Bomb squad called in for suspicious i...

Bomb squad called in for suspicious items

Posted in the Weird Forum

Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#1 Jan 19, 2014
"COLONIE, N.Y.-- Two items that appeared to be hand grenades donated to the Goodwill Store in Colonie resulted in the State Police bomb squad responding Saturday afternoon, town police said.
According to police, two items were found in a group of donations around 1:30 p.m.
The New York State Police Bomb Disposal Unit determined the one item to be a "training aide with a live detonator", while the other was the body of a hand grenade which contained no explosive material.
Colonie police say both items were taken by the bomb unit, and that they did not appear to be maliciously donated in an attempt to cause panic.
Nonetheless, police are still trying to find out who left them at the store.
A similar incident happened last Sunday at a Goodwill in South Burlington Vermont. In that incident, the bomb disposal unit of the Vermont Air National Guard was called in to respond to a donated item that looked like a grenade.
In the end, that item was determined to just be an antique."
Wow that's sad and crazy. Someone, somewhere is just wondering "Now where did my hand grenades go." Then realize where they are... "Oh I donated them to Goodwill last week." Well...I hope someone finds a good use for them *_*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 5 min SweLL GirL 16,240
The one item I don't want to be without....... 9 min Sue 30
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 12 min -Papa-Smurf- 10,038
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 13 min Julia 1,256
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 18 min -Papa-Smurf- 6,729
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '15) 19 min -Papa-Smurf- 327
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 22 min Ozzie 71,356
A to Z songs by title or group! 59 min wichita-rick 968
Back In The Day ... for the third time! 6 hr wichita-rick 251
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 7 hr Lifelover 3,219