A passenger, a cab driver, and a miss...

A passenger, a cab driver, and a missing $10 bill

Posted in the Weird Forum

Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#1 Jan 30, 2014
Dear Diary:

On New Year’s Day evening, I shared a taxi with a friend who lives close by. She gave me a $10 bill as she exited the cab, and I went on to my apartment building a few blocks away. I read the meter as $13, so I gave the driver the $10 and six singles. The driver then began to argue with me that I had only given him $6.

I had a vague recollection that when I handed over the money, one of the bills had wafted out of my hand and on to the front seat. The driver insisted that there was no $10 bill on the front seat. As the conversation became more acrimonious — I accused him of pulling some sort of scam, for one thing — I finally gave him $14 (by then the meter had turned over), I got out of the cab, shaking my fist at him and yelling “I’ve got your number!,” implying that I would report him to the Taxi and Limousine Commission.

Fast forward to the next evening. My doorman buzzed up.“Did you take a cab here last night?”

“Yes,” I replied.

“Well, a driver just pulled up and gave me a $10 bill. Said it was for the person he dropped off last night.”

Thank you, Mr. Cabdriver, wherever you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. (Oct '16) 2 min Bovenzi13 3,758
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min wichita-rick 223,363
Things that make life eaiser... (Apr '15) 19 min Gunslinger45 953
Phrases that you don't hear very often (Nov '11) 22 min Gunslinger45 771
#Things You DON'T Want To Hear# 29 min Gunslinger45 67
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 31 min Parden Pard 38,459
What's your tip for the day? (Jul '14) 32 min Gunslinger45 2,338
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 57 min Goku Black 27,350
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr Crazy Jae 6,055
More from around the web