Federal report: Warming is disrupting...

Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs

There are 1084 comments on the Cape Breton Post story from May 6, 2014, titled Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs. In it, Cape Breton Post reports that:

Global warming is rapidly turning America into a stormy and dangerous place, with rising seas and disasters costing citizens from flood-stricken Florida to the wildfire-ravaged West, according to a new U.S. federal scientific report.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cape Breton Post.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#527 May 14, 2014
Adrian Godsafe MSc wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting observation.
Toba erupted 74000 years ago in the mid of the glacial interval which began 115000 years ago or 110000 years ago +- a science paper or 2.
Climate mode at time of eruption was mode#1 (very inefficient -> warm equator & cold polar hoods.
Climate mode immediately after eruption was mode#4 which is the mode efficient on Earth for heat transfer. Result was a surprising absence of immediate freezing in the polar regions (remained similar to before for bulk of time). The other result of climate mode#4 was a doubling of the size of the Laurentide ice cap formed during this mode @ the start of the glacial period (see above). This event aftermath cooled the equatorial regions substantially while keeping the bulk of the polar regions a similar temperature to before.
The ice deposited post Toba was massive enough to squeeze magma out of the Yellowstone residual magma pool forming large domes in the SW. caldera region via slump flow under the ice mass.
The climate refrigerated fairly substantially in the polar regions after the terminus of climate mode#4 a few thousand years after the Toba eruption when the equatorial El Nino hot pool was sucked out. At the point of major cooling @ the terminus of climate mode#4, the climate again changed to climate mode#1. The net cooling @ Toba actually affected the oceans which mostly reached the 4 deg C ambient from top to bottom, & the arctic & Antarctic oceanic regions largely clogged by freshwater snowbergs dropped during climate mode#4.
That do ya?
Volcanoes are agents of global cooling but the transition from interglacial & interstadial to glacial is driven by climate mode change.
I think there WAS an attempt by an Indonesian cleric to ban volcanoes as a result of major eruption of Kelut (don't think it worked).
Have a nice day: Ag
i wonder if the cleric was similar to a modern day liberal?
SpaceBlues

United States

#528 May 14, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i'm not jealous of anyone.....i've never have been that way!
but....if i were...i wouldn't be jealous of a lying, bald headed, cheeto's eater like him.
so...now he's a "lead author" and "contributor" to gore's nobel!! that's right, son!!
are you finally ready to admit that you were misguided by claiming he was a nobel prize winner, son? or does admitting you're wrong hurt too much? awwww
I posted the official site and cite before.

The Nobel Peace Prize 2007 was awarded jointly to Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and Albert Arnold (Al) Gore Jr. "for their efforts to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change, and to lay the foundations for the measures that are needed to counteract such change."

You're wrong to challenge all this. You owe many apologies for your lies to me, Mann, Gore, and other posters.

Nuff said.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#529 May 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>I posted the official site and cite before.
The Nobel Peace Prize 2007 was awarded jointly to Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and Albert Arnold (Al) Gore Jr. "for their efforts to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change, and to lay the foundations for the measures that are needed to counteract such change."
You're wrong to challenge all this. You owe many apologies for your lies to me, Mann, Gore, and other posters.
Nuff said.
http://johnosullivan.wordpress .com/2012/10/28/michael-mann-r etracts-false-nobel-prize-clai ms-in-humiliating-climbdown/

http://www.examiner.com/article/professor-man...

i owe you an apology for calling you out on your lies, son??!!

sorry.....it doesn't work like that, deluded idiot!

bwaaahahhahahaahahahahhaaaa

you need help from a mental health professional.
SpaceBlues

United States

#531 May 14, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text> http://johnosullivan.wordpress.com/2012/10/28...
http://www.examiner.com/article/professor-man...
i owe you an apology for calling you out on your lies, son??!!
sorry.....it doesn't work like that, deluded idiot!
bwaaahahhahahaahahahahhaaaa
you need help from a mental health professional.
Update from Climate Depot: The IPCC issued the certificates with the text on them to IPCC participants, including Mann. Mann did not add the text himself. Here is a photo of a UN IPCC issued certificate (LINK)

