City honors Kurt Cobain with bizarre crying statue

Feb 21, 2014 Full story: Colorado Daily 154

Thursday was Kurt Cobain Day in Aberdeen, according to RollingStone.com , which reported festivities turned awkward with the unveiling of the statue in the town's museum, featuring Cobain shedding a solitary tear.

Full Story

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#42 Feb 22, 2014
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
*you're*
Very good...I'm impressed...:)

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#43 Feb 22, 2014
9:30am here, Good morning.

Location hidden

#44 Feb 22, 2014
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hole is the name of Courtney Love's band. LOL.
http://youtu.be/O3dWBLoU--E
Who cares???

Location hidden

#45 Feb 22, 2014
victoria1 wrote:
9:30am here, Good morning.
Happy shopping...:)

Level 7

Since: Mar 12

U.K

#46 Feb 22, 2014
I think the statue sounds very appropriate and it's fitting that it should come about on the 20th year. It goes to show that the music has stood the test of time, irrespective of what anyone may think of him as a man. It's not making him a role model, it's acknowledging his contribution to music and hailing the town from which he came. IMO, Kurt's band was unique and really started the 90's sound, helping to define it, musically.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#47 Feb 22, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh? You think you could teach anyone about Christianity? You called the woman a Hole. Is that your idea of anything resembling Christianity? We're getting off topic though. You just stay here and talk to yourself then.
I'm not the one running around braying 'bout jaysus all the time, however.

Next time you don't know anything about anything...keep posting. It's fun to see what springs from your noggin.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#48 Feb 22, 2014
Marissa 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Mother Theresa...her life was devoted to helping the VERY sick and Poor....she was a better role model for us...than Curt Cobain.
I'm sure she has a statue. Is she a saint yet? There's plenty of notice about her. Why don't you ever know anything?

BTW, she wasn't all sweetness and light. The documentary about her showed how aggressive and ambitious she was. And her own diaries show how angry and doubting she was in her faith.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#49 Feb 22, 2014
Marissa 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't EVER compare Kurt Cobain's death...to the deaths of Vets serving in the armed forces...these brave people deserved to be treated better by our Country...they should have received some type of therapy...I would think it impossible to come home from a war...and just resume life...as before going to war. My brother-in-law is a Viet Nam Vet...he had a very hard time, when he came home. Thankfully, somehow he was able to work it out...but he never speaks about that time in his life. He's more of a Hero, than Kurt Cobain, ever will be...no lol
It's right wing and "religious" freeks who routinely make disparaging comments about those who die from drugs or from other forms of suicide.

I merely asked why your heartless and self righteous comment about Cobain would not also apply to vets, you know, since your thoughtless comments were so general.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#50 Feb 22, 2014
Marissa 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares???
A typical "religious" response to someone pointing out that you opened your mouth to disparage someone for allegedly making some reference to a woman's anatomy, or whatever was bouncing around in your empty skull, without knowing the first thing...such as the band's name.

Instead of replying, "Oh, I didn't realize, I retract my abusive remarks directed towards that poster," all a "religious" kook can do is say, "Who cares??

That's why "religious" freeeks will always remain ignorant. Or one reason.
Short Bus Driver

Wilmington, OH

#51 Feb 22, 2014
Fundies R Mentally ill wrote:
<quoted text>
It's right wing and "religious" freeks who routinely make disparaging comments about those who die from drugs or from other forms of suicide.
I merely asked why your heartless and self righteous comment about Cobain would not also apply to vets, you know, since your thoughtless comments were so general.
<quoted text>
I'm not the one running around braying 'bout jaysus all the time, however.
Next time you don't know anything about anything...keep posting. It's fun to see what springs from your noggin.
Sit down and SHUT UP, or I'll have your 2 dads double your Xanax dosage, AGAIN!!!!
Petty n Catty

Jackson, MO

#52 Feb 22, 2014
Suppose this hit the top since Cobain's birthday was remembered a couple days ago.

Lithium - A chemical they use to maintain a balance in brain activity?
Looks as though many could use some. Though it won't change your personality or bad behavior. They don't offer most folks Xanax.

KURT / LITHIUM

Tpx - does my name offend you? LOL
Hole - haha

Jackson, MO

#53 Feb 22, 2014
Smells Like Teen Spirit

He was a talented musician and did make a remarkable contribution to the music industry.

I didn't know Love's band was named Hole. Hmmm, we can learn something in most every conversation .. here on Topix.
Kurt Cobain

Jackson, MO

#54 Feb 22, 2014
Come As You Are
&li st=RDWHZ9jh7IhkU

.. and feck what the judgits think about you.

Don't imagine Kurt told many (if any) with an opinion to 'Shut Up', but I'm sure had he .. someone would have laughed and slapped him down for his.

Topix didn't exist back then.

Heart Shaped BOX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Words
Nirvana

Jackson, MO

#55 Feb 22, 2014
The Man Who Sold The World
&li st=RDWHZ9jh7IhkU

There are lyrics included .. for those that don't mind reading a few more words.
Polly

Jackson, MO

#56 Feb 22, 2014
<quoted text>
A typical "religious" response to someone pointing out that you opened your mouth to disparage someone for allegedly making some reference to a woman's anatomy, or whatever was bouncing around in your empty skull, without knowing the first thing...such as the band's name.
Instead of replying, "Oh, I didn't realize, I retract my abusive remarks directed towards that poster," all a "religious" kook can do is say, "Who cares??
That's why "religious" freeeks will always remain ignorant. Or one reason.
Did you miss where victoria1 called America a shythole of a country?
You are out of line, but then many so called Christians and Atheist are.

In Bloom
&li st=RDWHZ9jh7IhkU

Likes to sing a long and likes to shoot his gun... but he don't know what it means,
don't know what it means, don't know what it means.

Polly Wants a Cracker
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#57 Feb 22, 2014
Polly wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you miss where victoria1 called America a shythole of a country?
I only speak the truth.
Perhaps

Jackson, MO

#58 Feb 22, 2014
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I only speak the truth.
Perhaps and Topix lets you get away with it too dollface.
POP&T

Enjoy your shopping.:)
FTW

United States

#59 Feb 22, 2014
Marissa 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Mother Theresa...her life was devoted to helping the VERY sick and Poor....she was a better role model for us...than Curt Cobain.
Mother Theresa was no role model! She was not a very good person at all. Look into it. She used sick people and only encouraged their suffering.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#60 Feb 22, 2014
Perhaps wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps and Topix lets you get away with it too dollface.
POP&T
Enjoy your shopping.:)
Topix let's me get away with an opinion? ooh noo. Blasphemous.

I enjoyed my shopping 5 hours ago. It's time to go out for dinner now.
Hmmmmmmmm

Jackson, MO

#61 Feb 22, 2014
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix let's me get away with an opinion? ooh noo. Blasphemous.
I enjoyed my shopping 5 hours ago. It's time to go out for dinner now.
Blasphemous? A good number have lost their accounts for less vic.
Be sure to pick those bone from your fish.

Nirvana - Lake of Fire

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 7 min whatimeisit 7,864
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 24 min whatimeisit 77,955
tasteless jokes 25 min Joke 90
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 30 min anonymous 141,891
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 32 min Roxie Darling 698
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 50 min revilot2 5,772
Al-Qaeda 1 hr Albert Einstein 7
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr wichita-rick 155,263
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 3 hr Mega Monster 8,731
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 6 hr Sublime1 386