Federal report: Warming is disrupting...

Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs

There are 1084 comments on the Cape Breton Post story from May 6, 2014, titled Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs. In it, Cape Breton Post reports that:

Global warming is rapidly turning America into a stormy and dangerous place, with rising seas and disasters costing citizens from flood-stricken Florida to the wildfire-ravaged West, according to a new U.S. federal scientific report.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cape Breton Post.

Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#275 May 9, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor little religous-zealot-racist Sally. Still thinks a "qualified" scientist is anyone that agrees with only her opinion. Good luck on getting through life with that 3rd grade edumacation. LoL.
I pointed out to you a simple fact: Climate change is not Gore, as you witlessly intoned. It is every qualified scientist.

You did not respond, because the anti rational are incapable of doing so. Clear enough now even for an uneducated bigot.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#276 May 9, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have to speak down to you gals' level for you to undestand anything.
You've succeeded beyond your wildest dreams.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#277 May 9, 2014
Pat Robertson s Fatwass wrote:
<quoted text>
I pointed out to you a simple fact: Climate change is not Gore, as you witlessly intoned. It is every qualified scientist.
You did not respond, because the anti rational are incapable of doing so. Clear enough now even for an uneducated bigot.
You seem to be either stuck on stupid, or just have a very limited vocabulary. "Every qualified scienitst" is not a fact. It is something you continue to parrot from your religion's teachings.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#279 May 9, 2014
Polly wrote:
<quoted text>You're the only one I see today that's parroting anything. You're nonstop. You continue to shove manure out there saying it's all Gore's fault, even when someone says it's not about Gore. Your only come back is to say it is. We get it, Republicans aren't concerned and want to blow up the planet for future generations so that the 1% can make and sell their crap at huge profits. No skin off your back today, right? The rich keep living well and you keep carrying their torch. Good little lemming that you are, take a break.
I'm not sure what Republicans are or aren't concerened with. This is one of the reasons you loons look like...loons. When someone doesn't accept your new religion with no questions asked, you turn it political, and label those who choose not to follow blindly as you do as republicans.

Also, how very hypocritical of you to try to use the "1%" tagline, given your party forcing Americans to hand over even more money to them in recent years via the ACA. Congratulations. You're not only a religious loon, but a full-fledged hypocrite.
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#281 May 9, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be either stuck on stupid, or just have a very limited vocabulary. "Every qualified scienitst" is not a fact. It is something you continue to parrot from your religion's teachings.
No, we know who is stupid: People whose rhetoric is that climate change is Al Gore. That's stuck on vapid.

And regarding how co2 works as a greenhouse gas is understood by every qualified scientist, contrary to your made up, fun, denialist "facts" here.

Some scientists disagree about the magnitude of that co2 / greenhouse gas mechanism, some think it's not practical to do much about it, but every qualified scientist accepts that greenhouse gases have effects on the climate.

You're a rube and a bigot who knows nothing, doesn't want to know anything, and never will.
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#282 May 9, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what Republicans are or aren't
You lie, of course, because you go on to whine about the ACA, of which you also have zero comprehension.

But you know perfectly well what issues concern Republicans.

You lie like a troll but I think you actually believe your nonsense in all areas.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#283 May 9, 2014
Cant fix stupid wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't know what Republicans think but seem to think you know what democrats think, and you want to call climate change a religion and think it's political (is cancer political or does it kill people?) then I'd say you obviously haven't a clue as to what you're saying. I understand why your're so angry. You "work" and live in abject poverty and there are others around you that don't work but are equal to you economically and it chaps your asz. I'd be mad too. Don't blame the system, don't blame democrats, blame yourself.
You want to talk politics, take in to the political threads. There you can practice your new religion, practice your hypocrisy, and rub Gore's Buddah-Belly in relative peace.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#284 May 9, 2014
Pat Robertson s Fatwass wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we know who is stupid: People whose rhetoric is that climate change is Al Gore. That's stuck on vapid.
And regarding how co2 works as a greenhouse gas is understood by every qualified scientist, contrary to your made up, fun, denialist "facts" here.
Some scientists disagree about the magnitude of that co2 / greenhouse gas mechanism, some think it's not practical to do much about it, but every qualified scientist accepts that greenhouse gases have effects on the climate.
You're a rube and a bigot who knows nothing, doesn't want to know anything, and never will.
We get it already. Your religious leaders won't let you call them anything but qualified scientists. Come back when you have something new to parrot.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#285 May 9, 2014
Pat Robertson s Fatwass wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie, of course, because you go on to whine about the ACA, of which you also have zero comprehension.
But you know perfectly well what issues concern Republicans.
You lie like a troll but I think you actually believe your nonsense in all areas.
Is that the opinion or theory of a qualified scientist, or did you finally grow a set and decide to think for yourself for a change? LoL.
litesong

Everett, WA

#286 May 9, 2014
Pat Robertson s Fatwass wrote:
The right wing bigots and ignoramuses know perfectly well it's not Gore saying this, it's every qualified scientist.
And they've repeatedly revealed they don't understand the first, most basic things about science, climate, the universe, Evolution, vaccines, telling the truth. They're very sick is all.
You're being kind. Sleazy, slimy, steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars, very often have no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in their poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas, or are often sleazy, slimy, steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs....... some are worse.
litesong

Everett, WA

#287 May 9, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
That's "should HAVE stayed...", not "of", o master of higher education. I guess you didn't hear the bell ring.
Many sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars have used that phrase often, beginning with the extinct, "teeny-minded anne".
litesong

Everett, WA

#288 May 9, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
I'm not sure what Republicans are....
....... they are re-pubic-lick-uns(always small letters).......
litesong

Everett, WA

#289 May 9, 2014
"denny cranes place" puffed:
Nothing.
////////
Lawence Wolf wrote:
As a science expert, try interior decorating.
//////////
litesong wrote:
It is now decorated as, "william shatner's plop".
litesong

Everett, WA

#290 May 9, 2014
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
it's(CO2) still a minor trace gas.
Increasing amounts of man-made non-phase change infra-red energy absorbing GHGs, CO2, methane, oxides of nitrogen, SF6, others, control the amounts of phase change infra-red energy absorbing GHG water vapor. Of course, there are many powerful primary & secondary feedbacks to GHGs, of which water vapor increases are also a feedback.

