First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#21 Apr 29, 2013
Princess Hey wrote:
menopause has split alot of marriages up..so listen to us and work with us..we dont want to be this way but we have no control over it its what our bodies are going thru..men go thru it too only in a different way..
Now since you mention about men..I wonder how they feel if we gave up on them cause they can't perform.Now I heard a woman left her husband cause of this.But there is more to life than sex.Yes it's nice to have but if you love someone you can still show affection without the sex.It's nice to hold and kiss each other.Your love for one another will get you through anything...if you talk with one another..
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#22 Apr 29, 2013
Rick Howe wrote:
My wife is going through menopause.
She despairs, and is mean to everyone but holds me in the utmost contempt.
We haven't made love in almost 3 years, she does not tell me she loves me anymore and regrets our 30 years of marriage. She is fairly nice to me maybe 25% of the time. She is like a different person.
My question, is this what I can expect for the rest of my life if I stay with her?
I don't want to throw away my 30 year marriage but I am losing hope, I have to be if I am posting this on Topix.
Advice, condolences, or snippets of wisdom will be greatly appreciated.
You don't deserve to suffer or be denied for the sake of menopause. Just the same, you're wife is not exactly feeling great either. She's going through a lot of physiological and psychological issues right now. Did you suggest to her that she should consult a doctor, Gyno and/or counseling? It could help. Also, what ever happened to "for better or for worse"? I know it's not easy, but if you truly love your wife, you'll try to resolve some of these issues together. It make take some effort, but it's worth it if you want your marriage to stay together.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min SLY WEST 155,030
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 5 min harleyhoney 17,603
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min NoahLovesU 141,593
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 20 min SLY WEST 3,336
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 23 min SLY WEST 4,365
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 25 min CJ Rocker 11,795
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 27 min SLY WEST 4,571
Most of the posters on the Weird are? 47 min Wolftracks 41
"man" words 48 min andet1987 135
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Joy Grubb 38,377