Comments
1 - 20 of 2,172 Comments Last updated Apr 21, 2014
First Prev
of 109
Next Last
Grace Nerissa

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 5, 2006
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Judging by the other thread there would be a keen interest in sharing our different choices of poems/lyrics both of beauty or interest here:

To start.

The great Irish poet Patrick Kavanagh fell in love with a young Irish beauty, she was 22, had creamy coloured complexion and a mass of blue/black wavey hair.. He wrote this poem about her: She and one other were said to have been the two most beautiful women in Dublin at the time..The other girl was Kathleen Ryan who starred in the movie ''Odd Man Out''

When I first read this poem, a while back, it moved me to tears by its beauty: Here it is:

RAGLAN ROAD.

On Raglan Road on an Autumn day
I saw her first and knew
That her dark hair would weave a snare
That I might one day rue.
I saw the danger yet I walked
Along the enchanted way.
And I said let grief be a falling leaf
At the dawning of the day.

On Grafton Street in November
We tripped lightly along the ledge
Of a deep ravine where can be seen
The worth of passions pledge.
The queen of hearts still baking tarts
And I not making hay;
Oh! I loved too much and by such, by such
I happiness thrown away.

I gave her gifts of the mind
I gave her the secret sign
Thats known to the artists who have known
True Gods of sound and rhyme;
Of words or tint I did not stint
For I gave her poems to say.
With her own name there and her own dark hair
Like clouds over fields in May.

On a quiet street where old ghosts meet
I see her walking now
Away from me so hurriedly
My reason must allow;
That I had wooed just as I should
A creature made of clay
When the Angel woos the clay he'll lose
His wings at the dawn of day:

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 5, 2006
 
Smiling:

I think of you
And I just smile
You make me happy
_it's been awhile.

You've helped me more
Than you'll ever know
You've changed my mind
And helped me grow.

I don't know you one on one
But maybe that will change
The way we met, to most everyone
Is indeed a little strange.
But to me, everything's good
'cause I have this feeling in my heart.
I wish I knew a better way to say
I hate it that we're apart.

I want to make something work.
But I guess we'll wait and see.
We became awesome friends
The first time we met.

Hugs and kisses hunnie
You know how much I care.
I guess I'll talk to you later
We will see how things fare.

I love you..
Grace Nerissa

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 5, 2006
 
La Sunshine wrote:
Smiling:
I think of you
And I just smile
You make me happy
_it's been awhile.
You've helped me more
Than you'll ever know
You've changed my mind
And helped me grow.
I don't know you one on one
But maybe that will change
The way we met, to most everyone
Is indeed a little strange.
But to me, everything's good
'cause I have this feeling in my heart.
I wish I knew a better way to say
I hate it that we're apart.
I want to make something work.
But I guess we'll wait and see.
We became awesome friends
The first time we met.
Hugs and kisses hunnie
You know how much I care.
I guess I'll talk to you later
We will see how things fare.
I love you..
That's so refreshing and delightful La Sunshine. xx Thank you so much.

“Spring is here, ”

Level 7

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 5, 2006
 
Any Day Now (My Wild Beautiful Bird)

Any day now I will hear you say " Goodbye, my love"
And you'll be own your way
Then my wild beautiful bird, you will have flown, oh
Any day nowI'll be all alone, whoa-oa-oa-oa

Any day now, when your restless eyes meet someone new
Oh, to my sad surprise
Then the blue shadows will fall all over town, oh
Any day now love will let me down, whoa-oa-oa-oa

Oh my wild beautiful bird, you will have flown, oh
Any day I'll be all alone.

I know I shouldn't want to keep you
If you don't want to stay-ay
Until you go forever
I'll be holding on for dear life
Holding you this way
Begging you to stay

Any day now when the clock strikes "Go"
You'll call it off
And then my tears will flow
Then the blue shadows will fall all over town, oh
Any day now love will let me down cuz you won't be around

Don't fly away, my beautiful bird
Don't, don't fly away
Grace Nerissa

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 6, 2006
 
Had I the Heavens' embroidered cloths
Enwrought with golden and silver lights
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and half light.
I would spread the cloths under your feet
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I will spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

From: the Irish poet > William Butler Yeats:
Hope

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 7, 2008
 
Beautiful poems from long ago....

