Lyric Opera marches to the beat of Wo...

Lyric Opera marches to the beat of World War I

There are 2 comments on the The Kansas City Star story from Mar 7, 2014, titled Lyric Opera marches to the beat of World War I. In it, The Kansas City Star reports that:

The mother of 16-year-old Tabitha Brewer and the daughter of 71-year-old Shirley McKeown never got to bury their loved ones because their bodies were never found.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Kansas City Star.

Red Coat

Nottingham, UK

#1 Mar 8, 2014
Paul Maccartneys song pipes of peace was also about the Christmas truce of 1914. There was a game of football also in no man's land between the British and German soldiers. The truce lasted for different lengths of time along different parts of the trench line.
Alas tho the major's and senior officer's who were safe an sound some miles back in their warm H.QS found out that the troops on both sides had stoped killing one and other and ordered the killing to resume one more.
The people incharge were so afraid that the ordinary soldiers would stop killing and return home to their families that they threatened to shoot their own men for cowardice if they didn't take up arms again.
This had to be the most brutal and most senselessw war of all time. The cruelty and non understanding of young soldiers under constant shelling was criminal and the evil barstards who sent the troops over the top from the safety of their HQs some miles back from the front should never be forgotten even if it was 100 years ago .
God Bless the soul's of all the soldiers who fought and gave their life's for what they thought was right.
LEST WE FORGET.
The Hangman

London, UK

#2 Mar 17, 2014
Nice post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 2 min CJ Rocker 4,999
"Any 3 word combination" (Dec '12) 4 min CJ Rocker 3,684
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min Lifelover 211,453
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 6 min CJ Rocker 13,167
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 8 min Judy 123 5,574
News 'Weird Al' still armed with wit - and an accordion 8 min Parden Pard 5
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '15) 10 min Doug77 332
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 1 hr RustyS 1,344
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Missing inAction 71,187
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr Lifelover 3,226