To post only about CO2, continues to show your lack of science & mathematics in your U-knee-ver-city degree. Thinking you may not have done well with your science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc classes in your poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#291 May 9, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
(CNN)-- Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki has ordered a "face-to-face audit" at all Department of Veterans Affairs clinics, a spokeswoman told CNN on Thursday.
Earlier in the day, the House Veterans Affairs Committee voted to subpoena Shinseki in the wake of accusations that his department is responsible for deadly delays in health care at some of its hospitals.
The Shinseki subpoena will cover e-mails that allegedly discussed the destruction of a secret list, first reported by CNN, of veterans waiting for care at a Phoenix VA hospital.
VA scheduler in Texas: I was ordered to 'cook the books'
The House panel agreed to issue the subpoena in a verbal vote Thursday morning. Shinseki will testify May 15 before the Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs, CNN also learned.
Attention on the secretary follows months of CNN exclusive reporting about U.S. veterans who have died while they waited for treatment at VA hospitals across the country.
CNN has submitted numerous requests for an interview with Shinseki; the secretary has refused them all.
On May 1, Shinseki issued a written statement announcing that the director of the Phoenix Veterans Affairs Health Care system and two others have been placed on administrative leave amid claims of a secret waiting list and allegations that 40-plus veterans died waiting for care.
"We believe it is important to allow an independent, objective review to proceed," Shinseki wrote. "These allegations, if true, are absolutely unacceptable and if the Inspector General's investigation substantiates these claims, swift and appropriate action will be taken."
On Monday, the American Legion, the nation's largest veterans organization, and another veterans group, Concerned Veterans for America, called for Shinseki's resignation.
The key takeaways from the CBO report: Gradually raising the federal minimum wage to $10.10 from $7.25 would boost the incomes of most low-wage workers and lift 900,000 out of poverty. But it could also result in the loss of 500,000 jobs.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#292 May 9, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Increasing amounts of man-made non-phase change infra-red energy absorbing GHGs, CO2, methane, oxides of nitrogen, SF6, others, control the amounts of phase change infra-red energy absorbing GHG water vapor. Of course, there are many powerful primary & secondary feedbacks to GHGs, of which water vapor increases are also a feedback.
To post only about CO2, continues to show your lack of science & mathematics in your U-knee-ver-city degree. Thinking you may not have done well with your science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc classes in your poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
that's what i've been saying all along idiot!!!!!!!!!!

you people are obsessed with co2.

is it because that is the trace gas with the fastest track to tax dollars and a way to mislead a dumbed downed populous?

my dog has more brains in his shyt than you do in your head.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#293 May 9, 2014
in spite of your self judge-its....you're still the village idiot on any forum.

haaaaahhaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaahhaha hahaha

“BET DAP”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#294 May 9, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
You're being kind. Sleazy, slimy, steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars, very often have no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in their poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas, or are often sleazy, slimy, steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs....... some are worse.
how many times have we seen this post debunked, ignorant bird killer?

“Got'em figured out?”

Since: Nov 09

Think again

#295 May 9, 2014
Pat Robertson s Fatwass wrote:
<quoted text>
The right wing bigots and ignoramuses know perfectly well it's not Gore saying this, it's every qualified scientist.
And they've repeatedly revealed they don't understand the first, most basic things about science, climate, the universe, Evolution, vaccines, telling the truth. They're very sick is all.
To quibble a bit, there are qualified scientists who work for, or otherwise associated with, fossil fuel industries with interpretation of data and models that oppose the view that humans have significant effect on climate/global temperature, green-house effect, etc....

It comes down to vested interests doesn't it?

For your overall point, these topix commenters in which you're referring (as with commenters to news articles posted on other sites) are so qualified as salesmen of blankets and such and maybe magicians with inarguable simple "science" observations, how could we, who possess some kind of conscience of humanity, disregard their "qualified" expertise and knowledge in favor of scientists with pertinent credentials to the scientists' expertise?

All of these independent thinkers who have no political bent at all?

How could we not see their "qualified" wisdom?

“Got'em figured out?”

Since: Nov 09

Think again

#296 May 9, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
You're being kind. Sleazy, slimy, steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars, very often have no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in their poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas, or are often sleazy, slimy, steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs....... some are worse.
"some are worse". It does get worse.

The number one coal-producing state is Wyoming, the proud home state of Darth Haliburton Cheney:

http://arstechnica.com/science/2014/03/wyomin...

http://news.yahoo.com/wyoming-1st-state-rejec...

Deja vu: attacking and affecting the teaching of science in ** public **, not private religious, schools.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 4 min Faith 32,349
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 20 min honeymylove 150,849
News Is the taxman coming for your steak? 33 min youll shoot your ... 7
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 55 min what a russsh 84,262
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 57 min what a russsh 16,315
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Leia Lives 226,041
True False Game (Jun '11) 1 hr Emerald 16,006
More from around the web