Federal report: Warming is disrupting...

Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs

There are 1084 comments on the Cape Breton Post story from May 6, 2014, titled Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs. In it, Cape Breton Post reports that:

Global warming is rapidly turning America into a stormy and dangerous place, with rising seas and disasters costing citizens from flood-stricken Florida to the wildfire-ravaged West, according to a new U.S. federal scientific report.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cape Breton Post.

First Prev
of 55
Next Last
Xstain Mullah Aroma

Philadelphia, PA

#1 May 6, 2014
Car-ma, among other things.
Xstain Mullah Aroma

Philadelphia, PA

#2 May 6, 2014
This thread will be a _perfect_ chance to argue that the earth is under 10000 years old!
Derp

Tacoma, WA

#3 May 6, 2014
Xstain Mullah Aroma wrote:
This thread will be a _perfect_ chance to argue that the earth is under 10000 years old!
10,000?!?! I thought it began last Tuesday.

Fossils were created by satan to confuse us.

Catholic priests aren't molesting young boys. They're teaching them that gay sex is unnatural. It makes them uncomfortable doesn't it? Well, most of them anyway.

The end is near!! It was near last year too. And the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the..........

The earth is flat and the moon is a hologram.

God has a special place for the wicked. You'll burn and be tortured for all eternity if you don't believe in an invisible entity that there is no proof of. But he loves you.

Global warming is a hoax. It says so in the bible. I'm sure it says it. Or I'm pretty sure it does. But even if it doesn't, I can claim it does.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4 May 6, 2014
Derp wrote:
<quoted text>
10,000?!?! I thought it began last Tuesday.
Fossils were created by satan to confuse us.
Catholic priests aren't molesting young boys. They're teaching them that gay sex is unnatural. It makes them uncomfortable doesn't it? Well, most of them anyway.
The end is near!! It was near last year too. And the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the..........
The earth is flat and the moon is a hologram.
God has a special place for the wicked. You'll burn and be tortured for all eternity if you don't believe in an invisible entity that there is no proof of. But he loves you.
Global warming is a hoax. It says so in the bible. I'm sure it says it. Or I'm pretty sure it does. But even if it doesn't, I can claim it does.
So "true"!

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#5 May 6, 2014
LoL. The globull warming hoax continues.

Level 7

Location hidden

#6 May 6, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
Watch your step. It's a long drop off the edge of the earth.
Xstain Mullah Aroma

Philadelphia, PA

#7 May 6, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
Kite any oxy scrips recently, gasbag?

These threads always bring out the least scientifically literate right wingers this evolutionary side of mollusks.

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#8 May 6, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Watch your step. It's a long drop off the edge of the earth.
Your concern is duly noted.

However, you should focus such concern on those that are following Al Gore and his Flat Earth Society over the cliff.
Xstain Mullah Aroma

Philadelphia, PA

#9 May 6, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
following Al Gore and his Flat Earth Society over the cliff.
You mean every minimally scientifically literate person on the planet.

Shouldn't you be stuffing the anti vaccine newsletter into envelopes?
SpaceBlues

United States

#10 May 6, 2014
The prognosis on the climate isn't good - We can cut emissions to reduce the risks of catastrophe and adapt to some changes that will inevitably occur.

We have to re-frame climate change as an exciting challenge for the most creative minds.

Cutting local air pollution from, say coal, can also reduce carbon emissions that cause warming; creating decent homes for poor people in countries like Bangladesh can improve lives whilst removing them from the path of flood surges.

P.S. Taken from bbc.com .

Level 7

Location hidden

#11 May 6, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your concern is duly noted.
However, you should focus such concern on those that are following Al Gore and his Flat Earth Society over the cliff.
Sorry, my Bachmannosaurs are snorting for food.

Stop your snorting! How many of you can I feed with one lousy fish?!

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#12 May 6, 2014
<quoted text>
Kite any oxy scrips recently, gasbag?
These threads always bring out the least scientifically literate right wingers this evolutionary side of mollusks.
They also tend to bring out leftwing homosexuals who will blow anyone that uses the word "science".

