Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs

There are 1084 comments on the Cape Breton Post story from May 6, 2014, titled Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs. In it, Cape Breton Post reports that:

Global warming is rapidly turning America into a stormy and dangerous place, with rising seas and disasters costing citizens from flood-stricken Florida to the wildfire-ravaged West, according to a new U.S. federal scientific report.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cape Breton Post.

Instigator

Bridgeport, NY

#463 May 13, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Mercury is a great example. I remember long ago in elementary school when the teacher passed around mercury for the kids to play with. Taking pennies to make shiny with mercury. Now if a thermostat is broken the school is evacuated. These self appointed experts like Al Gore and Rachel Carson cause great harm. Thousand of people die from malaria and the left thinks they are doing great by sending mosquito nets when the proper use of DDT could save countless lives
We have a generation of pansies coming, no doubt. Some harm did come the older guard though.

Pretty sure that the far left wing (think) they know it all types ate lead paint chips as children.
litesong

Everett, WA

#464 May 13, 2014
litesong wrote:
Good classes in Air-O-die-namics & bawl-is-tiks are good to have.
//////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" gushed:
too bad you didn't learn how to spell those classes, son.
/////////
litesong wrote:
Ain't yer son. Yer real son, you disown? Ah, he disowns you!

Corrections:
Air-O-die-namiks & baw-lis-tiks
litesong

Everett, WA

#465 May 13, 2014
the company you keep wrote:
You're as smart as Crane!
Now that's funny. Would have been funnier if you had said, "You're as smart as "william shatner's poop plop".
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#466 May 13, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>climate science is still in a situation where knowledge is insufficient and climate models aren't good enough.
it's appropriate to have an open mind and not follow the ipcc as believers of a religious faith.
Hey do you publish beyond topix? You're late to expose what you imagine to be true.

Go for it. LOL.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#467 May 13, 2014
Earth is heating up lately, but so are Mars, Pluto and other worlds in our solar system, leading some scientists to speculate that a change in the sunís activity is the common thread linking all these baking events.

http://www.livescience.com/1349-sun-blamed-wa...

And what are the scientists doing? Why....they are 'speculating'.

Therefore, Science is speculative.

Stop buying from China. That alone will lower Co2.

I find myself concerned more so with the big picture. This is concerning:
http://oceana.org/en/our-work/climate-energy/...

On the other hand...~grins~ WTF...do I know...?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#468 May 13, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>There is no man made global warming! There has not been warming for the last 17 years according to the leaked UN report. Man has made climate change by over grazing with goats in Africa which advanced the deserts. It is possible that man removing the forest of England has had an effect on climate but that is difficult to prove because no records that far in the past. Global warming is now called climate change because the globe has stopped warming long ago. Climates have always changed over time but that doesn't mean it was changed by man. It has been much warmer and much hotter in the past. Weather runs in long term cycles. The southwest has been going into a drouth cycle much like we had in the dust bowl days of the 30's. Did man cause the dust bowl? It amazes me that you think the government who could not write a health care web site can control the climate. Al Gore predicted there would be no Arctic ice by 2013. He is a con man with a fraud to sell
Is your name Rip Van Winkle?

Catch up by reading about your myths. Skepticalscience.com

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#469 May 13, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You are WRONG, duh.
It's not me.

It's 30,000 actual scientists who aren't taken political bribes to lie.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#471 May 13, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not me.
It's 30,000 actual scientists who aren't taken political bribes to lie.
Yes, your list of disqualified names.. LOL.

“I Feel”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

Blest4it!

#472 May 13, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" continues:
......so the wind whistles through it.
why are you so proud of your mental retardation?

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#473 May 13, 2014
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2013/...
There is dispute among scientist

“I Feel”

Level 4

Blest4it!

#474 May 13, 2014
the company you keep wrote:
<quoted text>You're as smart as Crane!
and we're both smarter and more successful than the entire alarmist crowd here.

“I Feel”

Level 4

Blest4it!

#475 May 13, 2014
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
Good classes in Air-O-die-namics & bawl-is-tiks are good to have.
//////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" gushed:
too bad you didn't learn how to spell those classes, son.
/////////
litesong wrote:
Ain't yer son. Yer real son, you disown? Ah, he disowns you!
Corrections:
Air-O-die-namiks & baw-lis-tiks
thanks, mullet.

your posts will make any rational person take pause at believing in your hoax.

keep stubbing your own big toe!!

i love this idiotic comedy station!!

