Posted in the Weird Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Level 8

Since: Dec 12

H

#1 Apr 13, 2013
I hope everyone that reads this enjoys it. I write a little and wanted to share something in a positive manner.

Life often gives us moments that can make a difference in our lives, from which we can learn, grow, and mature in ways we never knew. However, it is what we do with those moments, that truly make a difference in our own lives, as well as the lives around us. We are all faced with struggles, but it is in those very moments, when we, as individuals truly need to see the beauty that surrounds each and every one of us. No matter the sadness, the tragedy, the outcome, or the circumstances, there is and always will be beauty.

We see so many people around us hold onto the past, while continuing to hold onto pain, suffering and an undesired outlook that things will not improve. I will say, that by this point in life, we both have been through so many things that could have broken each of us, but it was through God's love and grace, that we were able to see, understand, appreciate, and utilize the beauty and strength that was offered through all that was and is beautiful in our lives. Both of us, having been brought up in the Church, know that the world can be full of hate and misguided influences, and through it all we have found strength, beauty and courage in those around us, in ourselves, and most importantly in God's word.

It is important to know that we are given opportunities, both good and bad, in which we can become better people, and learn to use those lessons to help others. This life is not just about our individual selves, but about our loved ones and the broader community, in which we live. this community is large, and does not include just the geographic location in which we reside, but in the hearts in which we are nested. This community spreads far beyond our eyes and minds, but deep within other people beyond those we know. This is why our energy, whether positive or negative, reaches more than just our intended audience, and our perceived presence in that community is seen by more than we know.

It is through this, that we each, have found that we have a bigger impact than we ever realized. As you read this, please think about every word typed before you. In each person around us, there is some quality of beauty, that we have seen. Had it not been there, that person would not be in our lives. It is important, to always see that and appreciate it. It is also important, not to take action without considering that gift, the beautiful thing we see and once saw. Our actions and words impact the very hearts of, not only those around us, but ripple out like a pebble tossed into the waters of life, to each person beyond the very ones close to each of us. We must take care in what we each say and do, for the chain reaction we each start with those words and actions is uncontrollable once the act has been done. If we choose to be positive in what we say and do, that in turn, creates more positive reactions which ripple out to very shores of other peoples lives. So, before tossing that stone into the water of life, make it a positive and meaningful action so that the water that washes upon the shore does not erode the very fabric of the beauty that surrounds us. Kindness in action is far greater than any of the grandest intentions.

Life's lessons teach us to love deeply, live lightly and freely, care much, laugh loud, impact positively, sing proud, and hug passionately. It also teaches us to forgive often and from the heart, to give freely of ourselves, ask the right questions when appropriate, offer strength when others have none, and work to change things for the community around us....that bigger community that our eyes cannot see, but our hearts can feel. It is at that point, when we do these things, we are a part of the beauty that surrounds us!

Whoever reads this completely...Thank you!!

