Sarcasm Personified

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#1 Feb 27, 2013
With automatic budget cuts looming on Friday, the war of words between President Obama and Republicans intensified.

Mr. Obama traveled to Newport News, Virginia, where he warned that thousands of shipbuilding jobs would be jeopardized by the continuing budget standoff.

Republicans, meanwhile, accused the president of playing politics and trying to scare the American people rather than working to solve the impasse.

“If the president were serious,” House Speaker John Boehner claimed,“he’d come up with a plan to target these cuts so that only the poor, minorities, the unemployed, the sick and inner-city school children are affected. Instead, the middle class is going to suffer because of his inaction.”

“The House has put forth reasonable plan to spare all but the most disadvantaged the worst effects of the budget cuts,” added Representative Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), the No. 3 House Republican,“but this president insists on policies that also impose burdensome new taxes on millionaires and billionaires. It’s a complete waste of time. He knows this is a non-starter.”

Added Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell,“We’d like to make a bipartisan deal, but we’re prepared to let the sequester take effect rather than give in to the president’s outrageous demands that the burden of balancing the budget be shared by the richest Americans.”

“Besides which, the American people are too smart to be frightened by Mr. Obama’s scare tactics,” said Representative Paul Ryan (R-WI)“As you know, I’m a budget expert, and I’ve worked the numbers. The sequester simply will not be nearly as bad as the president wants you to believe.

“Tonight I can assure the American people that even if nothing whatever is done to prevent the budget cuts from happening, not one single billionaire will be harmed.”

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#2 Feb 27, 2013
Good Night !

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

South Bend, IN

#3 Feb 27, 2013
Isn't it amazing how 3% decrease in funding can cause up to 100% decrease in jobs?

I can't help but wonder if he'd be whistling a different tune if the president's salary wasn't guaranteed by law no matter what? Yeah, every last goverment worker could be furloughed without a paycheck and Fearless Leader still gets his.

It's good to be da king!

65007noogard

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Since: Jun 12

Down on the bayou

#4 Feb 27, 2013
Uh Clem wrote:
Isn't it amazing how 3% decrease in funding can cause up to 100% decrease in jobs?
I can't help but wonder if he'd be whistling a different tune if the president's salary wasn't guaranteed by law no matter what? Yeah, every last goverment worker could be furloughed without a paycheck and Fearless Leader still gets his.
It's good to be da king!
Oblunder is rich. I don't think he'd miss his salary too terribly much.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

South Bend, IN

#5 Feb 27, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Write cities alfabetically (tell the country/st... (Sep '11) 6 min quilterqueen 2,648
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 10 min quilterqueen 83,790
2words into 2new words (May '12) 12 min quilterqueen 8,193
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 15 min quilterqueen 61,958
The Next Person Game (Mar '11) 15 min andet1987 9,976
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) (Dec '14) 24 min andet1987 1,823
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 25 min quilterqueen 2,252
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 41 min grace fallen 218,672
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 hr Parden Pard 22,872
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 3 hr quilterqueen 4,280
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr Bar Fly_ok 76,006
More from around the web