it seems to propogate itself and become worse as it expands. With a combination of energy sources(wind, solar, tidal, hydro, nuclear, cleaner coal tech, natural gas) desalinize sea water(lower sea level?) and pump it to the interior to irrigate with intensive engineered efforts to replant the land to conserve the soil and moisture. If it was done right with a multinational effort, that place could be a breadbasket and I believe a lasting cooling/moderating effect and a carbon sink created, starving people fed and have jobs, animal habitat restored. I know, it is crazy.
Actually not crazy at all, brackish agriculture is a very interesting read..

might wanna be careful, saline and metal ya know !

Level 8

Location hidden

#558 May 15, 2014
justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually not crazy at all, brackish agriculture is a very interesting read..
might wanna be careful, saline and metal ya know !
Sure, asparagus tolerates high salinity and so do some other usefull plants, while many weeds are killed by salty water. You Could have portions of brackish and portions of fresh desalinated water. Solar evaporator setups could produce sea salt for a commodity. As the areas of desert green up, I woonder how much the local temps would be moderated? In some cities, experiments with having grass and plants on top of buildings has reduced their energy usage and costs and such. Green space seems to help counter the urban heat island effect, another issue that faces our growing urban areas. http://www.greenroofs.org/index.php/about/gre...
Bill Nye

Medford, NY

#559 May 15, 2014
Naughtyrobot wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, asparagus tolerates high salinity and so do some other usefull plants, while many weeds are killed by salty water. You Could have portions of brackish and portions of fresh desalinated water. Solar evaporator setups could produce sea salt for a commodity. As the areas of desert green up, I woonder how much the local temps would be moderated? In some cities, experiments with having grass and plants on top of buildings has reduced their energy usage and costs and such. Green space seems to help counter the urban heat island effect, another issue that faces our growing urban areas. http://www.greenroofs.org/index.php/about/gre...
Are you gonna change your name to "AgricultureRobot" now?

lol......

“Taste great in milk!”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

#560 May 15, 2014
Bill Nye wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you gonna change your name to "AgricultureRobot" now?
lol......
Leave the robot alone, or I'll come to your house and shove your dog's head down the toilet.

“bj's WJC LLC”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#561 May 15, 2014
<quoted text>
Well of course you think the earth is under 10000 years old. That's the substance of what I've been saying.
By the way, in typical cre tin fashion you avoided any of the content about all those missing advanced degrees [sic] of the anti rational deniers and how unqualified the very first name on the incomplete, absurd list of ideologues is.
Do you also have to be a Birther to get on the list of "31,000 scientists [sic]"?
I don't know how old the earth is.

I do know that liberal junk scientists have turned global warming into a racket.

“bj's WJC LLC”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#562 May 15, 2014
83% of DC Children Not Proficient in Reading... thanks to tenured teacher unions.
Christsharians on the DL

Philadelphia, PA

#563 May 15, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>are you too dense to open a link??....you can even NAVIGATE (understand that word) to a little green button where it says signee qualifications
Those are not qualifications. Except to other fundies, Creationists and Birthers, of course.
Christsharians on the DL

Philadelphia, PA

#564 May 15, 2014
Naughtyrobot wrote:
<quoted text>What can we do to get China to reduce emissions and the release of toxic waste?
You slipped up again.

You don't think greenhouse gases are a problem, supposedly.

Then why are you asking about reducing China's emissions? You don't think emissions are a problem.(You say that you don't think emissions are a problem, anyway.)

Of course you and all the other cherry picking, lying, disingenuous, uneducated deniers know perfectly well there is a greenhouse effect and how it works and that it's a problem to some degree or other.

Your frequent slip ups reveal this.

And you failed to address how slow the ice ages and warmings you referenced were. They took thousands of years. The current, human mediated changes are going much, much faster. This is why your ruse about, "the earth has always warmed and cooled" is nonsesical.
Christsharians on the DL

Philadelphia, PA

#565 May 15, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how old the earth is.
That remark is not just disingenuous, but is insane.

We know the earth is more than 10000 years old. Talibangelical nutcases don't know that, but anyone with a fourth grade education knows it.

Whether the earth is three or four or four and a half billion years old is moot as far as this goes. We know the buybull does not involve science. Nor do witless fundies.

Creationists, et. al., on the laughable "list" are the opposite of qualified.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#566 May 15, 2014
Christsharians on the DL wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are not qualifications. Except to other fundies, Creationists and Birthers, of course.
you aren't qualified to make that statement, are you, son?

lol

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#567 May 15, 2014
agw alarmistm: the new faith based fundamentalists.

lol

http://business.financialpost.com/2014/05/07/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Should Hoosier Hillbilly leave Weird? 3 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 5 min Hoosier Hillbilly 9,961
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 32,418
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 6 min Lumatrix 6,004
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 7 min beatlesinafog 8,825
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 9 min Hoosier Hillbilly 4,783
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 10 min Hoosier Hillbilly 32,329
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 31 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,401
News Teen Leads Mob In Ransacking Of Georgia Walmart 1 hr UnderstandPeople 22
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Lumatrix 165,250
News Fight over gumbo spices leads to fatal stabbing... 2 hr Spotted Girl 48
Poll Are YOU in Love with a 'certain' OFFBEAT poster? (May '08) 4 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 1,546
More from around the web