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

#2 Apr 13, 2013
Mack Trucker wrote:
I hope everyone that reads this enjoys it. I write a little and wanted to share something in a positive manner.
Life often gives us moments that can make a difference in our lives, from which we can learn, grow, and mature in ways we never knew. However, it is what we do with those moments, that truly make a difference in our own lives, as well as the lives around us. We are all faced with struggles, but it is in those very moments, when we, as individuals truly need to see the beauty that surrounds each and every one of us. No matter the sadness, the tragedy, the outcome, or the circumstances, there is and always will be beauty.
We see so many people around us hold onto the past, while continuing to hold onto pain, suffering and an undesired outlook that things will not improve. I will say, that by this point in life, we both have been through so many things that could have broken each of us, but it was through God's love and grace, that we were able to see, understand, appreciate, and utilize the beauty and strength that was offered through all that was and is beautiful in our lives. Both of us, having been brought up in the Church, know that the world can be full of hate and misguided influences, and through it all we have found strength, beauty and courage in those around us, in ourselves, and most importantly in God's word.
It is important to know that we are given opportunities, both good and bad, in which we can become better people, and learn to use those lessons to help others. This life is not just about our individual selves, but about our loved ones and the broader community, in which we live. this community is large, and does not include just the geographic location in which we reside, but in the hearts in which we are nested. This community spreads far beyond our eyes and minds, but deep within other people beyond those we know. This is why our energy, whether positive or negative, reaches more than just our intended audience, and our perceived presence in that community is seen by more than we know.
It is through this, that we each, have found that we have a bigger impact than we ever realized. As you read this, please think about every word typed before you. In each person around us, there is some quality of beauty, that we have seen. Had it not been there, that person would not be in our lives. It is important, to always see that and appreciate it. It is also important, not to take action without considering that gift, the beautiful thing we see and once saw. Our actions and words impact the very hearts of, not only those around us, but ripple out like a pebble tossed into the waters of life, to each person beyond the very ones close to each of us. We must take care in what we each say and do, for the chain reaction we each start with those words and actions is uncontrollable once the act has been done. If we choose to be positive in what we say and do, that in turn, creates more positive reactions which ripple out to very shores of other peoples lives. So, before tossing that stone into the water of life, make it a positive and meaningful action so that the water that washes upon the shore does not erode the very fabric of the beauty that surrounds us. Kindness in action is far greater than any of the grandest intentions.
Life's lessons teach us to love deeply, live lightly and freely, care much, laugh loud, impact positively, sing proud, and hug passionately. It also teaches us to forgive often and from the heart, to give freely of ourselves, ask the right questions when appropriate, offer strength when others have none, and work to change things for the community around us....that bigger community that our eyes cannot see, but our hearts can feel. It is at that point, when we do these things, we are a part of the beauty that surrounds us!
Gloop?

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Apr 13, 2013
The Gloop wrote:
<quoted text>Gloop?
Thais for netting it out for the rest of us.
Level 8

H

#4 Apr 13, 2013
I knew I would get some responses like that. Everyone in this country can't always be nice, but thanks for reading it anyway. Have a great night!:)
Cindy

Union City, TN

#5 Apr 13, 2013
Mack Trucker wrote:
I knew I would get some responses like that. Everyone in this country can't always be nice, but thanks for reading it anyway. Have a great night!:)
Thank you, Mack Trucker, I needed this ... especially tonight *****
Level 8

H

#6 Apr 13, 2013
Cindy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Mack Trucker, I needed this ... especially tonight *****
Thank you Cindy...I appreciate you taking the time to read it and I am glad that it helped in some way for you.:)
Mid-West Girl

Kansas City, MO

#7 Apr 14, 2013
That's absolutely beautiful. It's refreshing to see a thread like this. Great job, and keep on writing. You have special gift.

“near Halloween.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#8 Apr 14, 2013
For >

Mark Tucker..#1.

I liked your post 'and how you express yourself'
a lot;

you obviously have great insight,
like you say, everything in life affects our future>
chance meetings, one off unexpected happenings life happenings, etc.

When one is young, they possess the gift of
physical beauty, which stands on it's own..
and.. is of 'it's time'
and very much part of life..

something,
tho'
fleeting, which must be admired for what it is..
but, in time, as we know, whilst physical beauty fades,
as it should and must indeed;

but, as it does..
a wisdom comes forward, guiding the way >
pieces of life's jigsaw fit into place in a far easier
way than ever before -

the mind kind of expands in later years..

all part of this great, mysterious, complicated, wonderful, ever changing
experience we cal 'living'..

Looking forward to reading more of what
you have to say.

Regards:

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#9 Apr 14, 2013
Mack Trucker wrote:
Beautiful spoken...Thank you!
Level 8

H

#10 Apr 15, 2013
Thank you very much "Mid-West Girl," "Grace Nerissa," and "honeymylove." I was glad that you all enjoyed reading this. I will be posting more soon. I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and that the week goes well for each of you.
Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#11 Apr 15, 2013
Mack Trucker wrote:
Beautiful in sentiment.
Profound in thought.
Water to the thirsty.