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 7, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

From Cyrano de Bergerac:

Cyrano: What words I have at my command are yours;
I scatter them before you like wildflowers
in their wild state, not tied up in a wreath.
I'm mad with love for you; I can hardly breathe.
Your name sleeps like a wind-chime in my heart;
whenever I hear "Roxane" the chime rings out.
I cherish everything you do or say:
last month, for instance, on the fourth of May,
you changed your hairstyle before going out.
To me your hair has been the soul of light
and, just as when we gaze at the sunrise
gold sun-spots dance thereafter in our eyes
so, turning from the bright blaze you inspire,
my dazzled vision finds you everywhere.

Roxane (moved): Yes, this is love.

Cyrano: It shakes me to the core,
kind and ferocious, with a fierce desire,
a wild anxiety and consuming fire;
and yet there's nothing egotistical here.
I'd gladly give my happiness for your own
even if, to you, the fact remained unknown -
if only, at a distance, once or twice
I'd hear your laugh, thanks to my sacrifice.
Each time you look at me, or I at you,
I'm filled with renewed valour, renewed virtue.
Do you understand? Do you feel my worship rise,
here in the darkness, to your shining eyes?
It's too much; can you imagine my delight
to know you're listening to all this tonight?
Even in my wildest dreams I didn't dare
hope we might have a moment like this to share.
Hope

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 7, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Ozzie wrote:
From Cyrano de Bergerac:
Cyrano: What words I have at my command are yours;
I scatter them before you like wildflowers
in their wild state, not tied up in a wreath.
I'm mad with love for you; I can hardly breathe.
Your name sleeps like a wind-chime in my heart;
whenever I hear "Roxane" the chime rings out.
I cherish everything you do or say:
last month, for instance, on the fourth of May,
you changed your hairstyle before going out.
To me your hair has been the soul of light
and, just as when we gaze at the sunrise
gold sun-spots dance thereafter in our eyes
so, turning from the bright blaze you inspire,
my dazzled vision finds you everywhere.
Roxane (moved): Yes, this is love.
Cyrano: It shakes me to the core,
kind and ferocious, with a fierce desire,
a wild anxiety and consuming fire;
and yet there's nothing egotistical here.
I'd gladly give my happiness for your own
even if, to you, the fact remained unknown -
if only, at a distance, once or twice
I'd hear your laugh, thanks to my sacrifice.
Each time you look at me, or I at you,
I'm filled with renewed valour, renewed virtue.
Do you understand? Do you feel my worship rise,
here in the darkness, to your shining eyes?
It's too much; can you imagine my delight
to know you're listening to all this tonight?
Even in my wildest dreams I didn't dare
hope we might have a moment like this to share.
WOW!! Your poem is beautiful Ozzie..I love it!!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 7, 2008
 
Hope wrote:
<quoted text>WOW!! Your poem is beautiful Ozzie..I love it!!
Its from Edmond Rostand play "Cyrano de Bergerac" I've always enjoyed reading it.

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 7, 2008
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

So you speak to me of sadness
And the coming of the winter
Fear that is within you now
It seems to never end
And the dreams that have escaped you
And the hope that youve forgotten
You tell me that you need me now
You want to be my friend

And you wonder where were going
Wheres the rhyme and wheres the reason
And its you cannot accept
It is here we must begin
To seek the wisdom of the children
And the graceful way of flowers in the wind

For the children and the flowers
Are my sisters and my brothers
Their laughter and their loveliness
Could clear a cloudy day

Like the music of the mountains
And the colours of the rainbow
Theyre a promise of the future
And a blessing for today
Though the cities start to crumble
And the towers fall around us
The sun is slowly fading
And its colder than the sea

It is written from the desert
To the mountains they shall lead us
By the hand and by the heart
They will comfort you and me
In their innocence and trusting
They will teach us to be free

For the children and the flowers
Are my sisters and my brothers
Their laughter and their loveliness
Could clear a cloudy day

And the song that I am singing
Is a prayer to non believers
Come and stand beside us
We can find a better way

Words and music by john denver

“Mid Summer Days”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 8, 2008
 
Hope wrote:
Beautiful poems from long ago....
Thanks for brining this thread back once again, was it
by CHANCE or CHOICE?!!

