Federal report: Warming is disrupting...

Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs

There are 1084 comments on the Cape Breton Post story from May 6, 2014, titled Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs. In it, Cape Breton Post reports that:

Global warming is rapidly turning America into a stormy and dangerous place, with rising seas and disasters costing citizens from flood-stricken Florida to the wildfire-ravaged West, according to a new U.S. federal scientific report.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cape Breton Post.

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#187 May 7, 2014
DUH..How do you TURN IT OFF..Where's the ON/OFF switch??.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#188 May 7, 2014
Christsharia Law wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Birther, your Benghazi moniker alerts us that you will post things without understanding or caring to how you are distorting them.
The fuel you reference, which is also reported as going for $59 a gallon, is part of a "pilot" program to meet future needs at reduced cost, and with more secure sourcing (algae.)
If you had any clue you would know you are purposefully presenting this issue as though all fuel bought by the Pentagon is this fuel. But since you don't know anything we can't exactly say you're lying on purpose about it.
It's a research project.
If tee baggrz and fundies were actually upset about Pentagon fuel costs then they'd have been demanding military and thus fuel cuts in the budget for decades. They have not been. Meanwhile, whether at market prices or not, the US military remains one of the globe's largest users of fuels....
Like all programs piloted by liberals, this one crashed.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#189 May 7, 2014
58 Million Working-Age People... Not Working

Record Low Number of Ages 25-29 Employed...

“BET DAP”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#190 May 7, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>BWAHAHA you replied to it.
WOW it's gonna get you, next!
Go back to bed. Not a good day for you.
admittedly a wasted day, but i can afford it.

but it's always a good day when i can pistol whip your fat cheeks with man meat, son.

wipe your chin, crud sucker.

lol

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#191 May 7, 2014
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
As for 2013 Arctic sea ice, sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars squawked that sea ice increased by 50%.... even 60%. Later, sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars reduced that amount to 30%. None of their numbers were correct. Even at the worst of sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars' assertions that an ice age was started(an AGW deniar lie of 10 years), proper comparisons, showed only a 15% increase. By the end of 2013, the Arctic sea ice was only 1% greater. Presently, Arctic sea ice VOLUME is 1% less than normal for this decade.
/////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" knows all this. But, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" is a sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liar continues to stonewall.
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" earns its name, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully".
/////////
"drag its goony face" fluffed:
You religious nuts sure do get.....
/////////
litesong wrote:
Glad "drag its goony face" doesn't believe:
As for 2013 Arctic sea ice, sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars squawked that sea ice increased by 50%.... even 60%. Later, sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars reduced that amount to 30%. None of their numbers were correct. Even at the worst of sleazy slimy toxic topix AGW denier liars' assertions that an ice age was started(an AGW deniar lie of 10 years), proper comparisons, showed only a 15% increase. By the end of 2013, the Arctic sea ice was only 1% greater. Presently, Arctic sea ice VOLUME is 1% less than normal for this decade.
/////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" knows all this. But, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" is a sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liar, who continues to stonewall.
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" earns its name, "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully".
I ain't its teacher, & from whom it failed to learn, the first go around. "drag its goony face" can't be smarter than its lack of science, chemistry, astronomy, physics & pre-calc in a poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-ploomaa, would truly indicate.
/////////
"drag its goony face" fluffed:
You really are one angry.......
//////////
litesong wrote:
"drag its goony face" has no answer for:
////////
you sure waste a lot of bandwidth and co2 to admit you've been had.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#192 May 7, 2014
Christsharia Law wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it's correct that your purposeful confusion that current effects means there couldn't also be future ones is nutty.
No one with more than an undergrad degree takes your line that co2 can't have any causal role in the ecosystem because "it's just a trace gas." No one. Everyone understands and accepts the basic theory of greenhouse gases...even when they're funded by the fossil fuels industry and thus dispute that the consequences will be major.
Except for the sort of clowns on hate radio and Fox whom you revere. I meant no serious academic disputes this basic, basic, completely understood mechanism.
thanks for your stupid response,

i'd just like to know why i should agree with your assertion that co2 will have catastrophic effects if it hasn't already.

i have two degrees, but someone could beat you in a debate with a g.e.d., son.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#193 May 7, 2014
all these kooks say we must mitigate man made co2 emissions. they insist they have all the answers. none of them are willing to say what mitigation will accomplish.
is their belief system all faith based??? i guess it has to be. nobody from the alarmist crowd can say anything without a can...might...or could.

