City honors Kurt Cobain with bizarre ...

City honors Kurt Cobain with bizarre crying statue

There are 157 comments on the Colorado Daily story from Feb 21, 2014, titled City honors Kurt Cobain with bizarre crying statue. In it, Colorado Daily reports that:

Thursday was Kurt Cobain Day in Aberdeen, according to RollingStone.com , which reported festivities turned awkward with the unveiling of the statue in the town's museum, featuring Cobain shedding a solitary tear.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Colorado Daily.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#62 Feb 22, 2014
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's only because your country is a giant shytehole. And your comment is completely irrelevant and I just ran out of fucksto give.
Yet, if I recall correctly, you've previously said that at least for many years you studied, lived and worked here, thereby financially benefiting from the U. S., of which you speak so disparagingly. If you must hold your nose to stay here, why bother doing that? Almost certainly your beloved Canada could use another hedonistic hypocrite! Don't let the turnstile hit you as you leave!

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#63 Feb 22, 2014
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, if I recall correctly, you've previously said that at least for many years you studied, lived and worked here, thereby financially benefiting from the U. S., of which you speak so disparagingly. If you must hold your nose to stay here, why bother doing that? Almost certainly your beloved Canada could use another hedonistic hypocrite! Don't let the turnstile hit you as you leave!
Not only did I study, work and live there. I was born there. However, I now live across the Atlantic and rarely return to the u.s. Only if it's an absolute must and under protest at that.

I left ages ago. And was careful of the turnstile.
LOL

Perrysburg, OH

#64 Feb 22, 2014
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
I normally don't agree with you on much, but I gotta give you an "amen" on this one, brother!

Amen.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#65 Feb 22, 2014
Polly wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you miss where victoria1 called America a shythole of a country?
You are out of line, but then many so called Christians and Atheist are.
No, I am not out of line in criticizing the near fraud, Mother Teresa, nor in criticizing fundie, nor the RCC "religious" freeek here who is unable and unwilling to accept new information. She's back in the time of Aquinas still and will always be.
LibzR EnviroMENTAL Whacks

Perrysburg, OH

#66 Feb 22, 2014
Fundies R Mentally ill wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am not out of line in criticizing the near fraud, Mother Teresa, nor in criticizing fundie, nor the RCC "religious" freeek here who is unable and unwilling to accept new information. She's back in the time of Aquinas still and will always be.
Go hug a tree, preferably one in close proximity to high voltage power transmission lines...
Tom Poppas

Jackson, MO

#67 Feb 22, 2014
Fundies R Mentally ill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are out of line for going off topic and TROLLING this forum
and you are under the impression you are such a professional
that others don't recognize you and meaBadboys.

Now look what you've encouraged me to do.

Yank your own pal .. and have a nice day.
PS, could you take vic with you.

HA HA
Tom Poppas

Jackson, MO

#68 Feb 22, 2014
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>I normally don't agree with you on much, but I gotta give you an "amen" on this one, brother!
Amen.
AMan !

LOL

**isn't this fun? who'da thunk trolling could be so much fun?

Nirvana - I'm Not Gonna Crack
&li st=RDuT1BuLYt2RU
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#69 Feb 22, 2014
Tom Poppas wrote:
<quoted text>
You are out
HA HA
You poor thing.

Some "religious" person got upset over the name of a band because the poster has an empty mind, and I replied, informing the unfortunate of the band's name.

Also, the same unfortunate made some remark about addicts and suicide victims. I merely suggested she run down to her local VA Post and repeat her thoughts on those topics there.

Sniffle.
Nirvana

Jackson, MO

#70 Feb 22, 2014
Aneurysm
&li st=RDuT1BuLYt2RU

R.I. P.

“No time like the present”

Since: Jul 08

to make it happen!

#72 Feb 22, 2014
Kurt Cobain made a few good records. Big deal. Groundbreaking? Influential? Only to those bands who lacked any sort of their own creativity.

He was a drug addled, mental case who killed himself. It's tragic but it is what it is.

Aberdeen is hoping to cash in with a little bit of blood money. If Kurt's family wants to allow that, then so be it. It's their business.(And the tax-payers footing the bill.)

But make no mistake - it's for money. If the city of Aberdeen thought they could get ROI by bronzing a pile of dog-sh!t and putting it in the town square, they wouldn't hesitate.