P.S. Learn to read your own link.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#532 May 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Update from Climate Depot: The IPCC issued the certificates with the text on them to IPCC participants, including Mann. Mann did not add the text himself. Here is a photo of a UN IPCC issued certificate (LINK)
P.S. Learn to read your own link.
an ipcc certificate isn't a nobel prize, fuquestick!

you claimed mann was a nobel prize winner!!

which he is not!

you are stupid or a liar.....or both!!

i opt for 'c'.

lol
SpaceBlues

United States

#533 May 14, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>an ipcc certificate isn't a nobel prize, fuquestick!
you claimed mann was a nobel prize winner!!
which he is not!
you are stupid or a liar.....or both!!
i opt for 'c'.
lol
Go away, liar.
Are you mad bro

Philadelphia, PA

#534 May 14, 2014
Naughtyrobot wrote:
Al Gore promised global warming, we had a long cold winter in NY. I think we should sue Al Gore.
Does anybody understand the Earth iced up and warmed up from a couple ice ages
You don't understand "blip" from "trend," i.e., "weather" from "climate," bigot.

The earth did not ice and warm up over decades or centuries, mouthbreather. It did so without human forcings over eons or millenia. That means this is different, in case you couldn't figure that out.

As distinct from your not wanting to figure it out.
I Am Mad Bro

Huntington, NY

#535 May 14, 2014
What are you saying?
Are you mad bro

Philadelphia, PA

#536 May 14, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
9,000 PhDs
Most global warming nonsense has not been peer reviewed.
You must be literally suffering from retardation if you think anyone is going to believe that.

First, the denier site only lists 917 of the "31,000." That's because you can have an undergrad degree in any science and make the list. I want the other 8,000 names with those advanced [sic] degrees.

No deniers have been peer review published. The leading authorities in the discipline have been. And they studied and work in relevant fields to the subject, and not in "Intelligent [sic] Design...."

Let's look at the first, sad name on the list:

“'Dr. Earl Aagaard, of Pacific Union College’s biology department, wrote _The Importance of the Intelligent Design Theory for Seventh-day Adventists_. He invites us to vaccinate ourselves against all seductive materialistic influences and to make it abundantly clear that we accept the Bible account of Creation as true.' What is Pacific Union College? A seventh Day Adventist school. Checking their faculty list, however, it appears he is no longer with PUC. He is now with Southern Adventist University. His research interests include Intelligent Design."

This is fundie / tee baggrz "climate science skepticism" in action. And you can go right down the list. Freeeks.
Are you mad bro

Philadelphia, PA

#537 May 14, 2014
I Am Mad Bro wrote:
What are you saying?
Saying? It's a question, obviously. It's just topix doesn't allow the actual punctuation in monikers.

By the way, for you anti rationalists fundies and Creationists and tee baggrz, "mad" does not mean "angry." Not really.
Are you mad fundie

Philadelphia, PA

#538 May 14, 2014
Naughtyrobot wrote:
Al Gore promised global warming, we had a long cold winter in NY. I think we should sue Al Gore.
Does anybody understand the Earth iced up and warmed up from a couple ice ages, all on its own? I am against toxic pollution. But are we really disturbing the climate, or is our CO2 output a drop in the bucket compared to the larger natural cycle and volcanic action and other natural factors? Just wondering
No, you're not wondering. You're repeating nonsense which has been debunked and explained to your impaired kind many times.

One winter's weather in one spot on the globe is not "climate." It is weather. This is basic. Any second grader can understand what is a blip and what is a trend.

Previous coolings and warmings absent human greenhouse emissions took eons. The current changes are happening well within the span of a century.

You need to stop pretending you have questions. You have the opposite of questions: Dogma. Tee baggrz and fundies require remedial teaching whatever the subject: climate, vaccines, age of the earth, definition of Theory, data, causality, theocracy. They just don't get the basic definitions. Because it's suits them not to.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#539 May 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Go away, liar.
not until you show the thread mann's nobel prize, little lying idiot!!

you can back up your claims, right, son??

poor little lap dog, spaced blues......all it can do is demand others go away when spacey is caught in his own web of lies.

lol

vadge!!!!

