of 2
Next Last

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#1 Apr 10, 2013
IMO:
If government would stop wasting tax payer money we could balance the budget in 10 years. The following gives you some idea of the billions we waste by overlapping government spending and much of it is on frivolous gimmicks for padding 'certain' peoples pockets, which is kept secret from the citizens.
Google for yourself and see how difficult it is to dig them up.
Explains why those that have been in government for several years are million & billionaires.

If you listen to the President, and particularly his cabinet secretaries, you will believe that bad news and consequences are in store for Americans because of air traffic controllers being released, USDA food inspectors laid off, teachers fired (false), and three-hour waits in lines at airports due to cutbacks of TSA agents.
If 'he' and his administration will lie about the severity of the sequester causing this, what else are they lying about or maybe the question is ((("What won't they lie about?)))
*=* 364 Billion Ways the Government Wastes Your Money *=* http://news.heartland.org/newspaper-arti....s...

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, FOX NEWS HOST: All right, here are the two questions. One is the fact that it's -- it's sort of annoying that we're having this conversation one year later and that virtually nothing was done and all this money has been wasted one more year when a lot of hard-working American people are trying to make ends meet. I mean, that -- you know, that is the first problem.

The second problem is this oversight is always after it's wasted. We never -- we never decide to do oversight to make sure that these people are doing their jobs in the first place so they don't even have the opportunity to waste. All we do is we have these hearings and we discover that they're having these huge conferences and spending ridiculous amount of moneys for, you know, as I would say, the bathtub picture was my favorite where the two glasses of wine don't match, and we paid almost a million dollars on a conference.

But you know, it's, like, you know -- you know, really, is that we depend on you, you know, and your committee to do the oversight so that we don't have these problems! And we just sit and watch and are horrified!
http://nation.foxnews.com/benghazi/2013/....-...

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#3 Apr 10, 2013
By KIMBERLY KINDY and DAVID S. FALLIS and SCOTT HIGHAM, The Washington Post
October 9, 2012
A California congressman helped secure tax breaks for racehorse owners — then purchased seven horses for himself when the new rules kicked in.

A Wyoming congresswoman co-sponsored legislation to double the life span of federal grazing permits that ranchers such as her husband rely on to feed cattle.

And a Pennsylvania congressman co-sponsored a natural gas bill as Exxon Mobil negotiated a deal that paid millions for his wife’s shares in two natural gas companies founded by her great-great-grandfather.

Those lawmakers were among 73 members of Congress who have sponsored or co-sponsored legislation in recent years that could benefit businesses or industries in which either they or their family members are involved or invested, according to a Washington Post analysis. The findings emerge from an examination by The Post of financial disclosure forms and public records for all 535 members of the House and Senate.

submit
The Fiscal Times FREE Newsletter
submit
The practice is both legal and permitted under the ethics rules that Congress has written for itself, which allow lawmakers to take actions that benefit themselves or their families except when they are the lone beneficiaries. The financial disclosure system Congress has implemented also does not require the legislators to identify potential conflicts at the time that they take official actions that intersect or overlap with their investments.

Read more at http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2012/1...

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#4 Apr 10, 2013
Indiana University obtained a stimulus grant that totaled $423,500 to conduct a study on the correct use of condoms.

The title of the study was Barriers to Correct Condom Use and the grant was awarded on May 29, 2009. A synopsis of the study reads:

“Sexually transmitted infections (STI), including human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), pose significant health risks. Consistent and correct use of condoms can be a highly effective method of preventing the transmission of HIV and many STIs, yet studies show that problems with condom use are common. This project is one of the first to examine under controlled conditions the role of cognitive and affective factors and condom skills in explaining condom use problems in young, heterosexual adult men.”

On the government posting for the study, it lists jobs created as 0.00.