LOL

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#194 May 7, 2014
Mechanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Awe man, I should have know better than to even ask the question. It just amazes me the some people "cannot' support their position with reasonable solutions and then all they are left with is mud slinging..
i know!!! these idiotic alarmists are so easily disarmed when presented facts.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#195 May 7, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Other sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars have said the same thing. Most are long gone. I'm here to show how many sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars are also sleazy slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs AND alleged &/or proud threateners.
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully", new to toxic topix AGW forums, was soon found to be a sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liar, who was also a sleazy slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig.
you can't show your own nutz.....because you don't have any, son.

go murder an innocent bird or two. that all you can accomplish.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#196 May 7, 2014
Christsharia Law wrote:
<quoted text>
Both the current and various, future scenarios are laid out in the report you claim to have read. The current effects are even laid out in the headline.
You are anti rational is all.
And yes, every qualified scientist knows human derived co2 emissions are having and will have effects. At best among qualified scientists there are about two who think there is an over reaction to these effects. That's all. There are no qualified debunkers remaining. Just mouthbreathing Fox viewers who are bigoted and ignorant and self satisfied.
why do claim to have facts on your side then use ad populum argumentum as substantiation, son?

did you make it past middle school, sport?
litesong

Everett, WA

#197 May 7, 2014
litesong wrote:
"drag its goony face" has no answer for:
////////
//////////
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" gushed:
you sure waste.........
//////////
litesong wrote:
Neither "drag its goony face" or "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" have answers for:
/////////
//////////
"drag its goony face" & "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" are both sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars & "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" is a sleazy slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig.
"drag its goony face" earns its name, "drag its goony face".
Christsharia Law

Philadelphia, PA

#198 May 7, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Like all programs piloted by liberals, this one crashed.
Hey Birther, that research project which you simultaneously knew nothing about _and_ lied about certainly continues.

That's what happens in R&D and in basic science.

Anyway I corrected you on the facts of that little talking point, and being true to the anti rational tradition of tee baggrz and fundies you totally ignored that information. Disgusting, but expected.
Christsharia Law

Philadelphia, PA

#199 May 7, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>why do claim to have facts on your side then use ad populum argumentum as substantiation, son?
did you make it past middle school, sport?
You're anti rational trash, that's why. Lying, misinformed, immune to new information. You are beneath minimal standards. Finally it is correct to just start saying what's wrong with you.

BTW, just for the record, is the earth more than 10000 years old?
litesong

Everett, WA

#200 May 7, 2014
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
it's always a good day when i can pistol whip your.....
Since "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" is a sleazy slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig, it learned the skill in a KKK training center.
Christsharia Law

Philadelphia, PA

#201 May 7, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i'd just like to know why i should agree with your assertion that co2 will have catastrophic effects if it hasn't already.
i have two degrees
You avoided the content._No one_ except for some scrip kiting hippo on the radio thinks co2 has no effect because it's a "trace" substance. No one.

It's already having effects. You already denied that, but it's in the headline. The fact you haven't and couldn't read the report is thus moot.

And it's a matter of the amount of co2 in the atmosphere. That amount is increasing. As it increases the effects we are now seeing will increase.

You aren't even asking a question. It's too deranged even for buybull simpletons or trolls.

