85-year-old man accused of felony assault with cane

Jan 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg

An 85-year-old accused of using his cane as a deadly weapon repeatedly told a Denver judge Thursday that he couldn't hear most of the proceedings that were taking place inside the courtroom.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 43 of43
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Proud White Woman for life!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I'd better lay off the Moon Pies, so maybe I could get out on good behavior.
LOL! With this line of thought, parents could be accused of assaulting their obese and diabetic kids with sugar cane.

“BEING DOGGED IS A ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

PAIN IN THE TAIL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Bar Fly_ok wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously Tally?
I'm not talking about the law, I'm talking about human compassion.
A guy who is handed a citation pad and rides around for free is not doing this out of the kindness of his heart or civil duty, he's a wanna be. He probably gets his jollies by playing cop.
He probably could have approached the old guy by asking him if he was ok. A old man sleeping in his car should have been a red flag. He most likely woke up and was confused, and add some guy running his yap about a parking space, he might have been scared too. The so called cop for a day could of easily asked if he need assistance, call a family member for him. Instead he most likely wanted to be a big shot and he took the guys expired permit away. That isn't part of his job and I seriously have an issue with some jack wagon being handed a ticket book just so he can play cop for a day. Remind me never to visit this city.
He got a headache from a rap on the head, big whoop. No stitches, no lumps, no massive head trauma. Hell, reading your post have given me a headache for two days ..... see you in court.
be serious then , the compassion goes to the one with the permit.... your car insurance runs out at midnight and you drive , should the insurer be compassionate if you have an accident , and the law is the law ... handicap is an ordinance

a law ... geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze

and nobody should be beat like a slave... or even beaten at all . where do you figure breaking law is legal

“I will not change .....”

Level 5

Since: May 10

to satisfy your petty needs

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
be serious then , the compassion goes to the one with the permit.... your car insurance runs out at midnight and you drive , should the insurer be compassionate if you have an accident , and the law is the law ... handicap is an ordinance
a law ... geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze
and nobody should be beat like a slave... or even beaten at all . where do you figure breaking law is legal
And I understand that, it isn't me who broke the law.
I'm saying the derp with the citation pad could of handled the whole thing differently, with compassion. If a person becomes combative, he should have called a cop before it escalated.
Please tell me that lot's of officials and cop's families don't get away with breaking the law all the time. A cops wife is flying down the road at 90 and gets pulled over, she is more then likely given a pass, it's a courtesy. She's more a danger then an old fart sitting in his car sleeping. You are comparing 2 different scenarios. I imagine his family didn't even notice that he was becoming odd.
Hell Tally, being a judge you should be able to read people and see how this played out. The 66 year old was probably being an ass. If you don't know how to approach people, then you shouldn't be allowed to play the big man.
The trouble with these stories on here is that we don't know all the fact. I stand by my opinion and some sue happy little toad will probably win the day and wipe out the old guys saving. All over a rap on the head because he most likely scared an old dude who thought he had to defend himself. Some justice system we have .... phfttt!
Common sense is so uncommon now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 43 of43
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••