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

USA

#5 Apr 10, 2013
Yes they have on wars that we didn't need..
Level 5

Location hidden

#6 Apr 10, 2013
If the Government would use the money for things that would help instead of hurting the budget, no one whold cry about it.
These people we place in office think they all have a check book with unlimited funds and they hold NO ACCOUNTABILITY.
The Government is broken and needs to be rebuilt with people who can and will make sure they are accountable for all their actions.
When they are allowed to spend Millions for things no one will ever use and get a pat on the back for having done it some thing is very wrong.
Govermnent has been allowed to steal from programs for more years than any one can count and not one has made an effort to pay them back. They give breaks to the wealthest and tax the hell out of the middle and poor people and call it fair? REALLY.
I love my Country its the Govermnent that scares the HELL out of me.

flbadcatowner

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#7 Apr 11, 2013
I have known at least two people who got much more in food stamps than they could spend. I am sure that there are thousands, if not millions of others getting far more than they need.

I also agree that there is a lot of waste concerning our military spending. There is no country that even comes close to what the U.S. spends on defense. Among the top ten nations in military spending, the U.S. spends nearly 60% of the total by those ten countries. The U.S. also spends almost five times as much on defense spending as the number two nation in defense spending, China.

flbadcatowner

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#8 Apr 11, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
Indiana University obtained a stimulus grant that totaled $423,500 to conduct a study on the correct use of condoms.
The title of the study was Barriers to Correct Condom Use and the grant was awarded on May 29, 2009. A synopsis of the study reads:
“Sexually transmitted infections (STI), including human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), pose significant health risks. Consistent and correct use of condoms can be a highly effective method of preventing the transmission of HIV and many STIs, yet studies show that problems with condom use are common. This project is one of the first to examine under controlled conditions the role of cognitive and affective factors and condom skills in explaining condom use problems in young, heterosexual adult men.”
On the government posting for the study, it lists jobs created as 0.00.
I have to agree with you that there is a lot of senseless government spending out there. You showed us a very good example. I also wonder how much of that grant was actually spent on its intended purpose.

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#9 Apr 11, 2013
Obscene Government Waste

Alan Caruba
Column by Alan Caruba

Manasquan, NJ --( Ammoland.com )- The one thing the “sequester” did was to get people asking why government spending could not be reduced.

Adding to the drama of the automatic cuts was the sky-is-falling, government-services-will-stop, and comparable lies the President and his cabinet secretaries told until it became obvious that the public was not buying it.

What the President did not talk about was the incredible, obscene waste of taxpayer’s money that goes on every day in every department and agency of the U.S. government. Americans are so accustomed to hearing everything described in the billions and trillions, they have lost sight of what these numbers really mean and this is particularly true in light of the nation’s huge, growing debt and deficit.

It’s not like independent organizations like Citizens Against Government Waste don’t keep watch and report the waste. It has gained some fame for its annual “Pig Book”, a list of absurd spending. To its credit, the Government Accountability Office occasionally issues a report on waste when some member of Congress requests it.

Even a casual bit of research turns up item after item that, were Americans not so apathetic and indifferent to government waste, it would result in huge rallies in Washington, D.C. calling for change. There is none.

Here are some examples, a mere handful from the many anyone can discover by simply Googling “government waste.”

Read more at Ammoland.com : http://www.ammoland.com/2013/03/obscene-gover...

flbadcatowner

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Retirement City

#10 Apr 11, 2013
Both major parties need to put America and not the special interests first. That would be a good starting point.
Good Grief

United States

#11 Apr 11, 2013
Ohio Cowgirl wrote:
Yes they have on wars that we didn't need..
And who in the Hell died and made YOU Secretary of Defense? Very soon, most likely, we'll be at WAR with N. Korea. You going to support that one now that your "guy" is in office????
Not Going 2 Happen

United States

#12 Apr 11, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
Both major parties need to put America and not the special interests first. That would be a good starting point.
At least on the LEFT side of things. The "machine" is entrenched in our society like a cancerous tumor.

“Cat got your tongue?”

Level 7

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#13 Apr 11, 2013
Not Going 2 Happen wrote:
<quoted text>At least on the LEFT side of things. The "machine" is entrenched in our society like a cancerous tumor.
I see you're still using the false R/L paradigm. Guess who's been REALLY running the country since Reagan? Who was Reagan's V-president?

Guess who was Secretary of Defense during the presidency of George H. W. Bush?

Who was the Secretary of Defense under both Ford and GW Bush?