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#13 May 6, 2014
<quoted text>
You mean every minimally scientifically literate person on the planet.
Shouldn't you be stuffing the anti vaccine newsletter into envelopes?
You leftwing homosexuals sure do have a limited vocabulary. I'm surprised you made it home from protesting the American flag in Mexifornia so soon.

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#15 May 6, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, my Bachmannosaurs are snorting for food.
Stop your snorting! How many of you can I feed with one lousy fish?!
Why would s pretend atheist such as yourself use biblical analogies on a true atheist such as me? I can see why Al Gore has been able to hook you so easily.

Just do yourself a favor; when he tells you to give him a full body massage to slow down globull warming, don't do it.
SpaceBlues

United States

#16 May 6, 2014
The report also says "climate change threatens human health and well-being in many ways." Those include smoke-filled air from more wildfires, smoggy air from pollution, more diseases from tainted food, water, mosquitoes and ticks. And then there's more pollen because of warming weather and the effects of carbon dioxide on plants. Ragweed pollen season has lengthened by 24 days in the Minnesota-North Dakota region between 1995 and 2011, the report says. In other parts of the Midwest, the pollen season has gotten longer by anywhere from 11 days to 20 days.

And all this will come with a hefty cost, the report says.

Flooding alone may cost $325 billion by the year 2100 in one of the worst-case scenarios, with $130 billion of that in Florida, the report says. Already the droughts and heat waves of 2011 and 2012 added about $10 billion to farm costs, the report says. Billion-dollar weather disasters have hit everywhere across the nation, but have hit Texas, Oklahoma and the Southeast most often, the report says.

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#18 May 6, 2014
please explain wrote:
<quoted text>Are you speaking from experience? I have never sen that anywhere. Do you hang out in mens room toilet stalls clicking your heels?
Of course YOU'VE never seen that anywhere; YOU'RE that other type of leftwinger that doesn't need an excuse to blow anyone.
Instigator

Fort White, FL

#19 May 6, 2014
<quoted text>
Also tends to bring the left wingers spouting their opinions... with those being most, if not all, opinions that are based mainly on theories. Theories are also opinions.

Those people are twice as ignorant that those of us that will admit that we don't know how or when the Earth and the rest of the universe began...(an example of one of your opinions).

Because there hasn't been enough scientific evidence to prove anything for sure, and without any doubt.

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#20 May 6, 2014
please explain wrote:
<quoted text>I bet that sounded funny said in your stoopit cajun racist drawl
I guess its true that the only benefit of being one of Gores @hores is that one doesn't have to think for herself.
Xstain Mullah Aroma

Philadelphia, PA

#21 May 6, 2014
Instigator wrote:
<quoted text>
Also tends to bring the left wingers spouting their opinions... with those being most, if not all, opinions that are based mainly on theories. Theories are also opinions.
You have no idea what "theory" means. It doesn't mean "opinion." "Opinion" is what tee baggrz and fundies say when they want to justify their bigotry or their ignorance: "I have an 'opinion.'"

Look the word "theory" up, Jethro.

Then be quiet.

Level 9

Arcadia, LA.

#22 May 6, 2014
<quoted text>
You have no idea what "theory" means. It doesn't mean "opinion." "Opinion" is what tee baggrz and fundies say when they want to justify their bigotry or their ignorance: "I have an 'opinion.'"
Look the word "theory" up, Jethro.
Then be quiet.
How much stock in the kneepad factory do you own exactly?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 55
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 17 min wichita-rick 192,994
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 1 hr wichita-rick 3,249
One Word (Jan '09) 1 hr Mega Monster 16,337
Word Association (Jun '10) 1 hr Mega Monster 30,687
News Weird 8 mins ago 6:12 p.m.Naked man jumps from ... 1 hr Fundies R Mentall... 3
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 1 hr andet1987 35,252
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 1 hr SUG here 3,001
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 2 hr A Noisy Bar In Av... 7,401
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 2 hr Princess Hey 145,500
human sexuality topic ? 2 hr GGG 3
More from around the web