This was before the poetry Blog.. but faded away then..
Hope

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 8, 2008
 
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for brining this thread back once again, was it
by CHANCE or CHOICE?!!
This was before the poetry Blog.. but faded away then..
Choice..
Hope

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 8, 2008
 
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for brining this thread back once again, was it
by CHANCE or CHOICE?!!
This was before the poetry Blog.. but faded away then..
Your welcome..

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 8, 2008
 
The Poem of Huizhen

A thin moon pierces the window lattice
and firefly lights appear in the jade sky.
Where the far sky begins is all silky distance.
The low trees emerge as a dark blur of green.
Dragon songs swirl through the courtyard bamboo
as phoenix songs touch parasol trees by the well.
Thin fog descends like silk gauze.
In slight wind the sound of jade rings is heard.
The Royal Mother of the West trails a dark red train.
Her maids carry cloud-shaped jade in their hands.
Deep in the night, people all are quiet.
Our meeting is like dawn, though rain is drizzling.
Pearl light shines from her decorated shoes,
flowers peek from her embroidered clothes,
her jeweled hairpin is a colored phoenix,
and her silk shawl covers a red rainbow.
She says she’s from Yao Hua Garden
and is on pilgrimage to the Jade Emperor’s palace.
Because she took a tour to Luo City
she happened to come here, east of Song family.
When I flirt with her she resists at first.
but soft feelings already secretly connect us.
When she bows her hair it seems the shadows of cicadas move.
As she walks about her jade stocking are gilded with dust.
When she turns it’s like snowflakes swirling.
On the bed we embrace through silk
and like Mandarin ducks dance with our necks twined.
Like two kinds of jade, we go well together,
though her dark eyebrows knit frequently in shyness.
Her warm red lips feel like they are melting.
I taste her breath like a fragrant orchid,
her creamy skin, her full jade flesh.
She feels strengthless, unable to move even a wrist,
though she’s so sensitive that her body tenses.
The light of her sweat is like pearls.
Her tangled hair is loose and black.
Happiness like this comes once in a thousand years.
But now we hear the fifth beat of the night drum.
We want to stay, but time is scarce,
We are so close that it is hard to stop.
Her face is sorrow
and her words promise faithfulness.
She gives me ring to remember this time,
ties a knot, to say our hearts are twined.
Her tears drop on the mirror
and around the guttering lamp insects swirl.
The dawn light comes slowly
and the rising sun starts to show.
She flies back to Luo on the back of a crane
and plays a vertical flute on Song Mountain.
My clothes are fragrant as if dyed with musk.
There are red stains still on the pillow.
Standing in front of the grass in the pond,
my thoughts are floating far away.
I hear a harp crying and complaining like a crane.
gaze at the clear River of Stars and hope to see her crane returning.
But the ocean is too broad to cross
and the sky is too high to soar above,
so like a floating cloud with nowhere to go
I walk back inside the tower.

by Yuan Zhen (779-831)

thinking of you....

