City honors Kurt Cobain with bizarre ...

City honors Kurt Cobain with bizarre crying statue

There are 157 comments on the Colorado Daily story from Feb 21, 2014, titled City honors Kurt Cobain with bizarre crying statue. In it, Colorado Daily reports that:

Thursday was Kurt Cobain Day in Aberdeen, according to RollingStone.com , which reported festivities turned awkward with the unveiling of the statue in the town's museum, featuring Cobain shedding a solitary tear.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Colorado Daily.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#150 Feb 25, 2014
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are unable to comprehend artistic expression borne from pain, fear or anger, then it's not for you.
May I also recommend avoiding most of Beethoven's symphonies, Mozart's Don Giovanni and almost every Opera ever composed.
For some folks here, if the lyrics don't include a dog, horse, pickup and/or tractor, it "ain't" music. LOL
In defense of Marissa

Schaumburg, IL

#151 Feb 25, 2014
My client, though admittedly not a Cobain fan, has strong anti-Ferrerman AND strong anti-Obama sentiment and must be accepted FOR THAT ALONE (<---pause for dramatic effect) regardless of her disheveled status in the disheveled group formerly not necessarily known as "The Clique".

I now throw my client on the mercy of Bex. And may Dork have mercy on her soul....
FTW

United States

#152 Feb 25, 2014
I loved Nirvana when I was younger. Still do. As I grew up though I came to realize that while his songs where good, Kurt was a weak and whinny sissy. Pretty much an overgrown needy 10 year old. I still like them but his music is not nearly as deep or profound as people make it out to be. It's mostly just bitching with a couple of gems.
FTW

United States

#153 Feb 25, 2014
^^^^ His drug of choice kinda shows my point.
Save your defense

Jackson, MO

#154 Feb 25, 2014
...and all the name dropping .. as if you didn't get enough attention everywhere else. As for her, she wanted to spar and so 'they' did.

Nirvana - Jesus Don't Want Me For A Sunbeam
Save your defense

Jackson, MO

#155 Feb 25, 2014
I don't believe Kurt would have wanted such a thing .. when, as has been said, the money could be spent more wisely in this day and age.

Hey, they could build another temple to worship in or another clinic to help break addictions that lead to death.

Nirvana - Something In The Way

“Southern Pride”

Level 7

Since: Feb 11

American right to fly it

#156 Feb 25, 2014
In defense of Marissa wrote:
My client, though admittedly not a Cobain fan, has strong anti-Ferrerman AND strong anti-Obama sentiment and must be accepted FOR THAT ALONE (<---pause for dramatic effect) regardless of her disheveled status in the disheveled group formerly not necessarily known as "The Clique".
I now throw my client on the mercy of Bex. And may Dork have mercy on her soul....
You're so stupid, lol.
I wasn't rude to her.
Right there in black and white, or do you not speck egrlish pretty good.

Ferret like thoughts from a ferret sized ..... brain.
how you doin

United States

#157 Feb 25, 2014
I want to smoke crack while raping hot pret33ns
Ayup

Jackson, MO

#158 Feb 25, 2014
Fish_sticks wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so stupid, lol.
I wasn't rude to her.
Right there in black and white, or do you not speck egrlish pretty good.
Ferret like thoughts from a ferret sized ..... brain.
That was ridiculous he had to come in here and make this about him.
Life and Death of Kurt Cobain - animated

“Heading into Autumn”

Level 8

Since: Dec 06

#159 Feb 25, 2014
how you doin wrote:
Freddie mercury was the best vocalist/front man ever
I agree 100%- that's my opinion too.

They BROKE THE MOULD when he was made.
FTW

United States

#161 Feb 26, 2014
Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text>
and that is it in a NUT shell, sdee basically you will whine wheedle and cajle when someone doe not want to bake you a cake for a gay wedding, but you will sit back and express the most vicious hate imaginable for anyone who dares to impugn your self righteous sense of indignation. and that is the crux of it all you liberals never are satisfied, you never honor your agreements and you never live up to the standards you want for everyone else. you are the most intolerant people on the face of this planet. You lie and censor and harass every chance you get. You the true bigots of this nation.
Yep!
SLASH

Poplar Bluff, MO

#163 Feb 26, 2014
Man loved the years I sent him calendars so he'd remember to stop by when we were near by.

These were his favorites .. but it distracted him to I believe because he ...
He was ahead of his times and will never be forgot in this century or more to come. Peace Kurt.

luv ya forever dude
Ozzie

Concord, CA

#164 Feb 26, 2014
Marcavage s Trick wrote:
Better than a statue with brains on its pedestal, I guess. Unless you want to talk realism.
I agree.

in a sad way.

one tear.

Oz..
darrell howland

London, UK

#167 Mar 4, 2014
Kurts death was tragic, and Nirvana's music will always bring back good and bad memories of my troubled teenage years. Whats everyones fav Nirvana song and why? check out dream myself dead(poems and verses) on Amazon books..its either seriously right or seriously wrong!!

Since: Feb 15

Radovis, Macedonia

#168 Feb 13, 2015
http://www.lifeborder.com/2015/01/25/kurt-cob...

a lot of arts,comics,journals and song ideas from Kurt

“Very cute!”

Level 1

Since: Apr 13

United States

#171 Apr 4, 2015
:)

Since: Sep 14

Finland

#172 Apr 6, 2015
Marissa 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Beatles deserve statues...
Paul McCartney had his "dark period" as well. Just like the Stones.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51DH6E2...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 min DILF 13,350
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 2 min DILF 32,885
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 4 min DILF 2,504
News Kanye West Stuns With Lengthy, Bizarre VMAs Spe... 5 min DILF 14
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 10 min Mega Monster 43,743
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min Goodbye 173,870
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 13 min Vector aka Victor... 2,603
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Spirit67_ 29,737
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Mister_ E 169,503
Words that annoy you? 3 hr DILF 25