First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#22 Jun 25, 2014
Hi, Was curious if someone would bump this.

Although I have looked at this subject"HEALING MUSIC" on a more personal level for some time the broad study of "THE MOZART EFFECT"
extends to many areas. Memory,sleep,learning & retention,obvious mood effects,which control A LOT of other medical issues or are the triggers for them, i.e. stress,heart rate etc.
Will the music I am listening to before I go to sleep have an effect on the next 24 hrs.?
In my own case YES. If I am agitated,or rather a faster heart rate when I fall asleep,the first r.e.m. cycle will be shorter & the overall time sleep will be a little shorter.
While not a problem the 1st day after about 3 days of slowly getting more tired ,my brain will misfire causing a seizure,then in recovery , my brain won't turn of & I get no sleep AGAIN for at least 3 days,
That "cycle" or revolving door feeds on itself & until broken for about 8 days it gets MUCH worse, this is also the same area of the brain that is related to migraines & a lot of other "simple" problems.
Remember all that started with relaxed sleep that can be helped or hurt by music.. Rick
http://www.epilepsyhealth.com/music-healing.h...
Music May Be The Key To Predicting Seizures
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/2557...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#23 Jun 26, 2014
“Virtually every writer I know would rather be a musician.”

― Kurt Vonnegut

Level 2

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#24 Jul 9, 2014
“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.” -Nikola Tesla

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 1 min ImFree2Choose 44,353
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min dark memories 194,254
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 10 min ImFree2Choose 35,542
News Woman uses dummy passenger with briefcase in ca... 10 min wichita-rick 7
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 18 min Northbound 8,521
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 23 min KNIGHT DeVINE 18,412
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 28 min Chimney1 201,232
TRUMP, Donald (Jun '15) 5 hr pending wtf 160
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 5 hr Enzo49 7,814
News Trump's Newest Ad Is So Frickin' WeirdBy Olivia... 6 hr President Trump 63