“I Feel”

Level 4

Blest4it!

#476 May 13, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's funny. Would have been funnier if you had said, "You're as smart as "william shatner's poop plop".
it would be funnier if he lived in your sick reality, son?

yes, it would be!

are you really as stupid as you appear? if so, did running around murdering little innocent birds make you dumber or did that help some with your ignorance?

just curious.

lol

“I Feel”

Level 4

Blest4it!

#477 May 13, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Hey do you publish beyond topix? You're late to expose what you imagine to be true.
Go for it. LOL.
i'm here for the entertainment. that's true!!

you're an idiot. that's also true!!

you always fail. that's extremely true!!!

climate alarmists can never prove anything.....they can only speculate.....time moves along and they move the playing field until they're proven wrong again. that's utterly and sadly true!! at least for dumfuques like you.

bwaaahaaahahhaa

“I Feel”

Level 4

Blest4it!

#478 May 13, 2014
if the cubs ever win the world series will clowns like litethong/spaced out blues claim that it was due to agw, too?

it would not surprise me one bit!!!!

haa haa haa haa

“I Feel”

Level 4

Blest4it!

#479 May 13, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, your list of disqualified names.. LOL.
disqualified by who??? show your proof or just admit you're lying as usual, dog pecker gnat!!!

you're as easy as sunday morning, moron.

show the disqualifications of the scientists.....we'll wait.

psssst......we're still waiting on mann's nobel prize proof from you as well, little idiot.

wipe your chin, kid.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#481 May 13, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i'm here for the entertainment. that's true!!
you're an idiot. that's also true!!
you always fail. that's extremely true!!!
climate alarmists can never prove anything.....they can only speculate.....time moves along and they move the playing field until they're proven wrong again. that's utterly and sadly true!! at least for dumfuques like you.
bwaaahaaahahhaa
FAIL, LOL.

What's extremely true? Zero percent.
Survey Sez

Owensboro, KY

#482 May 13, 2014
The global cost of securing a clean energy future is rising by the year, the International Energy Agency warned Monday, estimating that $44 trillion of investment was needed to meet 2050 carbon reduction targets.

Releasing its biennial "Energy Technology Perspectives" report in Seoul, the agency said electricity would increasingly power the world's economies in the decades to come, rivaling oil as the dominant energy carrier.

It also pointed out that the $44 trillion figure would be more than offset by an estimated $115 trillion in resulting fuel savings.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#483 May 13, 2014
Let's face it..by 2050 the world population will be 9 billion, it is over at that point, the mass starving, the water wars the governments breaking down..we don't have long. It isn't going to be fixable unless the current world countries begin to limit the birth rate, that thing that just never seems to be talked about. Ohhh yeah, we will be led down the dark alley to strip every ounce of anything that is survivable by the ones that hold the power, and they will do anything to hold that power. It all boils down to that last breath..
You just can't quadruple the population of this planet in less than 100 years and not understand these things. It's really just simple math.
FundieMentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#484 May 13, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>If solar and wind power is cost effective it doesn't need federal grant money. Capitalism will make it grow
You're not making sense.

Fossil fuels get all kinds of government subsidies, just like cotton, corn, wheat, and lots of other commodities from year to year.

Nuclear wouldn't exist at all without the government providing nuclear with the insurance against accidents. It's subsidy.

Oil and gas, or owners, actually try to block renewable energy. By disinformation, by contesting windmills near Cape Cod, by scooping up patents.

Lots of things wouldn't exist without government funding, starting with the internet.

Lots of technologies and businesses need support until they reach a suitable economy of scale.

You don't know anything. Nothing at all. All you have is your "beliefs" and your "personal opinion."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 4 min Truths 31,909
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 5 min Truths 140,420
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min dirtclod 163,673
Word Association (Jun '10) 6 min Mega Monster 27,622
The N-word: (Jul '14) 6 min Mega Monster 312
Word Association. (Nov '10) 7 min Mega Monster 17,435
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 9 min Jennifer Renee 11,351
motorcycle traveling stories 10 min Mega Monster 756
*Sad music/sad themes Thread* 13 min Wolftracks 103
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min wichita-rick 162,718