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#540 May 14, 2014
Are you mad bro wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be literally suffering from retardation if you think anyone is going to believe that.
First, the denier site only lists 917 of the "31,000." That's because you can have an undergrad degree in any science and make the list. I want the other 8,000 names with those advanced [sic] degrees.
No deniers have been peer review published. The leading authorities in the discipline have been. And they studied and work in relevant fields to the subject, and not in "Intelligent [sic] Design...."
Let's look at the first, sad name on the list:
“'Dr. Earl Aagaard, of Pacific Union College’s biology department, wrote _The Importance of the Intelligent Design Theory for Seventh-day Adventists_. He invites us to vaccinate ourselves against all seductive materialistic influences and to make it abundantly clear that we accept the Bible account of Creation as true.' What is Pacific Union College? A seventh Day Adventist school. Checking their faculty list, however, it appears he is no longer with PUC. He is now with Southern Adventist University. His research interests include Intelligent Design."
This is fundie / tee baggrz "climate science skepticism" in action. And you can go right down the list. Freeeks.
Liberal junk scientists have infucted our schools.

Most highly intelligent individuals believe in God.
SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#541 May 14, 2014
Al Gore's Nobel prize is shared with the IPCC, hence with Professor Mann.

A certificate explains this, duh.

THE END!

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#542 May 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Al Gore's Nobel prize is shared with the IPCC, hence with Professor Mann.
A certificate explains this, duh.
THE END!
which means the ipcc and gore won.....not mann as you claim.

mann is not the ipcc.....and you insist on being a lying idiot.

which reminds me.....the ipcc is full of lying idiots.....like you and mann!

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#543 May 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
A certificate explains this,
a certificate explains that mann didn't win the prize.....but here you go little warmist mann child.....this certificate is for your contribution to gore's lies.

btw....how many drowned polar bears have you people spotted??
Are you mad fundie

Philadelphia, PA

#544 May 14, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal junk scientists have infucted our schools.
Well of course you think the earth is under 10000 years old. That's the substance of what I've been saying.

By the way, in typical cre tin fashion you avoided any of the content about all those missing advanced degrees [sic] of the anti rational deniers and how unqualified the very first name on the incomplete, absurd list of ideologues is.

Do you also have to be a Birther to get on the list of "31,000 scientists [sic]"?

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#545 May 14, 2014
Are you mad fundie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well of course you think the earth is under 10000 years old. That's the substance of what I've been saying.
By the way, in typical cre tin fashion you avoided any of the content about all those missing advanced degrees [sic] of the anti rational deniers and how unqualified the very first name on the incomplete, absurd list of ideologues is.
Do you also have to be a Birther to get on the list of "31,000 scientists [sic]"?
you were given the list, son.
you were given the opportunity to discredit as many as you thought you could.

you show up after ducking and dodging just to continue with your 'punch drunk' posts.

why is that? is this all you have to offer, mullet?

did you stop with a g.e.d.?

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#546 May 14, 2014
p.s.
philly fundie sux more than detroit.....a democratic dead sea.
you do know you idiots caused all that shyt, right, son?
SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#547 May 14, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>which means the ipcc and gore won.....not mann as you claim.
mann is not the ipcc.....and you insist on being a lying idiot.
which reminds me.....the ipcc is full of lying idiots.....like you and mann!
Go back to Professor Mann's bio.

The IPCC consists of Professor Mann and other contributors. Al Gore is not a scientist and not part of the special people comprising the IPCC, like Professor Mann.

They are not like you, a lying idiot. Thus jealous and not funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min Camilla 223,275
What's your tip for the day? (Jul '14) 11 min Parden Pard 2,303
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 15 min Denny CranesPlace 27,190
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 18 min Crazy Jae 6,019
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 39 min -Papa-Smurf- 8,606
Replace one letter in word>>> (Oct '15) 40 min -Papa-Smurf- 344
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 45 min -Papa-Smurf- 10,207
News Strange bedfellows: Jimmy Carter defends Trump 1 hr grace f a l l e n 187
Phrases that you don't hear very often (Nov '11) 1 hr Parden Pard 711
More from around the web