Should Americans be limited to two children per family?

Created by Illustrated Man on May 25, 2012

287 votes

Click on an option to vote

yes

no

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#363 Jun 8, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>Cause we are better off here, and you can thank your Lucky Stars, little lady......when i was coming up, we could'nt afford kids, at all.....
Didn't stop you old timers from breeding like rabbits, did it?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#364 Jun 8, 2012
uh?
BeautyAndABeat

Chelmsford, UK

#365 Mar 20, 2013
I say yes yes yes! Everyone always has to have a bigger family than their friends so why not just settle for one. Nobody needs 16 kids and counting so why not just do it once and be happy with what you have made.

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Since: Jun 12

Down on the bayou

#366 Mar 20, 2013
Some should be limited to none.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#367 Mar 20, 2013
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not consider it off topic if one goes back to my original point (which ties in to the above); before considering limiting family sizes, the government should first rein in out-of-control illegal immigration (and, pro-illegal immigration policies) to help ease the population boom.
There is an estimated 3 million illegal immigrants that enter the country each year. That is approximately 8,219 a day.

Conversely, there are 10,800 births per day in the US.

I would say that the topic of this thread is the real issue.

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Since: Jun 12

Down on the bayou

#368 Mar 20, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an estimated 3 million illegal immigrants that enter the country each year. That is approximately 8,219 a day.
Conversely, there are 10,800 births per day in the US.
I would say that the topic of this thread is the real issue.
And I would not disagree with that.

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#369 Mar 20, 2013
How would we enforce a quota when we have pre-teens having children?

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#370 Mar 20, 2013
The FREAKIN' problem is the MALES!!...Keep your WHACKER in your pants.. if YOU don't want THE responsibility of supporting YOUR conceived child, WHILE you were GETTING YOUR ROCKS OFF!!...On a other note.. The Chicks SHOULD educate themselves with the possibilities of an UNWANTED Pregnancy, and carry Condoms..MEN think with their PENIS..NOT WHAT IF ..rational thoughts..

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#371 Mar 20, 2013
As a staunch republican (and therefore an uber-Christian and champion of individual rights and small government) we should restrict everyone's reproductive activity. Government should be small enough to fit inside a woman's uterus!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#372 Mar 20, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
How would we enforce a quota when we have pre-teens having children?
Do like the Pharaoh did...kill the first born.

“Cat got your tongue?”

Level 7

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#373 Mar 20, 2013
THE TRUTH....

Immigrants lead plunge in U.S. birth rate

http://inamerica.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/29/imm...

U.S. Birth Rate Sets Record, Hits Lowest Level In A Century

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/27/us-b...

Teen birth rate hits historic low

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/checkup/2011...

All this thread contains is ignorance and bigotry. Most of you don't have a clue what the hell you're talking about. Do yourselves a favor...TURN OFF FAUX "NEWS". This information is readily available to anyone who looks.

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#374 Mar 20, 2013
Daughter: Guess what Mom!
Mother: What?
Daughter: I'm pregnant! It must be something in the air!
Mother: Your legs

“Cat got your tongue?”

Level 7

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#375 Mar 20, 2013
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not consider it off topic if one goes back to my original point (which ties in to the above); before considering limiting family sizes, the government should first rein in out-of-control illegal immigration (and, pro-illegal immigration policies) to help ease the population boom.
Mexican Immigration to U.S. Slowed Significantly, Report Says

Mexican immigration to the United States, the largest wave of migrants from a single country in the nation’s history, has stopped increasing after four decades of surging growth and may be declining, according to a report released Monday by the Pew Hispanic Center.

In what the report called a “notable reversal of the historic pattern,” the number of Mexicans leaving rose sharply in the five years after 2005, while the new flow of migrants coming from Mexico into the United States fell steeply, Pew demographers found.

For the first time in at least two decades, the population of illegal immigrants from Mexico living in this country significantly decreased, according to the report....

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/24/us/mexican-...

Graph of the Day: Illegal immigration has slowed since 2007

Posted by Brad Plumer on January 28, 2013

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...


Illegal immigration slows almost to a standstill

The number of illegal immigrants from Mexico, the largest source of migrants, has dropped by the largest margin since the Great Depression.

By Hope Yen, The Associated Press / April 23, 2012
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wire...

You were saying??

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Since: Jun 12

Down on the bayou

#376 Mar 20, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
As a staunch republican (and therefore an uber-Christian and champion of individual rights and small government) we should restrict everyone's reproductive activity. Government should be small enough to fit inside a woman's uterus!
Why would you want to government inside your uterus? Doesn't Geno satisfyou anymore?

