Review; Adam and Eve.

Posted in the Weird Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Not happy

Cicero, IL

#1 Jan 18, 2013
How dare you, Adam and Eve, eat the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden! How dare you bring sin into this world! Especially when God Himself told you not to eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of good and evil!

Because of their sin (in the Garden of Eden), the world is separated from God. There is crime and violence on our streets. There is rampant divorce, broken hearts, and other nasty things.

Because of their evil disobediance, our lives are temporary, only about 1 in a million people receive eternal life after death, the rest are thrown into Hell, where they are consumed forever by white hot fires, giant, mutant, flesh-eating worms and bugs that bore into them and devour them from the inside out, giant spiked snakes, demons that rip them to shreds with a single swipe of their huge clawed hands, hopelessness, a total absence of love, pitch black outer darkness, and it all goes on forever. Not to mention the horrible suffering and pain Jesus had to go through just to put a narrow bridge over the huge wide gap that sin left between us and the Lord.

Before their sin, there was only 1 rule in all of God's law (for mankind personally); No eating the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of good and evil. Now there are over half a million rules that must be followed in order to have a chance of salvation. To make matters worse, even Jesus said that not everyone who calls him "Lord" will have eternal life, but only those who do his Father's will. And as far as I know it, that will is to be perfect (Matthew 5:48). And that means not only avoiding all 667 sins listed in the Bible, but also doing massive amounts of works, isolation from the world every Sabbath day, earning NOTHING for ourselves by the sweat of our brow (Malachi 3:8, 1 John 2:15-17), and living in limbo and constant fear of eternal damnation to Hell while on Earth. There could even be infinitely more that is required of us! As even the Bible says, God is infinitely holy!
seen it all

Hamilton, Canada

#2 Jan 18, 2013
Should we lose compression, oxygen masks will be released from the over head. Please put on your mask before tending children.
Your seat cushion can be used as a floatation device if you don't shit yourself to death before we hit water. Barf bags are in the pocket of the seat ahead of you.
We see that many have been used in the past 5 minutes. No worries, they will be replaced before we roll out the drink cart.
Today's in flight movie is Caligula. The tale of the risings and failings of Roman Emperor Caesar Germanicus. If you need a double wide seat arrangement in order to join the mile high club, please notify your hostess as soon as possible before take off. We thank you for flying United.
Grace Nerissa

Dublin, Ireland

#3 Jan 18, 2013
Not happy wrote:
How dare you, Adam and Eve, eat the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden! How dare you bring sin into this world! Especially when God Himself told you not to eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of good and evil!
Because of their sin (in the Garden of Eden), the world is separated from God. There is crime and violence on our streets. There is rampant divorce, broken hearts, and other nasty things.
Because of their evil disobediance, our lives are temporary, only about 1 in a million people receive eternal life after death, the rest are thrown into Hell, where they are consumed forever by white hot fires, giant, mutant, flesh-eating worms and bugs that bore into them and devour them from the inside out, giant spiked snakes, demons that rip them to shreds with a single swipe of their huge clawed hands, hopelessness, a total absence of love, pitch black outer darkness, and it all goes on forever. Not to mention the horrible suffering and pain Jesus had to go through just to put a narrow bridge over the huge wide gap that sin left between us and the Lord.
Before their sin, there was only 1 rule in all of God's law (for mankind personally); No eating the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of good and evil. Now there are over half a million rules that must be followed in order to have a chance of salvation. To make matters worse, even Jesus said that not everyone who calls him "Lord" will have eternal life, but only those who do his Father's will. And as far as I know it, that will is to be perfect (Matthew 5:48). And that means not only avoiding all 667 sins listed in the Bible, but also doing massive amounts of works, isolation from the world every Sabbath day, earning NOTHING for ourselves by the sweat of our brow (Malachi 3:8, 1 John 2:15-17), and living in limbo and constant fear of eternal damnation to Hell while on Earth. There could even be infinitely more that is required of us! As even the Bible says, God is infinitely holy!
Yeah! You tell 'em....

'HOW DARE you, Adam & Eve'

SUE the b@stards, I say(:

“Brains are wonderful,”

Level 5

Since: May 10

I wish everyone had one.

#4 Jan 19, 2013
It's alive .....

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#5 Jan 19, 2013
Johnny Appleseed was an instigator...
Not happy

Cicero, IL

#6 Jan 19, 2013
Grace Nerissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah! You tell 'em....
'HOW DARE you, Adam & Eve'
SUE the b@stards, I say(:
Better yet, may God's punishment on them be swift and just!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#7 Jan 19, 2013
WTF ?