Thank you
Level 8

H

#12 Apr 15, 2013
__Quintessence__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Beautiful in sentiment.
Profound in thought.
Water to the thirsty.
Thank you
Thank you so much...I really appreciate the compliment. I plan on posting a few more of my writings soon. I hope your weekend went well and that you have a wonderful day friend.:)

“HAPPY THANKSGIVING”

Level 9

Since: May 12

Wink, Smile, and Waving @ U

#13 Apr 15, 2013
This touched my heart. And made me reflect on a lot.
Level 8

H

#14 Apr 15, 2013
I am glad to know that this touched your heart "ms_Sweeter." When I was writing this particular piece, I too, was reflecting on a lot in my life. I thank you for taking the time to read this. You have a great day and hopefully, you and I can talk again soon.:)
Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#15 Apr 15, 2013
Mack Trucker wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much...I really appreciate the compliment. I plan on posting a few more of my writings soon. I hope your weekend went well and that you have a wonderful day friend.:)
It was a long weekend but worth the work. Hard days do have their pay.

:) Thank you. Hope yours was delightful as well.
Rather be lost in your neck of the woods.. It's pleasant here. Write some more too!
:)
Level 8

H

#16 Apr 15, 2013
__Quintessence__ wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a long weekend but worth the work. Hard days do have their pay.
:) Thank you. Hope yours was delightful as well.
Rather be lost in your neck of the woods.. It's pleasant here. Write some more too!
:)
Saturday was rather busy for me, but I was fortunate enough to have had only a few things to do yesterday. I always like seeing positive threads where people don't fight back and forth. I love the game rooms, as I am sure you have already noticed, but at times you will see me create my own thread, such as this one. I know there are some negative comments on most every thread that is intended to be created for good conversation, but unfortunately, that is how some people are. Expect to see more of my writing soon friend.:)

“= Always Thinking =”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#17 Apr 15, 2013
Now wait a minute is this the 'trucker''i' remember from Paragould forum?
Such passion and understanding, you sure your a guy? Tee Hee!
It was very well written and expressed in a flowing
easy to understand and complete format.
The truest words ever spoken:
It is through God's love and grace, that we are able to see, understand, appreciate, and utilize the beauty and strength that is offered through all that is good and is beautiful in our lives.
Good going buddy.
Level 8

H

#18 Apr 15, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Now wait a minute is this the 'trucker''i' remember from Paragould forum?
Such passion and understanding, you sure your a guy? Tee Hee!
It was very well written and expressed in a flowing
easy to understand and complete format.
The truest words ever spoken:
It is through God's love and grace, that we are able to see, understand, appreciate, and utilize the beauty and strength that is offered through all that is good and is beautiful in our lives.
Good going buddy.
Good morning "Hoosier Hillbilly."

Yes, you know me...It's the same guy from over in the Paragould forum. You know how that forum can be sometimes. I don't visit there that often anymore, since you introduced me to "Offbeat." Oh, yeah, I am definitely a guy...lol...I appreciate the complement on my writing. I enjoy taking some time for me every once in a while and putting my thoughts down on paper. It's just another way for me to release what I am feeling inside. I hope you have a great day buddy!!:)

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#19 Apr 15, 2013
Just wanted to stop by and say GOOD MORNING..I love what is going on here.Some really nice people here(O:
Level 8

H

#20 Apr 15, 2013
honeymylove wrote:
Just wanted to stop by and say GOOD MORNING..I love what is going on here.Some really nice people here(O:
Good morning to you as well "honeymylove."

I am glad you stopped by...Good morning to you as well. Yes, I am enjoying talking to the nice people on this thread. You know you are one of those people. I really enjoy your postings. Have a great day!! Stop back by sometime soon.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NFL Football (Jul '10) 2 min Go Blue Forever 1,730
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min SobieskiSavedEurope 126,737
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 3 min Pity Party 7,944
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 4 min Enzo49 6,582
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min Help Desk 23,927
hoosier hillbilly (Sep '12) 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,496
True or False Game 9 min Hoosier Hillbilly 864
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 18 min dandylioness 150,957
Topix Talk 21 min Hoosier Hillbilly 71
Bill Cosby 4 hr Dr Wu 143