Federal report: Warming is disrupting...

Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs

There are 1084 comments on the Cape Breton Post story from May 6, 2014, titled Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs. In it, Cape Breton Post reports that:

Global warming is rapidly turning America into a stormy and dangerous place, with rising seas and disasters costing citizens from flood-stricken Florida to the wildfire-ravaged West, according to a new U.S. federal scientific report.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cape Breton Post.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#23 May 6, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would s pretend atheist such as yourself use biblical analogies on a true atheist such as me? I can see why Al Gore has been able to hook you so easily.
Just do yourself a favor; when he tells you to give him a full body massage to slow down globull warming, don't do it.
You are a very narrow-minded person, in addition to your conspiracy paranoia. That, coupled with your unearned arrogance, makes you quite a mess.

And though I am not religious in any usual sense, nor do I subscribe to any biblical versions of "god", I am not an atheist. My "god" is simply far more profound than the one you don't believe in.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#24 May 6, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You are a very narrow-minded person, in addition to your conspiracy paranoia. That, coupled with your unearned arrogance, makes you quite a mess.
And though I am not religious in any usual sense, nor do I subscribe to any biblical versions of "god", I am not an atheist. My "god" is simply far more profound than the one you don't believe in.
LoL.

Spoken like a true disciple of Jim Jones and David Koresh.
Instigator

Fort White, FL

#27 May 6, 2014
Xstain Mullah Aroma wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea what "theory" means. It doesn't mean "opinion." "Opinion" is what tee baggrz and fundies say when they want to justify their bigotry or their ignorance: "I have an 'opinion.'"
Look the word "theory" up, Jethro.
Then be quiet.
So now your telling me that I have no Idea what theory means.

It's a fact that Michael Jackson was found innocent on child molestation charges. And it's also a fact that innocent people have, and still do... get locked up for crimes they didn't commit. Sometimes a group of facts thrown together, does not lead to a correct conclusion. There are often instances when the most important facts are missing that fails to lead to a undeniably solved problem.

Good luck in finding your missing link (fact).

You may want to look in the mirror.

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#28 May 6, 2014
Agreed wrote:
<quoted text>You are without a doubt the stupidest poster on Topix. Whats funny is, you're clueless to it.
What's funny is the ease with which you are impressed. Of course, the irony in YOU calling anyone stupid or clueless is a gut-busting exercise in unintended comedy as well.

Level 7

Location hidden

#29 May 6, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
LoL.
Spoken like a true disciple of Jim Jones and David Koresh.
You can add "idiot" to your resume.

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#30 May 6, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You can add "idiot" to your resume.
No thanks. Wouldn't want to be accused of plagiarizing yours.
Survey Says

Owensboro, KY

#31 May 6, 2014
Based on well-established evidence, about 97% of climate scientists have concluded that human-caused climate change is happening. Temperatures are going up. Ice sheets are melting. Sea level is rising. The patterns of rainfall and drought are changing. Heat waves are getting worse as is extreme precipitation. The oceans are acidifying

Level 7

Location hidden

#32 May 6, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks. Wouldn't want to be accused of plagiarizing yours.
You get today's coveted "Duh" award.

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#33 May 6, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You get today's coveted "Duh" award.
Coming from a guy wearing a permanent dunce hat that sits on the back seat of the short bus. More unintended ironic humor.
Xstain Mullah Aroma

Philadelphia, PA

#34 May 6, 2014
Instigator wrote:
<quoted text>
So now your telling me that I have no Idea what theory means.
You misused the word in your post, have no idea what the word means, and are proud of it. It does not mean "opinion."

Not knowing what "theory" means is the perfect proxy for scientific illiteracy. As is climate change denial.

The studied ignorance and denial of tee baggrz, racists and talibangelicals is disgusting.
Instigator

Fort White, FL

#35 May 6, 2014
Xstain Mullah Aroma wrote:
<quoted text>
You misused the word in your post, have no idea what the word means, and are proud of it. It does not mean "opinion."
Not knowing what "theory" means is the perfect proxy for scientific illiteracy. As is climate change denial.
The studied ignorance and denial of tee baggrz, racists and talibangelicals is disgusting.
Are all conservatives as full of hot air as you?

It's a shame the E.P.A can't figure out a way to utilize just yours alone... then at least we can conserve natural resources. I've found out a lot about you already. But you happen to be way off base about me.

I'm certainly not racist, and I'm in fact independent on my political stance. I've hoped and prayed for a third party for years, and the tea-party is what I got? Not for me.

But when someone comes along and questions your beliefs in your theories as being undeniable fact... you get to spouting hypothesis about myself. Interesting.

Something tells me that if I asked you where you $hit last... that I would probably get another theory.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#36 May 6, 2014
My refrigerator ice maker has been tossing more cubes then I can use in mind numbing drinks lately...Should I call Al or my repairman...it's all so confusing...
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#37 May 6, 2014
"On the one hand, as scientists we are ethically bound to the scientific method. On the other hand, we are not just scientists but human beings as well. To do that we need to get some broad based support, to capture the public’s imagination. That, of course, means getting loads of media coverage. So we have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements, and make little mention of any doubts we might have. Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest."

http://climatesight.org/2009/04/12/the-schnei...

The report says New York will experience a 2 foot sea level increase. It doesn't say when this will happen. More " scary scenarios" and " simplified, dramatic statements". Same old playbook, new chapter.
Xstain Mullah Aroma

Philadelphia, PA

#38 May 6, 2014
Instigator wrote:
<quoted text>
Are all conservatives as full of hot air as you?
Hey moron, you seem to have a brain disorder. "Conservatives" in the main are not the ones debunking climate change deniers. You're confused. If you were to, oh, I don't know, look at my moniker or read my posts, you might have realized this obvious fact.

And you still don't know what "theory" means...and you never will.(BTW, we are discussing science and scientific terms here, not your last game of "Clue.") You're an anti rational, anti science dolt.

I have no doubt that you're racist. Your claim that you aren't means nothing.

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#39 May 6, 2014
Mother Nature just Cleaning House..!!!
Xstain Mullah Aroma

Philadelphia, PA

#40 May 6, 2014
Fun Facts wrote:
The report says New York will experience a 2 foot sea level increase. It doesn't say when this will happen. More " scary scenarios" and " simplified, dramatic statements". Same old playbook, new chapter.
Hey mongoloid, the report does not say that. The report and the data leading to it lay out a range of projections.

Go back to the Creationist Museum now for your next talking point.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Chicago, IL

#41 May 6, 2014
The Federal government is what's disrupting people's lives. Not the weather.
SpaceBlues

Cypress, TX

#42 May 6, 2014
When will ff repeat the same bs again????
anamous

Kintnersville, PA

#43 May 6, 2014
hogwash
Xstain Mullah Aroma

Philadelphia, PA

#44 May 6, 2014
Uh Clem wrote:
The Federal government is what's disrupting people's lives. Not the weather.
That you apparently dislike the US government does not mean somehow that there has not been an array of unusually severe weather events in unusual places in the country at unusual times of the year.

Your anti government feelings also don't have anything to say about the science involved in this issue.

But a clown is still a better source of information than a climate change denial website, so we'll let you and your 20 friends keep the car.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rip 9 min Just Bev 6
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 11 min Bezeer 3,827
2words into 2new words (May '12) 12 min Just Bev 3,909
one word (Apr '11) 14 min Bezeer 7,125
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 15 min Bezeer 14,177
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 23 min Grace Nerissa 35,918
Word Association (Mar '10) 24 min Bezeer 21,139
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 43 min Sublime1 33,342
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 45 min Northbound 8,867
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Northbound 197,802