Bizarre shooting incident under investigation in Allentown

Oct 12, 2013 Full story: WFMZ 9

Allentown police are investigating a bizarre shooting incident in which a New Jersey man says he was sitting on apartment steps when he realized he had been suddenly shot multiple times.

Full Story

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#1 Oct 12, 2013
Not sure why this would make anything bizarre in U.S.,I am sure ,enough stupid unsolved blind shots fired in the dark,that it can be a regular magazine with back stories from all 50 states.
I usually post a link for my soap box, for when a co workers son,at 17 yrs. old got a hard 40,for a drive by where an 8 yr. old boy was killed. Rick
Save Allentown

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Oct 13, 2013
Like many cities across America, Allentown has changed. Shootings were once rare in this town. I'm sure many of us Allentown natives can remember when we could walk downtown to go shopping at night and not be mugged or witness a shooting. Not that Allentown was ever 100% safe; no town is. Allentown had a certain charm that many cities across America use to have. I know times change, stores close, old buildings come down, new ones take their place, etc., but it's the crime that has become so disturbing. Yet, Allentown is still relatively safe in most areas, but obviously, you will always have to be cautious and alert like anywhere in this world. Kudos to the mayor for adding something new to the city. Allentown needs the makeover and revenues. Imo, at least he's trying. Landlords need to be held accountable for their properties. Still too many run down apartments that are attracting the wrong kind of people. I'm not against poor people, just the ones that cause all the trouble and are a threat to anyone living in Allentown and surrounding areas.
samue ruz

Staten Island, NY

#3 Oct 13, 2013
huh....

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#4 Oct 13, 2013
Crime of this sort is becoming an everyday occurrence... Clean up the Crime..ALLENTOWN!!

The dwtn businesses are hurting BAD enough.. w/o this type of harmful behavior!!

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#5 Oct 13, 2013
Save Allentown wrote:
Like many cities across America, Allentown has changed. Shootings were once rare in this town. I'm sure many of us Allentown natives can remember when we could walk downtown to go shopping at night and not be mugged or witness a shooting. Not that Allentown was ever 100% safe; no town is. Allentown had a certain charm that many cities across America use to have. I know times change, stores close, old buildings come down, new ones take their place, etc., but it's the crime that has become so disturbing. Yet, Allentown is still relatively safe in most areas, but obviously, you will always have to be cautious and alert like anywhere in this world. Kudos to the mayor for adding something new to the city. Allentown needs the makeover and revenues. Imo, at least he's trying. Landlords need to be held accountable for their properties. Still too many run down apartments that are attracting the wrong kind of people. I'm not against poor people, just the ones that cause all the trouble and are a threat to anyone living in Allentown and surrounding areas.

Hampton GA, 73 Cutlass Supreme , think the doors were locked maybe when mom took it shopping in Griffin, Pro-billy didn't need to though back then,...
silly rabbit

Merchantville, NJ

#6 Oct 13, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
Crime of this sort is becoming an everyday occurrence... Clean up the Crime..ALLENTOWN!!
The dwtn businesses are hurting BAD enough.. w/o this type of harmful behavior!!
Just think a hokey rink will fixthe Hole town?

allentown pa 2013
palumpa for pa king
the bigger blue drink
transformational only to
drink from the toilet and
soon to breath cocked shit soon?
Save Allentown

Bethlehem, PA

#7 Oct 13, 2013
Maybe a hockey rink won't save Allentown, maybe it will; but one thing is certain - negative thinking and inaction won't either! A positive attitude and action can't hurt. At least this mayor is doing something. No mayor can have complete control over crime. You'd need a crystal ball for that. Look at cities like New York and Philadelphia. Think the mayor of those cities is preventing all crime? How do you prevent bad people from moving into your city? You can't. Not until they unfortunately get caught doing something, then they are prosecuted. Also, the slum lords must be held accountable for their properties and make them clean and livable. Any tenant who does not take care of a rented property or causes damage and filth, should be given a warning and or/evicted.
silly rabbit

Conshohocken, PA

#8 Oct 14, 2013
Save Allentown wrote:
Maybe a hockey rink won't save Allentown, maybe it will; but one thing is certain - negative thinking and inaction won't either! A positive attitude and action can't hurt. At least this mayor is doing something. No mayor can have complete control over crime. You'd need a crystal ball for that. Look at cities like New York and Philadelphia. Think the mayor of those cities is preventing all crime? How do you prevent bad people from moving into your city? You can't. Not until they unfortunately get caught doing something, then they are prosecuted. Also, the slum lords must be held accountable for their properties and make them clean and livable. Any tenant who does not take care of a rented property or causes damage and filth, should be given a warning and or/evicted.
Did you see were one of the fine young proffesionals that are flockking to allentown hit an old women on the head causing a patrusion morning gag qoute?
Allentown like NY or Philly there is no comparioson, allentown is a one horse town going backwards or pissin in the wind?

allentown pa 2013
palumpa for pa king
the bigger blue drink
allentowns public had no say
in drinkingwater now the air
that will be inhailed will be
the same, surley the floaters
will not be in the air?

Hole Home Rule truely the bigger picture?
Save Allentown

Bethlehem, PA

#9 Oct 14, 2013
Well silly rabbit, I can only hope and pray that Allentown isn't "a one horse town going backwards or pissin in the wind." I don't think anyone knows for certain what lies ahead in the future for Allentown. All I know is that doing nothing or to not make any attempt at changing Allentown for the better, is certainly guaranteeing its doom. At least the mayor is trying something. It may not be a brainstorm in your mind or in others, but at least he's doing something. I sincerely hope the hockey rink will prove a success.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 3 min Judy 123 1,080
Word Association (Jun '10) 3 min Hoosier Hillbilly 26,375
Food List (Aug '13) 4 min andet1987 1,341
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 8 min CJ Rocker 273
Is it possible to....... 11 min AliceBlue 553
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 min Dogen 132,572
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 13 min toad4754 603
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 26 min Mega Monster 7,562
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 53 min Sarah 25,671
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Sarah 152,470