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#8 Jan 19, 2013
Here's the one true story about Adam & Eve.....

http://youtu.be/hqv-hfT7MCE
Not happy

Cicero, IL

#9 Jan 19, 2013
This is the REAL true story of Adam and Eve!
WindowLickers4Je sus

Tacoma, WA

#10 Jan 19, 2013
I thought this was going to be a thread about the company by the name Adam and Eve that sells sexytime toys. What a letdown!
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#11 Jan 19, 2013
What a confusing story to teach little children. God punishes Adam and Eve and future generations, yet at the end it says he watched over them. I remember first hearing this story in Sunday school and wondered why we were taught to forgive, yet God could not forgive Adam and Eve for taking a bite of a forbidden fruit? That made me feel that God was probably not too fond of us, and perhaps regretted it having created us. It saddened me to think that generations of people continued to suffer, all to atone for for the 'sin' of 2 otherwise innocent beings they never even personally knew. My thought was , hey, it's not my fault they ate from that tree. I wasn't born yet. When I became old enough, I soon learned the reality of the world - that man is generally the cause of his own joys and sorrows and can create those same experiences for others as well. I find it extremely difficult to believe that God would ignore the suffering of the world because 2 people tasted a forbidden fruit. That's pretty extreme anger and revenge to exact on an entire human race and scary for little minds to completely understand.

“http://www.stude ntshelp.info”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

http://www.studentshelp.info

#12 Jan 20, 2013
You forget Today 's ERA, Adam-eve and Adam-Steve

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#13 Jan 20, 2013
60s chic wrote:
What a confusing story to teach little children. God punishes Adam and Eve and future generations, yet at the end it says he watched over them. I remember first hearing this story in Sunday school and wondered why we were taught to forgive, yet God could not forgive Adam and Eve for taking a bite of a forbidden fruit? That made me feel that God was probably not too fond of us, and perhaps regretted it having created us. It saddened me to think that generations of people continued to suffer, all to atone for for the 'sin' of 2 otherwise innocent beings they never even personally knew. My thought was , hey, it's not my fault they ate from that tree. I wasn't born yet. When I became old enough, I soon learned the reality of the world - that man is generally the cause of his own joys and sorrows and can create those same experiences for others as well. I find it extremely difficult to believe that God would ignore the suffering of the world because 2 people tasted a forbidden fruit. That's pretty extreme anger and revenge to exact on an entire human race and scary for little minds to completely understand.
Not to mention later in the story, realizing a complete loss of control, this same creator decides to drown everyone except this one family, they must have been Very Brady, just sayin'',, and then tosses in a rainbow for childrens eyes to see a beauty in, again creating a deception that it would never happen again..well, at least by water that is...Things that make you go hymn...
Wide Eyed

Sheridan, AR

#15 Jan 20, 2013
Actually this is probably the most beautiful story out of the bible explaining the pain of life and that it is worth it. True... in the garden they had all that they could have wanted to eat and great beauty but the downside was there would be no children and no opportunity for personal achievement. When they disobeyed, they lost all of the "freebies" but also gained the opportunity to to chose, accomplish and watch future generations do the same. It wasn't punishment. It was a blessing that they took upon themselves.
Not happy

Cicero, IL

#16 Jan 20, 2013
Wide Eyed wrote:
Actually this is probably the most beautiful story out of the bible explaining the pain of life and that it is worth it. True... in the garden they had all that they could have wanted to eat and great beauty but the downside was there would be no children and no opportunity for personal achievement. When they disobeyed, they lost all of the "freebies" but also gained the opportunity to to chose, accomplish and watch future generations do the same. It wasn't punishment. It was a blessing that they took upon themselves.
It was NOT a blessing at all! It was, and is, a punishment! Do you realize how many souls are in Hell, suffering eternal torment that will never, ever end? Do you even realize that even Pope John Paul II has been spotted in Hell?! Do you realize that Hell is exactly as real as Heaven? And do you realize that Hell is no good for human beings?! And Jesus even told us that the pathway to Hell is wide and broad, and that many enter it, and the pathway to Heaven and eternal life is narrow and cramped, and only a few find and enter it. To make matters worse, not everyone who calls him "Lord" will be allowed to enter! That means that some will try to enter through the narrow gate only to find it locked tighter than a steel drum, and Jesus saying "Away from me, you workers of iniquity!" Even recently, Pastor Park says from his near death experience that for every 1 soul that goes to Heaven, roughly 1,000 souls, give or take a few, are thrown into Hell.

