"Withdrawal" Nearly as Good as Condoms: Study

May 28, 2009 | Posted by: Iria | Full story: snafu-ed.blogspot.com

In terms of pregnancy, at least, a new study, published in the June edition of the journal Contraception, indicates that the old "withdrawal" method, pulling out just before ejaculation, works nearly as well as a condom.
Comments
261 - 275 of 275 Comments Last updated Dec 21, 2013
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

THE SCOTT BROWN FAMILY wrote:
<quoted text>Brilliant!Or a pacifier would be an eye popper and a pecker downer!:-0
OMG! Yes, a pacifier between the legs. Oh, and not in the way seen in one cartoon drawing. The baby boy had a pacifier in his mouth, and the baby girl had it, um, between a different set of lips. Sick cartoonist.
Melanie

Effingham, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

I think withdrawal works better than it gets credit for. My husband pulled out on our wedding night 4 years ago and he's been shooting on my tummy ever since. No baby yet!
Peter

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

I trust there is a caveat, somewhere in the study, regarding "when done correctly". When you add that to the mix, I think the thinnest of latex may be more trustworthy than the average guy at that particular moment.

Level 8

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

LOL...this thread reminds me of a pick up line I once read...you wanna have a sleepover at my place??? The couch doesnt pull out but I do.

“Understand people,”

Level 3

Since: Mar 08

you must, understand people.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Works for me.

Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

I can't believe people are falling for this. Some guy made up this study because he didn't want to wear a condom. If you don't want any more kids, tie those tubes up girls, then you can do whatever you want without any worries.

“Understand people,”

Level 3

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Proud To Be Trina wrote:
I can't believe people are falling for this. Some guy made up this study because he didn't want to wear a condom. If you don't want any more kids, tie those tubes up girls, then you can do whatever you want without any worries.
True, but this is a rather steep economic responsibility for a woman who has no insurance.
Because if she changes her mind, then she has to pay for a reversal process.

On the other end, is a vasectomy. But that's still $$$.

Why can't a man just pull out before he orgasms? I have done it many times to prevent pregnancy. It's simple control, from my perspective because, of course, an orgasm takes time to build up and time to exit from the testicles. Not a large window of time, but at least 2 to 3 seconds to react.

Here's a somewhat vivid example:
I know when I am about to ejaculate when I feel the semen at the base of my penis. I instantly pull out when this occurs. Sure, I would rather ejaculate inside her, but I think of the possible pregnancy.

May be mind over matter but I just don't get when a fella causes an unplanned pregnancy. I know she feels too irresistible to pull out but think of the change of lifestyle afterwards.

"If having a child is not in near future plans, then pull out, man." Just some dudes can't resist the moist warmness, I guess.

“IM A FEMALE!”

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

This is plain silly, the 'old' pull out technique is no where near as good as using a condom. I have seen plenty of cases in hospital of young girls falling pregnant because of this method, not to mention pulling out does not prevent STI's
Join Free

“Understand people,”

Level 3

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

traineedoctorH wrote:
This is plain silly, the 'old' pull out technique is no where near as good as using a condom. I have seen plenty of cases in hospital of young girls falling pregnant because of this method, not to mention pulling out does not prevent STI's
Condom is the best against both scenarios.

Although, pull out to prevent pregnancy does work.
Depends if he pulls out before the semen leaves the penis.
Someone prob said he pulled out but after a drop was placed in her.

STDs prevail in body fluids, so no escaping there even if the woman is 'dry'.

“Forehead wrinkle”

Since: Dec 10

Homefries

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Melanie wrote:
I think withdrawal works better than it gets credit for. My husband pulled out on our wedding night 4 years ago and he's been shooting on my tummy ever since. No baby yet!
shooting or shitting?

8-|

“hi ya”

Level 2

Since: Feb 12

Manchester

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

except with americans

“Depravity abounds...”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Hmm well obviously I'm going against the grain here, but 'withdrawal' worked for me and my wife for about 5 years straight until we consciously decided to have a child, and one cycle later she was pregnant.

Maybe some guys have more sperm in their pre-cum than others, I don't know. I knew we were taking a chance, but we both hated condoms and were monogamous and already knew we wanted children eventually anyway, so it wasn't a huge risk.

But in all those years we never had even a close call, although I will say that I have excellent control over my ejaculations and never once had an accidental early release.

I still wouldn't suggest others try it.
Rose

Columbia Cross Roads, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

shhh wrote:
Ha-Ha!! I have two girls as a result of the pull-out method. Nothing works as well as a condom or other forms of birh control.
We had two girls and a boy. We never used condoms or pulled out. We just never had any more. I have no idea why.
G

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

I don't let him pull out! Then again I'm gay ;) hehehe
Morgan

Effingham, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

I've had good luck with it over the years but I've never used it regularly either. I can probably think of a at least a couple of dozen times where I've thrown caution to the wind and just let the guy pull his dick out on my belly. I think the effectiveness is probably a combination of luck and the guys ability to time it right.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••