By the way, you have two higher education degrees like your average, fundie seven year old has two post high school degrees.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#202 May 8, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for answering. You are indeed a tough nut to crack. Here are a few facts:
- The global sea level rose in the last century. In the last decade, the rate is almost double that of the last century.
- The earth has warmed since 1880. Surface temperatures continue to increase.
- The oceans are warming, absorbing much of this increased heat.
- There is a decrease in mass of ice sheets in Greenland and the Antarctic.
- Arctic sea ice has declined rapidly over the last several decades.
- Glaciers are retreating almost everywhere, including the Alps, Himalayas, Andes, Rockies, Alaska, Africa.
Indeed I have witnessed this first hand.
- Record high temperatures in the U.S. have been increasing, while low temperatures have become less frequent.
- Humans have been emitting more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, one result being an increase in the acidity of the surface of ocean waters.
Global warming is real, and has already reached dangerous levels. The human contribution is undeniable. There is no conspiracy. The data are not some concoction for profit reasons.
This has to stop being a partisan issue. We had all better get together on this one and do what we can to buy more time. The planet is burning up and we're throwing more logs in the fire.
All of the things you've mentioned have occurred throughout eath's history. Like I said, nothing different is occuring now that hasn't occurred before, even the acidification of the oceans.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#203 May 8, 2014
Christsharia Law wrote:
<quoted text>
You avoided the content._No one_ except for some scrip kiting hippo on the radio thinks co2 has no effect because it's a "trace" substance. No one.
It's already having effects. You already denied that, but it's in the headline. The fact you haven't and couldn't read the report is thus moot.
And it's a matter of the amount of co2 in the atmosphere. That amount is increasing. As it increases the effects we are now seeing will increase.
You aren't even asking a question. It's too deranged even for buybull simpletons or trolls.
By the way, you have two higher education degrees like your average, fundie seven year old has two post high school degrees.
Co2 is at very high levels and what has that caused in warming????? Nothing. Warming stopped 17 years ago. If a person says the world will end this Friday the Saturday morning he is considered a nut. Al Gore said years ago there would be no ice in the Arctic yet he is still taken seriously. If every bit of ice in the Arctic melted how much would the ocean level rise???? Not an inch! The amount of water or H2O is fixed and doesn't change . If you have a glass full of water and ice does it overflow the glass when it melts???

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#204 May 8, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the things you've mentioned have occurred throughout eath's history. Like I said, nothing different is occuring now that hasn't occurred before, even the acidification of the oceans.
I am amazed that the government that after 3 years and millions of dollars can't put up a web site for Obama care yet they think they can control the climate :) The earth has been both much warmer and much colder and man didn't cause it then or now. If it snows it is proof of global warming if it rains it is proof of global warming. They now have to call it climate change because it was to embarrassing that the natural warming cycle stopped 17 years ago. What is the proper temperature for earth????? Mars has had warming. Did man cause it or do you think it could be the sun???

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#205 May 8, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I am amazed that the government that after 3 years and millions of dollars can't put up a web site for Obama care yet they think they can control the climate :) The earth has been both much warmer and much colder and man didn't cause it then or now. If it snows it is proof of global warming if it rains it is proof of global warming. They now have to call it climate change because it was to embarrassing that the natural warming cycle stopped 17 years ago. What is the proper temperature for earth????? Mars has had warming. Did man cause it or do you think it could be the sun???
LoL.

Actually I'm beginning to believe that globull warming IS man-made. It's From all of the hot air being spewed forth by Gore-bots.
Survey Sez

Owensboro, KY

#206 May 8, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>. If every bit of ice in the Arctic melted how much would the ocean level rise???? Not an inch! The amount of water or H2O is fixed and doesn't change . If you have a glass full of water and ice does it overflow the glass when it melts???
I've seen this before and didn't believe it but I guess its true. I thought the ice at the Arctic went to the ocean floor then was piled above the ocean.

I think that average global temperatures and sea levels are rising but I would agree that science can't predict what will happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The stunning facial inkings of a little known t... 1 min andet1987 21
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 7 min Mila Beaujolais 12,804
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 10 min Mila Beaujolais 1,514
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 13 min Mila Beaujolais 22,214
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 13 min -ZAMASU- 148,477
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 14 min Princess Hey 48,298
2words into 2new words (May '12) 14 min wichita-rick 6,847
What Topics knows about you 33 min _Susan_ 85
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 38 min wichita-rick 207,146
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr whose who 2,460