Since: Dec 08

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 9, 2008
 
Ozzie wrote:
The Poem of Huizhen
A thin moon pierces the window lattice
and firefly lights appear in the jade sky.
Where the far sky begins is all silky distance.
The low trees emerge as a dark blur of green.
Dragon songs swirl through the courtyard bamboo
as phoenix songs touch parasol trees by the well.
Thin fog descends like silk gauze.
In slight wind the sound of jade rings is heard.
The Royal Mother of the West trails a dark red train.
Her maids carry cloud-shaped jade in their hands.
Deep in the night, people all are quiet.
Our meeting is like dawn, though rain is drizzling.
Pearl light shines from her decorated shoes,
flowers peek from her embroidered clothes,
her jeweled hairpin is a colored phoenix,
and her silk shawl covers a red rainbow.
She says she’s from Yao Hua Garden
and is on pilgrimage to the Jade Emperor’s palace.
Because she took a tour to Luo City
she happened to come here, east of Song family.
When I flirt with her she resists at first.
but soft feelings already secretly connect us.
When she bows her hair it seems the shadows of cicadas move.
As she walks about her jade stocking are gilded with dust.
When she turns it’s like snowflakes swirling.
On the bed we embrace through silk
and like Mandarin ducks dance with our necks twined.
Like two kinds of jade, we go well together,
though her dark eyebrows knit frequently in shyness.
Her warm red lips feel like they are melting.
I taste her breath like a fragrant orchid,
her creamy skin, her full jade flesh.
She feels strengthless, unable to move even a wrist,
though she’s so sensitive that her body tenses.
The light of her sweat is like pearls.
Her tangled hair is loose and black.
Happiness like this comes once in a thousand years.
But now we hear the fifth beat of the night drum.
We want to stay, but time is scarce,
We are so close that it is hard to stop.
Her face is sorrow
and her words promise faithfulness.
She gives me ring to remember this time,
ties a knot, to say our hearts are twined.
Her tears drop on the mirror
and around the guttering lamp insects swirl.
The dawn light comes slowly
and the rising sun starts to show.
She flies back to Luo on the back of a crane
and plays a vertical flute on Song Mountain.
My clothes are fragrant as if dyed with musk.
There are red stains still on the pillow.
Standing in front of the grass in the pond,
my thoughts are floating far away.
I hear a harp crying and complaining like a crane.
gaze at the clear River of Stars and hope to see her crane returning.
But the ocean is too broad to cross
and the sky is too high to soar above,
so like a floating cloud with nowhere to go
I walk back inside the tower.
by Yuan Zhen (779-831)
thinking of you....
Ozzie, I like this poem. Its kind of sensuous and heartwarming too.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 9, 2008
 
[something passionate tonight....]

My whole body aches with sensual longing My thoughts are electrified with passionate intent Seeing you lying their so inviting, seductively poised I cannot be but driven to embrace you in a thousand kisses To caress you until your entire body vibrates with passion All this in my mind and more How I long to lie with you this night, to see the dawn And shower your entire being with golden mist Your succulent moist lips on mine Your breasts pressed against mine I dream of this and wish for no more Than to be making love to you Through this enchanting night of silver stars I dream of all this and more To take you again and again Limbs wrapped around each other in heavenly embrace I dream and dream of this meeting You are my ecstasy, my chosen, my arousal

~ Michael David Coffey

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 9, 2008
 
Ozzie wrote:
[something passionate tonight....]
My whole body aches with sensual longing My thoughts are electrified with passionate intent Seeing you lying their so inviting, seductively poised I cannot be but driven to embrace you in a thousand kisses To caress you until your entire body vibrates with passion All this in my mind and more How I long to lie with you this night, to see the dawn And shower your entire being with golden mist Your succulent moist lips on mine Your breasts pressed against mine I dream of this and wish for no more Than to be making love to you Through this enchanting night of silver stars I dream of all this and more To take you again and again Limbs wrapped around each other in heavenly embrace I dream and dream of this meeting You are my ecstasy, my chosen, my arousal
~ Michael David Coffey
Whewwww...... Damn now I need a cigarette....
;o)

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 9, 2008
 
Wildbluerose wrote:
<quoted text>
Whewwww...... Damn now I need a cigarette....
;o)
lol...
now were even with the 2.98min.

:)

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 9, 2008
 
Ozzie wrote:
<quoted text>lol...
now were even with the 2.98min.
:)
Hardly....
crackel I wa cr s ackel hisss think poppop ing buzz zz hissss youcrackel hiss pop still owehissss crackel me crackel crackel hiss......
@}-'--,---
Best dang laugh I have had all day thanks....
Slash that sky wide open....
Love ya Ozzie...

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 9, 2008
 
Wildbluerose wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly....
crackel I wa cr s ackel hisss think poppop ing buzz zz hissss youcrackel hiss pop still owehissss crackel me crackel crackel hiss......
@}-'--,---
Best dang laugh I have had all day thanks....
Slash that sky wide open....
Love ya Ozzie...
your mean woman.
lol...

love you too.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 109
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

93 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min wichita-rick 141,321
Man run over by own truck during road rage 31 min Marcavage s Emission 1
Car Dealer Gives Woman Refund - in Pennies 35 min Marcavage s Emission 7
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 52 min wichita-rick 13,029
How did you get over a broken heart? (Oct '09) 1 hr Sublime1 263
Word Association (Jun '10) 1 hr SUG here 26,000
Tortoise an Accomplice in Alligator's Zoo Escape? 1 hr Marcavage s Emission 2
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr TenderTink 34,946
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 hr Petal Power 14,967
•••
•••