“Vintage 1949”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

...lightly salted...

#73 Feb 22, 2014
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only did I study, work and live there. I was born there. However, I now live across the Atlantic and rarely return to the u.s. Only if it's an absolute must and under protest at that.
I would like to personally say Thank You for leaving my country...it's my last fuckto give out today...
vic2

Jackson, MO

#74 Feb 22, 2014
PLEASE ,.. May I assure you ,... ENZO and anyone else that dare say what their minds believe,.. without all the politic correctness that some are so PRUDISH about ,....
IT was all my pleasure.

PEACE .. regardless ??<3

''

0f course you know that wasn't what she (the imposer victoria1) will say.

WHERE DOES TOPIX draw the line and how are we all to know .. who is allowed to speak and exercise the

FREEDOM OF SPEECH without .. regard?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

'

ban says and I QUOTE: you'r banned ms vic. Time to change your name .. or attitude as some of the rest of us are being taught? Are we not able to DISAGREE w/o being so OFFENSIVE?
BAM !

Let's (anyone who gives a flock)(sorry) contribute to cleaning up a bit of the unnecessary verbal vomit and I'll promise to play by those rules as well.

Think TOPIX could SURVIVAL IT?..survive? SHAREvival?

Thanks and Peace
vic2

Jackson, MO

#75 Feb 22, 2014
For all we know Mz Mahem is gettin' her beauty rest and dreamin'
about all the FREE rent,

Kurt Cobain
DUMB

DD - i agree, but who am "I" to say,... w/o sounding judgement?

“Southern Pride”

Level 7

Since: Feb 11

American right to fly it

#76 Feb 22, 2014
Whatever people, I happen to love Kurt Cobain.
His music was sincere opinions and sarcastic opinions, he was a horse of a different colour.
He was like many who are out there, struggled through life and found in the end that he couldn't handle it. His music lives on and I for one enjoy listening to it still today.

\m/
yo

Fort Worth, TX

#77 Feb 22, 2014
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>Not only did I study, work and live there. I was born there. However, I now live across the Atlantic and rarely return to the u.s. Only if it's an absolute must and under protest at that.

You are a fuc$ing bit(h. You need to give up your U.S. citizenship. We don't need scum like you, glad you left.

“Vintage 1949”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

...lightly salted...

#78 Feb 22, 2014
yo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a fuc$ing bit(h. You need to give up your U.S. citizenship. We don't need scum like you, glad you left.
There's no need to get nasty or portray the image of 'the ugly American'. There's enough of that in the media nowadays. Besides, her existence/opinion is rather inconsequential...wouldn't you agree?...
how you doin

East Hartford, CT

#79 Feb 22, 2014
Freddie mercury was the best vocalist/front man ever
how you doin

East Hartford, CT

#80 Feb 22, 2014
Don't let this rape turn into a murder
yo

Fort Worth, TX

#81 Feb 22, 2014
Enzo49 wrote:
<quoted text>There's no need to get nasty or portray the image of 'the ugly American'. There's enough of that in the media nowadays. Besides, her existence/opinion is rather inconsequential...wouldn't you agree?...
Yes, you are correct. I'm just protective of this magnificent country.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#82 Feb 22, 2014
Dr_Dirty wrote:
Kurt Cobain made a few good records. Big deal. Groundbreaking? Influential? Only to those bands who lacked any sort of their own creativity.
He was a drug addled, mental case who killed himself. It's tragic but it is what it is.
Aberdeen is hoping to cash in with a little bit of blood money. If Kurt's family wants to allow that, then so be it. It's their business.(And the tax-payers footing the bill.)
But make no mistake - it's for money. If the city of Aberdeen thought they could get ROI by bronzing a pile of dog-sh!t and putting it in the town square, they wouldn't hesitate.
That's the point I was making...we agree 100%...:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
One Word (Jan '09) 1 min Poppyann 16,342
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 2 min Poppyann 15,876
2words into 2new words (May '12) 7 min Princess Hey 2,351
human sexuality topic ? 8 min Dman 9
News Man arrested after 'putting his PENIS on superm... 10 min andet1987 32
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 31 min ChromiuMan 199,553
Just start naming actors and actresses (Sep '11) 40 min Mega Monster 5,239
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Mega Monster 56,916
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 3 hr Crystal_Clear722 7,407
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr Northbound 193,004