City honors Kurt Cobain with bizarre ...

City honors Kurt Cobain with bizarre crying statue

There are 157 comments on the Colorado Daily story from Feb 21, 2014, titled City honors Kurt Cobain with bizarre crying statue. In it, Colorado Daily reports that:

Thursday was Kurt Cobain Day in Aberdeen, according to RollingStone.com , which reported festivities turned awkward with the unveiling of the statue in the town's museum, featuring Cobain shedding a solitary tear.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Colorado Daily.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Marcavage s Trick

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Feb 21, 2014
Better than a statue with brains on its pedestal, I guess. Unless you want to talk realism.
U R Not

Dayton, OH

#2 Feb 21, 2014
Marcavage s Trick wrote:
Better than a statue with brains on its pedestal, I guess. Unless you want to talk realism.
Funny, just stupid. Why don't you step out in front of a moving bus traveling at a high rate of speed? Sounds good to me...

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#3 Feb 21, 2014
Why do we honor people who have died from Over dosing on drugs??? Can't we find better people to honor...police, firefighters, military....this statue is a waste of tax payers money...no lol
B cuz

Dayton, OH

#4 Feb 21, 2014
Marissa 2 wrote:
Why do we honor people who have died from Over dosing on drugs??? Can't we find better people to honor...police, firefighters, military....this statue is a waste of tax payers money...no lol
Liberals are freaking dumbases, that's why!

Jackson, MO

#5 Feb 21, 2014
I shed a tear for Kurt.

His last interview 1993

He was a brilliant man and it was a shame his addictions and lack of mental well being interfered with a prosperous and long life.

Jackson, MO

#6 Feb 21, 2014
Marissa 2 wrote:
I shed a tear for the man, but I do agree with this.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Feb 21, 2014
Marissa 2 wrote:
Why do we honor people who have died from Over dosing on drugs?
You're mixed up about how he died, and that probably is a good summary of your understanding of his music and its influence, which was vast.
LOL

Dayton, OH

#8 Feb 21, 2014
Fundies R Mentally ill wrote:
<quoted text>
You're mixed up about how he died, and that probably is a good summary of your understanding of his music and its influence, which was vast.
Did you lose your taliban profile, freakazoid????
Snickers

Dallas, TX

#9 Feb 21, 2014
I absolutely Love music by Nirvana!
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Feb 21, 2014
Snickers wrote:
I absolutely Love music by Nirvana!
How do you feel about music by Hole, since some claim she effectively killed him?
Huh

Jackson, MO

#11 Feb 21, 2014
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>Did you lose your taliban profile, freakazoid????
Why are you changing your name so often and not just sticking with badboy ? DA?
Yep, thought so.
Huh

Jackson, MO

#12 Feb 21, 2014
<quoted text>
How do you feel about music by Hole, since some claim she effectively killed him?
Get real. The choice of suicide is theirs alone no matter the circumstances. You should go take a nap and sleep it off .. pal. So, your a Fundie? Rhetorical, but you do appear mentally deranged.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Feb 21, 2014
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Get real. The choice of suicide is theirs alone no matter the circumstances. You should go take a nap and sleep it off .. pal. So, your a Fundie? Rhetorical, but you do appear mentally deranged.
Direct your spiel about suicide to your nearest armed forces veteran, since that population has such high suicide rates. The fact is many do blame her, and the fact is that mental illness, like all illness, tends to be a family/support system disease. Disease is rarely about just one person, or it doesn't stay that way for long.

Keep out of the rest of the discussion; you don't know anything about anything. Least of all about christianity.
Really

Jackson, MO

#14 Feb 21, 2014
<quoted text>
Keep out of the rest of the discussion; you don't know anything about anything. Least of all about christianity.
Oh? You think you could teach anyone about Christianity? You called the woman a Hole. Is that your idea of anything resembling Christianity? We're getting off topic though. You just stay here and talk to yourself then.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#15 Feb 22, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh? You think you could teach anyone about Christianity? You called the woman a Hole. Is that your idea of anything resembling Christianity? We're getting off topic though. You just stay here and talk to yourself then.
Hole is the name of Courtney Love's band. LOL.

http://youtu.be/O3dWBLoU--E

Location hidden

#16 Feb 22, 2014
<quoted text>
What about Mother Theresa...her life was devoted to helping the VERY sick and Poor....she was a better role model for us...than Curt Cobain.

Location hidden

#17 Feb 22, 2014
<quoted text>
I wouldn't want my son to consider him a role model...or a hero...and I'm proud to say...he doesn't.

Location hidden

#18 Feb 22, 2014
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I shed a tear for the man, but I do agree with this.
I said a Prayer for him...it's always sad when a young person dies...but he played Russian Roulette with his precious life...and he lost.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#19 Feb 22, 2014
Marissa 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Mother Theresa...her life was devoted to helping the VERY sick and Poor....she was a better role model for us...than Curt Cobain.
He's being recognized for his profound influence on music, not as a role model.

Plus Aberdeen is hoping to cash in on tourist dollars, boost the town's revenue some.

How is this difficult to comprehend?

Location hidden

#20 Feb 22, 2014
<quoted text>
Direct your spiel about suicide to your nearest armed forces veteran, since that population has such high suicide rates. The fact is many do blame her, and the fact is that mental illness, like all illness, tends to be a family/support system disease. Disease is rarely about just one person, or it doesn't stay that way for long.
Please don't EVER compare Kurt Cobain's death...to the deaths of Vets serving in the armed forces...these brave people deserved to be treated better by our Country...they should have received some type of therapy...I would think it impossible to come home from a war...and just resume life...as before going to war. My brother-in-law is a Viet Nam Vet...he had a very hard time, when he came home. Thankfully, somehow he was able to work it out...but he never speaks about that time in his life. He's more of a Hero, than Kurt Cobain, ever will be...no lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min wichita-rick 226,106
The Song Title Game (Jul '10) 5 min CJ Rocker 16,095
What's one thing you appreciate in your life? (Apr '17) 24 min Faith 684
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 27 min Faith 6,765
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 31 min honeymylove 34,401
True False Game (Jun '11) 32 min honeymylove 16,022
News PETA Targets Celebrity Chef Fans With New 'Sile... (May '12) 34 min Chilli J 10,808
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 58 min Brandiiiiiiii 32,509
More from around the web