It's not been the "liberals" running the country..it's been the Neo-cons all along....and they ain't going away. Obama has been following GW Bush's agenda since the beginning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_Doctrine
Obama Care Doctor

United States

#14 Apr 11, 2013
Nancy Botwin wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're still using the false R/L paradigm. Guess who's been REALLY running the country since Reagan? Who was Reagan's V-president?
Guess who was Secretary of Defense during the presidency of George H. W. Bush?
Who was the Secretary of Defense under both Ford and GW Bush?
It's not been the "liberals" running the country..it's been the Neo-cons all along....and they ain't going away. Obama has been following GW Bush's agenda since the beginning.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_Doctrine
I can't decide whether we need to lower or up your meds???? You're not smoking that funky tree bark again, are you?
Obama Care Doctor

United States

#15 Apr 11, 2013
I wonder who he thinks was running it under Carter? Well, not really......

“Cat got your tongue?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#16 Apr 11, 2013
Obama Care Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>I can't decide whether we need to lower or up your meds???? You're not smoking that funky tree bark again, are you?
Answer the questions...then we'll see who needs meds.

Ronnie Raygun was exhibiting Alzheimer's by his second term. Who do you think was running the country? Who do you think has controlled the economy since Reagan (1987) through GW Bush(2006)?

“Cat got your tongue?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#17 Apr 11, 2013
From the "American Conservative" magizine. By Philip Giraldi...ex-CIA

Money for Nothing

...Money also disappeared in truckloads and by helicopter. The CPA reportedly distributed funds to contractors in bags off the back of a truck. In one notorious incident in April 2004,$1.5 billion in cash that had just been delivered by three Blackhawk helicopters was handed over to a courier in Erbil, in the Kurdish region, never to be seen again. Afterwards, no one was able to recall the courier’s name or provide a good description of him.

Paul Bremer, meanwhile, had a slush fund in cash of more than $600 million in his office for which there was no paperwork. One U.S. contractor received $2 million in a duffel bag. Three-quarters of a million dollars was stolen from an office safe, and a U.S. official was given $7 million in cash in the waning days of the CPA and told to spend it “before the Iraqis take over.”

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...
Death Panels

United States

#18 Apr 11, 2013
Nancy Botwin wrote:
From the "American Conservative" magizine. By Philip Giraldi...ex-CIA
Money for Nothing
...Money also disappeared in truckloads and by helicopter. The CPA reportedly distributed funds to contractors in bags off the back of a truck. In one notorious incident in April 2004,$1.5 billion in cash that had just been delivered by three Blackhawk helicopters was handed over to a courier in Erbil, in the Kurdish region, never to be seen again. Afterwards, no one was able to recall the courier’s name or provide a good description of him.
Paul Bremer, meanwhile, had a slush fund in cash of more than $600 million in his office for which there was no paperwork. One U.S. contractor received $2 million in a duffel bag. Three-quarters of a million dollars was stolen from an office safe, and a U.S. official was given $7 million in cash in the waning days of the CPA and told to spend it “before the Iraqis take over.”
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...
Yep, still smoking that tree bark. Figured as much.

“Cat got your tongue?”

Level 7

Location hidden

#19 Apr 11, 2013
Death Panels wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, still smoking that tree bark. Figured as much.
Have a nice night...

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

USA

#20 Apr 12, 2013
Good Grief wrote:
<quoted text>And who in the Hell died and made YOU Secretary of Defense? Very soon, most likely, we'll be at WAR with N. Korea. You going to support that one now that your "guy" is in office????
How do you know who my guy is? I've never said who I voted for...

I'm hoping we won't be in another war and by all accounts it won't be a war, we'll just go in there and beat his azz...

Done!!!

Next....

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#21 Apr 12, 2013
I've figured it out - Why does Barry & Michelle take all those vacations?
Because it pays better than working.
One golf outing costs more than Obama working for a month.
REMINDER: "WE" the taxpayers pay for both.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A six word game (Dec '08) 15 min Pardon Pard 21,485
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 19 min Pardon Pard 48,392
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Oct '15) 41 min SUG here 995
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 42 min SUG here 12,012
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 45 min SUG here 38,019
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 46 min SUG here 34,398
I Like..... (Mar '14) 50 min UnderstandPeople 1,813