“If you're happy & you know it”

Level 7

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

#377 Mar 20, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
The FREAKIN' problem is the MALES!!...Keep your WHACKER in your pants.. if YOU don't want THE responsibility of supporting YOUR conceived child, WHILE you were GETTING YOUR ROCKS OFF!!...On a other note.. The Chicks SHOULD educate themselves with the possibilities of an UNWANTED Pregnancy, and carry Condoms..MEN think with their PENIS..NOT WHAT IF ..rational thoughts..
I would say the blame lies equally between the sexes. There are a lot of women out there who will lie with men without a care in the world as to the consequences.

Also, we women, have more options than men, IUD's, pills, shots, patches, day after pills. We complain about "it's our body & we'll do what we will with it" so if that's the case, maybe we should take more responsibility for our bodies to prevent unwanted children.

On the same note, I think it's kind of unfair that if a woman don't want a child she can abort it but if a man don't want a child he's a "deadbeat dad". He didn't get a choice and was forced into fatherhood and, to me, that's not fair.

In any case, to answer the original question I believe we should only be allowed as many children as we can afford on our own without assistance and/or handouts. No more. None of this we really can't afford it but we're gonna keep trying until we get a boy/girl because I really want one crap.

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Since: Jun 12

Down on the bayou

#378 Mar 20, 2013
Nancy Botwin wrote:
THE TRUTH....
Immigrants lead plunge in U.S. birth rate
http://inamerica.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/29/imm...
U.S. Birth Rate Sets Record, Hits Lowest Level In A Century
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/27/us-b...
Teen birth rate hits historic low
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/checkup/2011...
All this thread contains is ignorance and bigotry. Most of you don't have a clue what the hell you're talking about. Do yourselves a favor...TURN OFF FAUX "NEWS". This information is readily available to anyone who looks.
I hardly think M69 gets his info from Fox.

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Since: Jun 12

Down on the bayou

#379 Mar 20, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
How would we enforce a quota when we have pre-teens having children?
You can't.

However, a good place to start would be for the government to stop giving people incentives to have as many children as they can.

“Cat got your tongue?”

Level 7

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#380 Mar 20, 2013
ROFLMAO! All the nasty icons in the world mean NOTHING unless you can challenge the FACTS I've posted...from several different and viable sources. Think you can challenge the sources? Go for it!

With the amount of nasty icons you give out I'd think your icon finger would have arthritis by now.

http://media.mercola.com/imageserver/public/2...

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/30/52/10/69...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_twrK0YU6cqI/S4tHm7Z...

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#381 Mar 20, 2013
Nancy Botwin wrote:
THE TRUTH....
Immigrants lead plunge in U.S. birth rate
http://inamerica.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/29/imm...
U.S. Birth Rate Sets Record, Hits Lowest Level In A Century
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/27/us-b...
Teen birth rate hits historic low
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/checkup/2011...
All this thread contains is ignorance and bigotry. Most of you don't have a clue what the hell you're talking about. Do yourselves a favor...TURN OFF FAUX "NEWS". This information is readily available to anyone who looks.
So smart but yet lacks the know-how to push the "reply to" button.

If, you are posting or replying to me, I do not watch FOX news. Secondly, I got my information from the Census Bureau, not the Washington Post nor the Huffington Post.

Lastly, your first link is a blog - haven't you learned anything about "credible" information and opinion blogs?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#382 Mar 20, 2013
Nancy Botwin wrote:
ROFLMAO! All the nasty icons in the world mean NOTHING unless you can challenge the FACTS I've posted...from several different and viable sources. Think you can challenge the sources? Go for it!
With the amount of nasty icons you give out I'd think your icon finger would have arthritis by now.
http://media.mercola.com/imageserver/public/2...
http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/30/52/10/69...
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_twrK0YU6cqI/S4tHm7Z...
Viable sources are not blogs, unless it is Ferreman's blog.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"man" words 4 min andet1987 539
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min wichita-rick 157,958
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 8 min andet1987 501
3 Word Sentence (each word, one syllable only) 10 min andet1987 229
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 12 min andet1987 4,926
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 12 min -TheExam- 939
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 13 min wichita-rick 13,821
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 18 min NinaRocks 17,914
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 21 min NinaRocks 39,329
Rest in Peace, Spock 1 hr GANNY 216
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 2 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 801
More from around the web