Anyone realize how serious this is? Hell is No Good for ANY human beings at all! In fact, according to a plane crash survivor, you would not want the worst person to go to Hell. Not Adolf Hitler, not Osama bin Laden, and not even Saddam Hussein! And yet Pope John Paul II, who was extremely well behaved, has been spotted in Hell before! Even numerous PASTORS and PRIESTS of CHURCHES have been spotted in Hell before!
Not happy

Cicero, IL

#17 Jan 20, 2013
60s chic wrote:
God IS fond of mankind. But God exclusively COMMANDED Adam and Eve to AVOID eating the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of good and evil! God told them, point blank; "You are NEVER to eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil!" But Adam and Eve disobeyed Him and ate the forbidden fruit. And as God is infinitely holy, He will NOT let Anything stained with sin or iniquity into His kingdom.
Wide Eyed

Sheridan, AR

#18 Jan 20, 2013
Not happy wrote:
<quoted text>
It was NOT a blessing at all! It was, and is, a punishment! Do you realize how many souls are in Hell, suffering eternal torment that will never, ever end? Do you even realize that even Pope John Paul II has been spotted in Hell?! Do you realize that Hell is exactly as real as Heaven? And do you realize that Hell is no good for human beings?! And Jesus even told us that the pathway to Hell is wide and broad, and that many enter it, and the pathway to Heaven and eternal life is narrow and cramped, and only a few find and enter it. To make matters worse, not everyone who calls him "Lord" will be allowed to enter! That means that some will try to enter through the narrow gate only to find it locked tighter than a steel drum, and Jesus saying "Away from me, you workers of iniquity!" Even recently, Pastor Park says from his near death experience that for every 1 soul that goes to Heaven, roughly 1,000 souls, give or take a few, are thrown into Hell.
Anyone realize how serious this is? Hell is No Good for ANY human beings at all! In fact, according to a plane crash survivor, you would not want the worst person to go to Hell. Not Adolf Hitler, not Osama bin Laden, and not even Saddam Hussein! And yet Pope John Paul II, who was extremely well behaved, has been spotted in Hell before! Even numerous PASTORS and PRIESTS of CHURCHES have been spotted in Hell before!
lmao.... is there paparazzi in hell?
Not happy

Cicero, IL

#19 Jan 20, 2013
justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention later in the story, realizing a complete loss of control, this same creator decides to drown everyone except this one family, they must have been Very Brady, just sayin'',, and then tosses in a rainbow for childrens eyes to see a beauty in, again creating a deception that it would never happen again..well, at least by water that is...Things that make you go hymn...
I hear you clearly on that one! When God expelled Adam and Eve from the garden, He told them that Eve would suffer tremendous pain during childbirth, Adam would earn his bread by the sweat of his brow, and both would know pain and suffering. And who would have guessed that even all that would be nothing compared to what would happen in the future. Adam and Eve's own son Cain murdered his brother Abel in cold blood, which was the first homicide in history. Literally, the first homicide occured right in Adam and Eve's own household! And then just a few generations later, all hell broke loose throughout the world as all but 8 had become totally evil and nasty. Society was literally ravaged with war, murder, bloodshed, theft, robbery, adultery, arson, violence, slander, and practically every nasty sin you could think of. And it got SO bad that God said; "Enough is enough; I am going to have to destroy mankind." It got SO bad that it actually grieved God's heart that He made man!

“Where DO missing socks go?”

Level 7

Since: Jun 11

They run away to join the show

#20 Jan 20, 2013
If the bible proves gods existance then comic books prove superman exists

“Mrs_E”

Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#21 Jan 20, 2013
Interesting reading...
Im gonna go get an apple and hang out under that fig tree over there>>>>>> cuz, Im feeling hellfire fixin to fly.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A six word game (Dec '08) 4 min Vector aka Victor... 17,950
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 6 min Vector aka Victor... 1,757
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 7 min Vector aka Victor... 26,405
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min WhyAllTheFuss 126,221
3 "NEW" words from last 3 letters without using... (Sep '12) 9 min Vector aka Victor... 1,490
tellmealie (Dec '12) 35 min CJ Rocker 296
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 42 min CJ Rocker 7,762
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Michael 150,873
Bill Cosby 2 hr Emerald 82
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 hr -Shaman- 23,839
Two chocolate makers warn of huge annual deficit 4 hr FTW Forever 73

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE